Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) (17234 Views)

New Song: Lol Finally Airforce1 Diss Song Is Out. Lmao Download And Listen / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? / Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2009
@ DBR

Can u plz get the song files across to me, have been looking everywhere for it.

Freestyle session ft Sanchez from MalcomIX

I'm waiting cool
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by djxl(m): 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2009
Truth be told lyrically, Rugged comes no where near mode,, even in his "what if" days (which as far as i'm concerned is the only song that came close to showing him as a rapper). True Rugged got more commercial fame, but does that really translate to skills in Nigeria? There are a lot of artists out there putting out thrash and people buy. It doesnt mean they got skills, it only shows that crap CAN sell if u market it properly! Bottomline Mode could have gone to the Media too to say all sorts, no he didnt he replied with music, Rugged should do the same or keep quiet, talking to the media is a bitch move and he might loose whatever respect any one else has for him.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by darequam(m): 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2009
@DBR
NA U TALK TRUE YARNS PASS (WALAI U GO GO HEAVEN)
@DJC
Its not only 'what if' , take ur time listen to waka waka, we won't battle , if i could do it all, watch me, promise me and dublin wit luv then come back and giv me ur comment.
Mind u those songs are not club bangers or fire crackers like mode said,
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2009
djxl:

Bottomline Mode could have gone to the Media too to say all sorts, no he didnt he replied with music, Rugged should do the same or keep quiet, talking to the media is a bitch move and he might loose whatever respect any one else has for him.

hmmmmm cool
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by DBR: 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2009
khanye:

@ DBR

Can u plz get the song files across to me, have been looking everywhere for it.

Freestyle session ft Sanchez from MalcomIX

I'm waiting cool
@
Khanye[i]zee[/i]
I tried sendin it but i guess it's larger than d size allowed by NL
sorry don't know how else to send it, but if u'l send me ur email i cld send it tyu.

oNe
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2009
@ DBR

kanye02@yahoo.com, send it there. u can upload it through www.rapidshare.com.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by DBR: 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2009
@
Khanye[i]zee[/i]
http://rapidshare.com/files/180025619/20-06_Freestyle_Session_Ft_Sanchez.mp3.html

I still sent u a mail included OLORIBURU by M.9
dunno if u were the one who asked me to upload it
sometime back.
oNe
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2009
@ DBR

thanks a lot man. We need to do a track together. U feel me? wink

I represent Real Hip Hop cool
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by DBR: 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2009
@
Khanye[i]zee[/i]
I didnt kno u spit as well.
How come u didnt enter for the
Nairaland Greatest Rapper 2008 contest?
Anyway anytime manu ready, u know d drill, Holla smiley
oNe
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 4:30pm On Jan 05, 2009
@ DBR

I've got enough lines to kill some slowpoke on the Rap section. But i'm always too busy to go there and battle.

Just taking a chill Pill.

U didnt upload the first song well, i've been unable to download it but i will check the ones you sent to my box.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Sauron1: 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2009
khanye:

@ DBR
I've got enough lines to kill some slowpoke on the Rap section. But i'm always too busy to go there and battle.

ROFLMAOWPIMP grin grin grin
Even Modenine(Your godfather) will get his ass thumped on NL's rap section.
U think this is Addis Ababa nursery drivel??
Don't even bite more than u can chew. . . . . .Bring ur ass to the rap battle, l'emme skin u alive with immortal lyrics.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

ROFLMAOWPIMP grin grin grin
Even Modenine(Your godfather) will get his ass thumped on NL's rap section.
U think this is Addis Ababa nursery drivel??
Don't even bite more than u can chew. . . . . .Bring ur ass to the rap battle, l'emme skin u alive with immortal lyrics.

I said i would never reply your post again but i think i've got to drop this last one. U're rude and arrogant. I just hope the Moderators can get ride of you cos you keep posting insults and offtopic shit.

SOmeone told me A lunatic gave birth to you and that's why ur behaviour is like this.

Turn from your bad way and be a good boy. cool
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Sauron1: 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2009
khanye:

I said i would never reply your post again but i think i've got to drop this last one. U're rude and arrogant. I just hope the Moderators can get ride of you because you keep posting insults and offtopic shit.

Go and learn to read and write before your reply me. . . . .Illiterate self-servicer.

SOmeone told me A lunatic gave birth to you and that's why ur behaviour is like this.

Mine is still better. . . . . .6 lunatics/zany-acting maniacs contributed their Y-chromosomes to give birth to you. grin
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by javalove(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2009
I v heared Dublin wiv luv!!!!

