Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

mODIFIED - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / mODIFIED (16750 Views)

mODIFIED / modified / mODIFIED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Have you people run out of lies? What proof have you got that he was buying tanks in the video?

He was never buying any tanks!! he attended military fair called British Army Equipment Exhibition... It is held in many countries. I don tire for these people and their lies, that is why I stop commenting here

http://www.emlra.org/index.php/vehicles/the-fc82

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL_3Qg-SADY

1 Like

Re: mODIFIED by Firefire(m): 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee:

the event was British Army Equipment Exhibition

Read here!

The Sandringham six had been launched in 1979 and was then adapted into the FC82. Its launch was at[b] the 1982 British Army Equipment Exhibition. [/b]

Happy New Year datolee,

How are you doing? Responding to the many lies of the APC coven members should be postponed till after buhari 4th weeping.

1 Like

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee:

the event was British Army Equipment Exhibition

Read here!

The Sandringham six had been launched in 1979 and was then adapted into the FC82. Its launch was at[b] the 1982 British Army Equipment Exhibition. [/b]
So Muhammadu Buhari went there to just watch? lol...

Anyway, let us face issue...
Who ended the dreaded Maitatsine in the 80s?

What success has the governemnt achieved in this fight against Boko Haram? You guys keep saying equipment but the Soldiers are crying of inadequate fire-power. Anyway, what is stopping the government to contain Boko Haram that raised their head in September 2010 and has killed over 20000?
Re: mODIFIED by Eziachi: 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:

"Do you want to go to jail?"- Akpabio, Akwa Ibom State Governor
I don't blame you Nwunnem. grin grin grin
Who wants to go to jail?
You must have been on Skype with James Ibori and the report card weren't great.
Not when you spent almost half a billion dollar building a stadium for Akwa Ibom of all places without even an Enyimba, Rangers or Shooting Stars of this world to at least make it useful every other weekend.
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
Aigipan:
He lied.

GMB bought weapons!

Please, help me with that link
Re: mODIFIED by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:
We had Maitatsine crisis in the 80s, who ended the menace?

What is the difference between Maitetsine and Boko-Haram? What is stopping Jonathan? The same Boko Haram that was contained by a Team of Mobile Policemen and Military personnel within few days and arrested their leader in July 2009. Only for them to raise the ugly head in September 2010 under the leadership of the Clueless-in-Chief

Discuss the issue at hand. Your lie just got busted grin grin

3 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by ibrahym47(m): 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
payneleex:
if u are educated and u watched that GEJ's speech yet, u still have things to say in support of GEJ...well, burn ur certificate! such a waste!
Mr e-rat, I bet u didn't watch d speech, a PhD holder indeed.
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Discuss the issue at hand. Your lie just got busted grin grin
What lie got busted? I gave you a video of GMB purchasing weapons. Someone supplied another article too. Anyway, that is non issue. Lets move over to RESULT!

How far with our terrorism fight under Jonathan? Should we compare his Military success with those of his Predecessors? Yar adua? Obasanjo? IBB? or Buhari?
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:

What success has the governemnt achieved in this fight against Boko Haram? You guys keep saying equipment but the Soldiers are crying of inadequate fire-power. Anyway, what is stopping the government to contain Boko Haram that raised their head in September 2010 and has killed over 20000?

You can go to fair without buying anything!! to say that he was buying tank in the video is playing on our intelligence. Boko Haram started in 2010, yes.. but the Nigerian army is not well equipped. This is a case of equipping the army and at the same time fighting war! It take a long time with too much investment, go and check how much other countries who are not even in war are spending on their army every year and compare it with Nigeria.

The decline in the military has been there, it will take much long time to fix, not even talking when doing it and executing a war at the same time. The government is doing it's best to equip the army, they are buying equipments which has not been easy.. the South Africa wahala, the USA and now the Saudis

2 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
Eziachi:

I don't blame you Nwunnem. grin grin grin
Who wants to go to jail?
You must have been on Skype with James Ibori and the report card weren't great.
Not when you spent almost half a billion dollar building a stadium for Akwa Ibom of all places without even an Enyimba, Rangers or Shooting Stars of this world to at least make it useful every other weekend.
I am sure Ibori's case will be better than his, because his own jail won't be in London but KIRIKIRI
Re: mODIFIED by johnie: 5:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
FastShipping:
Jonathan claimed today on television that Buhari did not buy any weapon for the military. Well, records don't lie.

Here is a video of Buhari buying weapons for Nigerian Military in UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQuvrOFV8b4

The title of the video says 1982.

Shagari was president then not Buhari!

BTW, how do we know he was actually buying?

What if he was attending a trade show?

