Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). (28846 Views)

Mystery Trees With Arabic Inscription In Ogun Turn Tourist Attraction / Do You Think God Blessed The Agege Bread Seller Or She Used Law Of Attraction? / 7 Weird Things We Do In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by AfricanApple(f): 8:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
I once had a dream that a man gave me 200naira note, at first I refused but later collected it in the dream. 2days later I was waiting for SUG bus to come and take me inside the school when i saw one of my neighbours from far away home came down from his car to open door for someone. I was surprised, we greeted. he was about to go when he dipped hand into his pocket and brought out 200naira note and gave ur to me. see surprise!!! I use to be scared of my dreams cos of the way they come true a times as in exactly

1 Like

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by missade(f): 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
In 2001, my best(est) cousin volunteered to take me to school on a Friday morning...

That would have been fine except I was unusually restless, got up real early and was ready by 6.40am. Now, my school was only about 15mins drive from my house then (and they used to force me to get up anyways grin). But on this fateful day, I was up and ready far ahead of time. I was in such a hurry, I forgot my school money that dad keeps for me on his desk table.

So we were in the car heading for my school when I remembered my money that I had forgotten. I contemplated but decided to keep quiet and manage. That's when we had the terrible accident that required my cousin to have 3 pints of blood because he bled internally...

Its 2008 and my same dear cousin calls to inform he is coming to check on us after Church. But I was visiting my close friend and told him same. Throughout the visit, I was so unhappy, my mind kept going back to my cousin and how i would love to gist and hang out with him. Wanted to go home, but i felt silly since I really get to see this friend who came home visiting; after-all I would see my cousin some other time....

I never saw him again...Throughout the week, I wanted to call but i was busy with Uni. When my dad called us into his room, I told my sister, Something is wrong with Rotimi and I was right..

I have since learnt to follow my instincts as it has saved me countless times; at least I would have gisted with him one last time.
RIP Rotimi....ok bye

4 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Duchaello(f): 8:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
Have you ever had 'weird' improbable coincidences happen to you.

Wrong question really. As life, as we know it, only exists because of improbable 'coincidences'.

So, I'll rephrase: Let's share stories of notable low-probability coincidences we've experienced.

It could be an answered prayer, a strong wish fulfilled, a last-minute 'miracle', or a bank error in your favour - lol, but that you really, really needed at that point in time. Etcetera.

It doesn't have to be Guinness-World-Records grade.

Might just be someone offering you a cup of coffee unexpectedly - when you wanted coffee, or having an old, long-lost friend call - after you just thought of them.

There are certain theories of the universe, where thoughts create our reality. And intent the architect of your experience.

But without labeling these as religious-this or scientific-that, let's just share them as they happened. As open-mindedly as possible...and just let everyone 'hold' their pre-existing conclusions.

I'll lead with the stories...

I first had such an experience in JSS 2.

Then, I was a Christian, strongly believed in the Virgin Mary, and attended a Catholic secondary school.

On the surface, my intention was simple enough. I wanted to take the 5th position, out of about 130 students (combined result). So I asked the Virgin Mary for assistance.

I said the rosary daily - till the end of the term. In retrospect, I didn't bother about the mechanics of how she'd do it. I just had full belief.

100%.

At the end of the term, I took exactly 5th, and wasn't the least surprised. It was expected.

But looking back now, that was, no doubt, a 5-star miracle.

You could take 1st position by trying your best to score the highest possible marks in all tests and exams. Or the last position by failing to pick up any marks through all tests and exams.

But...How the heck does one take 5th through 10 subjects with 3 tests & 1 exam each?

Guess that opens the floor. Let's hear yours smiley.
So what religion do you practice now? Buddhist? Islam? Pagan?

1 Like

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Kencool2(m): 8:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
winsome5:
[b]you know there is unstable power supply in Nigeria,,,, so on this fateful day (I was 12 years old) there was no light in my house for good 3 days and there was no sign of NEPA restoring the light,,, all of a sudden I just shouted 'UP NEPA!'... and not more than 2 seconds after I shouted up NEPA, the funny NEPA people miraculously brought Light[\b] ..

Na so every body for my house begin to hail me oh

This has happened to me also, i felt so cool that day.... Lool smiley
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by ugodollars50: 8:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
Back then as a LAD we were told fearful myths but i never believed most of those, i suppose they were 'stories for the gods'. But one of them goes thus; "THAT WHENEVER A PARTICULAR BIRD (forgotten the name) CHIPS ku ku ku ori ihe nwa ku ku ku ori ihe nwa" translates . . . . . "ku ku ku someone is eating baby's food" then in actual sense someone within the vicinity was tempering with baby's food. One day i was with my Late grandmother plucking bitter leaf when i heard the already familiar sound from the bird from one of the trees in our garden, I mockingly called the attention of my Granny and told her i will like to know who is eating baby's food as i ran into the house LOW AND BEHOLD!! my immediate elder sister was helping herself out from our little sister's (SMA) baby milk!!!!!!!!!!. when i returned she asked confidently hope you've seen her? she was so certain.