Its ok but sooooooooooooo wack placed alongside the wackest modo track!!!

i tell u guys again, no known mainstream rapper in naija can match modenine's lyrical prowress!!!!!

if u like we can argue from now till tommorow, the fact remains that modo is best!!!

@Khayne

U sef like wahala. Leave the idiot fool alone now.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2009
Silent is the best answer for a fool now cool
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by nanaboi(m): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2009
Is this thread 4 Mode9 fans or 4 beef analysts? Not that I care tho.

Now listen up peoples, a lot of ur comments here are bias-ladden. Both rappers are tight lyricists and comparing them cannot be sound without admitting this.

Mode9's Paradigm Shift was kool but in itself, has enuff loopholes 4 Ruggedman 2 kill him if he wants 2 diss him back on the basis of just that album. 4 one, Mode9 was sounding a lot like a Jigga freak with an oppurtunity 2 profess. This was also discernible in "Nigerian Girls". Prove me wrong if you've listened 2 him well - I didnt say "jammed him well", I mean "listened 2 him well".

On the basis of originality, Ruggedman is as tight as V-pussy coz he is he and nobody else. Mode9 might take the complexity coz his instrumental poetry has such complexity in its structure as can be likened 2 the elevated works of Nas and the likes.

STYLE IS THE MAN. Since this is unarguably so, Mode9 errs in this line

You rap for mechanics I rap and you panic leave you manic depressed damn it

I guess it's a desperate attempt at rhyming else why would he say that? Coz Ruggedman adds pidgin a lot more thatn he does?
He mad similar insinuation in "Bush Girl Behind Girl" where he said the Bush girl's favorite rapper is Nigga Raw , (to be continued)
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by DBR: 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2009
nanaboi:

STYLE IS THE MAN. Since this is unarguably so, Mode9 errs in this line

[b]You rap for mechanics I rap and you panic leave you manic depressed damn it
[/b]

I guess it's a desperate attempt at rhyming else why would he say that? because Ruggedman adds pidgin a lot more thatn he does?
He mad similar insinuation in "Bush Girl Behind Girl" where he said the Bush girl's favorite rapper is Nigga Raw , (to be continued)

Dude, wat are u talkin bout that line as a forced rhyme?
Rugged himself proffesed that he raps for mechanics so wat exactly is ur point??
And in Bush girl Behind girl the bush girl was praised over the Behind girl
and in real life interview M.9 mentioned that NiggaRaw was a good rapper,
so again i ask, wat exactly is ur point
oNe
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by darequam(m): 4:54am On Jan 07, 2009
@DBR
If dats the issue then M9 is a 'fu*cked ass' u call nigga raw a good rapr and say rugged is whack.

Use ur sense guys, this indicates the beef is not about rugged being wack but on personal terms.
Rugged will never tell u Mode is wack and he does even appreciate is lyrical talents, if u want to confirm this listen to 'My life' in Ruggedy Baba. Rugged just holla mia on facebook days ago confirmin M.I to be tight and even wished him success. Mind u he also made it clear his album is almost ready and commended tha producers on it.
Now mode says Rugged is wack, disn him with 45% of is album.
Go listen to We won't battle and My life. Call rugged wack and u might feel the wrath of a RuggedBOY.

@sauron
mail mi, mo serious pe ka jo se track.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by semid4lyfe(m): 6:56am On Jan 07, 2009
@Darequam and nanaboi,
U guys talk true
no be small.
There's no way,Niggaraw can be considered tite n ruggedman isn't.Yeye!
@Khanye
Upon se u dey shout modenine up n down Nairaland,u no get the track free style session which was in the malcolm ix album.Na pees like u dey run am down commercially.Instead make una go buy em cd, na so so upload una dey do.
Thanks 4 reminding me of freestyle session.Its another track Mode9 was murdered.
The guy fear so tey e no feature any rap artist 4 PS even his pals OD,Terrytharapman,illbliss,B-elect n co.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by DBR: 7:35am On Jan 07, 2009
darequam:

@DBR
If that is the issue then M9 is a 'fu*cked ass' u call nigga raw a good rapr and say rugged is whack.

Use ur sense guys,  this indicates the beef is not about rugged being wack but on personal terms.
Rugged will never tell u Mode is wack and he does even appreciate is lyrical talents, if u want to confirm this listen to 'My life' in Ruggedy Baba. Rugged just holla mia on facebook days ago confirmin M.I to be tight and even wished him success. Mind u he also made it clear his album is almost ready and commended tha producers on it.
Now mode says Rugged is wack, disn him with 45% of is album.

