Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

mODIFIED - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / mODIFIED (16754 Views)

mODIFIED / modified / mODIFIED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
Bruteforce101:

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. Chisos christ. Tomakunt the p.us.sy chaser. Bros, You are wicked.

2 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by ayukdaboss(m): 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee:

When people give example of Maitatsine in the 1980's, the simple question will be, how equiped where they compared to the boko harams of today? You must know that the terrorism has taken a new dimension in this century
When comparing the level of weaponry possessed by the Maitatsine group in the 1980's to that possessed by Bokoharam now, you must also compare the weaponry available to the Nigerian Army then to the weaponry available now, you must also compare the amount of funds channeled to the Military then and the amount of funds channeled to the Military now and how many percent was actually invested in the Military in the two eras.

Your argument is going to be seriously biased if you compare the entities causing terror without comparing the entities responsible for fighting terror in both eras.
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Go and shove your patronizing post where the sun dont shine.

When they loose an argument, they start garbling. Maitatsine and Boko Haram are both security challenges that the country has faced. GMB was able to quell the former before it could transform into the monster that constitutes Boko Haram today.

That is what intelligent leaders do, they nip it in the bud earlier on to avoid future calamities like Nigeria is experiencing, and it does not always have to be through military force but other instruments such as dialogue and diplomacy could have been employed. What did your dunderhead of a President do? NOTHING!- Just Hot air everyday. Continuous lies to the Nigerian populace about the security situation in the country.

Secondly, how convenient for you to compare the Boko Haram situation to Iraq and Afghanistan. Ridiculous! America is fighting a war in countries thousands of miles away from their country which involves huge logistical resources from their bases in Europe and Asia. Boko Haram is a group of unorganised illiterates that have grown in confidence due to the failures of this Government. They are based in Nigeria and maybe in the borders with neighboring countries, they kidnapped over 200 girls and till today, not one of them has been rescued.

Can you stop misinforming NLAnders.

So what is the different between Boko haram and situation in Iraq and Afghanistan? Didn't Obama say he will end it, has it ended? When America invaded Afghanistan, did they foresee what is happening now?.. Pakistan is more advanced than Nigeria in terms of military capability, still they have not contained terrorism in their country.

When Yusuf was captioned by the army, that was when they could have explored the possibility of negotiation, unfortunately, he was killed and it wasn't under GEJ. Even your VP agree that the issue of Boko haram is something that is extraodinary, comparing them with a group who fought with mainly bows and arrows, daggers and den-gun (more of a riot) to a group with sophisticated weaponry shows how literate you are.

OBJ invaded both Odi, how did that stop the militants? with the JTF and other in the Niger delta, did OBJ stop the militants?... but after the inversion of Zaki Ibiam, nothing more was heard from the protesting Tivs.

Terrorists have advanced and while other countries are upgrading their military over the years, we were dormant and you want the army to wake up over night and flush out terrorist?

3 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
ayukdaboss:

When comparing the level of weaponry possessed by the Maitatsine group in the 1980's to that possessed by Bokoharam now, you must also compare the weaponry available to the Nigerian Army then to the weaponry available now, you must also compare the amount of funds channeled to the Military then and the amount of funds channeled to the Military now and how many percent was actually invested in the Military in the two eras.

Your argument is going to be seriously biased if you compare the entities causing terror without comparing the entities responsible for fighting terror in both eras.

My point is that, while the terrorists has upgraded their arrays of weapon and training, the Nigeria military has upgraded to the same standard it needed to combat these type of events.

Before this Boko haram issue, do Nigeria army know what is war against terror? how to gather intelligence on terrorists.. this is not a conventional warefare they are used to in ECOMOG and others, this is another dimension.

So what i'm saying is that we have failed to equip the army over the years and it is telling now, our military need total over-hauling..which is difficult to do while facing a war, you cannot tell boko haram to wait while you get ready.

Example that the Nigerian army didn't know anything about terrorim was their handling of Yusuf when he was caught.

