Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) (17231 Views)

New Song: Lol Finally Airforce1 Diss Song Is Out. Lmao Download And Listen / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? / Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by javalove(m): 7:04pm On Jan 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Tell me any of Mode9's cuts that can match "Dublin with love"??
The flow, the soundtrack, the production, lyrics, vocab and sick metaphors.
Some idiots just come here to open their mouth needlessly because of the few radio-friendly tracks they heard on rhythm 93.7.
The core n crust of Rugged's best songs are on his album. . . . . .If u don't have "Thy Album Cometh", u don't know Rugged.
He is the first Naija rapper to be on Apple's i-tunes(as far back as late 2005).

@ Javalove,

My sentiments exactly. . . . . This is your first time of listening to "Dublin Wit love"?? It means u don't even know Ruggedman like i do and yet y'all come here to spew adulterated gibberish and classic drivel.

Did u just say Mode9 spits Queen's English?? Let me laugh in Swahili. . . . . .Buhahahahahahahaha
Mode9 spits like a chinese trying to fake Ijebu language. . . . . .Nuthing spectacular in the way he spits.
On Jimmy Jatt's stylee. . . . . .Mode9 spat in pidgin English and he was even wack with it.

Even 2Pac said if u aren't in the rap game for money, then whatz the muthafucking purpose??
I don't respect Modenine AT ALL.
He should face his building engineering career and leave the rap game for lyricists.
I have more sick punchlines than modenine and i ain't mucking about.

RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post lines from that track that can match any modo;s line. Let me give u a yardstick

When i rhyme i drop jaws like i killed a giant shark/
Put my hands in ur chest, rip out ur vital parts/
Step to ur man, palm outstreched, tell him to take heart - from Respekt by Modenine

Please if u can't post lines from rugged, don't bother replying!!!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

I have more sick punchlines than modenine and i ain't mucking about.

undecided
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Sauron1: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2009
javalove:

RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post lines from that track that can match any modo;s line. Let me give u a yardstick

Step to ur man, palm outstreched, tell him to take heart - from Respekt by Modenine

Is this what u call a sick punchline?? Where are the multies??
Show me one word in that line that a primary school student in Nigeria does not understand.
And u tell me Mode9 has a vocab pool?? U gast to be kidding me.

Please if u can't post lines from rugged, don't bother replying!!!

Look who's talking. . . . . . . .
"Dublin Wit Love" has been on the airwaves for 3 YEARS and u just heard it today(courtesy of Sauron).
U don't know ur music. Accept it and letz move on.

1 Like

Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by javalove(m): 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2009
[quote auth grin grin ;Dor=~Sauron~ link=topic=207130.msg3296721#msg3296721 date=1230919941]
Is this what u call a sick punchline?? Where are the multies//
Show me one word in that line that a primary school student in Nigeria does not understand.

[/quote]

Now i can't stop laffing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin U kidding me? There is a message in those lines i posted man. U want me to be lecturing u like a 2yr old? boy need help. Sincerely i wish my doctor cud help u but its gone out of hand

[quote]
Look who's talking. . . . . . . .
"Dublin Wit Love" has been on the airwaves for 3 YEARS and u just heard it today(courtesy of Sauron).
U don't know ur music. Accept it and letz move on.
/quote]

Ok its my first time. ok i don't know music. POST THE LYRICS FOOL AND MAKE ME KNOW MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POST THE LYRICS, THATS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN SAY RUGGED'S GOT LINES!!!! HE IS WACK AND THATS WHY U SHYING AWAY FROM THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!

JUST TELL ME HE HAS NO LINES AND I would BE OFF UR BACK FOR EVER!!!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Sauron1: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2009
@ Javalove,

U are the first to draw first blood but when i join in, u would be shaking in your boots claiming i insulted you.
I would pretend i didn't see your last prattle. . . . .U won't be lucky the next time.
Hold your horses.

Listen to me like u have never listened to anyone in your life.
The art of rapping has gone past using basic wordings and lines to do a rap battle.
Multies, vocab, complexity and wordplay are highly essential. . . . . .Whatz the message in the drivel u just posted.
The message is as clear as anything i read in primary school. . . . .The morale of the story is modenine has no metaphor.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by javalove(m): 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ Javalove,

U are the first to draw first blood but when i join in, u would be shaking in ur boots claiming i am too insultive.
I would pretend i didn't see your last prattle. . . . .U won't be lucky the next time.
Hold ur horses.

Listen to me like u have never listened to anyone in ur life.
The art of rapping has gone past using basic wordings and lines to do a rap battle.
Multies, vocab, complexity and wordplay are highly essential. . . . . .Whatz the message in the drivel u just posted.
The message is as clear as anything i read in primary school. . . . .The morale of the story is modenine has no metaphor.