1 Like

Re: mODIFIED by mrmetoo1: 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2015
Please guys go on Channels TV and watch an issued based campaign not the shouting all over the place.

We need more town hall settings not these rallies that don't achieve anything and this to both parties.

1 Like

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:

When people give example of Maitatsine in the 1980's, the simple question will be, how equiped where they compared to the boko harams of today? You must know that the terrorism has taken a new dimension in this century.. they are trained, they have connections, they have money! You will ask yourself, after raiding the towm of Udi, did that stop MEND and other in the Niger delta? With USA and their other allies, have they stopped the Taliban and their likes?

Terrorism of now cannot be compared with Maitatsine.. what we need is total coporation of all Nigerians across parties. I will say, in terms of the fight against Boko haram, the FG has done badly in taking every Nigerians along when they started accusing the opposition of sponsoring Boko haram but to compare boko haram and Maitatsine is out of the question

4 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee:

[s]You can go to fair without buying anything!! to say that he was buying tank in the video is playing on our intelligence. Boko Haram started in 2010, yes.. but the Nigerian army is not well equipped. This is a case of equipping the army and at the same time fighting war! It take a long time with too much investment, go and check how much other countries who are not even in war are spending on their army every year and compare it with Nigeria.

The decline in the military has been there, it will take much long time to fix, not even talking when doing it and executing a war at the same time. The government is doing it's best to equip the army, they are buying equipments which has not been easy.. the South Africa wahala, the USA and now the Saudis[/s]
Spare me your epistle or I will quit this conversation with you.

What has been achieved in the anti-terrorism fight?

Muhammadu Buhari was GOC when he chased intruding Chadians even went beyond his jurisdiction.

Muhammadu Buhari inherited the Maitetsine insurgency that raised head under Shagari. Shagari did his bit, agreed. When Buhari came on board, he ended those bastards lives. some of them even fled out of the country.

In 1985 when the Babangida regime took over, a small group of bastards loyal to maitetsine raised their heads again. IBB CRUSHED them immediately. The record is there.

During Obj's regime, some group of bastards raised up to declare support for the talibans and started trouble in Yobe state. President Obasanjo crushed them within TWO weeks.

In July 2009, Yusuf led Boko Haram launched there first attack on government formation in Maiduguri. Umari Yaradua crushed them within days. Yusuf was captured, Shekau ran away wounded.

In September 2010, Boko Haram raised their ugly head again and since them, they have been capturing towns and over 20,000 Nigerians killed. Jonathan couldn't do nothing. A record 64 attacks have been carried out... The Military men are even scared themselves. What Positives have been achieved?

October 1st bombing of 2010, what did Jonathan do? Did he tell the Security Agencies to investigate? or he exornerated MEND and accused his PDP northern rivals?

Let's start from here...

9 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by omenka(m): 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
mrofficial:

So what should be done to corrupt people? Continue to mingle with them as he has been doing?

It is said that, birds of a feather flock together.
Create a "hall of shame" for them according to Mr "stealing is not corruption".
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
omenka:
Create a "hall of shame" for them according to Mr "stealing is not corruption".
Maybe we should start compiling names
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:
Spare me your epistle or I will quit this conversation with you.

What has been achieved in the anti-terrorism fight?

Muhammadu Buhari was GOC when he chased intruding Chadians even went beyond his jurisdiction.

Muhammadu Buhari inherited the Maitetsine insurgency that raised head under Shagari. Shagari did his bit, agreed. When Buhari came on board, he ended those bastards lives. some of them even fled out of the country.

In 1985 when the Babangida regime took over, a small group of bastards loyal to maitetsine raised their heads again. IBB CRUSHED them immediately. The record is there.

During Obj's regime, some group of bastards raised up to declare support for the talibans and started trouble in Yobe state. President Obasanjo crushed them within TWO weeks.

In July 2009, Yusuf led Boko Haram launched there first attack on government formation in Maiduguri. Umari Yaradua crushed them within days. Yusuf was captured, Shekau ran away wounded.

In September 2010, Boko Haram raised their ugly head again and since them, they have been capturing towns and over 20,000 Nigerians killed. Jonathan couldn't do nothing. A record 64 attacks have been carried out... The Military men are even scared themselves. What Positives have been achieved?

Let's start from here...

You just don't get it and you never get it...A very simple question to you, are you comparing the capability of Boko haram of today with maitetsine? If OBJ crushed the so called small group in 2 weeks, why didn't he achieve such success with the Niger Delta militants until he left office?

How deadly and equipped was Mohammed Yusuf's boko haram? We are fighting war, not some demonstrators and if you think that Buhari will win this war with the current equipment in the army, then goodluck.. I'm out

3 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
GEJ: Is our army weak?

