Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,919 members, 7,810,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) (47648 Views)

Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President / Nigerian Lecturers Enter Their Students-Made Airplane : Funny But True / 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by justi4jesu(f): 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
ireneony:
Is only in nigeria institutions, something like this can happen..lol.....i cant help but laugh

Which is your Matric No. cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Ayoolajumoke(f): 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
aquabeing:
Honestly , I refuse to read any comment apart from seeing the topic but desire to pour out my heart because I was a victim of male lecturers armed with inferiority complex who decide to see you dating your colleague as a dash to their ego.University of Agriculture Abeokuta Ogun state was a perfect example.

Chai! My very own Funaab!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by pragmatistm(m): 3:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
theimmortals:
Why are Nigerian student Lazy?
Not only lazy, but many think to get grades is free.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by naturalwaves: 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
ireneony:
Is only in nigeria institutions, something like this can happen..lol.....i cant help but laugh

http://ireneonyebuchi..it/2015/01/education-in-nigeria-is-not-easy-o.html?m=1
Madam, your writeup is very woeful. Go through it and do the necessary corrections. If you dedicate half of the time you spend on romance section to your studies, your academic performance will improve#no offence#

Back to topic: How can you blast a lecturer's course and score an F? That's impossible! It is most likely that the students didn't study enough.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by sundoj08(m): 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Paste your transcript here lets see. Edit out your name. Them go go one otueke college for yankee come they form genius. Get that 3.97 from schools with high standards and then we can compare. A 3.97 from a village school in Wisconsin, alabama or one yeye country side is nothing to brag about
i only have one question for you. If your life is never gonna grow any better, do you have to take out your frustrations on others?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by ireneony(f): 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
naturalwaves:

Madam, your writeup is very woeful. Go through it and do the necessary corrections. If you dedicate half of the time you spend on romance section to your studies, your academic performance will improve#no offence#

Back to topic: How can you blast a lecturer's course and score an F? That's impossible! It is most likely that the students didn't study enough.
who are you?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by freevo: 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
most of our youths are never serious with their studies. they are usually concerned with social feferities.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by rhames(m): 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
Awon ode lecturer. Most of them begged for the job and when they get there, they become great nuisance to the public and irresponsible to their students. May God Help us. Amen
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by SenatorJames(m): 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
teemanbastos:
nt all lecturers.. Just few.
But i tink dose lekturers are reducing by d day, nt as rampant as b4
Students have started teaching them lesson of their life, ranging from serious beating, deflated tyre, burnt cars and houses, feary messages, wife and children kidnapping etc.

But truth be told, students are becoming more lazy in our higher institution, than our own undergraduate time, which is quite pathetic.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by justi4jesu(f): 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2015
SenatorJames:
Students have started teaching them lesson of their life, ranging from serious beating, deflated tyre, burnt cars and houses, feary messages, wife and children kidnapping etc.

But truth be told, students are becoming more lazy in our higher institution, than our own undergraduate time, which is quite pathetic.
I don't blame the lecturers because most students don't read, they prefer to invest their time preparing micro chips and bullets for exams instead of reading.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by peeberry2(m): 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
Tenim47:
GMB IS READY TO FLUSH D FAKES LECTURERS
act matured for once.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by justi4jesu(f): 4:41am On Jan 12, 2015
peeberry2:
act matured for once.

Dont mind them undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
psychologist:
that God, i school in kuwait

Ohh really??
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by EbolaParasite: 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
sundoj08:
i only have one question for you. If your life is never gonna grow any better, do you have to take out your frustrations on others?

Na simple task na. Paste your transcript or SHUT it. I put forward a valid statement. A 3.97 in a low tier university is nothing to brag about. The fact that you have or "supposedly" have a 3.97 does not change anything. While there are exceptions, i suspect you are only doing what the average Nigerian student in America does - LIE ABOUT THEIR GRADES.

Sure there are students who weren't serious in Nigeria and had 2.5 gpa's and as soon as they moved to the states, realized they couldn't waster their parents "international student fees". I may be wrong but you can prove that by pasting an edited transcript. Also, i maintain my stance with regards to the school. There are schools in the U.S that you can go to and get 3.97 but then they may be "otueke" schools.