2 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
I can't stop laughing at these statements

"Maitatsine were not terroritsts, they were rioters"- Datolee 2015 cheesy cheesy cheesy

"Boko Haram are freedom fighters"- PDP exChairman 2012

"Boko Haram are my siblings"- Dr. Goodluck Jonathan

"The same way that PDP has governed other states is the same way I will govern Lagos State"--- PDP Lagos Candidate Mr. Jimi Agbaje

2 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by ayukdaboss(m): 7:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:
Abeg shey you understand am?
He mean that "If you are a graduate and you listened to GEJ's speech today, and you still have words of support for him...You should burn your certificates" grin grin
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
ayukdaboss:

He mean that "If you are a graduate and you listened to GEJ's speech today, and you still have words of support for him...You should burn your certificates" grin grin
I think his Teachers deserve to be jailed
Re: mODIFIED by mrmetoo1: 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:

"Maitatsine were not terroritsts, they were rioters"- Datolee 2015 cheesy cheesy cheesy

"The same way that PDP has governed other states is the same way I will govern Lagos State"--- PDP Lagos Candidate Mr. Jimi Agbaje

Its still hard for me to believe Agbaje actually said this. This man needs to keep talking, he's making the job to defeat him easier by the day. First one was Nigeria will not produce oil if GEJ is not re-elected and now its that he'll govern Lagos like PDP stated. God forbid!!!
Re: mODIFIED by adetboy: 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2015
Brimmie:
Ah! shocked Bad Market!!

"The same way that PDP has governed other States is the same way I will govern Lagos State"
-Mr. Jimi Agbaje

Please, Lagosians should not allow this Errand Boy to turn Lagos to Abia o!

Real bad market I tell you!
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:

hahahahaha!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:

The events of Maitatsine were usually refereed to as "Maitatsine riots" ,.. there is a reason MEND are called militants and Boko haram terrorist... although by broad definition of terror, they are all act of terror against the country

3 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by ayukdaboss(m): 7:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee:

My point is that, while the terrorists has upgraded their arrays of weapon and training, the Nigeria military has upgraded to the same standard it needed to combat these type of events.

Before this Boko haram issue, do Nigeria army know what is war against terror? how to gather intelligence on terrorists.. this is not a conventional warefare they are used to in ECOMOG and others, this is another dimension.

So what i'm saying is that we have failed to equip the army over the years and it is telling now, our military need total over-hauling..which is difficult to do while facing a war, you cannot tell boko haram to wait while you get ready.

Example that the Nigerian army didn't know anything about terrorim was their handling of Yusuf when he was caught.
Maitatsine group was completely annihilated during Buhari's regime. He faced it using the resources he had at that time. Why can't Jonathan use the resources he has now to end Bokoharm? Aren't they enough as compared to Buhari's regime?

@bolded: Who is now responsible for not equipping our Military with weapons in Jonathan's regime? Buhari? Obasanjo? Shagari? IBB? These men I've mentioned have faced terrorism before at their own level and they won. Do you know that Jonathan's regime has the largest Military Budget when compared to all past leaders in Nigeria? Jonathan has also borrowed the highest amount of money as supplement to the Military budget compared to all other past leaders.

* Bokoharam has advanced in their weaponry as well as the Nigerian Army
* The Military budget has increased tremendously in Jonathan's regime more than all past regimes.
* The former past leaders faced terrorism and won.

With this level playing field now, WHY HAS JONATHAN NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIGHT BOKOHARAM

1 Like

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Its still hard for me to believe Agbaje actually said this. This man needs to keep talking, he's making the job to defeat him easier by the day. First one was Nigeria will not produce oil if GEJ is not re-elected and now its that he'll govern Lagos like PDP stated. God forbid!!!

You should have listened to him. The dolt started listing mediocre PDP controlled states that he wants Lagos to be like.
Re: mODIFIED by Scatterboss(m): 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:

I just dey laugh the guy. The more you try to defend the clueless Jona, the more you sound foolish. Smh

2 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by ayukdaboss(m): 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee give it up...GEJ's speech today was really an embarrassment. He threw caution to the wind and engaged in complete "issue-less" based campaign. He spent all of his time telling Nigerians why they should not vote for Buhari instead of telling Nigerians why they should vote for him.

He spent all his time comparing Buhari's government with his, what kind of shameful act is that? What a big flop. I wonder who gave him that idea.

