Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged (31005 Views)

Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege / APC Insists On Ahmed Lawan As Leader, Change Looms In Senate / APC Insists On Its Original List Of NASS Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by emiye(m): 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
i believe it is a threat to send fear in to the heart of PDP to avoid massive rigging.

APC will not form a parallel government, it will win at the first ballot and be declared by INEC.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by bullabong(m): 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
Miscellaneous:

tags: eye4eye , bullabong
Bia nwoke ojoo, am I owing you? undecided
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
Anything to bring a brother back to his senses is a welcomed idea. grin

You know why I said that, that guy can't come back to his senses blame it on APC. Do the needful
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by maduxs: 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
Why must it be buhari, why must it be some one from core North that will save Nigeria? Why must North impose him on us. If not death was their any plan to make a south south man the president. Why do North believe that nothing good can come from people in the eastern part of Nigeria. Did they prosecute all the past president like this man? Did Jonathan started corruption in Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Okeycima: 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
This statement by APC do remember sometin buhari said wen he overthrow shagari's Government"THOSE WHO R COMPALINING THAT THE ELECTION Was Rigged Has no power to rig it otherwise the would have done so"
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Elculio: 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
NeoTesla:

In other words, APC should follow the footsteps of a fat fool? Interesting.
Are you saying APC should let a fool tell them what to do. If they do, then they are worse than the fool.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Jean2(m): 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
Imagine the situation in the North East happening all over Nigeria! Already there are bomb blasts, brutal mass killings at random points in Nigeria too.

APC beating the drum of war? This certainly is not the change Nigeria needs.

Are they saying we should get ready for worse blood-letting having in mind what happened after the 2011 presidential election? The blood of the ordinary Nigerians wantonly spilled.

Can we say violence runs in their blood and they cannot help blurting it out?
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by dhidden: 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
...If the courts ascertain election was rigged, would the court not install you? Why would you form a parallel govt? ...hmmm ANARCHY in their mind!
LOSE = RIGGED
WIN = FREE and FAIR
They are simply saying if they LOSE they will form a parallel govt.
In Nigerian politics, winning is synonymous with rigging. Losers NEVER accept defeat but ALWAYS claim they were rigged out yet our different faith believe it is GOD that elevates one to the seat of power. The muslims preach it, the Christians proclaim it and the remnant also attest to this belief. Why then do we discard this when faced with defeat? Is it a Nigerian thing or even African?

Anyone who prays to God regarding anything must trust God enough to be the best judge ever and whatever the result, He allowed it. However, if you are convinced it was rigged, go about it the peaceful and legal way and equally trust God to bring victory; otherwise God is in control. Take a good rest in Him.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
1. Jonathan declared winner
2. APC insists it was rigged
3. APC forms parallel government

4. CHAOS

5. Biafra!

Bring it on boys.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by tonychristopher: 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
How I wish the APC can make their useless threat come true

Igbo will be so favored
Countdown to that
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by chlowi(f): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
gab264:
Let the prayer of parrallel government be answerd by God and all his twenty four elders amen....and i pledge to biafra my country to be faithful.....

I concur
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by drisatasarr: 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
Very BAD idea and THINKING. APC leadership should never even entertain such a horrific idea!. God Bless Nigeria and deliver us from donkeys in suits.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Truckpusher(m): 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
brito:

You know why I said that, that guy can't come back to his senses blame it on APC. Do the needful
We Will still do all we can to salvage whatever that is left of him from those half men half demons of a party. grin
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
We Will still do all we can to salvage whatever that is left of him from those half men half demons of a party. grin
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by JUBILEE2000: 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2015
waternogeteneny:

Na buhari go bury Naija, the guy is worst than u can imagine.

lolz@ the pic...kai characters dey this forum no be small
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by IyfeNamikaze(m): 2:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
barcanista:
I don't agree with this Sir with all due respect. Any society that disregards its court is doom bound. The job of the court is not to prosecute, it only pass judgement when cases are brought before it based on evidence presented. The Ekiti, IGP Abba and Obj's cases I think they all are in court. The court have procedures and its judgement can be challenged by a higher court. The Judge will only pass judgement base on what is presented by the litigant and defendant. In 2010 defunct AC got her mandate in Osun and Ekiti through the court, same with Oshiomole (2008) and Mimiko of ondo. It is unfair to disregard the court and expect a civil society.

are you surprised? didn't Buhari disregard the court during his regime? he treated the oputa panel with utter disdain.
if they form a parallel government, then that rumor of 2015 disintegration will become real. there would be bloodshed due to the civil war that would break out. they better use their head, such comments does not encourage unity.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by AreaFada2: 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
koboko69:

Bro no court will squash an already announced presidential result in the Nigeria we all know. I think that will cause more up roar than a parallel government that does not necessarily mean violence.

True, it doesn't mean. It means anarchy!

And more funding for Boko Haram. After all for APC & Buhari, boko are not violent, they're only carrying out just normal Jihad.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by AreaFada2: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
barcanista:
When did Buhari threaten the country?