@
daraquam
Brov, u don't know the origin of this beef.U don't know who people in d industry say started it.
U don't know who they say started runnin mouth, so lets leave it, whether it's personal or prof.
or not, the point is they using their skill to vent which is better than violent options.
Also i think u miss an understandin of the nature of diss tracks.
When rappers battle the better of them sayin the other rapper is wack/lame is soo in.
Casi in point-F'course we know Nas is tite even more lyrical than JZ,
howeva because it's beef/diss Jay cld say Nas is wack or lame.
Do u get it?
As per 45% of PS dissin Rugged, c'mon dude, u kno that aint true.
M9 battle raps mostly so people can easily insinuate this or that.
That said, ruggedy's last alb. had at least 5 clear tracks for M.9- To whom it may concern, wont battle, To whom it may concern, my life, Waka waka. Now add the tracks that are subliminal what % wuld u have?

Sayin NiggaRaw is good is not sayin he's a tight lyricist, but truth be told NiggaRaw is like the Igbo version of Lord of Ajasa-they are both good rappers irrespective of the lingo. So understand what M.9 is sayin'.
Finally M.9 gave shout out to cats he consider good, he did to M.i, Naeto, and some other that are not really in his clique.
I'm both artistes fan so i stay objective with ma views. No hating , but i know who is more lyrical and i keep ma comment abuse free, afterall it's a forum.
oNe
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by tosinaded(m): 9:18am On Jan 07, 2009
una still dey here dey argue grin
mode9 will never blow, thats a fact!!!
great lyricist no doubt, if not the best in nigeria cool
but there is a difference btwn having a talent and knowing how to use it undecided

yes we know ure a great lyricist, but wut are u doing with em lyrics
guy aint exploring his potentials
sounding the same evrytime
he's got to be versatile!!!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by blinx(m): 11:28am On Jan 07, 2009
Pls who has the tracks "what if" "banging" by rugged. I heard that "what if " track on radio and i was like this person sounds like rugged and here someone is comfirming it. I know it's not in any of his two albums, so if anybody has it, i'll love to have it. Thank u.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by blinx(m): 11:36am On Jan 07, 2009
Pls who has the tracks "what if" "banging" by rugged. I heard that "what if " track on radio and i was like this person sounds like rugged and here someone is comfirming it. I know it's not in any of his two albums, so if anybody has it, i'll love to have it. Thank u.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by javalove(m): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2009
DBR:

@
daraquam
Brov, u don't know the origin of this beef.U don't know who people in d industry say started it.
U don't know who they say started runnin mouth, so lets leave it, whether it's personal or prof.
or not, the point is they using their skill to vent which is better than violent options.
Also i think u miss an understandin of the nature of diss tracks.
When rappers battle the better of them sayin the other rapper is wack/lame is soo in.
Casi in point-F'course we know Nas is tite even more lyrical than JZ,
howeva because it's beef/diss Jay cld say Nas is wack or lame.
Do u get it?
As per 45% of PS dissin Rugged, c'mon dude, u kno that aint true.
M9 battle raps mostly so people can easily insinuate this or that.
That said, ruggedy's last alb. had at least 5 clear tracks for M.9- To whom it may concern, wont battle, To whom it may concern, my life, Waka waka. Now add the tracks that are subliminal what % wuld u have?

Sayin NiggaRaw is good is not sayin he's a tight lyricist, but truth be told NiggaRaw is like the Igbo version of Lord of Ajasa-they are both good rappers irrespective of the lingo. So understand what M.9 is sayin'.
Finally M.9 gave shout out to cats he consider good, he did to M.i, Naeto, and some other that are not really in his clique.
I'm both artistes fan so i stay objective with ma views. No hating , but i know who is more lyrical and i keep ma comment abuse free, afterall it's a forum.
oNe

Correct guy.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by semid4lyfe(m): 12:09pm On Jan 07, 2009
tosinaded@:

una still dey here dey argue grin
mode9 will never blow, thats a fact!!!
great lyricist no doubt, if not the best in nigeria cool
but there is a difference btwn having a talent and knowing how to use it undecided

yes we know ure a great lyricist, but what are u doing with em lyrics
guy aint exploring his potentials
sounding the same evrytime
he's got to be versatile!!!

WORD

I knew Modenine long before javalove and khanye started listening to him-----who amongst both of you (javalove and khanye) remember the "livin it up" track by nuttypin that featured all the rap artistes in naija back then?------none of you----- I guess------I remember his opening lines on that track----I can never be a rapper cos I'm a bad MC cutting ur fists off so you can take no jabs at me-----------to me he spat the best on that track, since then I've been expecting him to blow but he still doing metaphors and punchlines up and down when new cats like Naeto C and MI are getting massive airplay and smiling to the bank

Why did he he quit his job with rhythm FM, ABUJA and move from Abuja to Lagos----because he wanted commercial successs, simple.As he achieved that? The answer is no. Bone all, those channel o awards jare-----How many  people for streets dey feel Modenine? How many dey mime em songs-----the closest he has come to achieving this is on Stylee which is credited to DJ JImmy JAT and not him. Mode9 is tight lyrically but na there story finish.