1 Like

Re: mODIFIED by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee:

You have no point. How come with sophisticated weapons, infrared and intelligence that are enjoyed today Boko Haram cannot be defeated?
Re: mODIFIED by gabriel212: 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:
Abeg me sef no fit laugh o. Agbaje wants to make Lagos to "perform" like all the PDP states cheesy cheesy cheesy

Guy I initially thought you were exaggerating earlier until I watched the campaign on channels news. I belief the station purposely shown the lengthy speech to exposed how disgusting gej is to the public. sincerely I wept while watching it

1 Like

Re: mODIFIED by ChinemeOkpan: 7:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee:

So what is the different between Boko haram and situation in Iraq and Afghanistan? Didn't Obama say he will end it, has it ended? When America invaded Afghanistan, did they foresee what is happening now?.. Pakistan is more advanced than Nigeria in terms of military capability, still they have not contained terrorism in their country.

When Yusuf was captioned by the army, that was when they could have explored the possibility of negotiation, unfortunately, he was killed and it wasn't under GEJ. Even your VP agree that the issue of Boko haram is something that is extraodinary, comparing them with a group who fought with mainly bows and arrows, daggers and den-gun (more of a riot) to a group with sophisticated weaponry shows how literate you are.

OBJ invaded both Odi, how did that stop the militants? with the JTF and other in the Niger delta, did OBJ stop the militants?... but after the inversion of Zaki Ibiam, nothing more was heard from the protesting Tivs.

Terrorists have advanced and while other countries are upgrading their military over the years, we were dormant and you want the army to wake up over night and flush out terrorist?

Phew..Only if you could coherently articulate your points.

Firstly, like I said to you earlier and I am surprised this is not registering with you, You can not compare Boko Haram to the wars in Afghanistan/Iraq- it is like comparing apples and oranges. You cannot continue to make like-for-like comparisons with other countries when the situations are fundamentally dissimilar.

Secondly, I also mentioned that military force is not the only solution that can be employed in ending an insurgency. The late Yaradua successfully mitigated the Niger Delta violence by using diplomatic solutions. The Americans successfully negotiated with Taliban in Afghanistan by dialogue. My argument is that GEJ has had six (6) years to use several methods to end this security issue and he has failed. He has used schoolboy methods to confront the issue and this rightly indicates that this man was totally unprepared for office.

Thirdly, consistently making erroneous statements does not mean that they are true. Whilst it may be true that the Nigerian defense forces might not have the skills to deal with terrorism, you cannot continue to state that they do not have the wherewithal to adequately tackle the problem i.e. funding, intelligence etc.
Nigeria has been facing problems with terrorism for over 20 years now, what lessons have been learnt? What strategies have they formulated to solve the problem? GEJ relies on God and luck to solve a problem that is gradually becoming a cancer and eating up the country.

Lastly, what you are using as excuses and explanations for the army's under-performance is in fact an indictment on the Jonathan administration. You mentioned the lack of adequate financing- are you for real? What monitoring policies are in place to ensure that the monies allocated to the military is judiciously utilized? If they have misappropriated, has anyone being tried and or prosecuted?

The problem of Boko Haram in Nigeria is not a military problem but a leadership issue. Boko Haram knows that the leadership of Nigeria is weak and this emboldens them. What Nigeria needs is a strong leader who can make decisions and lead by examples and not a ditherer who cannot even summon the courage to go to areas in the North that have suffered devastation.

9 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
ayukdaboss:

Maitatsine group was completely annihilated during Buhari's regime. He faced it using the resources he had at that time. Why can't Jonathan use the resources he has now to end Bokoharm? Aren't they enough as compared to Buhari's regime?

@bolded: Who is now responsible for not equipping our Military with weapons in Jonathan's regime? Buhari? Obasanjo? Shagari? IBB? These men I've mentioned have faced terrorism before at their own level and they won. Do you know that Jonathan's regime has the largest Military Budget when compared to all past leaders in Nigeria? Jonathan has also borrowed the highest amount of money as supplement to the Military budget compared to all other past leaders.

* Bokoharam has advanced in their weaponry as well as the Nigerian Army
* The Military budget has increased tremendously in Jonathan's regime more than all past regimes.
* The former past leaders faced terrorism and won.

