Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? (21589 Views)

ÒSÚ Caste System; A Barrier To Marriage. / Sex And Marriage With Robots; Fiction Or New Reality? / Should Religion Be A Barrier To Relationship/marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Lastdon02(m): 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
no
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by januzaj(m): 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
questions for the gods
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by tdayof(m): 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by UnknownT: 8:04pm On Jan 13, 2015
She is late twenties and freaking out, maybe your other character made her freak out and blame it on your age

4 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
In my part of country.. A lady in her late twenties is almost gone...i mean from 27-30...she should be happy getting you.

Guy move on with your life...there are so many of them you will get even at 23-25.

She should know in a couple of years,she will be considered getting expired for marriage

6 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by SammieRexx(m): 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
randsandnaira:
I am in my late 30s and i met the lady of my dreams early this year. The lady seemed to be into me, and then, the big question came. She asked for my age and then i told her. The moment i did, she freaked out.

She is in her late 20s and tolD me the age difference is too much for her to handle. I persuadeD her that it doesn't matter but she wasn't persuaded. As it were, I'm so worried cos i truly care about her.

Please advise me on how to win her heart. I'd appreciate mature response. Thank you.
She neva crios broda
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by jaybee3(m): 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2015
Not necessarily but you can't disregard the correlation between age and wisdom

If Marriage/relationships need some sort of age related wisdom to sustain expected bumpy rides then surely age being the key variable can act as the damper effect where necessary

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Gen2jaynee: 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2015
Hmmm, different strokes, for different folks.... Urs is that the age difference is too much...... My friends robs is that the age difference is too small.... He really loves her, took her to his parents.... Always talking about the future with my friend as his wife...Then BOOM, her mum comes in when smone came to ask for her hand in marriage and she said NO.... Her guy is just some mnths older than her.... IS THAT A BARRIER TOO..

2 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Richard6(m): 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
randsandnaira:

She is in her late 20s .
Is she a kid? I wonder the age she is supposed to marry at her late 20s

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Gen2jaynee: 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
Hmmm, different strokes, for different folks.... Urs is that the age difference is too much...... My friends p robs is that the age difference is too small.... He really loves her, took her to his parents.... Always talking about the future with my friend as his wife...Then BOOM, her mum comes in when smone came to ask for her hand in marriage and she said NO, her mum after insulting because of her boyfriends age.... Her guy is just some mnths older than her.... IS THAT A BARRIER TOO..
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by tobaflexy(m): 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
Dnt force her guy if she love u she will come back for u,,,there so many ladies outside there waiting for u
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 13, 2015
emmynent:
Pls can someone tell me y some people are always happy coz they were able to comment on fp
I don't understand
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Ezevajina: 8:10pm On Jan 13, 2015
You are the one who should be freaked out. Any woman over the age of 27 and not married yet is a no go zone. Men have not married her for a reason if not many reasons. (ignore her regular bull-crap of "I hadn't met my soul mate yet"wink
Chances are she has been used, abused and refused far too many times. Is that a kind of thing you would want your children to have for a mother?
Do your kids some justice brother....

4 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
Once met a 47yr old man asking for a relationship while I was in my mid 20's.
I had to go for deliverance, fasted for 21days to fight every curse laid by an enemy that led to someone my mum's age asking my hand in marriage.
Op 10yrs diff is actually too much btw why did u have to wait till u were approaching 40 before thinking of settling.

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by dayoalani: 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
If does not agree, its better you go separate ways since you'll find someone else that will love you for who you are.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Jamean(f): 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2015
To me it's a barrier...3-7years age gap is just appropriate.

Not that a man of 37yrs will want to marry a 23yrs old lady. angry

Please, it's wife of your youth, not wife of your old age.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ezevajina:
You are the one who should be freaked out. Any woman over the age of 27 and not married yet is a no go zone. Men have not married her for a reason if not many reasons. (ignore her regular bull-crap of "I hadn't met my soul mate yet"wink
Chances are she has been used, abused and refused far too many times. Is that a kind of thing you would want your children to have for a mother?
Do your kids some justice brother....

You are a fool. I'm sure you are one of those who use women that way but then when it's time to settle down, you need fresh meat. I pray innocent girls don't end up with your type angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Teaxa(m): 8:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
Age And Love.... Says Who??
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
randsandnaira:
I am in my late 30s and i met the lady of my dreams early this year. The lady seemed to be into me, and then, the big question came. She asked for my age and then i told her. The moment i did, she freaked out.

She is in her late 20s and tolD me the age difference is too much for her to handle. I persuadeD her that it doesn't matter but she wasn't persuaded. As it were, I'm so worried cos i truly care about her.

Please advise me on how to win her heart. I'd appreciate mature response. Thank you.

yh ~10 years difference ... i wouldn't marry as well
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by condralbede(m): 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
YES for marriage....but NO for pranking levo.

