Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Flow And Snow - Literature (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Flow And Snow (174975 Views)

Melting Snow. / Out In The Snow. / The Sun In The Snow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
MightyFortress, MaziOmenuko (where you dey now? When lasti asked, i was told to relocated to Bauch State), Ishilove (thank you for the vote, and the birthday compliment too), Neduzze5 (my brother that year)
HumbledbYGrace (from way back), Hunnydropps(f), Bobbystanley
(m), Freiburger(m), FozzieBear(m), Hadeehart101(f), missstella, Genea, Olusharp,
eppysold(m), luscioustrish(f), LarrySun (A writer like me), Nobody (i like you moniker, you fit borrow me?)
supernet4(f), cdamsel(f), sunriseb, liusimbs(f), Eveluv, jayhans, Niwdog,
Lolaabokoku(f), precyluv(f), Coolval222(m), Chinachriss, mistytohcute, GeneralQuamdeen,
specialguest(f), Ojiematthewgg, Whizkay(m), Graphy(f),jendox,
olashas(f), kelmich(m), Tascocent(m), Trypa (you try pass), marioking, Tochiilo(m),
Samueldona(m), folowo(m), petokey, Idowuogbo(f), adamskutty,otkx, Deeeebie, Bravoe (Bravo bro),
BIGVAJINA(f),highbeetohbadt, Psalmwise, senjo, brize (oga boss) toykathy, kingphilip, Livingwalker, horpe132, adegwurulez,virtuous900, waistaa, Bunsky, 4kizo, jonsnow92, Rajy00, seuncyber, ritababe, follyshade, Emperortj93 (chairman), Emmykul4love,chingy74 (senior man) pcaliphate,ultraawesome, Emmeritus (i dey feel you), peterswagg, spawnx, Madawaki01 (you travel?), yemi2plus, chistar01, trinityo42, texanomaly (my former wife, thanks for the birthday compliment), Francuiz, Tgold1, dazzy4real, donifez(mehn i miss this guy), plainmirror, emmadejust, odunharry, AmiableJay, Double194, smith403, foxy_flow, ERF, Tobiee, CallMeFemi, DeCritique, Ask4bigneyo, prettythicksme, chuzor73, Kunle106, Darus05 (you dey try forme die),ezeigbo194, saxwizard Vyolet, Midehi, Omotayor123, kwhiz, popeferd, jendox, Edwardhead, dexterush, lilwheezy1.

Five minutes more cry cry cry cry cry cry

Plsssss vote for flow1759 https://www.nairaland.com/2403058/mr-nairaland-contest-2015-final
Re: Flow And Snow by Rounakid(m): 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2015
Helo my Gud people of Litteraturelanders, as flow1759 tori don dey finish, i no want make una stop to dey laff, datz why i invited all of una make una come follow my thread and continue lauqhin...
KUTTY AND THE GHETTO, IS THE STORY YOU WOULD'NT REGRET FOLLOWING, i take God and Flow beg una, make una dey comment and datz how u turn on my engine to samma una sweet updates.
Here is the link : https://www.nairaland.com/2358538/kutty-ghetto-story-rounakid-kutty

2 Likes

Re: Flow And Snow by EndiaSami: 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
Audinowing:
Flow baba. I salute your prowess in writing. I pray this talent takes you to a level you have never imagined.

But wait o Flow; U no come tell us wetin later happen to "man wey the reason" for the ashawo house again abi him die there ni? what of biggie wey the sell oil? hw una take conclude the bunkery runs

Please view
https://www.nairaland.com/2163896/building-incomplete-it-lacks-these
Re: Flow And Snow by eROCK247(m): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
Flow doesn't want to write again...
Re: Flow And Snow by Rajosh(m): 10:53am On Jul 04, 2015
finally I'm through with the story. happy birthday in arrears flow
Re: Flow And Snow by chinedumo(m): 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
See as una take disappoint flow?
E gud?

The thing pain am o.

Make everybody package apology letter.

Una for use 'mr nairaland' compensate am for all his efforts in story writing.
Re: Flow And Snow by donifez(m): 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
Oga flowey Happy birthday oga mi,Although this message is coming late..i saw ur mention and also voted for you in Mr nairaland contest(Time is a single continuum) You played your part.

i also finished your story, You wont stop wowing me...E don tey i see you for that other joint ooh.
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 10:36am On Jul 06, 2015
I thank you all for reading this piece. God bless una wellu-wellu.

