Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... (26439 Views)

Who Is The Real Originator Of These Popular Words -igbos Or The Yorubas. / Ekiti As The Largest Subgroup Of The Yorubas / To The Yorubas, Have You Ever Been Told To Ask For Arodan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by Fulaman198(m): 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Thank you, Fula smiley
All the best to ya.

Same to you Enlightened cheesy wink
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 20, 2015
It was the day after eid-il-kabir also known as Ileya. I was 10, the extended family consisting of my cousins, aunties and uncles were at my grandparents', we were up to 25 or so.

Normally, I am very talkative and also very restless. So you wouldn't want to watch a movie with me at all tongue . I promised the family that I wouldn't utter a single word (at their request), barely 2 mins to the movie the urge to say something was so overpowering that I begged them to say a single sentence, they allowed me. Then i tried to chip in infrequently so I thought embarassed . it for to a point Wehr they had to pause the movie for me. My uncle called me stylishly and asked me to go to my grandmother's friend house. Which was quite a distance to collect the Arodan he forgot when he visited her.

I have been trekking for about 10 mins when I remembered that part in ‘My Father's Daughter' where the child was sent away during the labour (it is good to read). Then I started crying when I realised the conspiracy cry, turned round and headed for home, I was so angry that I vouched never to speak to any of them again tongue . I went straight for the bedroom and cried myself to sleep.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Boyfriend's Parents Don't Approve Me, And They Haven't Even Met Me Yet / Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance / Emir Sanusi Celebrates 25th Wedding Anniversary With Wife As They Cut Their Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.