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by chineloSA(f): 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
netizenbuzz:

You are a fool. I'm sure you are one of those who use women that way but then when it's time to settle down, you need fresh meat. I pray innocent girls don't end up with your type angry angry

Just what I thought. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by kccarew(f): 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
To me, age aint no barrier, I can marry one who is older than me, but not old enough to be my dad oo, and can also marry someone younger than me,but not young enough to be my younger bro! Am inbetween,

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Kingsasian(m): 8:21pm On Jan 13, 2015
Age shouldn't be an issue wen it comes to love and marriage except one of the parties is old enough to be the father or mother of the other. To me urs is ok.

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Dammyjohn(m): 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
randsandnaira:

Thanks but it's so difficult to let go. I love this girl so much.
Haaaaaa.Na wahala be disooo.As you don love her like dis,you sure sey she love you as you love her?because if she love you truely, she no suppose to dey talk about age naaaa.Abi how you take see am?
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by JonCina(m): 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
It shouldn't have been an issue for her since she was so into you before she knew your age. Nevertheless, maybe she had for a long time fantasized and agreed/made up her mind on the age range of her husband. Anything out of that will cause serious cognitive dissonance for her.

Personally, i had in mind of marrying a girl younger than me by at least five years. I met a lady i liked and was developing interest for marriage. The last hurdle was a way to know her age surreptitiously. I found a way to do it as i asked her when she finished secondary school, while we were talking of secondary school things. To my surprise, i found out she finished a year or two before me. Immediately, my interest waned since i knew i had fixed my mind on the age bracket of my wife and couldn't manage the dissonance that will come with marrying her.

That's mine, people differ. That could be her reason. If that's her reason, forget her & march on to the next likely prospect.

On my case PERSONALLY, i have gotten someone within the age range i want, i have done all required traditional and we will both say YES on the 11th of April- BY THE GRACE OF GOD.

Best of luck bros!

5 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
Age is the least of my barrier ooo, i prefer older men sef, not all this omo mummy, for me 10yrs is lovely, matured guys are so so so romantic, so caring, so understanding. so many girls saying they cant are either in their teens or early twenties, @OP for a girl in her late twenties, she doesn't know what she really !wants or maybe she doesn't like you. Pls try and forget about her, there are many fishes in the river. There are just so many of us that you can't finish toasting till you go back to mother earth.

8 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
Hian..Me I'm 27, biko do I fit into any lady's age preference in a man hia?

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by amsoslim(m): 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
Is a nice idea u av come to seek for advice and people's opinion on this vey sensitive matter.I bet you there are countless people who are out there going through similar predicament as you,some have sought into getting advice from the wrong personS and suffered unbeaable pains and loss,while some in one way or the other have been opportuned to use their God's given wisdom coupled with good advice from well Wishers to make thei lives and relationship a bed of roses. Now bruhda here is my advice for you is as simple as this,any relationship that stats with pity would need pity to sustain it and in one way or the other one will get tired on the pity,any relationship that starts with lies will surely need lies to maintain it,I need not tell you how such relationship will end. Love is a mutual affair and a very sensitive one at that,you can't force anyone to love you or feel anying for you,all you need to do is be youself,be caring,loving,understanding,give as much attention as possible and got your policies that isn't easily broken I bet you wheather the winch in her village likes it o not you see the love been reciprocated. Don't think the different in age should pose a problem between you,if she doesn't love you no matter what you do or say she isn't gonna love you back but could aways come up with excuses. I wouldn't advice you,you cajole her to marry you out off her will,don't thing about youself only think about her too. There aree cases where girls marry men twices their father's age and even go as far as screwing thei grand father's age al in the name of sugar daddy.if she says you old for her,let her go,look fo some other person who will appreciate you just the way you are.
randsandnaira:

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by 1stola: 8:27pm On Jan 13, 2015
randsandnaira:

old man
leave all this young girls alone abeg
She's just 26 and you're 39, haba!
According to WHO, the average life span of a Nigerian is 52 years...
There are many good old spinsters old there desperate marriage.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Dammyjohn(m): 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2015
As she dey ask of your age,the thing be like sey her love for you na conditional love and she suppose to don graduate that love to unconditional love as una wan marry una self.But my brother, you sure sey the girl or lady don mature marritally?
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by InZA: 8:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
Jamean:
To me it's a barrier...3-7years age gap is just appropriate.

Not that a man of 37yrs will want to marry a 23yrs old lady. angry

Please, it's wife of your youth, not wife of your old age .

Very funny grin [Malachi 2:14]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Fiance Is A Virgin / How Do I Solve My Big Dick Problem? / What Will You Do If You Proposed To Your Girlfriend And She Rejects?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.