Contrary to popular belief, a lot of Nigerian students do not get teh SUM MA CUM LAUDE they claim to friends and family back in Nigeria. Yes we have a lot of smart Nigerians that achieve this but the number is not as high as they make it seem. How do i know this?
Well, i have had to look at several hundreds of transcripts during my days as an on-campus recruitment staff at my company. I am in Engineering so this may not apply to other majors. Most of the GPA's i saw back then were more in the 3.0 to 3.5 range with a lot hanging around 3.2 ish.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by EbolaParasite: 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
DonCrust:

You dont know what you're saying dude! I finished high school with 6 A1 and 2 Bs, Sat for jamb and scored 273, post UME 73/100 and got admitted on merit basis. Despite that, the school had me questioned/examined to confirm my result and i answered every question they asked correctly. So don't think because you cheated in your ssce, jamb, etc to gain admission into the higher institution, everyone in the university did the same.

For your information, products of Unibuja stand out everywhere they go regardless of what we graduate with.

FYI, I did not say ALL students. What exactly is your point? No need hiding the obvious. We have students who do not cheat but an overwhelming number of Nigerian students cheat. This is a fact.
The sooner we accept this, the better. That way, we will be able to address the issue. 50% of university admits do not belong there. FACT!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by sundoj08(m): 1:08am On Jan 13, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Na simple task na. Paste your transcript or SHUT it. I put forward a valid statement. A 3.97 in a low tier university is nothing to brag about. The fact that you have or "supposedly" have a 3.97 does not change anything. While there are exceptions, i suspect you are only doing what the average Nigerian student in America does - LIE ABOUT THEIR GRADES.

Sure there are students who weren't serious in Nigeria and had 2.5 gpa's and as soon as they moved to the states, realized they couldn't waster their parents "international student fees". I may be wrong but you can prove that by pasting an edited transcript. Also, i maintain my stance with regards to the school. There are schools in the U.S that you can go to and get 3.97 but then they may be "otueke" schools.

Contrary to popular belief, a lot of Nigerian students do not get teh SUM MA CUM LAUDE they claim to friends and family back in Nigeria. Yes we have a lot of smart Nigerians that achieve this but the number is not as high as they make it seem. How do i know this?
Well, i have had to look at several hundreds of transcripts during my days as an on-campus recruitment staff at my company. I am in Engineering so this may not apply to other majors. Most of the GPA's i saw back then were more in the 3.0 to 3.5 range with a lot hanging around 3.2 ish.
i don't give a damn if you believe it or not,it's your headache. My advice:keep a straight head, you'll find yourself there
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by purplekayc(m): 7:24am On Jan 13, 2015
Greyworld:
In ma sch we call it F across d board....... 9ja no b am, shikina...

And d lecturer doest feel stuupid for spendin a whole semester(abt 3 months) teaching "failures"
you should know dat they do care about their students.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Greyworld: 7:30am On Jan 13, 2015
purplekayc:
you should know dat they do care about their students.
Indeed
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by purplekayc(m): 8:42am On Jan 13, 2015
Greyworld:

Indeed
the trick is not to depend on any lecturer teaching you any topic while you are there just go there and make up your mind about what you want to do and read on your own .
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by jaetrill(m): 8:58am On Jan 13, 2015
only in Ekpoma
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by purplekayc(m): 6:58am On Jan 14, 2015
Greyworld:

Indeed
lol , i mean dont
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Greyworld: 6:59am On Jan 14, 2015
purplekayc:
lol , i mean dont
Ok datz mur lyk it
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Oraeri30: 11:54am On Jan 26, 2015
If you are looking for an explanation you are at the right place
Don't go
This is a Philosophy and Religion project topic and material. But you need to see this, well written to "A" standard
click
Death of God in the Philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche: A Critique
http://uniprojectsearch.com/death-god-phil…zsche-critique/
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Dinobenson: 8:53am On Feb 08, 2015
PapiDShipCapt:
whew! To tell d truth na world men full that dept, wicked pple jare. Even my project supervisor (name witheld) cancelled my project inwhich we (3) have already spent abt 190k on and gave me another topic to start anew we spent another 110k. @ d end of everything he gave us C abi D sef can't remember cos I was pissed.
i had a similar scenario regarding my project,my project supervisor(Nordiana i have to mention his name) asked us to repeat the project as we mounted the podium to defend the project on the excuse that the dimensions we used is not the one he gave us imagine! We had to start all over.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by CapitanS: 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2019
This one na lecturer from hell
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2019
EbolaParasite:

Paste your transcript here lets see. Edit out your name. Them go go one otueke college for yankee come they form genius. Get that 3.97 from schools with high standards and then we can compare. A 3.97 from a village school in Wisconsin, alabama or one yeye country side is nothing to brag about

Ette...3.97/4.0 is about 99.25%. It is something to brag about. I'm sure your mind is taking you to the 5.0 scale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! / Guy Goes Naked In UNILAG ' Worshipping God '. / Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.