Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? (21585 Views)

ÒSÚ Caste System; A Barrier To Marriage. / Sex And Marriage With Robots; Fiction Or New Reality? / Should Religion Be A Barrier To Relationship/marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by AmaechiLinus(m): 9:56pm On Jan 13, 2015
Apart from d numba of age, ur stature/ shape matters too. Let me see ur pix b4 i advice u.

4 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
jnrbayano:

sad
Smile my dear,makes you more handsome.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Amhappy(f): 10:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
Yes age can be a barrier,if not so you wouldnt be here. Age difference is a big deal to some people and your girl is in that category. Convince her to give you a try and also come down to her level but if she refuses,then dont waste your time. Look for another girl and let her wait for a younger man. 8-10yrs difference is no big deal.

2 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by HydrogenOHazard: 10:04pm On Jan 13, 2015
pictures or I don't beliEve it
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Ezevajina: 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
netizenbuzz:

You are a fool. I'm sure you are one of those who use women that way but then when it's time to settle down, you need fresh meat. I pray innocent girls don't end up with your type angry angry

grin grin grin Don't worry sister, if you are over 27 and single! There are always "local pastors" for you to share with other mature single mammas. Just keep ignoring the fact that the local pastor wont leave his wife for you as he know that you are a reject bread to only be eaten secretely in the dark. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by jnrbayano(m): 10:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
bisous:

Smile my dear,makes you more handsome.

Thanks

smiley
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by faaz24: 10:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
Age difference doesnt matter, its a person's mindset dat comes into play. I'll advise dat u 4get about her and move on with ur life and who knows u might find anoda girl dat is even younger than her....
Cheers !

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Toks2008(m): 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2015
enkay4love:
Having assured her that the age difference is'nt an issue in the relatnshp & she still insists its a big deal,if u still persist on winning her back & she insists on a NO,then you don't have to kill urself,simply man up & move on,cos the one who truly loves u & really is for you,will look past ur age & not make it a mountain factor to ur relationshp.

Abeg oga Ade forget her story for the gods

If a lady truly wants you age will not even matter to her. Infact I'm kinda loving a lady that I'm 19yrs older and she seem not to mind.

There is something she is not sincere about

For me ten years gap is bot bad at all nd ths is wat many ladies don't know. The older the guy the better for u because most of the guys in ur peer group expcialy guys in their twenties are still playn around nd may end up plating u.

The older the better

4 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by benuegirl: 10:33pm On Jan 13, 2015
She still lives in fantasyland, probably from the discussion of the "dream guy" she's been having with her friends and she's freaking b'cos her friends WHO DO NOT HAVE ANY STEADY RELATIONSHIP YET will laugh at her. She doesn't know how much they envy her already.
I know babes married to guys up to 15yrs older and they're having fun like they're the only two on the planet. While others marry their birthday mates and swim in tributaries of pains, agony and regrets. They don't have a moment of peace.
Abeg tell that babe to wise up. Soon now,na she go dey beg you.

3 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by kpolli(m): 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
Mmadukaku:

They met on the eve of new year.
Just 12days gone and he's inlove already.
The guy sounds desperate abi? Well he is 39.5 and she's 26.5.
13yrs difference is alot undecided

Meaning he might have not been a virgin when she was born.... Interesting
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by heartdesir(f): 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
its very simple my dear. that girl is jus using your age as an excuse although, your age may not really b d reason. there is more to it. anyway, I don't mind your age oo so contact me lol.

2 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Richardiyke271(m): 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
Guy It depends on Wot u want, if marriage Just let her b bcoz if u force her into accepting u, u may regret it COZ She will always go 4her age But if Just 4d fun of It den u can Do as u like. cry cry cry
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by randsandnaira: 11:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
You guys are amazing. You are the best. Thanks y'all for being there for me. I really want to thank everyone who has taken time to contribute meaningfully to this thread. People like bisous, nneka123, wristwatch, enkay4love, inza, KMTee, classicB, Marinel(whom we are in the same boat), maxdozie, jnrbayano(my brother from another mother who ensured that the thread hit frontpage), emmynent, ucheosefor and others too numerous to mention. Thank you so much.
Things are getting better. I gave her a call this evening and she was very warm and lively. I pray God's will be done.

2 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by MadCow1: 11:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
[b]Age can be a barrier depending on;

1. Age difference.. The wider the gap, the more likely it is to be a barrier. Meaning, different maturity levels, different exposures to life, different circle of friends, different social lifestyles, etc.

2. Maturity.. The older we get, the wiser we are to life and it's challenges. It takes exceptional mental maturity for two individuals of different age brackets to hit it off well especially when the woman is older. When a man dates an older woman, by default, he has to put up with her friends who would most likely be older than he is. The woman may also have to deal with some immature traits that the guy may exhibit. Basically, both parties would need to be of a certain mental maturity level to be able to work it out.

3. External agents.. Her family, his family, her friends, his friends, her colleagues, his colleagues, etc.. If the external forces become too overwhelming, it could affect their relationship to an extent.

That said, dating older women can be awesome. They come with less of the foolishness and tend to be more focused and into their own than the younger females. It all depends on the personality of the parties involved. If she bailed on you after discovering the age difference, then what that means to me is that she isn't ready to put up with the many challenges that comes with dating a younger man. So my advice to you mr OP is to let it go. [/b]
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Shola2009(m): 11:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
its pretty simple. if she loves you she'll accept everything about you. smiley She's not really into you man. i'd say move on. but i'm also a believer in fighting for the things we want the most.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by fesnge(m): 11:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
I won't go for a girl i am old enoygh to be her dad. First of all, she will drag you backward due to the fact she has not seen or enjoy her youthful life. I advice you should go for a matured lady 3 to 5 yrs younger to your age.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by samtol4(m): 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
randsandnaira:

Thanks but it's so difficult to let go. I love this girl so much.
Marriage is by choice not by force .if you explain things to her and she insist pls let her go ."I love this girl so much"does she loves you so much?I doubt if she does there is no need begging and pleading for her to understand your viewpoint .In a nutshell most ladies want age difference between 2 to 5 .

