Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS (25356 Views)

How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda / Boko Haram Planned To Attack Whole Country – Jonathan / Reps To Probe Apc’s Alleged Hacking Of INEC Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by ritzytbabs(m): 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
callmenow:
You are wrong. your interlocutor knows more than you do. Hacking once again is not rocket science. It is gaining illegal access to another's computer records/details. You can do so by 419 means, like phishing or bribing a weak link at INEC. These people had the tools stated by Ms Ogar. SO are culpable. You are embarrassing yourself by asking another whether they know what hacking is.

Mind you its HACKING they were accused off not bribing or 419 with any INEC Official. Let's no derail from the subject matter here.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by mogentle(m): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
Hit like if u will vote 4 GEJ in febuary nd if u agree with
me that apc is all past criminal party! Is this the
change they are preaching, i am highly disappointed
by apc nd thief Buhari 4 dis kind of nonsense act.
Change indeed?
just 3 likes since 5:19pm, chaii, if you open shop, you no go sell. Onigbese.

3 Likes

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by Malik95(m): 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2015
callmenow:
This is another circular argument from a partisan APC coward. Show me yours, I will show you mine. Tell me, are from the north east of Nigeria by any chance. You are a shame to your tribe. whatever it is. Sharrappppp

What a fallacious person you are!. sorry to disappoint you, am not a supporter of either party and am a Yoruba guy and not from the north east as you might have wrongly guessed and I have never done anything to bring embarrassment to my tribe. let's face the fact, PDP has more criminals than APC. I know you a PDP supporter so I would leave it to you to find out who the real criminals are since you have decide not to mention people cos I remember saying you mention first
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by Malik95(m): 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
callmenow:
This is another circular argument from a partisan APC coward. Show me yours, I will show you mine. Tell me, are from the north east of Nigeria by any chance. You are a shame to your tribe. whatever it is. Sharrappppp

What a fallacious person you are!. sorry to disappoint you, am not a supporter of either party and am a Yoruba guy and not from the north east as you might have wrongly guessed and I have never done anything to bring embarrassment to my tribe. let's face the fact, PDP has more criminals than APC. I know you a PDP supporter so I would leave it to you to find out who the real criminals are since you have decide not to mention people cos I remember saying you mention first.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by babadee1(m): 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
DanielPop:
Honestly, i am putting my support for APC on hold today. The scandal is too much. First, threats of bloodshed, underage voting in the North, PVCs handed in bulk to village district heads, "no certificates to show INEC", Buhari is alleged to have collapsed today...and now this And the same OBJ we soundly condemned for massive corruption and 3rd term nonsense is now the moral compass for APC? I DON WAKE UP ABEG! ENOUGH!

APC na only una waka come??

Abeg, where dem dey enter Jonathan train please? Na honest question i ask o!

meanwhile, HIT LIKE, if you support my suspension of support for APC!

Na true say Buhari collapse?

You're a fake claimer. Get lost!

1 Like

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by robinsoncrosoe: 10:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
That useless,illiterate,bastard terrorist called buhari wants to rule by force
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by babadee1(m): 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
callmenow:
You are wrong. your interlocutor knows more than you do. Hacking once again is not rocket science. It is gaining illegal access to another's computer records/details. You can do so by 419 means, like phishing or bribing a weak link at INEC. These people had the tools stated by Ms Ogar. SO are culpable. You are embarrassing yourself by asking another whether they know what hacking is.

You must be joking. They are culpable because they had the tools with no evidence of guilt? It's nonsense thinking like this that makes them arrest innocent young people and accuse them of committing 419 just for carrying a laptop. The woman made an accusation, produced no evidence of guilt and you expect any right thinking Nigerian to believe her?
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by Ventura1: 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
DSS is needed on Nairaland to check multiple registration. Seun expect an invite soon.......lol
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by eluquenson(m): 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
PDP in the making, after several weeks of fabrications & deceit, they now sum it up with hacking & cloning, Nigeria needs a leadership change & it will come to pass.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by yetunsbay(m): 1:31am On Jan 08, 2015
funkiebully:
APC d evil boko haram party grooming terrorists and hackers.