With this level playing field now, WHY HAS JONATHAN NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIGHT BOKOHARAM

Like I said previously, I believe that GEJ started very late in equipping the army, but to say that the total overhaul of the Nigerian military can or could have been achieved in 4 years is totally untrue, like I said before, compare the amount of money we have spent on military equipment with other countries, if we have to buy all the equipment at one go, maybe we should stop funding other sectors of the economy. Funding of the army should have been continuous, and I bet, if not for this Boko haram issue, GEJ would have continued the same pattern of neglecting the military. Isn't a shame that Nigeria Navy was happy to take delivery of old and outdated American ship.

Note that GEJ inherited the issue of Boko haram, and you don't tell boko haram to hold peace while you equip the army!

Just like the power sector, if other past leaders has done their bit, we wouldn't have been in this situation now where we expect to use magic wand and get the electricity we needed.. Even Prof Osinbajo said in his interview, to get the power to where it should be, the APC will need a 10 years of continuous funding. There are things that don't happen overnight

1 Like

Re: mODIFIED by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Jimi Agbaje is suffering from buccal diarrhoea.
Re: mODIFIED by ayukdaboss(m): 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee:

Like I said previously, I believe that GEJ started very late in equipping the army, but to say that the total overhaul of the Nigerian military can or could have been achieved in 4 years is totally untrue, like I said before, compare the amount of money we have spent on military equipment with other countries, if we have to buy all the equipment at one go, maybe we should stop funding other sectors of the economy. Funding of the army should have been continuous, and I bet, if not for this Boko haram issue, GEJ would have continued the same pattern of neglecting the military. Isn't a shame that Nigeria Navy was happy to take delivery of old and outdated American ship.

Note that GEJ inherited the issue of Boko haram, and you don't tell boko haram to hold peace while you equip the army!

Just like the power sector, if other past leaders has done their bit, we wouldn't have been in this situation now where we expect to use magic wand and get the electricity we needed.. Even Prof Osinbajo said in his interview, to get the power to where it should be, the APC will need a 10 years of continuous funding. There are things that don't happen overnight

With this level playing field, How were the other leaders now able to defeat the various terrorist groups they faced?
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:
You should have listened to him. The dolt started listing mediocre PDP controlled states that he wants Lagos to be like.
I wonder what Agbaje is high on these days. He's one of the few TANoids I still had an iota of respect for, but now, everything is lost.

I think PDP should simply padlock Agbaje's mouth if they want to win Lagos. That man is gradually taking after their mentor, Doyin Okupe. Very soon, he will say something as stupid as ' JonaTAN brough BRT buses to Lagos State.'
Ayamlaykorn
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Phew..Only if you could coherently articulate your points.

Firstly, like I said to you earlier and I am surprised this is not registering with you, You can not compare Boko Haram to the wars in Afghanistan/Iraq- it is like comparing apples and oranges. You cannot continue to make like-for-like comparisons with other countries when the situations are fundamentally dissimilar.

Secondly, I also mentioned that military force is not the only solution that can be employed in ending an insurgency. The late Yaradua successfully mitigated the Niger Delta violence by using diplomatic solutions. The Americans successfully negotiated with Taliban in Afghanistan by dialogue. My argument is that GEJ has had six (6) years to use several methods to end this security issue and he has failed. He has used schoolboy methods to confront the issue and this rightly indicates that this man was totally unprepared for office.

Thirdly, consistently making erroneous statements does not mean that they are true. Whilst it may be true that the Nigerian defense forces might not have the skills to deal with terrorism, you cannot continue to state that they do not have the wherewithal to adequately tackle the problem i.e. funding, intelligence etc.
Nigeria has been facing problems with terrorism for over 20 years now, what lessons have been learnt? What strategies have they formulated to solve the problem? GEJ relies on God and luck to solve a problem that is gradually becoming a cancer and eating up the country.

Lastly, what you are using as excuses and explanations for the army's under-performance is in fact an indictment on the Jonathan administration. You mentioned the lack of adequate financing- are you for real? What monitoring policies are in place to ensure that the monies allocated to the military is judiciously utilized? If they have misappropriated, has anyone being tried and or prosecuted?

The problem of Boko Haram in Nigeria is not a military problem but a leadership issue. Boko Haram knows that the leadership of Nigeria is weak and this emboldens them. What Nigeria needs is a strong leader who can make decisions and lead by examples and not a ditherer who cannot even summon the courage to go to areas in the North that have suffered devastation.