FAST FORWARD 23 YEARS LATER Just this year 2nd January 2015

I was rushing to drive my dad for an important village meeting when i heard the same chipping from that particular bird i quickly jumped out of the car to the chagrin of my Dad. I quietly opened the front door to the sitting room LOW AND BEHOLD AGAIN!!!!! my little niece who was baby sitting my little child helping herself out from baby's feeding bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO BETTER WAY TO BELIEVE OLD MYTHS

15 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by herald9: 8:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
AfricanApple:
me too

What of this one they say when a particular bird sings to you or when a bee dances around you that someone will be coming to visit you...

I've witness that a billion times...

Coincidence of nature.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by zombader(m): 8:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
When I was much younger, I was in the kitchen wt my mum one night wen there was no electricity. I just said to her nepa is gonna bring the light now. I walked to d switch to put on the light. Alas! As I put on the switch electricity was restored immediately. Such is rare...mum was like my faith is soo real.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Fkforyou(m): 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
Mine happened today,I just thought of one of my friend and decided to call him and then make some enquiries,immediately i dailed his number without ringing once,he picked the call....
me:haba guy you no even let the phone ring once you just pick the call
(speaking simultaneously)
him:talk of the devil
me: your father,wetin happen?
him: i swear i just dey think of you,now self,i just dey dail your number na him you call,I think say na me call you self
me:wetin you dey form now,say you be ***** (my brothers name). and so our conversation went on......
it was really a coincidence....

1 Like

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by vonn(f): 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
*A feeling that uv experienced a particular scene (usually short) in your life before *
You can tell what would happen in the next 4-10 seconds.
....Cos it has happened to me many times and I just watch to see it occur a 'second' time.
What's the explanation behind that, please?

3 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by PastorOluT(m): 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
Babe2sure:

It is actually called 'Telepathy or the sixth-sense'. The. communication between two souls. Everyone experiences it at one time or the other. It now depends on your spiritual level that will make you experience it more.
1) That is why, you will be thinking of your friend whom you have not seen a long time and the person will call you at that time.
2) A mother will grow restless at a point only to know later that something bad happen to her child somewhere else.
3) A twin will not be happy only to know that his/her twin was injured somewhere else.
So many examples abound.
There is no scientific explanation for it. It just happens.

Is this nt a good sign that there is more to life than here n now? The spirit really exist n these things are just signs of a taste into d spiritual. The spiritual sure supersedes n control the physical so it is only advisable we know how it works.

NB Though no one should ever venture into the spirit world without the Holy Spirit cos that would be suicidal. Develop a relationship with Jesus today n let the Holy Spirit lead u to a world of exploit in the spiritual.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by olalekan1(m): 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
This happened some years back, just like the present state of power supply in the country, then we used to experience serious epileptic power supply.

On that day I told two of my elder brothers that were with me in the room that NEPA had brought light when I know its a lie, but due to their high expectation for light they told me to switch ON the bulb so that they could see or else I will be flogged if there was no light. With just one mind, I pressed the switch and there was light (it was amazing). They didnt beleive I lied in the first place when I told them I did.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Eillo(m): 8:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
lemme share one small experience
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Leon2036(m): 8:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
had alot, that i cant even narrate some times i just remember my twin brother n feel like calling him, only for him to just call me that same time, sumtimes i just say things which i didnt even know about only for me to find out i was right, when i was a kid we traveled to represent edo state in alot of footbaall competion, 1st we went to akwa ibom then abuja, 1 day just told my brother i feel our next travel will b lagos where we've never been to, e just said thats funny, only for us to be called 2days later, that we re travelling to lagos next week

1 Like

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by NnaNna4(m): 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=omotogoodo post=29645691]Hmmm. Nice posts I must say. I really hope my contribution will sync with the topic.
My own case is more of mind games. Like I dream of words and when i wake up, u'd check up the word. Only to realize that the word has to do with that day's event.

Sometimes words/ideas/picture come to my mind. Its either I see the word/picture/idea on tv/iinternet or any other place I sha must see it that day.

Exactly my Case!
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by vonn(f): 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
This happened when I was still in primary school.

On a normal evening, if there's a knock on the door, I would run to get it open or sit while someone closer does that.