Crowd: NO!!

GEJ: If they are weak,its because they don't have weapons. During their time,they did not buy one rifle,not even one!!

Mr. President.So what happened to all the money budgeted for weapons?
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
Firefire:

Happy New Year datolee,

How are you doing? Responding to the many lies of the APC coven members should be postponed till after buhari 4th weeping.

Happy new year to you too bros... their lies is getting too much everyday. the worst was when i listening to the interview of Prof Osibanjo on channels where he repeated the already busted lies that Buhari first daughter is married to a christian... As an upright man, Buhari should start putting the record straight and not be benefit of these lies and deceit!

2 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by gists: 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee:

You can go to fair without buying anything!! to say that he was buying tank in the video is playing on our intelligence. Boko Haram started in 2010, yes.. but the Nigerian army is not well equipped. This is a case of equipping the army and at the same time fighting war! It take a long time with too much investment, go and check how much other countries who are not even in war are spending on their army every year and compare it with Nigeria.

The decline in the military has been there, it will take much long time to fix, not even talking when doing it and executing a war at the same time. The government is doing it's best to equip the army, they are buying equipments which has not been easy.. the South Africa wahala, the USA and now the Saudis

This is the kind of comments that pisses me off and makes me reply even when I just want to observe. Granted the military has been neglected for many years. But gej has been in power for almost six years. Hasn't there been budget for the military for those years? I recall about 4 yrs ago when the defence budget was about 1/4th of the entire country. While I don't expect the nigerian army to rank among the best in the world, but to see our military (especially army and airforce) humiliated again and again by a group of terrorist with population less than 10,000 is just shameful to say the least. Granted the military has been neglected for years, but do you mind telling us what has been happening to the yearly budget for the military since 2010 when gej came to power?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
berem:
GEJ: Is our army weak?

Crowd: NO!!

GEJ: If they are weak,its because they don't have weapons. During their time,they did not buy one rifle,not even one!!

Mr. President.So what happened to all the money budgeted for weapons?
And Soldiers in the NE keep crying that they are not better armed
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
Redoil:
Consolation thread.
Whever APC cyber rats realks of failure they will quickly go and open consolation thread to console their jan.jaweed nature.
What a pathetic people.
Omenka obiagelli and berem ur attention is needed here
APC believes so much in consolation.

i can't stop laughing.

\\\\\teamFAILBUHARI/////
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
gists:

This is the kind of comments that pisses me off and makes me reply even when I just want to observe. Granted the military has been neglected for many years. But gej has been in power for almost six years. Hasn't there been budget for the military for those years? I recall about 4 yrs ago when the defence budget was about 1/4th of the entire country. While I don't expect the nigerian army to rank among the best in the world, but to see our military (especially army and airforce) humiliated again and again by a group of terrorist with population less than 10,000 is just shameful to say the least. Granted the military has been neglected for years, but do you mind telling us what has been happening to the yearly budget for the military since [size=14pt]2010[/size] when gej came to power?
Honestly, I had to stop responding to him.
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:
And Soldiers in the NE keep crying of poorly armed
seriously,I didn't hear that part well until Channels TV repeated it.

So because Buhari allegedly did not buy weapons when he was head of state(I don't know what he needed it for at that time btw),Jonathan has failed to buy weapons to fight boko haram?
I don't understand o!
Re: mODIFIED by gists: 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
@barca,
Thanks for the fix
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
gists:

This is the kind of comments that pisses me off and makes me reply even when I just want to observe. Granted the military has been neglected for many years. But gej has been in power for almost six years. Hasn't there been budget for the military for those years? I recall about 4 yrs ago when the defence budget was about 1/4th of the entire country. While I don't expect the nigerian army to rank among the best in the world, but to see our military (especially army and airforce) humiliated again and again by a group of terrorist with population less than 10,000 is just shameful to say the least. Granted the military has been neglected for years, but do you mind telling us what has been happening to the yearly budget for the military since 2011 when gej came to power?

It is easy to say that 1/4 of the budget was for the military, but how much is it really? how many equipment can it buy in the world market? I must say that even GEJ administration was very slow in equipping the army for this fight against terrorism. So if believe that the army has been neglected for so long with obsolete equipment, do you think that the Nigeria of today has the money to fully equip and train it's soldiers in 4 years to the standard it suppose to be? this things are done in phases.

I remember when the FG requested for loan of $1b to buy equipment, most people were against... will this war be fought with bare hands?

1 Like

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
berem:
seriously,I didn't hear that part well until Channels TV repeated it.

