Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) (17233 Views)

New Song: Lol Finally Airforce1 Diss Song Is Out. Lmao Download And Listen / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? / Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by vanhelsing(m): 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2008
Did ruggedman really say that? men that guy is more stupid than i thought, na car dem dey take know who get money?he should see what yahoo boys half his age has got,he's gonna weep, him think say we no know him shady deals, stupid GLUCOSE boy, NDLEA dey wait am,
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by javalove(m): 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2008
Quoting DBR

Mnwhile, 9ce, 2face, and those u mentioned that don't hav european influence
aint doin hiphop, at least as far as we know hiphop to be,
tho d ignorance in our music industry make people even call 9ce a hiphop artist, phweeew!
(lets forget d fact that 2face ft a R,kelly wit his european touch oo)
they belong to a diff. genre, and a genre that is more accepted in Nigeria.
Rugged leans away from hiphop more to that pop genre hence more listenership.

Word !!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 19, 2008
@DBR,luv ur analysis and @ d stupid fool,i will tell u to stop servin ur rappin skills or whateva u call it to ur younger one,cuz they themselve know that u ain't going nowhere with ur shallow ass line.
I will advice u to look in yourself and c d true u,dat person is a thoughtless guy,sitting all alone and spamming NL.Oloshi,Nuf said 4 now.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Andy1985ng(m): 1:04am On Dec 26, 2008
There was a time when ruggedman ruled the airwaves, then came mode9 with malcom ix and the likes of ikechukwu, naeto c, illbliss, sid and co. Now, the short dude called MI is making everyone rethink rap again. Methinks the dissing game is just an avenue to step up lyrical content and improve sales generally, it works abroad, why not here. Pretty soon, M9 & Rugged will do a collabo (Eedris all over again) Not a bad move guys!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by javalove(m): 6:45pm On Dec 27, 2008
Andy1985ng:

There was a time when ruggedman ruled the airwaves, then came mode9 with malcom ix and the likes of ikechukwu, naeto c, illbliss, sid and co. Now, the short dude called MI is making everyone rethink rap again. Methinks the dissing game is just an avenue to step up lyrical content and improve sales generally, it works abroad, why not here. Pretty soon, M9 & Rugged will do a collabo (Eedris all over again) Not a bad move guys!

i v heared m9 interviews about rugged. M9 no like rugged 1 bit. Na inferiority complex dey worry eedris now and he aint a real rapper like dat. He be singer just like rugged too so dem go flow. Eedris looks at rugged like one rap god but naaaaa the octopus is ready to blaze him out of d game. M9 no go gree and i rememer him saying "I KILL AN ANT WITH A SLEDGE" in that interview.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by tosinadeda: 6:49pm On Dec 27, 2008
javalove:

i v heared m9 interviews about rugged. M9 no like rugged 1 bit. Na inferiority complex dey worry eedris now and he aint a real rapper like that. He be singer just like rugged too so them go flow. Eedris looks at rugged like one rap god but naaaaa the octopus is ready to blaze him out of d game. M9 no go gree and i rememer him saying "I KILL AN ANT WITH A SLEDGE" in that interview.

what an old fool!!!
talk about misplaced priorities
hisss
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 27, 2008
mode 9 wan use rugged sale his album, im sorry for that fool
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by dammiecool(m): 7:55am On Dec 30, 2008
Mode is too dry as in 2 dry.so na now he know say rugged no good, so since 2001/02 na now he come chop liver 2 yab ruggedy
wetin hin dey do since?mode is just a stupid hater,he is to small 2 kill ruggeds career,he has no good point how on earth can he say rasquie is better than rugged.
RUGGED MAN IS STILL BANGIN ON mode ix
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2008
kolo-nice:

Sorry, i forgot to tell u.
Rugged actually said he is quiting rap after his next effort which is droping in march.
He no get mouth again abi gas finish.
Yeye one go face him clothing line, 50 CENT na him Role Model.
OLD MAN

The dude cant rap. cool
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by MojiEsther(f): 12:14am On Jan 02, 2009
[/quote]Yeye one go face him clothing line, 50 CENT na him Role Model.[quote]
Him Clothes dey sell? grin
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by darequam(m): 8:41am On Jan 02, 2009
@kanye
wetin de do u self?
U r very right, 50cent is one of Rugged's role model. Dropping is last album doesn't mean he is quitin rap, he might still go on and do collabos or help produce other raper's Album.
Haven't u head Jay Z announce his last album, don't tell me after dat he still didn't do rap,
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 10:05am On Jan 02, 2009
Rugged can't Rap. SHi ke na. He's only releasing his third album (also his last) now and he wants to concentrate on his Ton tirin fahion shit. cool
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by tosinaded(m): 11:05am On Jan 02, 2009
Mode9 is confused
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 11:14am On Jan 02, 2009
confused about what?
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by tosinaded(m): 11:19am On Jan 02, 2009
They av started again o!
Who is deleting my posts again?
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by jejelolatu(f): 11:26am On Jan 02, 2009
Modey isnt confused!!