THunder fire Tinubu and Buhari
as erudite i think u may be.U believe this planned action and reports. Ok...why nt raid other Political Parties too?
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by ayindejimmy(m): 3:25am On Jan 08, 2015
OLADD:

Good talk but remember I am not privy to how DSS or other law enforcement agents obtain confessionary staments from suspects. However I hope yours truly is not expecting suspects to spill their escapades without any semblance of torture. Be it as it may, all eyes are yearning to see the suspects whenever they are arrainged.
With regards to other details in my previous post, tne OP did not capture tne lenght and breath of Ogar's media presentation. Try other online sources for details.
As for alledged attempt by APC to inflate their membership data and infliterate INEC offline system, her conjesture seems to point to the direction of the party trying to grow membership database that match that of INEC in a bid to clone duplicate PVCs. As said earlier, try to scoup further details from different online sources.
The DSS have to give us something concrete to work with... Not just bugos lopsided assumptions. If APC is trying to infiltrate INEC's database in order to clone PVCs.. They should have beyond reasonable doubt proof like something incriminating. Something like already cloned PVCs. Pictures or telephone conversations To show how possible that is. Moreover, all these should be done undercover in conjunction wit INEC.
All they've just managed to show us is how desperate they are to please this pdp government. Everything she showed there can also be found in any other party with a database office. There is nothing illegal there. Is she telling us that having a knife makes you a criminal? Without showing evidence of one's intent or ability to plan and executive a crime?
It's illegal to obtain information from ANY suspect under duress anywhere in the world that was EXACTLY what I was insinuating. You don't need to torture a suspect. When you have overwhelming evidence a confessional statement is inconsequential. You just table your evidence and the court will decide. They're suspects not criminals. And anybody will talk rubbish under torture.
The people crave and are going to get this CHANGE no matter what colour pdp try to paint it. And we're ready to defend our votes this time around. They are busy harassing and intimidating apc... Who's doing same to pdp? Or are they telling pdp members are saints?
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by Onmason(m): 4:28am On Jan 08, 2015
The most interesting tin abt nigeria is the population of DAFT people and the ease wit which dey can b easily bamboozled! After so long, this incriminating revelation? Has anybody heared of 'planting incriminating evidence' before? What do you expect when a complainant doubles as the Judge? Why have those responsible not been arrested and prosecuted based on available evidence? Until this election takes place, from the look of things, I smell a plot to ensure it doesn't because despite the fact that Jona has disappointed me Physically, Mentally, Academically, Intellectually, Psychologically, Emotionally,Biologically, Logically, Zoologically, Politically, Administratively. Critically and otherwise, I know that he knows that he has already LOST the 2015 election!

1 Like

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by softwareman(m): 4:38am On Jan 08, 2015
callmenow:
Why did the APC 'goons' have incriminating evidence at their head quarters? Trying to scuttle our blood soaked and hard won democracy. Educating 'angelsing'. Hacking in this context is trying to gain illegal access to INEC MySQL database with no express permission. To run a bogus stored procedure on a quasi-government (Quango) website illegally. I am a forensic lawyer by profession. Those APC people who are supporting this illegality should be arrested for accessory after the fact. I forgive you for your ignorance. For the avoidance of doubt, anyone interfeing with any government website, whether in Nigeria, US or UK is an enemy of the people, and is thus a nitwit.

You sounded like an IT illiterate. So let me educate you.
1 inec database is oracle not mysql.
2. Two INEC database is not online and even if it is , like most oracle databases it virtually impossible to inject data to it from outside because of the several inbuilt security features.
3. There are hacking experts all over the world,, but why they attack and corrupt databases ( which are usually back up on a daily basis), you cannot inflate another organisation's database. Even if you do, they will only just RESTORE the back up in minutes.

THE STATEMENT OF OGAR SHOWS SHE IS A COMPLETE IT slowpoke. BUT WHAT WORRIES ME IS THAT EFFECTIVE INTELLIGENCE IS NOW VERY DEPENDENT ON GOOD IT KNOWLEDGE.

THIS EPISODE EXPOSES DSS OF BEING LIGHT YEARS BEHIND.

4 Likes

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by Akinsz: 6:47am On Jan 08, 2015
DSS is PDP... POLICE is PDP... ARMY is PDP... AIRFORCE is PDP... NAVY is PDP... CIVIL DEFENCE is PDP.........,... CUSTOM is PDP... IMMIGRATION is PDP... ROAD SAFETY is PDP... EFCC/ICPC is PDP... So don't be supprised when DSS is working for PDP.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by Bruteforce101: 6:51am On Jan 08, 2015
Too nany Aba made hackers in Nigeria. We have many of them here on nairaland as well. Lolzzzzzz. Hacking an offline database.

1 Like

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by jpphilips(m): 7:03am On Jan 08, 2015
donmarvex:

How about the SONY hack by N. Korea according to FBI, US.

