Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

The New Mogadishu - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The New Mogadishu (66331 Views)

Nigerian Brothers & Sisters Welcome To Mogadishu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 9:25am On Jan 14, 2015
KidStranglehold:

I know what I'm talking about.

Somaliland Campaign
-1900–1920
=20 years of conflict
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somaliland_Campaign

Anglo-Ashanti Wars
1823-1900
=77 years of conflict
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Ashanti_wars

How abouy you get your facts straight. Somalia was just one of the[b] last[/b] states left to resist, not that they were resisting the longest.

You meant the first and the one to do the most damage. I also know what I'm talking about because I have a book on it in my house which I often read.

The conflict started before 1900 as he was fighting with Italia first so it actually started somewhere in the 1800's
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

I didn't say they were kicked out of somalia, that was Axum's point.

The US Army was though. And the CIA just sit around.
The Axum's point was the main one I was addressing. And the CIA in Somalia most certanily does not sit around otherwise they wouldn't be in the country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Somalia
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 10:05am On Jan 14, 2015
KidStranglehold:

The Axum's point was the main one I was addressing. And the CIA in Somalia most certanily does not sit around otherwise they wouldn't be in the country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Somalia

Are you serious?

Wikipedia is your source?

I don't think I can ever take you seriously after this
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

You meant the first and the one to do the most damage. I also know what I'm talking about because I have a book on it in my house which I often read.

The conflict started before 1900 as he was fighting with Italia first so it actually started somewhere in the 1800's

I actually just meant longest resistant and not which one was the first or did the most damage. From what I read the Ashanti held up against the British for a long time. And mind posting the title of the book you own? I wouldn't mind researching further. smiley
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 10:09am On Jan 14, 2015
KidStranglehold:

I actually just meant longest resistant and not which one was the first or did the most damage. From what I read the Ashanti held up against the British for a long time. And mind posting the title of the book you own? I wouldn't mind researching further. smiley

Its called Taarikhdii Daraawiishta iyo Sayid Maxamed Cabdille Xasan (1895-1920)

Dont worry, there's quite a lot of english in it so you'll understand the contents of the book.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

Are you serious?

Wikipedia is your source?

I don't think I can ever take you seriously after this

Pathetic cop out. The article lists the many CIA activities that has undergone in Somalia, but more importantly the info are CITED.

But since Wikipedia makes you feel salty, is this better?
http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2012/02/22/get-the-data-somalias-hidden-war/

Dates of ALL CIA operations in Somalia all the way to the end of 2014. Yeah the CIA are just "sitting around".
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 10:15am On Jan 14, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Pathetic cop out. The article lists the many CIA activities that has undergone in Somalia, but more importantly the info are CITED.

But since Wikipedia makes you feel salty, is this better?
http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2012/02/22/get-the-data-somalias-hidden-war/

Dates of ALL CIA operations in Somalia all the way to the end of 2014. Yeah the CIA are just "sitting around".

A Much better source.

But they've never set foot on somali soil, and are attacking from drones grin
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

Much better

I apologize if I come off as bad mouthing Somalia. I don't mean to but some of Axum's false sense of pride has to be corrected, its because that he trolls this forum. Gotta knock him off his pedestal once and a while.. smiley
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

Its called Taarikhdii Daraawiishta iyo Sayid Maxamed Cabdille Xasan (1895-1920)

Dont worry, there's quite a lot of english in it so you'll understand the contents of the book.

Thanks. I hardly find any sources that detail the Dervish-British/Italian war.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 10:27am On Jan 14, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Thanks. I hardly find any sources that detail the Dervish-British/Italian war.

Much of the information there is first hand and comes from the letters of the officials when they reported back to their governers and monarchs on the situation, plus its a good read.
Re: The New Mogadishu by axum: 10:28am On Jan 14, 2015
KidStranglehold:

I apologize if I come off as bad mouthing Somalia. I don't mean to but some of Axum's false sense of pride has to be corrected, its because that he trolls this forum. Gotta knock him off his pedestal once and a while.. smiley

You take things way to Personal Mr. Fufu Jumbo cheesy

I will lead the fufu nation out of the darkness (no pun intended cheesy)
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 10:28am On Jan 14, 2015
KidStranglehold:

No worries bro but this is how you get rid of trolls

Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 10:29am On Jan 14, 2015
axum, my nigga how are you?
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 10:59am On Jan 14, 2015
Axum, check out your meme thread
Re: The New Mogadishu by axum: 12:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:
axum, my nigga how are you?