Ruggedy is d one who is confused!!

He is so confused i'm beginnin to think hes sufferin frm a memory loss!!

Imagine rugged who described idris as rappin lyk his 5yr old cousin, sayin in an hip tv interview dat "idris had it going 4 him" nd afta idris its him!!!

And then, he must hv bin stoned wen he said modey wuz jobless for making a beef track!!

Puhlease, who started beef in naija!!!

Rugged is confused.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 11:31am On Jan 02, 2009
jejelolatu:

Ruggedy is d one who is confused!!

He is so confused i'm beginnin to think hes sufferin frm a memory loss!!

Illectual Myopia grin
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by dammiecool(m): 11:41am On Jan 02, 2009
@jejelolatu
Rugged siad,take my words like a brother
mo de fe ke mail mi
tori mofe kajo se track(enhe)
U dont expect rugged,eedris,rasquie,maintain 2 be ememies 4 ever,dey dont need 2 die b4 they settle scores.
@khanye
U re d one that is confused n has intellectual myopia.
think,n stop usin word @ d end of ur post cos it makes u fake
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by skingo(m): 12:37pm On Jan 02, 2009
r.kelly : european influence?
this javalove naidiot. na tv dey support ur nonsense. u suppsoe try trvel and be exposed, rkelly is american not european fuckkface
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by jejelolatu(f): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2009
@dammie

c' mon, rugged didnt do d ehen track 4 d industry, he didnt even do it 4 d so cald "brodas"

he did it 4 himself nd it paid off!!!

Anywaz, datz ruggeds bizwag!!!

He shd release his last track honorable nd then proceed to yaba to sell his clothes!!!
Lol.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2009
jejelolatu:

@dammie

c' mon, rugged didnt do d ehen track 4 d industry, he didnt even do it 4 d so cald "brodas"

he did it 4 himself nd it paid off!!!

Anywaz, datz ruggeds bizwag!!!

He should release his last ALBUM honorable and then proceed to yaba to sell his SEPT 20 clothes!!!
Lol.

@ DammieShit*

U're nuttin but a big fool, why are u always after my comment. U taking this too personal.

Rugged cant match mode's lyrical power. IF he can then let him release something nice track not like the Banging single shit cool

Mode is like a BABA showing the liitle ass boy how to do hip hop.

dammiecool:

n stop usin word @ d end of ur post because it makes u fake

Dude i dont know what your problem is. i can see that u got intellectual myopia grin grin grin

You and ur Baba SUCKs!

Word! cool
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by semid4lyfe(m): 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2009
MojiEsther:

Him Clothes dey sell? grin

For where?As far as I know na only him dey buy and wear his cloth----the so called 20th September wears.

As for Modenine, If what Ruggedman said about him not even having a car is true,then its obvious the hardcore-rap/hip-hop thingy is not paying him.He has 2 choices-----either he goes commercial or he leaves the game to go and practice the building technology he studied at Bida poly.For Christ sake, the Dude is almost 40, he needs FINANCE to pay bills and do some other things------so he should get serious and forget about little kid's games.

At least other artist dey hammer from their music, so why shouldn't he? I don't for a minute believe he's doing it strictly for the love and not money.I remember him saying on one of his tracks in Malcolm IX that ''I love rap but now I'm doing it strictly for pay cheques'',.-So if he cant at least buy a car ,then he's a failure, Ces't fini.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2009
@ semid4lyfe

Rughead said it himself that his last album will be his last so that he can concentrate on his Sept. 20 Fashion thing.

how do u know mode got no car or his broke. Rughead is local while Mode is International, Mode album is been sold all around the world. Mode was on tour last year to some part of this world. how would you tell me his broke?

I wonder why u rughead fans are not trying to understand what we are saying. undecided
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Sauron1: 5:03pm On Jan 02, 2009
khanye:

@ semid4lyfe
Rughead said it himself that his last album will be his last so that he can concentrate on his Sept. 20 Fashion thing.

Rugged wants to diversify. . . . . . . .Rap cats are doing this everyday so put a cock in it.

how do u know mode got no car or his broke. Rughead is local while Mode is International, Mode album is been sold all around the world. Mode was on tour last year to some part of this world. how would you tell me his broke?

Mode has no car. . . . . .He is a local champion.
Ruggedman was in Dublin some years ago and he painted UK red with mad lyrics(putting Nigeria on the hip hop map in Europe).
Go and listen to "Dublin Wit love" and hear Ruggedman spew his guts with mad lyrical skills that Mode9's ancestors cannot match.