So because Buhari allegedly did not buy weapons when he was head of state(I don't know what he needed it for at that time btw),Jonathan has failed to buy weapons to fight boko haram?
I don't understand o!
Who achieved more between the Man that crushed a terrorit sect within few months and a man that "allegedly" spent trillions on ammunitions without finding solution to tackle a rag tag group for 4 years? Mind you over 20,000 Nigerian lives have been cut short.

I am watching the APC Edo Town Hall Meeting... Fashola is finishing Jonathan...

He said "Jonathan spent almost one hour blaming everybody and past leaders, forgeting that he has been there for 5 years". He went further to say, Jonathan couldn't tell anybody any tangible thing he has done, but whinning. He then said "If the kitchen is too hot why not get out"? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: mODIFIED by Firefire(m): 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee:

Happy new year to you too bros... their lies is getting too much everyday. the worst was when i listening to the interview of Prof Osibanjo on channels where he repeated the already busted lies that Buhari first daughter is married to a christian... As an upright man, Buhari should start putting the record straight and not be benefit of these lies and deceit!

God hate Liars.

APC Members here will face God one day with their many lies and propaganda to support evil angry
Re: mODIFIED by ChinemeOkpan: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee:

You just don't get it and you never get it...A very simple question to you, are you comparing the capability of Boko haram of today with maitetsine? If OBJ crushed the so called small group in 2 weeks, why didn't he achieve such success with the Niger Delta militants until he left office?

How deadly and equipped was Mohammed Yusuf's boko haram? We are fighting war, not some demonstrators and if you think that Buhari will win this war with the current equipment in the army, then goodluck.. I'm out

You are talking a lot of bloody nonsense. Total Bullshi.IT

We are not engaging in a comparative analysis here, there is no way we can determine the capability of Boko haram compared to Matesine- two different groups , two different eras.

A leader solves problems he faces . Gen. Buhari faced terrorism in Nigeria and eradicated it, GEJ has faced similar issues and he has failed woefully. This president has not even had the courage or decency to visit the war zone in the country.

Secondly, if we go by your illiterate analogy, can we also compare the capability of the Nigerian Army in 1982 to 2008-2015? Surely, they have far more sophisticated military ammunition and machinery? Especially if we go by the ever increasing Defense budget allocation.

The summary is that when comparing GEJ and GMB, on the one hand, we have an effective and decisive leader who faced challenges head on and on the other hand we have a lily livered waste of space who does not give a damn if Nigerian lives are lost with impunity. It is now normal to read of thousands dying on a daily basis in Nigeria and no one is being held accountable.

In saner countries, GEJ would tendered his resignation a few years ago. FACT!!

7 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

You are talking a lot of bloody nonsense. Total Bullshi.IT

We are not engaging in a comparative analysis here, there is no way we can determine the capability of Boko haram compared to Matesine- two different groups , two different eras.

A leader solves problems he faces . Gen. Buhari faced terrorism in Nigeria and eradicated it, GEJ has faced similar issues and he has failed woefully. This president has not even had the courage or decency to visit the war zone in the country.

Secondly, if we go by your illiterate analogy, can we also compare the capability of the Nigerian Army in 1982 to 2008-2015? Surely, they have far more sophisticated military ammunition and machinery? Especially if we go by the ever increasing Defense budget allocation.

The summary is that when comparing GEJ and GMB, on the one hand, we have a effective and decisive leader who faced challenges head on and on the other hand we have a lily livered waste of space who does not give a damn if Nigerian lives are lost with impunity. It is now normal to read of thousands dying on a daily basis in Nigeria and no one is being held accountable.

In saner countries, GEJ would tendered his resignation a few years ago. FACT!!
My brother abeg see us o. Imagine the "intellectual" telling us hoolabaloo..
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:
Who achieved more between the Man that crushed a terrorit sect within few months and a man that "allegedly" spent trillions on ammunitions without finding solution to tackle a rag tag group for 4 years? Mind you over 20,000 Nigerian lives have been cut short.

He said "Jonathan spent almost one hour blaming everybody and past leaders, forgeting that he has been there for 5 years". He went further to say, Jonathan couldn't tell anybody any tangible thing he has done, but whinning. He then said "If the kitchen is too hot why not get out"? cheesy cheesy
hehehehehe!! Am watching it now. I trust Fashola na.

grin grin
Re: mODIFIED by gists: 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:

meanwhile, I heard that the inflation rate of the eurozone is at 5-year LOW due to the fall in energy price. Talk about trickling down effect of oil on other sectors. While we still buy petrol for N97 - Someone said he bought in PH for N105

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: Ibikunle Amosun Sworn-in For 2nd Term As Governor Of Ogun / Oshiomhole: Obasanjo And Atiku Will Be 'Divinely Punished' In 2019 / INEC Budgets N1.9bn To Defend Buhari, Others’ Mandate In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.