That period, if someone knocks, I run inside the room, then peep through the curtain. This went on for like a week or so. My siblings noticed it, but I couldn't explain why.
I had a dream about armed robbers one night.
Second night, same dream.
Third night, same dream.
The real robbery took place that third night.

Now, what still baffles me is that it was an uninterrupted robbery... They entered the houses in my area(mine inclusive), broke walls and windows with axes, shouted, released SEVERAL rounds of gunshots after the robbery almost infront of my house....the area was too noisy but........
I only woke up at the hushed tones of our neighbours and family members....this was like 30mins to 1hr after the saga. I'm sure I was the only person unconscious in the hood.

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by shesszi(m): 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
ayocool:
This happens to me till date.. Sometimes when am somewhere or doing something. Could be just about anything or event, I'll just feel av been in that moment, situation, scene or environment before. The faces and things i see wont just be new to me.. There is always an unusual feeling of the body during this time. What i do usually is i try to close my eyes and think if maybe it was in a dream or how come things seems to be repeating, I would get short flash backs that i dont even understand but similar to the present. Whatever i can pick from there, i do it reality. If i see myself leaving a certain place in the flashback, I will immediately get out of where i am. Or from the flashbacks I will just know if someone am meeting is up to evil or good.

thank God I am not alone on this one, whenever its happens to me I know I hv seen this situation before and its not like I see it in dream but I see it in my subconscious mind in day time, I don't just know how to explain it

1 Like

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by SkinnyDude(m): 8:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
before i got admitted into my school. i had a dream when my friend and i were checking our results on the notice board. i didn't see anything below 40 in my result. the least i saw were 40 and 50. which meant no carry over. i was overwhelmed with joy in that dream..

now, our first semester result is out. it will be pasted soon. i hope my dream will come true.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by AfricanApple(f): 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
herald9:

What of this one they say when a particular bird sings to you or when a bee dances around you that someone will be coming to visit you...

I've witness that a billion times...

Coincidence of nature.cheesy
hian, never heard of this one o talk more of witnessing it. so a bird has ever sang for you?
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
Many times...

When i was between the ages of 7 and 8,during the holidays i woke up one cloudy morning and i had this very strong feeling something wasn't right. I got a piece of broomstick and started drawing a funeral procession on the sand near our door. (Note: i loved drawing on the sand then,and always did it between 3-5pm daily,but this was rather odd cos i started drawing as early as 7am). Finished drawing it and while i was tryna put finishing touches, news filtered in that our neighbour's baby boy died a few minutes earlier. I would never forget the chill that ran through my spine. I quickly cleaned up my drawing and remained indoors throughout.

When i was 14 and rocking ss2,i had a crush on a js3 girl and one morning i prayed to God that the 1st female junior student i wanted to set my eyes on was that girl and i left the house.. On my way to school i didn't see a single female student of my school. I got there,entered the class and just decided to look outside... And there she was quietly walking down the path. (she was a chronic latecomer,why she came early that day still beats my imagination)

Few months ago.. I lost contact with a very close female friend of mine.. One evening i was thinking about her when my phone rang. I picked it up and her voice was the next thing i heard.. I screamed!

#many more...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
Have you ever had 'weird' improbable coincidences happen to you.

Wrong question really. As life, as we know it, only exists because of improbable 'coincidences'.

So, I'll rephrase: Let's share stories of notable low-probability coincidences we've experienced.

[u]It could be an answered prayer, a strong wish fulfilled, a last-minute 'miracle'

I'll lead with the stories...

I first had such an experience in JSS 2.

Then, I was a Christian, strongly believed in the Virgin Mary, and attended a Catholic secondary school.

On the surface, my intention was simple enough. I wanted to take the 5th position, out of about 130 students (combined result). So I asked the Virgin Mary for assistance

I said the rosary daily - till the end of the term. In retrospect, I didn't bother about the mechanics of how she'd do it. I just had full belief.

100%.

At the end of the term, I took exactly 5th, and wasn't the least surprised. It was expected.

But looking back now, that was, no doubt, a 5-star fluke.

Guess that opens the floor. Let's hear yours smiley.

You asked Mary for assistance? No wonder you took 5th, and it was most likely by luck. Is mary the channel to God? I just don't get why you 'caths' haven't woken up yet. "Hail Mary, pray for us sinners". Who gave her the right and the authority to pray for sinners?