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by samtol4(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
Shola2009:
its pretty simple. if she loves you she'll accept everything about you. smiley She's not really into you man. i'd say move on. but i'm also a believer in fighting for the things we want the most.
you don't fight for someone to accept you .Marriage is by choice not by force

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by David4best(m): 11:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
Age difference is not a barrier except if the girl does not love the guy at all. Zimbabwe President's daughter, Robert Mugabe's only daughter, Bona, a 24 years old girl wedded and got married to a 37 year old guy as a virgin named Simba Chikore. The guy is a pilot for Qatar Airways. Google it on internet if u feel I am lying. Bill Gate, World richest man , was at 38years when he married his wife at 29years. Nigerian girls are too proud. Even when u are still struggling or working hard to make it in your twenties, they will still not want to hook up with u because your are not arrived yet. But when you have finally succeeded in your thirties, they will say u are older than them. Guy! Pray & look 4 d girl of your real marital destiny. That girl is not for u. Keep on wooing or toasting girls, atleast one or two young beautiful girls per day. Be doing it everyday. Be prayerful so that u will not fall into wrong girl. U will even marry a lovely, understanding, responsible, beautiful and more younger girl

4 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
Singlensearchin:

After now your spec go change..all we'll be hearing is my husband dey old quick, small boiz go come become ur spec. Women una no go kill us
point of correction, girls tend to get older than guys, av seen lots of ma mates(guys) back in uni and dey still remain unchanged, sometimes u wonder if guys ever change, their D**k from when u know dem remain active and alive, thier stamina remain unchanged, their sexual aggressiveness doesnt change a bit, and then u ask ursef, was this the same guy i left some 5-8 yrs ago?? Don't forget they tend to look more handsome when they mature. E.g puff daddy, richard mofe damijo, denzel Washington, idris elba, jude okoye and our Almighty vampire pharel Williams...

4 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 14, 2015
Ezevajina:

grin grin grin Don't worry sister, if you are over 27 and single! There are always "local pastors" for you to share with other mature single mammas. Just keep ignoring the fact that the local pastor wont leave his wife for you as he know that you are a reject bread to only be eaten secretely in the dark. grin grin grin

Are you 14? undecided

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by tonychristopher: 12:25am On Jan 14, 2015
randsandnaira:
I am in my late 30s and i met the lady of my dreams early this year. The lady seemed to be into me, and then, the big question came. She asked for my age and then i told her. The moment i did, she freaked out.

She is in her late 20s and tolD me the age difference is too much for her to handle. I persuadeD her that it doesn't matter but she wasn't persuaded. As it were, I'm so worried cos i truly care about her.

Please advise me on how to win her heart. I'd appreciate mature response. Thank you.

Let her go
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by InvertedHammer: 2:15am On Jan 14, 2015
/
She dated you. She now knows your real age and has some concerns. I don't believe it. She is just not all that into you. So just move on.

Or succinctly put, you are not successful yet. That's why.

\
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by ameenahz(f): 6:41am On Jan 14, 2015
@randsandnaira, personally, I will be worried if a man who is in his late 30s wants my hand in marriage too. An average Nigerian man at that age will either be married (probably wanting a second wife for whatever reason) or divorced. Are you truly single? If yes, Why are you still single? Or is there something she knows that you have not told us? Baby mama(s) ish? A teenage kid somewhere from a first marriage? Most ladies don't like men with baggage such as that. She is probably scared that you just want her as a past time for mid life crisis (sorry, just saying)
If there are no skeletons in your cupboard, do your best to convince her that there are none. And if nothing works, maybe she is not just that into you. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by SStoneCCold: 8:11am On Jan 14, 2015
OP, pls leave her alone and move on already. From experience, this woman is the type that will cheat on you with her age mates later in life.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by bayaar(m): 8:35am On Jan 14, 2015
The age difference is quite OK. She shouldn't be freaked out by ur age if she really loves you. Talk it out and everything's gonna be fine.

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Elinob(m): 9:31am On Jan 14, 2015
Am 23 by age but am dating 24 yrs old girl but anything wrong with that?
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 14, 2015
Elinob:
Am 23 by age but am dating 24 yrs old girl but anything wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with it except any of you feel it is an issue. You should talk to her to know how she feels about it but really its just a year no biggie IMO.

@op Age is like any other difference in a relationship sometimes its tribe, religion, and even stuff that others might consider not a big deal. Its a big deal to her, you need to respect that and back away she may come round and she may not. She has a right to want what she wants which may not be what You want. As much as you like her she may not be the one for you sowwie.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Elinob(m): 9:55am On Jan 14, 2015
But am not the only one she nan but I want to withdraw myself from her to afford problem
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 14, 2015
Well, if you wish to be persistent, assure her that the age difference will not pose a problem and that you wont treat her like you are her father or uncle. I hope you will respect her wishes and goals if they are different from yours.

Try to see if you both have similar goals. If the age gap is affecting how you both see things and the differences between you two are too much, then you will know that she is somewhat right about her fears. If that happens, then you would have to let her go.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Juell(m): 10:51am On Jan 14, 2015
Men getting married in their late 30s is becoming a normal thing. Most i can say not by their doing, so pls stop saying "what has he been waiting for? " cos i tell u most men wld love to marry early.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boobs Gang: If You Have A Gf And This Girl Offers You Free Sex, Would You Cheat? / My Fiance Is A Virgin / How Do I Solve My Big Dick Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.