Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). (28845 Views)

Mystery Trees With Arabic Inscription In Ogun Turn Tourist Attraction / Do You Think God Blessed The Agege Bread Seller Or She Used Law Of Attraction? / 7 Weird Things We Do In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Pistolx(m): 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2015
timmy2409:

Obsessing that a very sick person will die until they eventually do doesn't make you psychic. It only makes you an obsessive pessimist.
na u knw dat one ooo
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 07, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

You know, you can't be so sure the experience was so unimportant.

Maybe its the Universe titillating your curiosity.

And now you have questions. And questions are fuel.

Blue pill: you ignore them as if nothing happened...and you get other veiled proddings down the line (persistent bugger!).

Red pill: you follow the questions ...and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Lol, I feel things in the universe are interrelated, interconnected, and disordered, chaotic. But I float in thought and summarize very little. Fun fact (or a previous veiled prod that came my way), I've seen a ghost. I have no idea how to compute that fact. That ghost just doesn't fit in any model I can rationalise. That damn Scooby Doo shadow male that came from where??!

I believe in numbers and His will, and sadly I don't understand why. I especially don't understand why I try not to understand... embarassed

Some quotes from Betrand Russell.

Everything is vague to a degree, you do not realise until you've tried to make it precise.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I've been searching for evidence which could support this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by makhez019(m): 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
Wen I bleeped some nairaland chicks, was so weird, dey all were behaving like possessed children. Buh dey kinda sweet though.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Ishilove: 6:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
Babe2sure:

It is actually called 'Telepathy or the sixth-sense'. The. communication between two souls. Everyone experiences it at one time or the other. It now depends on your spiritual level that will make you experience it more.
1) That is why, you will be thinking of your friend whom you have not seen a long time and the person will call you at that time.
2) A mother will grow restless at a point only to know later that something bad happen to her child somewhere else.
3) A twin will not be happy only to know that his/her twin was injured somewhere else.
So many examples abound.
There is no scientific explanation for it. It just happens.
Interesting analogy. It has happened to me several times.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by pankere(m): 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
Interesting occurrences happen that we can't explain
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by freethinker01: 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
When I was in the uni, in the hostel I stayed. There's this girl that came to visit her boyfriend and spent up to 2 weeks. Along the line, she and I became close somehow but noting personal. Well, I collected her number but didn't call her for like four years. It actually happened last december when I was going tru one of my notes then n I bumped on her number. I said wow, I haven't called this girl all these while. I don't actually know what happened, I just know that I was thinking 'bout her even dreamt of having s.ex with her.
Well, I didn't give it mch tot since I felt It's one of those things. But alas! To my greatest surprise, she called me the ffg day telling me she dreamt of me the previous nite and that she visited facebook 2 get my number. Well, I didn't tell ha I also did.
Buh it still freaks me out till now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by dannydaniels(m): 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
Have you ever had 'weird' improbable coincidences happen to you.

Wrong question really. As life, as we know it, only exists because of improbable 'coincidences'.

So, I'll rephrase: Let's share stories of notable low-probability coincidences we've experienced.

It could be an answered prayer, a strong wish fulfilled, a last-minute 'miracle', or a bank error in your favour - lol, but that you really, really needed at that point in time. Etcetera.

It doesn't have to be Guinness-World-Records grade.

Might just be someone offering you a cup of coffee unexpectedly - when you wanted coffee, or having an old, long-lost friend call - after you just thought of them.

There are certain theories of the universe, where thoughts create our reality. And intent the architect of your experience.

But without labeling these as religious-this or scientific-that, let's just share them as they happened. As open-mindedly as possible...and just let everyone 'hold' their pre-existing conclusions.

I'll lead with the stories...

I first had such an experience in JSS 2.

Then, I was a Christian, strongly believed in the Virgin Mary, and attended a Catholic secondary school.

On the surface, my intention was simple enough. I wanted to take the 5th position, out of about 130 students (combined result). So I asked the Virgin Mary for assistance.

I said the rosary daily - till the end of the term. In retrospect, I didn't bother about the mechanics of how she'd do it. I just had full belief.

100%.

At the end of the term, I took exactly 5th, and wasn't the least surprised. It was expected.