Go die slow
Re: The New Mogadishu by gallivant: 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
Lol

We have castrated Axum just like we did alshabab. grin
Re: The New Mogadishu by axum: 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
gallivant:
Lol

We have castrated Axum just like we did alshabab. grin

Who is we? AU?

Alshabab has simply changed their strategy to attacking Kenya inside their own country and assainating Somali politicians.

AU has been in Somalia for over a decade, that is nothing to celebrate.

Turkey who has been in Somalia for only 2-3 years, has opened an Embassy, build Schools, Universities, Hospitals, Airports, Roads, and buildings in addition to training the Somali Police, Airforce, Supplying Ships to the Navy.

Somalia will soon leave the AU, all it needs is the right leader or negotiations among the Somali politicians. The government itself dispises the Bantus inside Somalia lmao
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 12:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
axum:

Go die slow

Why?
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

Why?
Hi Maakhir, how r u? I see the Somali /Bantu war has shifted to Mogadishu.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
muafrika:
Hi Maakhir, how r u? I see the Somali /Bantu war has shifted to Mogadishu.

I'm good thanks, how 'bout you?

Yeah, I'm afraid it has. Though I only have a issue with Gallivant.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Dathommie(m): 1:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

Gallivants little b*tch

West African Piracy is now the worst piracy in Africa
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30024009

Deal with Boko Haram you little sh*t instead of focusing on somalia,

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Heheheheh!!!

Somalia's first class refugee dork!!

I can c u've jst recently enrolled on a refugee illiterate's education centre in europe right? Kikikiki, keep d study up boy!!

Dis is jst 2 shw hw stupeed ur refugee self is! So after go thru d stress of doin research jst 2 prove one worthless point, u came up wit d conclusion 2 compare a whole region ( west africa ) 2 somalia? Hahaha! Nice one professor!

I bet somalia comes 2nd in d whole of Africa after d whole of west africa right? So which litterally makes somalia d no 1 in africa, country wise ( not regional wise u foool! ). Hahaha, lyk I said, keep d study up, u'll soon get there!!

acts still remains dat somalia is both world pirates n terrorist capital. N foool,i don't need 2 deal wit boko haram cos am no terrorist lyk u and dats somtin our able military is doin 4 me u sh*t!

Talkin abt glass house. They are 36 states in my country n boko haram ar only jst operatin in 2 states which of course they haven't been able 2 over run, cos our self reliant mighty military are fightin hard, so they use d ''hit n run'' tactic den flee 2 neigbourin countries. Unlike somalia, wia common terroris control not only ur entire country but even ur government!

So tell me professor, who's livin in d glass house?? Piece of sh*t!!

Somalia, world refugee terrorist/pirates capital!!
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
Dathommie:

Heheheheh!!!

Somalia's first class refugee dork!!

I can c u've jst recently enrolled on a refugee illiterate's education centre in europe right? Kikikiki, keep d study up boy!!

Dis is jst 2 shw hw stupeed ur refugee self is! So after go thru d stress of doin research jst 2 prove one worthless point, u came up wit d conclusion[b] 2 compare a whole region ( west africa ) 2 somalia? Hahaha![/b] Nice one professor!

I bet somalia comes 2nd in d whole of Africa after d whole of west africa right? So which litterally makes somalia d no 1 in africa, country wise ( not regional wise u foool! ). Hahaha, lyk I said, keep d study up, u'll soon get there!!

acts still remains dat somalia is both world pirates n terrorist capital. N foool,i don't need 2 deal wit boko haram cos am no terrorist lyk u and dats somtin our able military is doin 4 me u sh*t!

Talkin abt glass house. They are 36 states in my country n boko haram ar only jst operatin in 2 states which of course they haven't been able 2 over run, cos our self reliant mighty military are fightin hard, so they use d ''hit n run'' tactic den flee 2 neigbourin countries. Unlike somalia, wia common terroris control not only ur entire country but even ur government!

So tell me professor, who's livin in d glass house?? Piece of sh*t!!

Somalia, world refugee terrorist/pirates capital!!

@Gallivants b*tch

Truth be told all of West Africas piracy is in Nigeria so I'm comparing somalia to Nigeria

Boko Haram just attacked a major city in Nigeria and tried to overrun it fagg*t and Al-Shabaab is only in one state of somalia (Banaadir)

Nope, terrorism is more active in Nigeria than in Somalia currently

You are living in a obsidian house.