Why is there still terrorists in Pakistan? Their leader is also GEJ? I compared Boko Haram and taliban because both are terrorist groups!

I did say that the issue of dialogue was out of the way when Yaradua led government killed Yusuf, and that event showed that the army knew nothing about fight against terrorism

If you must know, Boko haram started the killing in 2003 when they ransacked police stations in Yobe, so if the governments of those days didn't nip it at the bud, it is not that they have build more alliance with outside forces that you will dialogue with them? If OBJ had started funding the military as it should be from that 2003, we wouldn't be where we are today including doing under-hand deals just to get equipment.

1 Like

Re: mODIFIED by Rilwayne001: 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
mrmetoo1:
My guy's defense of the insecurity was that others didn't buy a single gun for the military. That's all he has for the insecurity facing this country. On corruption, he said they gathered IT people on created e-wallet and now the fertilizer industry is now without corruption. That is all about is fight on corruption. My guy said sending people to prison won't deter crime, why not just go empty all the prisons, since it serves no purpose. He said do you want your uncle arrested, please if your uncle is a thief he deserves to be in jail.

This guy made a speech and asked why Nigeria is not like London in terms of homes ownership. This is the president with asking us the citizens why this hasn't happened. This is someone that should have a team working on this asking us. I think he forgot he was president at that point.

He said Brazil, Indonesia, India, etc has left us and he's asking us why this has happened. May I remind GEJ is the president and not the folks they gathered in TBS. Tell us the reasons why its that way and tell us the tangible things you have done to get us back to where you said we were.

At the end of everything, during his speech he said people were tired. Someone actually whispered to him that people were tired during his speech and he said it out

grin grin That man jonaTAN is the definition of "mumu"

Thumbs up bro....i thought i waa the only one that saw how clueless his speech was. grin
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
ayukdaboss:
datolee give it up...GEJ's speech today was really an embarrassment. He threw caution to the wind and engaged in complete "issue-less" based campaign. He spent all of his time telling Nigerians why they should not vote for Buhari instead of telling Nigerians why they should vote for him.

He spent all his time comparing Buhari's government with his, what kind of shameful act is that? What a big flop. I wonder who gave him that idea.

I will agree with you, the content of his speech wasn't the best but you can fault it on the whole because the selling point of Buhari is past record. He should have respond to the three issues of insecurity, corruption and weak government with what he has done and not necessarily making comparison. His tone of speech delivery has improved recently though.

2 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
gabriel212:

Guy I initially thought you were exaggerating earlier until I watched the campaign on channels news. I belief the station purposely shown the lengthy speech to exposed how disgusting gej is to the public. sincerely I wept while watching it
lols, you wouldn't expect me to ascribe words to them falsely when I know the implication. Pdp Ís very good at making intelligent ppl become clueless
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
datolee:

Why is there still terrorists in Pakistan? Their is leader is also GEJ? I compared Boko Haram and taliban because both are terrorist groups!

I did say that the issue of dialogue was out of the way when Yaradua led government killed Yusuf, and that event showed that the army knew nothing about fight against terrorism

If you must know, Boko haram started the killing in 2003 when they ransacked police stations in Yobe, so if the governments of those days didn't nip it at the bud, it is not that they have build more alliance with outside forces that you will dialogue with them? If OBJ had started funding the military as it should be from that 2003, we wouldn't be where we are today including doing under-hand deals just to get equipment.
wow!
Re: mODIFIED by opiaoku: 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:
Are we to vote for PDP based on these?

Yes
Because
Buhari is a certified terrorist
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
berem:
wow!

...And your problem is?

2 Likes

Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
My oga, I just de laugh o. I think Ambode need not campaign again, Agbaje is campaigning against himself walahi
Scatterboss:

I just dey laugh the guy. The more you try to defend the clueless Jona, the more you sound foolish. Smh
Re: mODIFIED by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin That man jonaTAN is the definition of "mumu"

Thumbs up bro....i thought i waa the only one that saw how clueless his speech was. grin
The President was even saying that he §pent "hours" just to buy milk when GMB was in power

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Enugu Approves Three-week Paternity Leave / World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty / Xmas Day Bombing: How Kabiru Sokoto Was Rearrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.