Another product of Jonathan’s free roofless school, did you even understand what "offline" means?
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by OLADD: 8:11am On Jan 08, 2015
ayindejimmy:

The DSS have to give us something concrete to work with... Not just bugos lopsided assumptions. If APC is trying to infiltrate INEC's database in order to clone PVCs.. They should have beyond reasonable doubt proof like something incriminating. Something like already cloned PVCs. Pictures or telephone conversations To show how possible that is. Moreover, all these should be done undercover in conjunction wit INEC.
All they've just managed to show us is how desperate they are to please this pdp government. Everything she showed there can also be found in any other party with a database office. There is nothing illegal there. Is she telling us that having a knife makes you a criminal? Without showing evidence of one's intent or ability to plan and executive a crime?
It's illegal to obtain information from ANY suspect under duress anywhere in the world that was EXACTLY what I was insinuating. You don't need to torture a suspect. When you have overwhelming evidence a confessional statement is inconsequential. You just table your evidence and the court will decide. They're suspects not criminals. And anybody will talk rubbish under torture.
The people crave and are going to get this CHANGE no matter what colour pdp try to paint it. And we're ready to defend our votes this time around. They are busy harassing and intimidating apc... Who's doing same to pdp? Or are they telling pdp members are saints?

Do an analytical review of your post and search your conscience if prejudice was not brought to bear. You talked about the suspects confessing under duress, can you tell nairalanders what informed your assertion? I will advise you to look forward to when they are physically arraigned in court for close assessment of their physical and mental state.
You equally passed a bogous judgment on DSS by positing that nothing incriminating was found in APC office. What were the personnel doing with videos of hacking tutorials including how to infiltrate system password and database? Was that a mere coincidence? Was that office equally been used as IT lecture centre? I am not out to condemn APC on this issue but we must be liberal in our judgements and conclusions. Let's wait for the law to take its full course.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by ayindejimmy(m): 8:50am On Jan 08, 2015
OLADD:

Do an analytical review of your post and search your conscience if prejudice was not brought to bear. You talked about the suspects confessing under duress, can you tell nairalanders what informed your assertion? I will advise you to look forward to when they are physically arraigned in court for close assessment of their physical and mental state.
You equally passed a bogous judgment on DSS by positing that nothing incriminating was found in APC office. What were the personnel doing with videos of hacking tutorials including how to infiltrate system password and database? Was that a mere coincidence? Was that office equally been used as IT lecture centre? I am not out to condemn APC on this issue but we must be liberal in our judgements and conclusions. Let's wait for the law to take its full course.
What do you expect to find in a database.. Cutleries?
You are missing my point because of your prejudice insight to this issue. You made a claim that suspect wouldn't make statement or confess without torture in Nigeria. Yet you said you're not claiming the Dss torture them. So how did they confess?
APC had claimed those people were tortured but the Dss has never refuted such claim. So where do you Stand on this.
If the Dss had not been making lopsided partisan comments previously against apc I would have approached this matter in another direction. But this is the same Ogar that claimed whenever apc loses election there is a bomb blast but when they win... There isn't any. Such prejudicial comments are unworthy of someone that wants to be seen as non partisan.
So if APC needs hackers it's people watching tutorials they'll employ? We know the numbers of registered Voters in each state. Will apc now claim certain outrageous number voted for them. Let's be reasonable! The burden of proof lies on the Dss.
The point I don't want you to miss is... Why all this focus on apc? We have other political parties. Why is Dss intimidating only apc? Now, who will investigate pdp? Every parties offices should be raided and investigated too to create a level playing field. Fairness and equality is all we ask
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 08, 2015
jpphilips:

Another product of Jonathan’s free roofless school, did you even understand what "offline" means?

I only asked a question
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by ernieboy(m): 9:09am On Jan 08, 2015
The people runnng our security agencies esp dss are so dumb, no
wonder boko haram insurgents are running circles round them,
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by fpeter(f): 9:29am On Jan 08, 2015
BrAkingNews:
Hey beauty?

Hey Beast grin
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by naijacarz(m): 9:45am On Jan 08, 2015
softwareman:

2. Two INEC database is not online and even if it is , like most oracle databases it virtually impossible to inject data to it from outside because of the several inbuilt security features.
3. There are hacking experts all over the world,, but why they attack and corrupt databases ( which are usually back up on a daily basis), you cannot inflate another organisation's database. Even if you do, they will only just RESTORE the back up in minutes.

THE STATEMENT OF OGAR SHOWS SHE IS A COMPLETE IT slowpoke. BUT WHAT WORRIES ME IS THAT EFFECTIVE INTELLIGENCE IS NOW VERY DEPENDENT ON GOOD IT KNOWLEDGE.

1 Like

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by OLADD: 10:12am On Jan 08, 2015
[quote author=ayindejimmy post=29596574]
What do you expect to find in a database.. Cutleries?