I am not perfect, yet in my imperfection, you still followed my story keenly.

You walked with me.

Yes you walked with me

Whenever i erred, you still stood by my side and walked with me.

You walked with.

Yes you walked with me through thick and thin.

Through rain Forest and through Desert, you still kept fate.

Through Amala and Fufu you still held me strong.

Even through the time of darkness and in light, you walked with me.

In Tempest and in calm, you walked me.

At some point my feet failed me, you lend me a leg.

Ab initio you walked with me.

From "Barrack boy" when i was a boy, to "Man wey dey reason" when i turned man.

And like an Igbo boy that i am you liked me.

When it snowed you all flowed with me.

Beyond words you are my Numero uno.

I love you all.

I will be back pretty soon with another bombshell.

But before then,

Still I Flow.

PS: To all that voted and supported me during the Mr Nairaland 2015 contest, I thank you all. God bless
Re: Flow And Snow by ideatoprince18(m): 11:23am On Jul 06, 2015
Mr Flow u are just too good....I followed all ur story as a guest.....and I can say it was too hilarious.... I caught my self laughing aloud even in odd places like church...it made people question my sanity... ur story made me n my girlfriend break up because she claims I don't show her d affection I show to my phone.....buh when I showed her ur story it turned d oda way round........NW OGA FLOW I av joined nairaland because of you.......PLEASE DO UPDATE ANOTHER STORY OR ELSE WHAT HAPPENED TO NORTH KOREA WILL HAPPEN TO YOU.......much love bro u are simply day best!!!!!!
Re: Flow And Snow by jayhaywhy(m): 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
[quote author=flow1759 post=35541246]I thank you all for reading this piece. God bless una wellu-wellu.

You walked with me.

Yes you walked with me

You walked with.

followin like zómbíé
Re: Flow And Snow by kasmail(m): 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
flow1759:
“Flow now wey your man don win election as president, wetin you go do for all of us na?” Bush shaker asked at GBS one afternoon.

“me? Wetin I go do?” I said.

“yes na? wetin you go do for us na?” Godwin said.

“all of una dey crase oh! Shey Buhari na my Papa?”

“You no go celebrate am?” Fix Something said.

“I go celebrate am na!”

“I wan celebrate am with my birthday, after inauguration!” I said.

“which one be inauguration again?” Junior asked.

“Inauguration na when Inno get Ogo wey be like decoration” Snow explained.

I so much loved Snow's explanation; just that Innocent the younger brother to Utoro was “Ogoless”, His head was as flat as my Nursery black board.

“But Inno no get Ogo na?” A f’oolish Junior asked.

Talk of the devil, then came the devil’s elder brother.

“Utoro doro dey! Good evening sir!” Fix Something hailed.

“eeh! My people! How una dey?”

I know by now you are wondering why Fix Something greeted Utoro as "Sir", Well it is simply because Fix Something at 32, Utoro was old enough to be his father.

Yet he mingled with boys and girls younger enough to be his sons and Daughters.

Daughter! Utoro’s daughter was out of this world.

goddess from up above!

Black berry!

The type Tupac called, “the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice, the darker the flesh the deeper the roots”

I will never forget the day I paid Utoro an unwarranted visit just to see his daughter again.

If you see a tattoo in my palm, know it is as a result of what happened the day i visited.

I sat outside admiring the breathtaking beauty of the backside of Nse Utoro’s daughter while she cooked outside.

Whenever she bent down to blow air into the fire, I strained my neck to just get a glimpse of what she wore inside, just a glimpse and nothing more, save Utoro noticed where my eyes were focused and planked my head as he planked Fix something’s on Christmas day because he saw him hugging his daughter in the dark.

The Afang soup she warmed was done and it remained to bring down the pot from the fire.

“Don’t worry Nse, I will help you” I offered, “such a beautiful girl like you shouldn’t be doing that yourself”

I no know who send me message oh.

“use the rag!” She offered me a rag.

“never mind, I carry hot things with bare hands, and they wouldn’t hurt me” I said.

“my hands are made of leather” I teased.

Even leather is burnt when a certain amount of hotness comes in contact with it.

My rather dull brain told me that since it wasn’t some 10 minutes she place the pot on the fire, the pot handle might not be that hot, and since I had been practicing carrying a pot down on bare hands at home whenever I cooked Noodles, I could also do it for Nse who I claimed to crush on.