I wonder why u rughead fans are not trying to understand what we are saying. undecided

There's nuthing to understand. Mode9 is lyrically shallow to match Rugged's wits.
I don't even expect Rugged to reply modenine. They don't belong to the same league.
It's like expecting 50 cent to reply Eedris. Would David Beckham argue with LASTMA/NURTW officers?? U do the math.

Rugged rules!!! Listen to Rugged's immaculate vocabulary executed with unparalleled velocity sparking through the soundwaves like digital bullets.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8X5yFJFzMw&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by semid4lyfe(m): 5:18pm On Jan 02, 2009
khanye:

@ semid4lyfe

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I'm a ruggedman fan.I like Modenine-------and an indication of this is the fact that I've spent my money to buy all his albums-----malcolm IX(the lost sessions), pentium IX, E plurubus unum and Paradigm shift.Hell, I even have 3 tracks from his unrealeased IX files album,------and my signature before this present 1 was ''My train of thought is to run you over when you're on my track", which I got from his elbow room track with jeremiah gyang------so don't think you like Modenine more than I do------- but the fact is that I also like Ruggedman------and its my opinion that the ''bad belle" between the two rappers is senseless and unneccessary------after all the sky is large enough for many birds to fly at the same time. I also think Modenine is confused and a bundle of contradiction.I mean he's always dissing other rappers for spitting in pidgin but some of his closest pals and click spit in pidgin too e.g---terry tha rapman(Na beans,only 4 naija), six foot plus, rooklyn e.t.c and he considers them tight rappers. As for that Elajoe ,(Modenine's sidekick )-------he's a disgrace to hiphop in Naija as a whole as even my grand mum can rap better than he does.

Finally, my statement was a conditional statement and not definite-----------I said If its true that modenine does not have a car-----get it? I just don't know where you got it that Modenine is International and Ruggedman is not. Both have performed outside the shores of this country and I even know some peeps who bought Ruggedman's ''thy album come ''album in yankee and JD.

Last time, I checked Ruggedman had a Wikipedia entry and Modenine did not. I don't know about now though.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by semid4lyfe(m): 5:53pm On Jan 02, 2009
@Sauron,
Did you say Dublin with love?Now that is 1 of my favourite ruggedman tracks.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2009
Quote From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruggedman H[b]e did not attack rappers such as Modenine[/b], 2-Shotz, Freestyle, Six Foot+ possibly because he saw them as rappers who use words, because that was what he advised Edris Abdulkareem - "try use words, and u might sound nice, but not as precise as my guys you see ib front of your eyes".

semid4lyfe:

he's always dissing other rappers for spitting in pidgin in Naija as a whole as even my grand mum can rap better than he does.

Which other rappers are u talking about dude?

Rugged started all this beef shit, go listen to Banging and you will understand what i'm talking about.

He (Rugged) thinks he can match Mode but no he cant.

Can't remember but i heard this nursery rhymes from Ruggedman

It was an insult
i took with a pinch of salt
and a bottle of malt.

Whack Shit!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by semid4lyfe(m): 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2009
@Khanye,
Its no secret what Modenine thinks off rappers who spit in pidgin. He has said he its a bandwagon he ain't trying to jump on and besides he said on a particular track (can't remember which ) on the Paradigm Shift Album that Most rappers are trying to do a track with him but he ain't trying to get on every rappers track especially when half of them around here sound wack to him.

Look, guy-----Listen to his tracks very well and you'll notice he has nothing but contempt for those who spit in pidgin. I ain't even sure whether you know Modenine as well as I do. No be today I start to dey listen to Modenine o.

The Ruggedman lyrics u posted are from the peace and war track on his ''thy album come'' album and yes I agree with you He could have done better but he has since stepped up his game lyrically too.

Anyhow,sha-----I'm off this thread because most often than not the Modenine versus Ruggedman beef thingy always results in personal insults.
See ya
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2009
did i insult you, just trying to let you know you're following the wrong way.

Rughead is a singer - he does a whole kind of music. Rock the spot ft. Ajasa (have u seen the video to that song) you cant tell me that's a hip Hop video. Was rughead rapping in Banging i dont think so.

i mean it when i say ur whole album is a chorus - HIP HOP (Go check the video out) by Modenine

Quoted

Mode's way above rugged lyrically, i hate it when people deliberately run from the truth.

Let us subtract punchlines, wordplays, metaphors etc, and pick normal rhymes! Mode is better than my "Naija Crunk" Brother.

They say Mode uses Big words! who are these people talking like this. If u don't understand what he's saying, you write them down for someone more intelligent to explain them for you.