RUBBISH AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY ALL THE GRAMMAR

SHEBU RUGGED GET THE PUNS AND THE VOCABS PASS MODENINE, THEN POST THEM NOW ABI WETIN SEF

IF I'M CALLED TO SPIT ANY MODO'S TRACKS ON STAGE, I WUD RUSH THERE COS I KNOW I WUD SPIT FAYA!!!

SEE IF U CANT POST ANY OF UR WACK LINES OR THAT OF UR GOD, PLEASE DONT REPLY ME AGAIN.

U TOO DEY TALK STORIES. MUMU
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Sauron1: 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2009
javalove:

RUBBISH AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY ALL THE GRAMMAR

SHEBU RUGGED GET THE PUNS AND THE VOCABS PASS MODENINE, THEN POST THEM NOW ABI WETIN SEF

IF I'M CALLED TO SPIT ANY MODO'S TRACKS ON STAGE, I would RUSH THERE because I KNOW I would SPIT FAYA!!!

SEE IF U can't POST ANY OF UR WACK LINES OR THAT OF UR GOD, PLEASE don't REPLY ME AGAIN.

U TOO DEY TALK STORIES. MUMU

It's a new year, i have stopped arguing with social reprobates like you.
If u believe Mode9 is the better lyricist, wear it like a badge of honour on your stupidity hat.
I am done with ur lack of understanding and your inability to grasp basic concepts of the art of rapping.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by javalove(m): 7:47pm On Jan 02, 2009
i m off!!!!

u r a disgrace!!!!

RAP is Rheumatically Applied Poetry meaning the rapper who rhymes berra and more poetic with his flows is the better one.

I v challenged you with rhymes, u failed to post

if rugged is more lyrical dan mode, then i expect u to prove it. u dont xpect me to think like a retard like u. prove it or go six feet under!!!

Is rugged more poetic than mode?
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by semid4lyfe(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2009
khanye:

@semid4lyfe

NO insult dude, just trying to sort things out. Mode thinks other rappers sounds wack to him. M.I said in one of his track that I[b]'m not saying i'm the best but i'm asking who's better[/b] what does that mean to you?

After you don insult me finish na em u come dey take style dey beg me,abi?Which way I dey follow o?-------MR KHANYE RIGHT WAY. by the way, I was reffering to Elajoe (Modenine's sidekick) and not Modenine when I made the comparison with my Grand mum,ok?

@ javalove"'
Its my opinion that Terry tha Rapman and 2 shortz  mudered Modenine on the tracks "spazmodic" and "2 shortz 2 from a nine" respectively------Its just like the track Jay-Z ft Eminem in, that Nas made reference to on Ether when he said Eminem murdered u on your own sh*t------------ Oya talk your own.--------I thought RAP meant Rhythmically Applied Poetry and not Rheumatically Applied Poetry or as it changed?

Note, I'm not saying they're better lyrically than Modenine but on those tracks, both rappers sent Modenine back to Rap school.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by darequam(m): 11:51pm On Jan 02, 2009
@semi
3 Gbosa 4 u

thank God the battle is over.
@sauron
pls mail me Tori mofe ka jo se track.
Can u help me upload other songs from Thy album come?

@javalove
i'm a help u with tha rhymes and the lines
Go listen to 'watch me' & 'we won't battle' (RUGGEDYBABA)
i've listen to most of mode's track and i'l tell u none of them can stand dis two tracks,

My lyrics got more muscles like Arnold Shwrstngr, (rugged)
flashy cars like a mirror reflectin d sun's ray(rugged)

should be familiar with this 'Wild like baboon under d moon'
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2009
semid4lyfe:

After you don insult me finish na em u come dey take style dey beg me,abi?Which way I dey follow o?-------MR KHANYE RIGHT WAY. by the way, I was reffering to Elajoe (Modenine's sidekick) and not Modenine when I made the comparison with my Grand mum,ok?

@ javalove"'
Its my opinion that Terry tha Rapman and 2 shortz mudered Modenine on the tracks "spazmodic" and "2 shortz 2 from a nine"

Elajoe got more flows than Rugged just dont talk about that. Does 2shotz raps?

darequam:

My lyrics got more muscles like Arnold Shwrstngr, (rugged)
flashy cars like a mirror reflectin d sun's ray(rugged)

should be familiar with this 'Wild like baboon under d moon' He got nuttin to say grin

Does are Nusery Ryhmes dude. grin

Like Javalove said if you can't post Strong lines from rugged, don't bother replying!!!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by dammiecool(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2009
@khaye
u can never see anytin good in rugged.I know ure a small boy n u started listning 2 naija hip hop in d late 2000,I can see dis 4rm ur post.
so 2 shot is not a rapper, elajoe is better than ruggedman,let me ask u re u livin in d bush?,sometime u make laugh,I dont know why a minor like u should post.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2009
MUMU, what's gud in your rugged FADA?