“don’t hurt yourself!” She warned, “use the rag!”

“never mind! I can do it”

Like my brain contained salt water, I walked to the fire stand, and like an “Ewu Gambia” I stretched out my hand to grab the pot handle.

“wooop!” I thought I saw my hand melted.

As a big boy, I no wan f’uck up, because na Bleep up if say tears comot for my eyes. So I pretended the pot was as cool as ice.
M

“comot for road!! Comot for road!!” I rushed to where she said I should keep the pot.

“not there! Its here!” She pointed at a place farther.

Like plastic in fire, I saw my hands melted after I dropped the pot.

What a life sef?

“sorry oh! Sorry!” Was all that ended it, she couldn’t even give me a taste of the Afang Soup she warmed, or called me aside and gave me a taste of the Afang soup warming in between her legs. Or better still, offered me both as an award for my f'oolishness.

Utoro had never stopped to sing song of praises that his three daughters are all v’irgins.

I oftentimes told him I was a v’irgin too, that if me and her daughter Nse marries, our Honeymoon will be in V’irgin island, and our first child will be a girl, we will name her V’irginia……… And I think I will take V’iagra that night before having sex with her to add to the Vs.

“una dey hear wetin dey happen for this Nigeria so?” The Information Minister said.

Utoro is our information minister, no gainsaying that. He oftentimes feed us with more wrong information that right ones.

“them wan plan to kill Buhari oh” He said, “Them wan poison am!”

That was like a fire to my spirit.

“you say wetin?” I was by the day becoming a fanatic to the man Buhari.

“who wan poison am?”

“na Jonathan and Obasanjo na”

What combination?

Like pouring a handful of sand into a cup of Ijebu Garri.

“Utoro you dey talk nonsense oh!” Bush shaker said.

No respect to a man old enough to be his father. Well, Utoro caused it all, “when an elder allows little children to play with his s’crotum, he should expect that someday they will demand it for meat” goes an adage.

Na me form that adage wey I just blow so oh. I just form am now-now. Creativity things na!

“I no know why you sabi pass wrong information oh!” Snow said, "where you dey get them this information from sef"

“ne true I dey tell una na, I read am for paper this morning” Utoro said

“na lie abeg!” Bush Shaker said.

“see, I know say I dey sabi give una wrong information, but this one na correct information, I swear!”

My fellow parliamentarians rained abuses on Utoro, but I did not join them because I was sure I might as well be insulting my father in-law to be.

Junior too did not join them. Maybe because Utoro's wife sold groundnut to him for free. Or maybe not.

“Flow! You go follow me go church this evening?” Junior asked

Since I really needed Jesus lately, and since the request came from a first class sinner like Junior, I answered saying “yes!” without thinking.

“na by 5, e go soon start” Junior said, “make we go dey prepare na”

As we walked home to get prepared for church, it instantly dawned on me that Junior is a Jehovah’s Witness, and we were going to a Kingdom hall.

A church I never liked.

This thing long sha.... d time u use to write this could be better spent.... smh
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
kasmail:

This thing long sha.... d time u use to write this could be better spent.... smh

spent doing what??
Re: Flow And Snow by Iyke1998(m): 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
donifez:
Oga flowey Happy birthday oga mi,Although this message is coming late..i saw ur mention and also voted for you in Mr nairaland contest(Time is a single continuum) You played your part.

i also finished your story, You wont stop wowing me...E don tey i see you for that other joint ooh.

Pls wheRe can I read the complete story?
Re: Flow And Snow by donifez(m): 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Iyke1998:

Pls wheRe can I read the complete story?
He shares all his story here, click on his name then click on the topics he wrote on,you will see more intriguing stories.
Re: Flow And Snow by scentmarlc(m): 6:51am On Jul 09, 2015
flow1759:
Dear Readers,
How una dey? it's me again, the writer of the block busters: "Barrack boy', "Ibo boy wey like Yoruba", and "Man wey dey reason". Am here with yet another block buster titled "Flow and Snow. I pledge to do my best in updating as often as posibble. i welcome both constructive and destructive criticism (ishilove i miss you). i will do my best like i said, with an aim of making this story the best story in Literature section this year 2015. So help me God.
Yours Ever Fowing,
Flow1759.
PS: Any name of persons or places mentioned in this story is not a fiction of the writer's imagination, it is real. So bear with me as i will do my best to make a little alteration in names of persons and places for reasons best known to me. So help me God.

