Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997027 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hmmmmm de is really dulling me, I funded my blocked acc on thur, paid by someone directly in Germany into my blocked account. Since then am yet to receive confirmation from db. Hv done my interview on d 24th of July. I already requested for extension from my school. Deadline is 1st of sept, yet to hear bk frm school
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tayoslayer(m): 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hi guys, can someone in the UK who is an EU citizen stand as guarantor? I would normallly rummage through the thread but I need to respond to a willing sponsor as soon as possible.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
hollaytan:
Hmmmmm de is really dulling me, I funded my blocked acc on thur, paid by someone directly in Germany into my blocked account. Since then am yet to receive confirmation from db. Hv done my interview on d 24th of July. I already requested for extension from my school. Deadline is 1st of sept, yet to hear bk frm school
My friend, it is too risky not to have funded until when you did. Did you receive a message from the embassy asking you to fund after your interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
blessingayokunl:
Thanks to Almighty God.Just finished my interview now.All nairalanders, I hail ooo.D information being dropped here is so helpful.Everything just went on smootly
are you going for msc or bsc? If bsc did you write any test?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
loriaidah:
Is it very important to write ielts before applying for admission in Germany? Academy or General ?
What is more important is that you read this read from beginning dear. You will arm yourself with good information.
Then for the IELTS, "academic" is more appropriate.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
Union Bank is quicker less stress. But may not be as cheap as Fedelity and Starling Bank.
blessingayokunl:
Planning to fund my DB account now.pls which bank is cheaper GTB or Stanbic IBTC?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
Feeling betrayed by Fidelity Bank....
When I've been a very strong advocate for them on this thread...

PISSED!!!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
victz:
Union Bank is quicker less stress.

True, but currently one of the most expensive. Someone once said first bank is 231..it is not true only that their process is cumbersome, the rate as at Friday was 223.6. After showing this yeye first bank evidence of payment of semester fee (a friend in Berlin helped in paying) they still decline my application because my name was not shown on the receipt (my friend paid directly from his account) but reference number corresponds. I got so annoyed and transferred all my money to another account. Meanwhile, Madam Adeola said they now have funds. I intend zooming back to Fidelity to finally do the transaction. Bremen has given me a letter to show cost of living in Germany.
#Teambremen, those that are yet to fund their account can pm me, I will forward you the letter as it is a general letter and addressed to whom it may concern.

Congrats to all those that got their Visa. i envy una oo. lol..Enough visa were issued last week Friday, I know three peeps we did interview same day with also got theirs same day but they are not on NL.
As it is now, the funding seem to be the most tedious of this process. I am sure we will all scale through. Cheers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 5:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
I almost had similar experience with Fedelity too. I transferred my money out of annoyance from Fedelity to Union Bank. And Union Bank carried out the transfer and i got confirmation from Deutsche Bank in less than 4 days with less stress. I even got 18Euro extra because Deutsche Bank sent a credit entry confirmation of €8,058 instead of the required €8,040
Obiwannn:

PISSED!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
Union Bank charged me NGN228.50K per Euro as at last week
scofield03:

True, but currently one of the most expensive. Someone once said first bank is 231..it is not true only that their process is cumbersome, the rate as at Friday was 223.6. After showing this yeye first bank evidence of payment of semester fee (a friend in Berlin helped in paying) they still decline my application because my name was not shown on the receipt (my friend paid directly from his account) but reference number corresponds. I got so annoyed and transferred all my money to another account. Meanwhile, Madam Adeola said they now have funds. I intend zooming back to Fidelity to finally do the transaction. Bremen has given me a letter to show cost of living in Germany.
#Teambremen, those that are yet to fund their account can pm me, I will forward you the letter as it is a general letter and addressed to whom it may concern.

Congrats to all those that got their Visa. i envy una oo. lol..Enough visa were issued last week Friday, I know three peeps we did interview same day with also got theirs same day but they are not on NL.
As it is now, the funding seem to be the most tedious of this process. I am sure we will all scale through. Cheers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
victz:
Union Bank charged me NGN228.50K per Euro as at last week

Okay, but its still high.... Good news everyone EURO has fallen small.lol to 216.5 according to CBN selling rate. So make hay while the sunshine
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
Obiwannn:

PISSED!!!
A friend got debited by Fidelity today. Why are they doing this to you. I guess you didn't present that document indicating the amount to be paid. God will see you through bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
ogagaejay:

My friend, it is too risky not to have funded until when you did. Did you receive a message from the embassy asking you to fund after your interview?

Yeap i did
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adexhat(m): 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
hollaytan:

Mein bruder, you need to make haste with whatever you need do. Don't wait for the school to reply, try to call their international office to find out the status of you deferral request. Then if possible u can tell the person that made d deposit into db acct to follow up.

Sent you a PM

Alles gute
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
Oye50:

A friend got debited by Fidelity today. Why are they doing this to you. I guess you didn't present that document indicating the amount to be paid. God will see you through bro
Pls could you confirm from him how much he was charged per euro. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
hollaytan:

Yeap i did
OK man, go to the bank's website, locate "contact" click on it, type you account details email and any other details required here. You will not be able to type the last three digit of your account number but don't worry. I believe if the money has been paid the bank will reply within 24hours with the confirmation details in pdf format. It happened to me and the bank reply almost immediately with the detail

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
^^^^^^^^^^^
Excellent tip! Thumbs UP!