But looking back now, that was, no doubt, a 5-star miracle.

You could take 1st position by trying your best to score the highest possible marks in all tests and exams. Or the last position by failing to pick up any marks through all tests and exams.

But...How the heck does one take 5th through 10 subjects with 3 tests & 1 exam each?

Guess that opens the floor. Let's hear yours smiley.
nepa brought light wen i wanted to iron my shirt cheesy

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by freethinker01: 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
Brb.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by pweetixandy: 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
Ook..mine started in primary sch,I had a best friend then,we were best friends for abt 3yrs,after grad lost contact. My first day in secondary schl,I saw this girl in my class and we continued our friendshp. Later we quarelled and she left my schl in jss3 and we didn't see again until d day I was going to write jamb,saw her at yaba,we said hello and went our ways. First day in unio,I saw this girl again! shocked she was in my class,studying the same course,but we were no longer friends. She was later my best friends roommate tho. The chic was just stalking me!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by haibe(m): 6:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
brb
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by pauldehero(m): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
it is always better to support your own..... lets make the Glo network the best in Africa... download the Glo unlimited song by Paul hero.... it is one of the best songs ever in the history of music making .....A pure soulful chants and vocals that will touch your heart... you cant help it but TO fall in love with the Glo network.make it viral ... send it to friends. offer links for downloads ....lets promote our own.... one Nigeria...it is about oneness .. those in charge front page Abeg.....YOU can port right now...Glo unlimited ....http://www.datafilehost.com/d/a36dc0f9
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
rationalmind:
I just pulled this off from an old thread when I was still new on the forum
UNIBEN grin
rationalmind:
I just pulled this off from an old thread when I was still new on the forum
UNIBEN
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
I have had so much coincidence but let remember this one I can remember

I went to visit my uncle for weekend in his house,disappointed no power supply from Saturday morning,on Sunday evenings when we are about to go and watch a football match,I told him theory will restore d power before we come back,we finished watching d match,no traces of light.i reassured my uncle that we will meet light when we get home(d distance btw viewing xentre is like 10mins walk) and when we about to reach his house,we saw light...was feeling special that day

2 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by dammywapes(m): 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
Mine is through dream. Most the time , my dream come to pass.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
When i was young, i had one day beat my sister and she cried so much that she prayed that.. 'God willing, i will meet someone outside that will revenge for her and beat me too. Immediately i went out, one guy asked me to get him water and i refused. The man gave me the beaten of my life.

I still wonder how God answer her prayer so fast like that. Her prayer and my immediate beaten didn't take more than 5 minute. When she was praying, i was just laughing because i thought she was just wasting her time.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by samuelmag: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
Happend 2 me this mornin,thot of a frnd I have not seen for long, I chekd ma fone 2 see if I still had his number,saw his number but decided 2 call Leta only 4 me to go out for an apointment not far frm my. Area n low n bhold I saw him.d 1st tin I told him was he will live long den I xplaind 2 em hw I wanted 2 call.he lost my numba all dis wyle.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
this happened when i was still in secondary school back then..
there was this girl who used to come to my house and my friends house, she was so troublesome that if i hear her voice, sometimes i go run away from the house like as if na dog dey pursue me in order for her not to see me.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed throughout my stay at the neighborhood
..sometimes i and my friends usually have a discussion, whenever we mention her name in the discussion, it wont take more than 5 mins (or less than an hour) or before that day runs out we go hear a knock on the door...before we know it, it is this girl...

she just show up anytime we mention her name....i cant count the number of times this has happened..i usually get shocked to the extent that i will tell them not to mention her name...so that she will not appear...i was a little scared thinking she is a witch....My last encounter with her was when i and my friend came home after just checking my Jamb result...we just said "soso" girl result will be very good oo...as i just finish concluding my sentence...na so i just see her coming to the direction of my house....i was so shocked to the extent i 1 piss for body... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

can we call this coincidence

5 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by winsome5(f): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
you know there is unstable power supply in Nigeria,,,, so on this fateful day (I was 12 years old) there was no light in my house for good 3 days and there was no sign of NEPA restoring the light,,, all of a sudden I just shouted 'UP NEPA!'... and not more than 2 seconds after I shouted up NEPA, the funny NEPA people miraculously brought Light ..