Na yu ooooooocheesy
Re: Flow And Snow by leosmaria(m): 8:15am On Jul 09, 2015
flow1759:
I thank you all for reading this piece. God bless una wellu-wellu.

You walked with me.

Yes you walked with me

You walked with.

From "Barrack boy" when i was a boy, to "Man wey dey reason" when i turned man.

And like an Igbo boy that i am you liked me.

When it snowed you all flowed with me.

Beyond words you are my Numero uno.

I love you all.

But before then,

Still I Flow.

PS: To all that voted and supported me during the Mr Nairaland 2015 contest, I thank you all. God bless
flow so na u be dix longst tym
Re: Flow And Snow by Deluxewize(m): 11:20am On Jul 09, 2015
Flow forever you flow & still I follow the flow

Hope this will compliment my not voting for you in your just concluded tournament,was just busy;

I expect you to come back soon as your ardent readers will always keep the hope alive..

One love,still you flow;still we follow...
Re: Flow And Snow by Ezeebube2(m): 7:08am On Sep 02, 2015
edogho:
I duff hat 4 d guy wey make me register for nairaland....

Tho' I no flow with "Man Wey Dey Reason" when u dey write am o, but when I read am finish, come read dat "Ibo boy wey like Yoruba" and "Barack boy", I know say Flow na really Flow.

I don reach here o, abeg update Xo I go flow with u dis time...

Exactly bro. I read flow's Barrack boy and Igbo boy wey like Yoruba as a guest here bt immediately he began Man wey de reason, I had to sign up on Naira land in other to comment cos I was wowed. na 4 flow story I sabi say no be only love fit lift person 10 ft off d ground
Re: Flow And Snow by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 02, 2015
Floweey e don tey o;hw u dey na?
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 6:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
Ezeebube2:

Exactly bro. I read flow's Barrack boy and Igbo boy wey like Yoruba as a guest here bt immediately he began Man wey de reason, I had to sign up on Naira land in other to comment cos I was wowed. na 4 flow story I sabi say no be only love fit lift person 10 ft off d ground

I Love you all my fans.

I need your vote on this short story i wrote so i can make to the finals. pls......... cry cry cry
Here is a faction of my entry for the mobilebookshelf write and win competion. Read and enjoy!

Enjoy and vote pls.

THE MASTER
Captain Odache is the kind of Army officer that wears a gloomy look all the time, worst of while sleeping. His face? Well, his face could make a smiling baby cry. The stands six foot plus, huge, shoulder high, hardly smiles except when he hangs out with his friends to drink his favorite local brand “Brukutu”.
Anyone that hasn’t heard of “CO” in the cantonment could be pardoned for two reasons; one is that maybe the person is hard of hearing, or maybe the person is deaf out right.
“CO” is a lyric that sends shivers down the spines of inhabitants of the cantonment. He uses few words, works hard but drinks harder, better put; he is married to the bottle. In drums, his wife stores her tears every night because she couldn’t hold them back.
Mrs Helen Odache is the most dexterous Nurse in the cantonment’s Medical Response Service; a hospital for military personnel living in the cantonment, she loves her job as much as she loves her husband, but in turn, her husband loves “Booze” more than he loves her.
Festus met Helen his beautiful wife while he was in training as a cadet. The point of contact came when Festus sustained a major injury in training ground and was rushed to the clinic in camp. Helen took good care of him, fed him well, and made sure he never missed his drugs; little did she know that that same man would propose to her six months later after being commissioned as an Army Officer.

Eight years in marriage yet no Issue, Helen Odache held strong and was fervent in prayers. She so loved her maker that she was appointed the “Maama” of Christian Mothers Association in the Catholic Church, the same church her husband attends services only during Easter Sundays.
The Man Captain Festus Odache pledged to serve his beloved nation in sickness and in health, in lack and in riches, in weakness and in strength, till death path he and his job.
And that he was able to achieve so far Ten years in service.