Bottomline!
If you think Ruggedman is better than modenine, drop any ruggedman's line that is worth looking at!!! if you can't do this, please don't ever argue here again!!!!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2009
@semid4lyfe

NO insult dude, just trying to sort things out. Mode thinks other rappers sounds wack to him. M.I said in one of his track that I[b]'m not saying i'm the best but i'm asking who's better[/b] what does that mean to you?
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by javalove(m): 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2009
@Sauron

Walahi u dey fall my hand. U claim to be a good lyriccist and please can u kindly post some sensible lyrics from that song. Its my first time of watching or even listening to the song and i struggled hard to get a line that makes sense to me or that would make sense to any hip hop head. Please post the lyrics and lets analyze the song on an intellectual level. At least, this aint a party track so i guess the only thing left to be focused on is the lyrics.

And who the hell says mode 9 doesnt have a car? Are you kidding me?

Modenine has released 2 mixtapes and 2 albums. If he didnt get a good result from sales, he would have backed off since. This guy doesnt make all hims money from album sales. He gets shows too. He tours too abi wetin be una problems sef.

I love rap, but now I'm doing it strictly for pay checks - - Modenine

now compare

I'm doing this first for the LOVE, then for the greens - - Modenine

Contradiction eh? nah. Modenine has repeated time and again in interviews that he loves rap and he is in the game strictly for the love and anything that comes in after that is a bonus.

And stop all these modenine is broke shit. Na small thing to run ur own record label? To shoot video, make 22 tracks in an album, person wey never belleful fit try am. Omo if una won diss mode, diss him on an intellectual level. Diss him with facts not coming on NL and saying he doesnt have a car. He has a car, if u are jobless enough to go to his crib in lekki, u can and find out yaself,

Its fans like you who make artistes go into 419, drugs (which ur almighty rugged u active in, quote me anywhere) and all bad stuffs just to prove dey r making money. can't an artiste just live a simple life as modo is doing? Must an artiste go on air and be boasting that he his richer than another, when what we sensible fans are interested in is what you spit, aw u spit it and the sense in it. Rugged is a confused fellow.

Sauron, again and again, u dey fall my hand. Why the hell would u compare rugged to modo lyrically. I can understand riches but i think u must be out of ur god damn mind!!!!! No rapper spits berra than 9 in this country. You have been saying rugged is berra lyrically and yet u can't post a line that gets us all go gaga or can match any of modo;s line.

The problem is that most people's brains have been wahsed with wackness, so they would support wackness till death. When a sensible, well read rapper comes on dropping mad ass subliminals, puns, metaphors and all other figuratives that rap entails, u call him a wannabe of some sort. Is it because he spits in pure queens englis, the same english ramsey noah and jim iyke speak in movies, the same english that the NTA network news is read in. . . .

U guys are confused.

If u must beef, beef with sense and make sure u are on point. Rugged came with beef. Now he;s being beefed and some fools here are making noise. Moreover he started it all.

@semid4life

Modo never said u shudnt rap in pigin. Its the stupid kemit the frog who goes about preaching rapping in ur mother tongue, spit in pigin or whatever.

Bottom line, there is need for a shift in paradigm from the wack mindsets of nigerians to aprc8ing lyricism in rap, which of course is an important factor. It doesnt have to be club bangers. People club only on weekends. and on week days, u have nice rap to bob ur head to while at work.

If u r going to attack my post, do so with intelligence and don't quote me off context
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Sauron1: 6:49pm On Jan 02, 2009
semid4lyfe:

@Sauron,
Did you say Dublin with love?Now that is 1 of my favourite ruggedman tracks.

Tell me any of Mode9's cuts that can match "Dublin with love"??
The flow, the soundtrack, the production, lyrics, vocab and sick metaphors.
Some idiots just come here to open their mouth needlessly because of the few radio-friendly tracks they heard on rhythm 93.7.
The core n crust of Rugged's best songs are on his album. . . . . .If u don't have "Thy Album Cometh", u don't know Rugged.
He is the first Naija rapper to be on Apple's i-tunes(as far back as late 2005).

@ Javalove,

My sentiments exactly. . . . . This is your first time of listening to "Dublin Wit love"?? It means u don't even know Ruggedman like i do and yet y'all come here to spew adulterated gibberish and classic drivel.

Did u just say Mode9 spits Queen's English?? Let me laugh in Swahili. . . . . .Buhahahahahahahaha
Mode9 spits like a chinese trying to fake Ijebu language. . . . . .Nuthing spectacular in the way he spits.
On Jimmy Jatt's stylee. . . . . .Mode9 spat in pidgin English and he was even wack with it.

Even 2Pac said if u aren't in the rap game for money, then whatz the muthafucking purpose??
I don't respect Modenine AT ALL.
He should face his building engineering career and leave the rap game for lyricists.
I have more sick punchlines than modenine and i ain't mucking about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From P-square's Tanzania Tour! / What Are your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2009? / Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.