My replies go thus;
1. Redirect the question on items likely to be found on a database centre to kingdergatten out there.
2. Didn't APC lie to Nigerians about PHOTOCHROMIC BALLOT PAPERS, a claim that turned out to be outright lie? How true were they on the torture story?
3. Why was APC registering underage members? Can we link it to the expo of the late corper who posted on his facebook page moments before he was killed that CPC officials forced him to accredit underage voters in the 2011 polls? Was BUHARI not the CPC candidate?
4. Ponder over those puzzles and make your premise. I rest my case here.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 10:55am On Jan 08, 2015
softwareman:

You are full of BS. I feel for your miseducation. My observation is trite. You are ignorant of the state of play. As long as INEC has a database, it will be hacked from any of their satellite offices. How does the satellite offices check on the veracity of voters records? I wonder the average intelligence of a Nairalander. Zero knowledge, maximum ignorance
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 11:08am On Jan 08, 2015
babadee1:

You must be joking. They are culpable because they had the tools with no evidence of guilt? It's nonsense thinking like this that makes them arrest innocent young people and accuse them of committing 419 just for carrying a laptop. The woman made an accusation, produced no evidence of guilt and you expect any right thinking Nigerian to believe her?

I am sure you have seen the exhibit
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by BrAkingNews: 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2015
fpeter:

Hey Beast grin
wow, that's how you address yourselves in your family. good to know.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by ayindejimmy(m): 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
author=OLADD post . Redirect the question on items likely to be found on a database centre to kingdergatten out there.
2. Didn't APC lie to Nigerians about PHOTOCHROMIC BALLOT PAPERS, a claim that turned out to be outright lie? How true were they on the torture story?
3. Why was APC registering underage voters? Can we link it to the expo of the late corper who posted on his facebook page moments before he was killed that CPC officials forced him to accredit underage voters in the 2011 polls? Was BUHARI not the CPC candidate?
4. Ponder over those puzzles and make your premise. I rest my case here.

1, Since you're justifying the Dss' action and I'm in conversation with you, I've chosen to direct the question at you.
2. Those people are out on bail and they themselves claimed to be tortured
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/dss-uses-torture-obtain-forced-confessions-arrested-apc-data-centre-workers-apc/

https://www.nairaland.com/2030004/dss-tortured-apc-data-centre/1

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-alleges-dss-tortured-data-centre-staff-to-lie/

3,This is where the Dss got it all wrong. Many people registered as apc members... Even those without voters card. Being an apc member doesn't mean you can vote. While registering members one was asked to produce two passport photographs. So anybody can come and register. APC may screen their eligible members later. They should have put apc under surveillance to see whether they'll issue voters card to members. Why the overzealous approach at discrediting apc 5 weeks to election? Don't you think it's fishy?
4, I've pondered on your hypothesis and I'm still baffled that the Dss has not refuted the allegation of torture even against a pregnant woman among those illegally arrested.
This election we come and go. We, as human must maintain our integrity and not be overwhelmed by ethnic or religious sentiments in expressing our views on pre-election irregularities.
Thank you for this warm friendly chat.

1 Like

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by ayindejimmy(m): 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
H
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by ddeola: 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
These pple should STOP chasing shadows instead, they should be packing their loots out of Aso villa before it's too late
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by gbabs64(m): 12:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
This is GEJ @ work, and he is fighting dirty cause its clear that the opposition is gaining good attention of the populace. Well, he will need to do better to change minds, but that would be a herculean task for him.

1 Like

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by fpeter(f): 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
BrAkingNews:
wow, that's how you address yourselves in your family. good to know.

#RIGHTBACKATYOU
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by olami234lekan(m): 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2015
[quote author=lookmangiw post=29576421][/quote]

I believe we are all intelligent, I want us to forget either APC or PDP and focus on Inec registration which stated years back. Now when Inec was capturing data that led to temporary voter's card I believe not all those data are in line with there set rules and regulation which happen to cause a situation whereby some people that have tvc before not getting there PVC when they are distributing them, this is what actually happen. 1. Multiple registration leading to cancellation of all. 2. Unavailability or acceptable quality of important data like fingerprints, passport and in-case of physically challenged individual image of abnormal hands 3. Insufficient number of registrant and so on.
Now all those data were collected and gathered for screening in which large number were not valid. If you now see all those invalid registration data in Inec office does it means Inec is carrying out illegal activity. So base on the evidence display by DSS APC have not committed any crime however if DSS provide any clone PVC and Inec was able to prove that it is not made by its organization then they have a case. And having a tutorial on how to hack database is not incriminating there might be a lot of reason why it is there. Lastly I believe DSS should devout more of its time and resources to helping our President find out the sponsors of Boko Haram in Aso Rock so that thousands of life being wasted by the so called Boko Haram can stop.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Support Organisation Moves To Shut Down Senate / Boko Haram Members Killed By Security Operatives After Ambush In Borno. Photos / Obasanjo Slams NOUN VC, Says I Offer Free Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.