Helen Odache wasn’t the best of wife to her husband, but she pledged to be the best to her children yet unborn if CO would let her. On nights CO decides to return early from his “drinking school”, Helen was beaten Blue black and at some other time Red blue. Misty eyes, she cries every night to heaven, but it seems heaven frowns back at her.
When they met back in the training camp Festus and Helen got so fond of each other that Festus “Frog jumped” almost every night because he was always caught chatting at a corner with Helen. At some point the punishment swayed to Helen who was suspended from taking care of cadets for two week and later on banned from the camp out right.

What pregnant Helen longed for was for the fetus she carried to see the light.

THE WORD
Lieutenant Colonel Musa Gambo commandant of 421 battalion that was stationed in Yolo Military cantonment where CO was the administrative officer as well as the self acclaimed “field officer”, was a dogged commander, his kind was indeed a hard nut to crack.
CO aside being the Admin officer of 421 battalion crowned himself the Field Officer of the cantonment; a position that before CO never existed.
“Attention!! At ease!” Lieutenant Colonel Gambo commanded parade himself that morning.
“It has been brought to my attention that some Officers go about extorting money from inhabitants of the cantonment and brutalizing them!” Lt Col. Gambo’s voice was loud enough and could be heard by all.
CO stood eyeballing and if wishes were Horses he would had wished a bulldozer ran over Lt Col. Gambo as he spoke.
“I will advise all involved to desist, and anybody caught would be punished, Officers inclusive! Am I clear?” Lt Col. Gambo ended his long sermon.
“as if you can!” CO said to himself.

As CO sat in his office he thought what he would do next to take over power from Lt Col. Gambo; a man he hated with a passion.
“what have I not done to put this Gambo of a boy to shame and render him powerless?”
“what have I not done yet?” CO said to himself, “he seems to be a hard nut to crack”
“I know what to do next!”
“If Adolf Hitler can do it, Yes I can do it” The assured himself as he stared unending at the portrait of the Adolf Hitler hung on the wall.

“morning sir!” Corporal Sabi saluted.
CO turned with a frown, “yes! What have I to do with you?” His thoughts blurred his eyes that he couldn’t see clearly to figure out who stood in front of him.
His mind returned and his first clear sight saw “Corporal Sabi” inscribed in the name tag hung in Sabi’s chest.
“Morning Corporal Sabi! Sit down!”
“any development?” He couldn’t wait for Corporal Sabi to settle.
“Yes sir! There is a development!” the nodding style of Corporal Sabi told CO that the development was negative.

ONE FOR THE MASTER, ONE FOR THE BOY
Earlier, CO had promised his “boys” good reward for their labour so far, and he had assured them lucrative positions should he become the cantonment commandant.
His boys, spare headed by Corporal Sabi has been responsible for extorting money from shop owners in the cantonment’s general market known as Mammy Market. Amongst their numerous mischiefs is receiving of bribe from dealers of illegal wares sold in the cantonment.

“where I is going?” Dogo yelled at an old woman about to enter the cantonment.
Dogo, a rather comic character in the cantonment was forty percent of the time always on duty manning the cantonment gate. He was the kind of soldier that couldn’t even spell his name not to talk of another person’s name, yet they gave the obligation to always call out roster of soldiers on duty to man the cantonment gate. Widely gap toothed yet always smiling, a slap from Dogo could make the one that received the slap confess the earth wasn’t spherical but square.
“going?” The rather surprised old woman lost words.
“no! coming!” Dogo yelled, “where I dey go!!”
“I” to Dogo meant “you” eighty percent of the time, and that confused the old woman that seems to be new in the cantonment.
“I say where I is go?” Lt Col. Gambo had warned severally that all Soldiers on duty must always speak good English. To obey that singular command was such a herculean task to our Dogo. The draconian punishment for defaulters when caught was to be locked up in the Military guard room. Dogo since enlisted in the Army has never spent a second in the guard room not to talk of a night; he has promised we would never be locked up in the guard room, not for breaking any law.
“I?”
“yes! Where is I going to?” Dogo erred confidently.
“I….I…… I” The old woman stammered.
“Talk!!!” Dogo thundered.
“I…….I….. I is going to sell for market” She spoke pidgin English.
“sell wetin?” Dogo yelled, “I think is all of una go to the market to sell Indian head abi?”
“me?”
“yes you! Are you not a Indian head dealer?” Our Dogo erred again.
“which one be Indian head again? See my head here na!” The rather confused old woman said.
“Oya I want to see your bag!” Dogo dragged the heavy sack the woman carried from her head.
“there is nothing there!” The woman returned.
“will you leave that old woman alone!” A voice was heard from afar.
The fearless Dogo turned to see who the “bloody civilian” was.
Bloody civilian the person was indeed; but more powerful than the dreaded Dogo.
“Morning ma!” Dogo saluted.
“Ma I just searching her bag!”
“ehennnnn! was that why you almost pushed her down?”
“no ma! I did not push her down!”
“common shut up! So I am lying now!”
“yes ma!” Dogo answered without thinking, “I mean! No ma!”
“will you leave her alone!”Aishatu, Lt Col. Gambo’s wife ordered.
“Madam please come let me drop you off” Aishatu offered.
Few hours later CO arrive the cantonment gate with so much pageantry, then he headed for his office after signaling Dogo that he needed to see him.