Thank you for proving how dumb you are to the world

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

Am cool, just checking in and out,
Re: The New Mogadishu by Dathommie(m): 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

@Gallivants b*tch

Truth be told all of West Africas piracy is in Nigeria so I'm comparing somalia to Nigeria

Boko Haram just attacked a major city in Nigeria and tried to overrun it fagg*t and Al-Shabaab is only in one state of somalia (Banaadir)

Nope, terrorism is more active in Nigeria than in Somalia currently

You are living in a obsidian house.

Thank you for proving how dumb you are to the world

Hahahahaha....jst wen u thought foools lyf dis had gone extinct!!

Oh so nw nigeria is d whole of west africa?? Really? Wat amazes me, is hw u go such length nt only shwin ur stupeedity bt also provin worthless points!

N which major city in nigeria did boko haram ''tried 2 over run''? Do u even knw wat a ''major city'' is? U call small towns n villages major cities, I guess dat wat dey are in smolia since u don't hav any major city so u call ur towns n villages cities. Dude....I can c d weed u smoked last week has begun 2 take effect!!

Even d most boko haram operative state's capital hasn't even had any attempt of been over ran. Wat would u call dat, a village?

Of course terrorism is more active dan somalia, isn't somalia already over ran n its citizens fleein in millions 2 europe n dyin in d process? Who are al shabab goin 2 terrorise? Hehehe!!

Foool!!

Kikikiki!!!!
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=Dathommie post=29785626][/quote]

Check for yourself, all the piracy in west africa is nigerian piracy on oil exports.

Fool, they were talking about it on this very forum and I'll find the thread and get back to you on which city it was.

There are many somalis in somalia.

Boko Haram terrorises two states in Nigeria while Al-Shabaab only does so to one.

Re: The New Mogadishu by gallivant: 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

Get off my balls.Only Bantu groupies allowed.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 2:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
gallivant:

Get off my balls.Only Bantu groupies allowed.

undecided

ON A SOMALI THREAD?

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by gallivant: 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

My mums Issaq, and an Issaqs place in the world will always be above yours.

How so? My people seek help and refuge in Somalia.
Re: The New Mogadishu by gallivant: 2:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

Okay little boy, if we're gonna go on about slaves do not forget the background of your people.

My people' s background is associated with freedom fighters, intellectuals, Nobel laurettes and black presidents.Compared to Somalia's pirates, mullahs, terrorists and housemaids.It is you who is forgetting your people's background.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Dathommie(m): 2:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
Maakhir:

Check for yourself, all the piracy in west africa is nigerian piracy on oil exports.

Fool, they were talking about it on this very forum and I'll find the thread and get back to you on which city it was.

There are many somalis in somalia.

Boko Haram terrorises two states in Nigeria while Al-Shabaab only does so to one.

Kikikikiki!!

Ok agreed. Al shabab operates in one state in somali n managed 2 over run d hole oda states n country frm dat same one state, while boko haram operates in 2 states bt still haven't had them under control 4 yrs. hw ironic!

did u hear urself ''all d piracy in west africa is nigerian piracy on oil exports'' n dat was based on ur research, huh professor? Hahahaha!!

U jst prove hw dumb u ar each time u try 2 prove nt been dumb!!

D only somalis remainin in somalia dat d world knws is al shabab, except u are talkin abt d refugees dat are tryin 2 hide in a wrecked boat in dia millions fleein 2 europe n dyin in d process, again n again n again!!!

Hehehehehe!!

Somalian sh*t!!
Re: The New Mogadishu by gallivant: 2:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
axum:

Who is we? AU?

Alshabab has simply changed their strategy to attacking Kenya inside their own country and assainating Somali politicians.

AU has been in Somalia for over a decade, that is nothing to celebrate.

Turkey who has been in Somalia for only 2-3 years, has opened an Embassy, build Schools, Universities, Hospitals, Airports, Roads, and buildings in addition to training the Somali Police, Airforce, Supplying Ships to the Navy.

Somalia will soon leave the AU, all it needs is the right leader or negotiations among the Somali politicians. The government itself dispises the Bantus inside Somalia lmao

Bla bla...all talk no action.Typical.Who will feed you and protect you if the AU leaves? The Arab League? What have they done for you since Somalia fell apart? Oh right,terrorism and mosques. undecided

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 2:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
gallivant:

My people' s background is associated with freedom fighters, intellectuals, Nobel laurettes and black presidents.Compared to Somalia's pirates, mullahs, terrorists and housemaids.It is you who is forgetting your people's background.

don't forget slaves, dear cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano, Ado Bayero To Marry Ex-Girlfriend, Hajiyayye (Photo) / Osun -- State Of The Living Spring! Identify Here / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.