Next time you pray or need intercession, pray to God through the name of Jesus, and not the mere name of Mary.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Fraih(f): 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2015
smiley coincidence indeed

Remembered when I was much younger, slept and in d dream I was weewee-ing and it was going sound until I woke up dat minute and guess what.......the bed!
U know d rest of d story
Am sure someone has experienced this too.... undecided

8 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by fr3do(m): 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
kle4d:

UNIBEN grin
UNIBEN

Salami cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by demmy0325(m): 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
papiforreal:
When i was young, i had one day beat my sister and she cried so much that she prayed that.. 'God willing, i will meet someone outside that will revenge for her and beat me too. Immediately i went out, one guy asked me to get him water and i refused. The man gave me the beaten of my life.

I still wonder how God answer her prayer so fast like that. Her prayer and my immediate beaten didn't take more than 5 minute. When she was praying, i was just laughing because i thought she was just wasting her time.
... Lmao.. Lessn learnt.. Ifah av a sista.. Ah wl nva lay ma hands on ha..
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by vonn(f): 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
Marc9:

You asked Mary for assistance? No wonder you took 5th, and it was most likely by luck. Is mary the channel to God? I just don't get why you 'caths' haven't woken up yet. "Hail Mary, pray for us sinners". Who gave her the right and the authority to pray for sinners?

Next time you pray or need intercession, pray to God through the name of Jesus, and not the mere name of Mary.
Needed to take the fifth position only, prayed for it and it came to pass.
So what's your problem.?
If you want to start argument, please go to religion section. undecided

11 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by dannyfillz(m): 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
I remember the first time I did jamb,when the result came out many people were asking about my score.
Buh I was afraid to check the result so I decided to tell anybody dat ask of my score dat I scored 213,I even told my frnds I scored 213. When I finally checked my result to my greatest surprise I actually scored 213...WTF

5 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by fidelity09: 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
Mine just came to pass not quite long. I finshed secondary school in 2002 couldnt gain admission to univ because my jamb result was being witheld. Was managing my uncle shoe business in ibadan and was doing well. After 3 years of graduation I told my mum that if I don't gain admission that very year am not gonna go to univ again. My mum shunned me off telling me that did she said she is tired of paying for my exams fee. Later that day she comforted me by telling me that I will be admitted. That very night I slept and had a dream I saw myself in a univ environment when I woke up I told my mum my dreams after the morning devotion she just said praise the lord. That very year I was offered admission into the lautech, that's not where am gong to. 12 years after that dream it came to pass @ the univ of ibadan where am currently doing my masters. I was on thesam colour of dress talking to the same set of people just as it was in the dream. @ first I thought I was going mad I just felt within me that have experienced this particular scene before I began to ask myself if have been into this world before. Lo and behold my mind flashed back to that dream I dreamt 12years back

10 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by saqo(m): 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
It happened when I was writing WAEC in secondary school. A day to three of my papers, I dream that Mrs Olanipekun thought me exam questions in my dream. I was surprised to see the same questions we treated came out as exam questions.

1 Like

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by freethinker01: 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
molydonhenry:

Hmmm! r u sure u weren't lusting after?.
oddly enough, troughout, it never crossed my mind. Just couldn't explain what actually came over me.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by SkinnyDude(m): 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
yemi2plus:

Don't feel so special; you're not alone. It happen to me regularly.
lol. i experience it too, and mine is coupled with dream. my dream always come true. last two years, i had a dream when the plane i was travelling with crashed into a building.
see me see plane. i dont have international passport, am still depending on my parents. but i'm scared. anytime i remember it, i feel restless.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by leonard509(m): 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
mine happened when was still in secondary school. ..I was a member of this rap crew, we wrote a song named "back to front(wear my shirt)".....we were practicing one evening when a friend came with his phone, he played willow smith's "whip my hair" , we were shoked, we decided to let go of our own "back to front"......

I have many other occasions...
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
vonn:

Needed to take the fifth position only, prayed for it and it came to pass.
So what's your problem.?
If you want to start argument, please go to religion section. undecided

You asked the wrong person for help! Your effort gave you that position, not Mary.

But if you had asked Jesus for 5th place, even with the 5th place effort you put into your study, he'll make you the head and not the tail, the "Numero uno"

1 Like

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
ayocool:
This happens to me till date.. Sometimes when am somewhere or doing something. Could be just about anything or event, I'll just feel av been in that moment, situation, scene or environment before. The faces and things i see wont just be new to me.. There is always an unusual feeling of the body during this time. What i do usually is i try to close my eyes and think if maybe it was in a dream or how come things seems to be repeating, I would get short flash backs that i dont even understand but similar to the present. Whatever i can pick from there, i do it reality. If i see myself leaving a certain place in the flashback, I will immediately get out of where i am. Or from the flashbacks I will just know if someone am meeting is up to evil or good.

happens to me too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? / God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.