“morning sir!” Dogo saluted.
“Dogonyaro!! Sit down!” He beckoned, “how was today?”
“today was fine sir! But something happened………..”
“……that reminds me, has Corporal Sabi recovered from the ailment that struck him?”
“yes sir but he was giving two days off to recover well!” Dogo announced.
“haaaa! Two days is too much fa! Can’t he recover within 24 hours?” CO frowned, “who signed his off days?”
“Captain Udeme sir!” Dogo answered.
“ehnnnm! Udeme! That boy again!”
“ehennn! What did you say happened today?” CO asked.
“oga is Aishatu Gambo the commandant’s wife!”
“what happen to her? Has she carried out her threats?”
“she saw me in the gate disciplining a woman, and she shouted at me for me to leave the woman, and I tell her say the woman carry Indian head oh!”
“ehnnnen! Dogonyaro! Dogonyaro!!” CO smiled.
“yes oga!”
“which one is Indian head again?”
“indain head oga!” Dogo looked surprised, “don’t you know Indian head? That thing that all this small-small boys use to smoke”
“Dogo!” CO face changed gloomy.
“sir!” Dogo giggled lightly.
“come closer, I want to tell you something!” CO sounded casual.
As Dogo drew closer to CO, a thundering knock landed on Dogo’s head.
“aaaahh!! sir wetin I do?”
“you must be stupid for asking me that!”
“How many times will I tell you it is not Indian head but Indian hemp?”
“Indian heeeemppp!” it was a mouthful for Dogo.
“thank you for the correction sir!”
“so what did Aishatu do?”
“she said I should leave the old woman, that I am a stupid man!”
“really?”
“yes oga!”
“what did you do when she insulted you!”
“me? Oga I no do anything oh, she be commandant wife na!”
“and so what?” CO stood up abruptly.
What Dogo awaited was for another knock to land on his head, so he positioned well.
“oga I am just a Lance Corporal na! I no want make them sack me comot for Army!”
CO thought for a while and said: “don’t worry I know how to handle that woman!”
“so how much did you and the boys get today?”
“Oga e no plenty oh!” Dogo brought out the content of his pockets.
“how much?” CO needed to know.
“Is Forty thousand Naira sir!”
“what? Just Forty thousand naira?” CO frowned, “what have you been doing since morning?”
“sir many shop people no gree pay the gate-pass money oh!”

“lemme have it!” The frown in CO’s face turned smile on feeling the texture of the money.
“oga as Corporal Sabi no dey nahim make we no too make money today!”
“so Sabi must be around before you make good money?”
“yes sir! Sorry I mean.. No sir!”
After counting the money, CO said; “today the money you delivered is small, what do you want me to give to you in appreciation?”
“anything sir!”
“ok you know me na!!” He split the money.
“One for the Master……..”He pocketed a greater bulk of the money with him.
“…… And one for the boy” Giving Dogo the few left.

THE PLOT
CO did all he could to render the efforts of the cantonment commandant useless, sometimes he failed and at other times he succeeded. Lt Col. Gambo on his part knew who his enemy was yet he stayed put; the best he could do was to forward letters to the Army secretariat for CO to be posted out of the unit and very far from Yolo cantonment. All these letters were either ignored or not delivered at all, Lt Col Gambo’s best bet was that since CO’s Cousin was the chief of Army staff, CO’s consent needed to be sought after before he is been posted anywhere.

Weeks Later
“I think when I work out my posting to Saduna for peace keeping, you will go about sleeping with your numerous boyfriends without fear of been caught!!” CO slammed the door to his house after beating his wife Helen mercilessly again.