Oye50:

I was also debited...but at a freaking rate of 224NGN to 1EUR when their website shows N222, and google rates as at the exact time I was debited was NGN220. After delaying me for almost 2 weeks...me just de vex ni...dem neva even collect their charges. When they do, I de go transfer all my remaining money (if any would be left sef) straight to Stanbic.

Modified: Them don collect their charges....approximately 13,500. Quite fair sha.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
Union bank exchange rate is very expensive these days, nawa o
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
ogagaejay:

OK man, go to the bank's website, locate "contact" click on it, type you account details email and any other details required here. You will not be able to type the last three digit of your account number but don't worry. I believe if the money has been paid the bank will reply within 24hours with the confirmation details in pdf format. It happened to me and the bank reply almost immediately with the detail

I have massage them using the contact form since morning am yet to get a reply
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 6:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
Adexhat:

Mein bruder, you need to make haste with whatever you need do. Don't wait for the school to reply, try to call their international office to find out the status of you deferral request. Then if possible u can tell the person that made d deposit into db acct to follow up.

Sent you a PM

Alles gute

Thanx bro, pm replied
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
hollaytan:

I have massage them using the contact form since morning am yet to get a reply
It usually takes 48hrs to get a response weneva u contact deutsche bank... Just relax
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 7:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
Pls who has used StanbicIBTC recently? Could u tell us how much u were charged per euro? We may hav to review this our ranking of Fidelity as d cheapest.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 7:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
Obiwannn:
^^^^^^^^^^^
Excellent tip! Thumbs UP!

I was also debited...but at a freaking rate of 224NGN to 1EUR when their website shows N222, and google rates as at the exact time I was debited was NGN220. After delaying me for almost 2 weeks...me just de vex ni...dem neva even collect their charges. When they do, I de go transfer all my remaining money (if any would be left sef) straight to Stanbic.
I'm happy to hear that boss but what I see to this thing is the law of demand. I think the heavy demand of euro at this point is gradually leading to its scarcity hence the higher price. To ppl that haven't done the funding, don't be surprise that other banks won't offer (rates) any better
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
oligee:

Pls could you confirm from him how much he was charged per euro. Thanks.
N223.9 to 1 EURO
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
Oye50:

I'm happy to hear that boss but what I see to this thing is the law of demand. I think the heavy demand of euro at this point is gradually leading to its scarcity hence the higher price. To ppl that haven't done the funding, don't be surprise that other banks won't offer (rates) any better

hehe..Fidelity still seems the cheapest as of today..What I am trying to imply is that had they not tarried this long, I would have saved around 20 to 30k. I filled the form A on the 5th of August. Then Euro was 218/219/220 NGN at almost all banks. A far cry from the 224NGN I was charged today.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
yusufftaiwo:

It usually takes 48hrs to get a response weneva u contact deutsche bank... Just relax

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ayeopare(m): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
futurewise11:

Bremen ahead of tubingen?mouth sealed.
hi, i am also going to Bremen. But hochschule bremen.What course are u admitted for?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
It's like everybody is going to bremen.. I see a Bremen post almost every time.. Even the two students I know in Germany are in uni bremen hmmmmmm.. There should be something about this bremen.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
Oye50:
N223.9 to 1 EURO
Okk! Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by seek4yemi1: 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
I Dont know why interview in Nigeria is very difficult some times,I had an interview at the German Consulate here in Dubai yesterday is was as simple as ABC the lady asked how may i helped you,i told her im here for an interview so,she took my form and relevant documents entered all on system she told me to have my sit,at the end she called me back and asked me why Germany,then i told her due to Blabla bla bla,i even added my Certificate of employment here in UAE and my business card,she typed it on system then i did my finger print,we started gisting abt Lagos Naija cos she told me her dad have a bizz partner in Lagos i paid my visa fee,Then I kalas,If you are applying for Msc degree they dont question you that much but as for those applying for BSC or Diploma courses,they ask dem so many questions cos some of them cant even express themselves and not everyone of them speak English here,they have to be very sure if he/she is matured enough for the journey,the interview is not as tensed as Naija own o,cos the interviewer herself gan dey give those who where interviewed b4 me some expo. [quote author=twinkle1 post=37024146][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
seek4yemi1:
I Dont know why interview in Nigeria is very difficult some times,I had an interview at the German Consulate here in Dubai yesterday is was as simple as ABC the lady asked how may i helped you,i told her im here for an interview so,she took my form and relevant documents entered all on system she told me to have my sit,at the end she called me back and asked me why Germany,then i told her due to Blabla bla bla,i even added my Certificate of employment here in UAE and my business card,she typed it on system then i did my finger print,we started gisting abt Lagos Naija cos she told me her dad have a bizz partner in Lagos i paid my visa fee,Then I kalas,If you are applying for Msc degree they dont question you that much but as for those applying for BSC or Diploma courses,they ask dem so many questions cos some of them cant even express themselves and not everyone of them speak English here,they have to be very sure if he/she is matured enough for the journey,the interview is not as tensed as Naija own o,cos the interviewer herself gan dey give those who where interviewed b4 me some expo.

Well interviews are not meant to be killing.. I guess different embassies have different styles.. The german embassy in naija just wants to really know your intentions.. Just prove your case..

There were TWO Guys during my interview that didnt know JACK about Germany and even their modules..
It was I and LMUHOPEFUL that had to tell them German states, Chancellor nd so so..
In our minds we were 'like seriously'
One of the guys that studied in Russia said that during his interview they don't do any drilling when he applied to Russia .. But I just hope he did well..

So in short german embassy In Nigeria will ask u relevant questions sometimes drill you..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
scratch that "my opinion". what you said was absolutely correct.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.