Na so every body for my house begin to hail me oh

16 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by MNDY(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hmmmm!
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
Babe2sure:

Thanks.
You are welcome.
Na you dey say thanks, na you still dey respond with 'you are welcome'. Lolz.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by NOIBMUUL(m): 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Hey Fijiano, exactly.

Please tell us how it happened.

It's a trick of the mind that you can try anytime. Unfortunately, must people don't know how strong the mind is simply because of the grip of religion. Just think of a person deeply or or stare in their picture for a while, it will arouse the mind of that person towards you. Just think of it as a telephone call with the soul as network.

Please note that the reason you stare or think deeply is just to focus your mind. With time and practise you can spend lesser time. Try it.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by omotogoodo(m): 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hmmm. Nice posts I must say. I really hope my contribution will sync with the topic.
My own case is more of mind games. Like I dream of words and when i wake up, u'd check up the word. Only to realize that the word has to do with that day's event.

Sometimes words/ideas/picture come to my mind. Its either I see the word/picture/idea on tv/iinternet or any other place I sha must see it that day.

And there was this lady I met last year on nairaland. I live in Lagos, she in Jos. She's just like me, I haven't seen or experience such a thing before. Our date of birth the same, our church same, genotype the same thing, we love the same kind of music, share the same interests, likes the same thing, ourr weakness tallies even our strengths. Its really crazy. I couldn't recover from the shock for days.

More
Used to work in a university, years back and there was a teenager I liked then. We worked in the business center in the school and her shop was close to mine. People were nudging me to date her but I was like "haba, she too small for me" and moreover I didn't want to date her cos I like a younger sister". The coincidence here is that "there is one old man that used to work as an electrician in the school, he called me and said you and this girl are good for each other and after that day, if I should wear a blue top, she's putting on same colour. This happened for four days. My jaw dropped! I left the school and came back six months later. The innocent looking teenager had a baby bump on her belle! There is God oooooo! I laughed it off.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by 735i(m): 6:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Are you talking about those moments when you feel like you are an actor in a movie? When there is this quiet confidence within that you know how it all ends?
I had an aunt who had sickle cell. She experienced lots of crises and was almost always sick. The Christmas before she died, she was unusualy strong. She cooked for the family, made us our lovely dishes and everyone rejoiced thinking the worst was behind her.
But, even as a kid, I sensed something was wrong. There was this heavy weight within, I felt like I was seeing her for the last time. Few weeks later, when her sister arrived at our home late on a Tuesday evening, I knew she had died.

Nwa Ekwensu? shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by boolet: 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
My matric number in school was ..../2006/118 and when I got to nysc orientation camp I ended up with the State code .../14B/0118

5 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by LORDI(m): 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
I can't really remember having any OO.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Infomizer(m): 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
Wella!!!
1. Always pictured my ideal woman for years. She sent me a PM on Nairaland months ago!!!

2. Jumped the queue on my first day in NYSC camp only to arrive in front of the guy that would go ahead to change my life forever!!!

3. Got this egbon that always arrived home when food is almost ready! Always!!! grin

Tis some mad Adjustment Bureau shiit people!!!! Trust me!

8 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Rudewaterz(m): 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
Making $300 could never be easier. http:///1AIvqOn
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by yorex2011: 7:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
The power of the subconscious mind...
A secret that not everyone knws.. Yall shud read "the secret" by rhoda bryne.. Also worth reading is "the genie within"

2 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by pinkyruledworld(m): 7:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
Check Out 10 Amazing Street Arts From Around The World

https://www.nairaland.com/2063055/check-out-10-amazing-street
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by ayocool(m): 7:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
This happens to me till date.. Sometimes when am somewhere or doing something. Could be just about anything or event, I'll just feel av been in that moment, situation, scene or environment before. The faces and things i see wont just be new to me.. There is always an unusual feeling of the body during this time. What i do usually is i try to close my eyes and think if maybe it was in a dream or how come things seems to be repeating, I would get short flash backs that i dont even understand but similar to the present. Whatever i can pick from there, i do it reality. If i see myself leaving a certain place in the flashback, I will immediately get out of where i am. Or from the flashbacks I will just know if someone am meeting is up to evil or good.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? / Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.