Months Later
“guys I was posted to Saduna for peace keeping!” CO announced as he and his friends sat drinking.
“really!” Abdul a Major was surprised.
“CO! CO!! I know when you return you be a really big boy” Amos a Captain said.
“no be small big boy oh! I will be paid in hard currency! You know as my cousin is the chief of Army staff, I am not going to Saduna to do anything” CO said, “I am going there to drink, chase after girls and club!”
“hahaha! You be correct jor!” Abdul laughed.

Three Months Later
Saduna was not as easy as CO thought it to be, he commanded a battalion of Paratroops that monitored from the skies for rebels attacking. His commander Major General Lawal was so draconian with anything that had to do with CO making him do the most herculean of tasks.
CO’s plan was that he was coming to Saduna to cool off, that peace had returned to the country; little did he know that the rebels were attacking full blown. CO was not the type that read the tabloid he would had known that two weeks before the troop landed in Saduna, the Rebel broke. But again, what was he to do? His name was already out at the Defense head quarter amongst those to be sent on peace keeping to Saduna in September.

Two Months Later
Back home rumor had it that the almighty CO was dead. Market women and shop owners jubilated and threw party in celebration of the falling of a mighty Iroko tree; the only tree a tough wind couldn’t toss.................................................. Continue reading here http://mobilebookshelf.com/one-for-the-master-and-one-for-the-boy-by-eke-ugochukwu-peter-flow1759/

And vote here! http://mobilebookshelf.com/poll/

You vote this way:
1. Like our facebook page (by clicking on the like button or visiting the page directly www.facebook.com/mymobilebookshelf )
2. Vote for any three authors of your choice by checking three names and click “vote”
3. Fill the contact form, then submit.

Thats all! Thank you!!! wink

STILL I FLOW
Re: Flow And Snow by Escapevelocity(m): 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2015
things you should avoid
1.reading flow'z stories(ushers go kari u go prayer warrior dept for deliverance)
2.reading flow'z stories in a brt(u go pass ur destination)
3.readn flow'while in the toilet(d place go dey convenient sotey u go lie down)
4.readn flow'z while askd by ur mom to watch over jollof on fire(the rice go burn sotey una go sniff am for nose)
5.readn flow'z stories while stuck in traffic(traffic go pass u no go knw )

Sai flowz sai sai #gej
#grins i stick to my jonny i mean jona
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
Escapevelocity:
things you should avoid
1.reading flow'z stories(ushers go kari u go prayer warrior dept for deliverance)
2.reading flow'z stories in a brt(u go pass ur destination)
3.readn flow'while in the toilet(d place go dey convenient sotey u go lie down)
4.readn flow'z while askd by ur mom to watch over jollof on fire(the rice go burn sotey una go sniff am for nose)
5.readn flow'z stories while stuck in traffic(traffic go pass u no go knw )

Sai flowz sai sai #gej
#grins i stick to my jonny i mean jona

Thumbs up!
Re: Flow And Snow by edimahgurl(f): 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2016
winkI love u peter,u made me smile again..you're smply amazing
Re: Flow And Snow by yorhmienerd(m): 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
Cool write up
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Cool write up

Thank you! Another story comes December 16th.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flow And Snow by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 02, 2017
Flow you made week, permit me to use that word.

Thumbs up as you continue basking in creativity, intelligence and most of all your sense of humour.
Re: Flow And Snow by ceedarlin1(f): 9:45am On Mar 31, 2017
The guy flow (with Audrey timms and mazi)Dt his story brought me to nl .love your use of words, more grace.... #StillIfollow .

Please vote for my baby in the cusson baby moments pls your votes can Mk a difference Tnx you http://www.cussonsbaby.com.ng/campaign/cbm4/gallery?q=Giovanni+obi
Re: Flow And Snow by Born2winnx: 9:51pm On Apr 13, 2021
I pass on this story..

Struggled to page 13 and got tired.

Too many countless flash backs...not the flow vibes I use to get
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 6:06am On Mar 09, 2022
08032607611 if you need me for a writing job
Re: Flow And Snow by Bukolaberry(f): 11:07am On Mar 09, 2022
flow1759:
08032607611 if you need me for a writing job
Ha oga flow after how many years, your stories made me love nairaland and a registered member and ops you disappeared, welcome back.

Still I flow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply)

A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story / Friday The 13th-Assassins Creed / The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.