Are you a learner or a kid? A man who committed treason to get to power in 1983? Or you don't know if he had failed, he would have been shot like a common criminal? The govt of Obj in which he was Oil minister made coup treason. And 1979 constitution too.

He didn't only threaten, he raped the nation by overthrowing a govt elected by the people democratically.

Then he threatened to make the country ungovernable for GEJ, soaking monkey & baboon in blood. And suddenly boko haram attacks surged through the roof. His blood is the one to spill, no more innocent blood.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Defcon1(m): 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
There will be nothing like parallel government; A clear winner will emerge. No two ways about it. Are they already conceding defeat??
you are right.
problem is,how do you know whether the clear winner won fairly or had the election rigged in his favour
This's because any loser in the elections would automatically accuse the winner of rigging.
so no matter who comes out on top,there will be problem
It's inevitable.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by zanga420: 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
barcanista:
If election is adjudged to be won by any candidate, I will accept the result irrespective of who is declared winner. If any party have reason(s) to believe that it was rigged, it will be civil and democratic for them to go to court. Alternative or parallel government is an invitation to chaos. I barcanista and my family will never be a part of such.

Sai Buhari 2015
nice1 bro, this is how an intelligient gentleman talk
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by kakakent: 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
barcanista:
If election is adjudged to be won by any candidate, I will accept the result irrespective of who is declared winner. If any party have reason(s) to believe that it was rigged, it will be civil and democratic for them to go to court. Alternative or parallel government is an invitation to chaos. I barcanista and my family will never be a part of such.

Sai Buhari 2015

The first reasonable post you made since you joined nairaland kudos
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by anigbajumo(m): 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
londoner:
What they really mean is that if GEJ wins, they will claim corruption. Every day APC are showing themselves to be not what Nigeria needs.

Basically the 2015 rewrite of "we will make Nigeria ungovernable".

abegii holdii ur mouthii....no b dis country una dey?PDP wil surely rig d election nd WE no go gree....core fact or else no more NIGERIA
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
see these evil people and their black thoughts..

how much change can one planning to form a parallel government provide

are they really concerned about the plights of average citizens or their own benefits they wish to get...

anyhow sha..I go dey my sch 10borders away they watch how ona go play this game of poliTRICKING reach

#NAIJAMATTERDUNTIREME sad
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Jilo83(m): 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
[quote author=gratiaeo post=29507539]THE LIST OF APC APOSTLES OF CHANGE
THE APC GUBERNATORIAL FLAG - BEARERS:
(1) SOKOTO - Aminu WaziriTambuwal (former PDP)
(2) KEBBI - Abubakar Atiku Bagudu(former PDP)
(3) KATSINA - Aminu Bello Masari(former PDP)
(4) KANO - Umar Abdullahi Ganduje (former PDP)
(5) KADUNA - Malam Nasir El-rufa'i(former PDP)
(6) JIGAWA - Alh. Abubakar Badaru(former PDP)
(7) BAUCHI - Barr. MuhammadAbubakar (former PDP)(cool GOMBE - Alh. Inuwa Yahya(former PDP)
(9) NIGER - Abubakar Bello Sani(former PDP)
(10) ADAMAWA - Umar JibrillaBindow (former PDP)
(11) PLATEAU - Mr Simon Lalong(former PDP)
(12) BENUE - Dr Samuel Ortom(former PDP)
(13) TARABA - Aisha JummaiAlhassan (former PDP)
(14) RIVERS - Dakuku Perterside(former PDP)
(15) IMO - Rochas Okorocha (former PDP)
(16) ENUGU - Okey Ezea (former PDP)
(17) ABIA - Dr Nyerere Anyim (former PDP)
(18) EBONYI - Dr Steve Egbo (former PDP)

NOTE ALSO THAT more than 60% of the State &
NAss Candi are pdp. PDP is finished.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by SeverusSnape(m): 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
Defcon1:

you are right.
problem is,how do you know whether the clear winner won fairly or had the election rigged in his favour
This's because any loser in the elections would automatically accuse the winner of rigging.
so no matter who comes out on top,there will be problem
It's inevitable.
Definitely, The parties shall surely rig. But one should be smarter in the rigging. It's something that has become a part of Nigerian politics, I just wish the best man wins.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
waternogeteneny:
Dat should not be a problem since Nigeria will be no more in 2015. One Gov for Yoruba and HAUSA. Buhari and Osinbajo

Another Gov for SS and SE, with GEJ as President and Peter Obi as vice. Full resource control no subsidy. grin