This for you:

The problem is that most people's brains (Including yours) have been wahsed with wackness, so they would support wackness till death. When a sensible, well read rapper comes on dropping mad ass subliminals, puns, metaphors and all other figuratives that rap entails. grin

Ur BABA Cant RAP.

Word!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Sauron1: 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2009
dammiecool:

@khaye
u can never see anytin good in rugged.I know ure a small boy n u started listning 2 naija hip hop in d late 2000,I can see this from ur post.
so 2 shot is not a rapper, elajoe is better than ruggedman,let me ask u re u livin in d bush?,sometime u make laugh,I don't know why a minor like u should post.

Stop bovvering yourself with these rap-illiterates.
Javatwat and Khanfool don't know zilch about Ruggedman. . . .They have never heard "Dublin Wit Love" until yesterday.
Are we even sure they have heard "Big Bros uncensored"(Kennis Music diss)?? The track where Rugged ripped Kenny Ogungbe and D-1 into shreds??
Stop arguing with these ninnys.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by dammiecool(m): 3:07pm On Jan 03, 2009
@khanye
Im sure u always come last in class n Im sure ure still maitaining d last postin cos uve got notting up stairs
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 3:14pm On Jan 03, 2009
@ slowpoke

I've got rugged first album, stop making too much noise on it. The only track on the album i like is Where U At. Others are full of Diss and wack ryhmes.

This will be the last time i will drop any commect next to yours cos someone just told me where u hail from grin grin grin
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by dammiecool(m): 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2009
@khanye
u have 2 quit cos u are a confirmed loser
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Sauron1: 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2009
khanye:

@ slowpoke

I've got rugged first album, stop making too much noise on it. The only track on the album i like is Where U At. Others are full of Diss and wack ryhmes.

This will be the last time i will drop any commect next to yours because someone just told me where u hail from grin grin grin

Look at this mentally handicapped poof. . . . . . . .
I was just told u were born on the first of April.
Stop lying, u don't have Rugged's first album. . . . . . .If u do, u won't be arguing like a pudden head here.
"Dublin Wit Love" was a track on Rugged's album. . . .How come you plonkers never heard of it if u had it.
Tracks like "Wetin Dey", "Oh Oh", "Big Bros" and "I am Rugged" were all classic tracks.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Look at this mentally handicapped poof. . . . . . . .
I was just told u were born on the first of April.
Stop lying, u don't have Rugged's first album. . . . . . .If u do, u won't be arguing like a pudden head here.
"Dublin Wit Love" was a track on Rugged's album. . . .How come you plonkers never heard of it if u had it.
Tracks like "Wetin Dey", "Oh Oh", "Big Bros" and "I am Rugged" were all classic tracks.

Hey slowpoke, i never told you i hav'nt hear Dublin wit love (one of his wack shit grin) before but i want you to paste me some strong lyrics that you have from rugged.

If you cant then i wont be wasting my time with a lunatic like you.

No comment cool
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Sauron1: 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2009
khanye:

Hey slowpoke, i never told you i hav'nt hear Dublin wit love (one of his wack shit grin) before but i want you to paste me some strong lyrics that you have from rugged.
If you can't then i wont be wasting my time with a lunatic like you.

If u have heard it, why do u need his lyrics??
Is it because you don't understand his diction or what?? Why should i post Ruggedman's lyrics for u to see if u have the album??
Can't u see you are acting like a deranged boar??

What you cunts don't understand is the fact that Rugged will forever be a LEGEND in Naija.
He changed the way Naija audience saw rap. His "Ehen" track was ground-breaking.
Idiots like u felt Eedris was the best rapper until Ruggedy exposed y'all folly and added flavour to Naija hip-hop.

Biggie did that, 2pac did, Dr Dre/NWA/Snoop did it so did Eminem.
Modenine has not changed anything. He hasn't done anything spectacular or close to ground-breaking or tearing down barriers.
Until Modenine does that, he won't be remembered for anything. He has not made any impact in the Naija hip-hop industry.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

If u have heard it, why do u need his lyrics??
Is it because you don't understand his diction or what?? Why should i post Ruggedman's lyrics for u to see if u have the album??
Can't u see you are acting like a deranged boar??

What you cunts don't understand is the fact that Rugged will forever be a LEGEND in Naija.
He changed the way Naija audience saw rap. His "Ehen" track was ground-breaking.
Idiots like u felt Eedris was the best rapper until Ruggedy exposed y'all folly and added flavour to Naija hip-hop.

Biggie did that, 2pac did, Dr Dre/NWA/Snoop did it so did Eminem.
Modenine has not changed anything. He hasn't done anything spectacular or close to ground-breaking or tearing down barriers.
Until Modenine does that, he won't be remembered for anything. He has not make any impact in the Naija hip-hop industry.