@Javalove and co,
Why don't you tell us the origin of the beef?
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by darequam(m): 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2009
@java
thank God u've seen someone who's correct, follow his example, he didn't use the word 'wack' with either artist
@DBR
NA TRUE u talk , the difference is clear, just like tosin said Mode is better on lyrics than rugged but he doesn't really kno how to blend em with sweet beats like Rugged.
Mind u i analysed mode's whole album and strike out those ones he used in disn Rugged. Its about half of d pressent tracks in da album. I could show u if u demand. What does he mean sayin half of tha raprs are wack and can't do songs with em. The guy brags too much about his lyrical knowledge which is one thing i dislike about him
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by javalove(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2009
if u v got it, flaunt it!!!!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 12:24pm On Jan 07, 2009
Real Hip Hop is for the big boyz, Not for fools who knows nuttin about Hip Hop cool

@ semid4lyfe

I also want you to know that i've got enough Mode's songs with me. just don't come here and run your mouth anyhow. Your godfather SAUCEKID don bow for Sege. Na why u still dey worry ya self man.

don't want to drop any comment again about the issue. Like i said Rugged started the beef shit and dude we are not talking about the commercial aspect or how many people can sing m.9's songs (His songs is not for fools,mechanics or shoemakers).

What i'm saying is Mode is the best lyricist we got in Nigeria and no one can battle him for that.

Quit the record sales or commercial thing to a side.

I'm talking about Skill cool
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by tosinaded(m): 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2009
khanye u sound like a broken record undecided
say sumtn else
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by skingo(m): 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2009
sauce kid no be small boy and modenine no be big boy so why suce kid go bow to person hes greater than. africn american is coming soon paradigm don drop modenine still dey do free show up and down. the glo don dey dim. m.i is on another level, sauce kid pay respect to am. but you dont understan that sauce kid is the best ni?

khanye is a broken record. too many modenine songs in his archive.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by DBR: 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2009
darequam:

@DBR
NA TRUE u talk , the difference is clear, just like tosin said Mode is better on lyrics than rugged but he doesn't really kno how to blend em with sweet beats like Rugged.
Mind u i analysed mode's whole album and strike out those ones he used in disn Rugged. Its about half of d pressent tracks in da album. I could show u if u demand. What does he mean sayin half of tha raprs are wack and can't do songs with em. The guy brags too much about his lyrical knowledge which is one thing i dislike about him
@
darequam
Majority of rappers brag. What one should ask is whatever u brag about dyu really have the braggin' right for it?
So if u braggin bout lavish livin' diamonds, moet, covorseir, porsche, dubs and 1st class, dyu really live it up?
And if u braggin bout ur lyrical "skillery" are u livin it up? U get ma point?
I rmember sm1 sayin M.i doesnt diss, i had a good laff and advised the dude to get a cotton bud.
They all diss, at least most of 'em, it's d way of hiphop, but M.9's just comes across more blatantly because of his phat lyrics.

@
y'all
the discussion bout M.9 and Ruggedy has never been who's got more money, more air play etc,
but who's a doper emcee, who's a lyrical monster, who wuld rep. Nigeria better internationally.
Not even whose TRACK is better but WHO is better at spittin' 'em lyrics. Most people agree it's M.9
so what the issue.

Toyota is the #1 selling car in the world. A fact. The main thing about car is the engineering. Another fact.
Mercedes is a respected leader in auto engineering. A fact. So y is mercedes not the #1 selling car. A Q?
I listen to both artistes but i know who i respect more.
oNe
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 1:59pm On Jan 07, 2009
@ tosin and Skingo-go

Na why u guyz body dey hot now? shey no be true say Sauce dey fear M.9 ni grin

DBR:

Not even whose TRACK is better but WHO is better at spittin' 'em lyrics. Most people agree it's M.9
so what the issue.

Toyota is the #1 selling car in the world. A fact. The main thing about car is the engineering. Another fact.
Mercedes is a respected leader in auto engineering. A fact. So y is mercedes not the #1 selling car. A Q?
I listen to both artistes but i know who i respect more.
oNe

Which one DBR? cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From P-square's Tanzania Tour! / What Are your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2009? / Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.