What happened in Rwanda ll be a child play compare to what would happened if SS and SE are under the same roof. Ijaw, Edo, Itsekirris and Igbos under d same government.................that wld be suicidal to say d least
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by WOCKHARDI(m): 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
At a time like this, with the US shunning our oil, with our foreign reserve evaporated, with Boko Haram abducting, maiming and slaughtering victims as they please, etc etc etc, one would expect this year's elections to have an illuminating effect, a winnowing moment.
You'd expect politicians to speak seriously about these crises, to proffer considered solutions, and to map roadways to a different, more hopeful future.
Instead, the politicians are strutting the length and breadth of the country in festive mode, their agbada more suited to inebriated excess than to work, their speech alternating between pompous self-inflation
and infantile denunciation of their opponents and threats of what will happen if they lose. May God save Nigeria from this crop of politicians.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by cuteoly(f): 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
I doubt if free and fair election can be achieved in every part of this country. For instance is Cross river state where pdp share money to villagers and on the day of election, they will ask the presiding officer to just hand over the ballot paper to about 2-3 people to do the thumb printing. That's what I witness then as a corper in 2011 election.
And the officer incharge will have to submit the ballot paper to avoid assault. And here in south east, people around here are more interested in voting based on religion rather than voting for the right candidate.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Gynacologist(m): 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
gratiaeo:
THE LIST OF APC APOSTLES OF CHANGE
THE APC GUBERNATORIAL FLAG - BEARERS:
(1) SOKOTO - Aminu WaziriTambuwal (former PDP)
(2) KEBBI - Abubakar Atiku Bagudu(former PDP)
(3) KATSINA - Aminu Bello Masari(former PDP)
(4) KANO - Umar Abdullahi Ganduje (former PDP)
(5) KADUNA - Malam Nasir El-rufa'i(former PDP)
(6) JIGAWA - Alh. Abubakar Badaru(former PDP)
(7) BAUCHI - Barr. MuhammadAbubakar (former PDP)(cool GOMBE - Alh. Inuwa Yahya(former PDP)
(9) NIGER - Abubakar Bello Sani(former PDP)
(10) ADAMAWA - Umar JibrillaBindow (former PDP)
(11) PLATEAU - Mr Simon Lalong(former PDP)
(12) BENUE - Dr Samuel Ortom(former PDP)
(13) TARABA - Aisha JummaiAlhassan (former PDP)
(14) RIVERS - Dakuku Perterside(former PDP)
(15) IMO - Rochas Okorocha (former PDP)
(16) ENUGU - Okey Ezea (former PDP)
(17) ABIA - Dr Nyerere Anyim (former PDP)
(18) EBONYI - Dr Steve Egbo (former PDP)

NOTE ALSO THAT more than 60% of the State &
National Assembly Candidates are also all former
PDP members!
Let me not also forget to state that AUDU OGBE,
APC's chieftain was a former Chairman of PDP
(2001-2005).
Do I also need to mention Atiku Abubakar?
Or Rotimi Ameachi who was a PDP Speaker of
Rivers state Assembly for 8 Years then Governor
for 7 years?
bro u just nailed it...me no d vote fo any baskat kom 2015... ol of dem na d same tin....nigeria go onli beta if God kom bck fo d second tym....useless pple...
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by ugojamali(m): 4:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
As much as we all don't want rigging in our elections I do not agree with APC. If the election is alleged to be rigged, there are proper civil channels to address the issue. True some may say that the courts often seem powerless against some powers that be but forming a parallel government would cause more harm than good. .

A parallel government will ultimately lead to chaos, anarchy, a possible military coup and a very probable civil war.

Our leaders should be very careful of their utterances as Nigeria is hanging on a thin thread. Our actions during and after the elections will ultimately decide our future as a United nation.
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by ugojamali(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
FolarinLondon:

What happened in Rwanda ll be a child play compare to what would happened if SS and SE are under the same roof. Ijaw, Edo, Itsekirris and Igbos under d same government.................that wld be suicidal to say d least

This post is laughable. Who would dare commit the genocide? The Igbo majority does not have time for violence unless provoked. The rest of the tribes are minority tribes who can't even unite amongst themselves to fight a common cause.

I simply see the minority tribes fighting themselves while the smarter Igbo tribe controls their resources. And if a few hardliners try to make the land ungovernable then the Igbo rulers will simply grant them amnesty and juicy contracts.

It's all simple maths. The few tough Ijaws and Itsekiris are more interested in their pockets than fighting the Igbos. So I ask again. .. Who will commit the genocide
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2015
Question is would Nigerian public accept a rigged election?

Do we have any faith that the courts would overturn the results of rigged presidential elections?

How would the public react if they feel they have been cheated?

In 2011 only Northern Nigeria were stone-cold certain that they were cheated, in 2015 what percentage of Nigeria would be certain that they have been cheated if elections are rigged? could it be as much as 85% ? 90%?

What effect would the collapsing economy (with both Naira and crude oil prices in free fall, serious hardship on the citizenry) have on how Nigeria reacts to feeling cheated?

What does a parallel govt really mean? Can such a government a government help to stablise and calm society where most people feel they have been cheated?

I only have questions. We may be entering un-chartered waters.

Let us ensure that there is free, fair and credible elections.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Why I Made Sure Saraki Became Senate President In 2015 – Atiku / EFCC Goes After Sule Lamido After Atiku's Jigawa Rally / Reno Omokri Shares 1983 Throwback Photo: My Nigerian Accent Opened Doors For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.