No comment cool
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by darequam(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2009
i'm like a spear in tha air so watch ur head cus i'm a penetrate in u like needle goin thru a thick cloth.
@khanye
why do u act like u act like u aint strong when u r made of rocks.
I've onced been impressed by ur posts but sayn in ur recent post that Elajo is better than Rugged makes me av a doubt. Was it out of ur anger or u just losing it? That guy Elajo messed up the song 'styleA' . I'l pick dagrin b4 him, The guy aint good atall he comes onstage munchin words with his jaw like his name is 'Jaberjaw' its ur opinion if u say those lines i posted are nursery rhymes.
But if i find a school using dat as nursery rhymes, i'l urge kids to go there. I de gbadun mode's lyrics thou but tha way u write off rugged just make people wanna attack mode. Mind u 2short is a rapper, he's only decided to switch so as to make more money.
@sauron
God! Dam it, i bought that album 3times, it seems to be exausted from da market now, u mentioning d tracks spun me to wanna listen.
Love in dublin/ that 1 he did in Congo.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2009
@ darequam

Try listen more to some other raps from Elajoe, dont judge him with just a track you heard from him. i'm not writing off your rugheadman it's just that the guy cant match mode's lyrical, subliminals, puns, metaphors power on da mic. He started all this beef shit, but now he's scarced. i've got no personal beef against any artist but rughead should keep to his grade (dem eedris,2shotz and co.) and not to keep fucking with the Sege.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by tosinaded(m): 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2009
Elajoe ko Elajoe ni
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2009
tosinaded@:

Elajoe ko Elajoe ni

what's ur own tosin?
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by tosinaded(m): 10:58am On Jan 04, 2009
Elajoe is crapily whack!
Thats y impression of him!
He has to prove me wrong!
He almost ruined stylee!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by darequam(m): 11:27am On Jan 04, 2009
I think every one knos that
@kanye can u post some of the guys tracks cus i doubt if he has an album
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by superstan(m): 1:39am On Jan 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

i agree with you here. ruggedman's album is the most complete album ever made in nigeria.

besides, whoever thinks ruggedman has no lyrics is just being malicious.

dublin with love(memorable bars)

:::::once again it's the individual, spitting lyrics you can't handle
i don't need a black mask, i am still the microphone vandal

::::::maybe i break u off some, if you are awesome::::::::
::::::only if u want some, u know when it comes, son:::::::::

:::::::helter skelter, forget looking for shelter:::::::::::
:::::::whatever i spew forth will definitely pelt ya::::::::::

::::::::words laced with venom, when i spit em up in ur cereberum::::::
::::::::when ma album drops, hurry up to get em.:::::::::::::::::::::::::
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by darequam(m): 6:09am On Jan 05, 2009
Omo ! Stop am , as u de post that stuff u just de make me want some cus its awesome. If khanye and java should call all those nursery then its total sentiments.
Somebody upload that track 4 me now 'dublin wit luv'
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by darequam(m): 6:10am On Jan 05, 2009
Omo ! Stop am , as u de post that stuff u just de make me want some cus its awesome. If khanye and java should call all those nursery then its total sentiments.
Somebody upload that track 4 me now 'dublin wit luv'
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Wordsmith(m): 10:39am On Jan 05, 2009
One question?

don't you mutha fs ever get tired??
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by DBR: 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2009

Is this what u call a sick punchline?? Where are the multies??
, The message is as clear as anything i read in primary school. . . . .The morale of the story is modenine has no metaphor.

@
Saurone/daraquam/y'all

C'mon Saurone, how cld u call that line pry school stuff, lol.
Are u sayin all this bout M.9 because of the way Khanye and Javalove talk bout M.9?
I'v seen your lyrics on Nland, and they are really good, no, they are really tight.
But when people commend you they mostly say u r as lyrical as M.9(which u often call a diss) not Rugged.
As much as i know u r ill with ur lyrics i find it unbelievable to now hear u say M.9 is not lyrical and that Ruggedy is more lyrical.
Ok, lets agree he aint, then who is? U don't truly diss-or-beef-aside think Ruggedy's lyrics are more
elevated than M.9. because even Ruggedy acknowleges M.9 lyrical wizardry with 'em punchline n tite metaphors, c'mon.
It's just amazin that loads of people complain that M.9's lyrics are too complex,
and here u r sayin it's pry school level?
Ruggedy is good but when u make a honest lyrical comparison with M.9 the diff. is soooo clear.
Yea M.9 doesnt use multies as much as U(saurone) do, but till date i do not know an artiste with crazier puns,metaphor than M.9
I'm listenin to Freestyle session ft Sanchez from MalcomIX right now and, guys, this discussion shudnt come up.
Dude is a benchmark in that department. M.9 is the illest.
oNe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From P-square's Tanzania Tour! / What Are your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2009? / Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.