Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996448 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 8:26pm On Feb 05, 2016
skindoc:

Why is it going to be hard these days for people that are intending to use letter of sponsorship?

Cc:Eke. Honourableseyi

I never said so. I came here with a letter of sponsorship, so what am saying is that if you have already funded you account then there is no need for letter of sponsorship.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by skindoc(m): 8:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
uchezdedon:

I never said so. I came here with a letter of sponsorship, so what am saying is that if you have already funded you account then there is no need for letter of sponsorship.

I see. I was wondering
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
dprinz99:
Please can some one enlighten us on student life in Hamburg?
the school in applying to is actually ideal but I wanna know abt student life in the city.
example,cost of living,accommodation,job prospects,social life,their semester ticket.
I've learnt that Berlin is the best while Munich is bit expensive.please I actually wanna know more abt Hamburg cos I have Hamburg in mind while my cousin is telling me to come to Munich.

I can't answer your questions, but I want to tell you something else, Irish pub in Reperbahn is fun. I will visit Reperbahn during summer. The fun I caught there the last time is still fresh in my memory.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 11:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
skindoc:

Why is it going to be hard these days for people that are intending to use letter of sponsorship?

Cc:Eke. Honourableseyi

Its a two way thingy.. You really need to know the said person one-on-one.. Also, this person vouching for you has to trust you to the brim. Sponsorship letter means whenever you default or go wrong, your sponsor will be held responsible. so alot of cautions have to be made.

Back to the embassy, they will ask you series of personal questions about your sponsor which you need to strongly defend. If the embassy accepts your explanations, the alien office might find one fault or the other which may dent your visa application process.

Moreso, If you intend using sponsorship, be ready to carve out a certain amount of money for your upkeep.(around 3000-4000 euros). This money will likely sustain you for the next couple of months. Even though your sponsor may still help with some cash... your first 2 months in Germany will be spending spree/galore... (Semester ticket, Housing, Kaution(deposit), visa extension, city registration, food, internet, recharge card, e.t.c). coupled with the fact that you'll be trying to settle down with studies and all.. My brothers and sisters, It aint easy...

I will strongly advise anyone going for studies to use blocked account.. even if you borrow, you will surely pay back with time.. The alien office needs just an email confirmation from Deutsch Bank for the processing to be completed. As for sponsorship, series of checks will be carried out on your sponsor which sometimes delays visa processing. e.g Tax payment, insurance, number of dependent(s), salary (he must make above 2500 euros), police report, and other checks.

If you have the money or any means of getting it. try hard and you will be glad you did.

Uber Alles

Gemeinsam Sind Wir Starke !!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 11:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
dolpaz:

Its a two way thingy.. You really need to know the said person one-on-one.. Also, this person vouching for you has to trust you to the brim. Sponsorship letter means whenever you default or go wrong, your sponsor will be held responsible. so alot of cautions have to be made.

Back to the embassy, they will ask you series of personal questions about your sponsor which you need to strongly defend. If the embassy accepts your explanations, the alien office might find one fault or the other which may dent your visa application process.

Moreso, If you intend using sponsorship, be ready to carve out a certain amount of money for your upkeep.(around 3000-4000 euros). This money will likely sustain you for the next couple of months. Even though your sponsor may still help with some cash... your first 2 months in Germany will be spending spree/galore... (Semester ticket, Housing, Kaution(deposit), visa extension, city registration, food, internet, recharge card, e.t.c). coupled with the fact that you'll be trying to settle down with studies and all.. My brothers and sisters, It aint easy...

I will strongly advise anyone going for studies to use blocked account.. even if you borrow, you will surely pay back with time.. The alien office needs just an email confirmation from Deutsch Bank for the processing to be completed. As for sponsorship, series of checks will be carried out on your sponsor which sometimes delays visa processing. e.g Tax payment, insurance, number of dependent(s), salary (he must make above 2500 euros), police report, and other checks.

If you have the money or any means of getting it. try hard and you will be glad you did.

Uber Alles

Gemeinsam Sind Wir Starke !!!

Well said. I also think the delay in using letter depends on the city. My visa was processed like others (4 weeks). It is also very difficult to see someone who is willing to get you a letter of sponsorship without knowing you very well, But also you can also be favoured just the way God favoured me.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sugarbate: 12:08am On Feb 06, 2016
Schwartz:

Please I need some advise. I intend to visit Germany for a 3days conference and workshop . I am getting an invitation from the university, please what are my chances of getting a visa for the conference. Also what do I need to know before going for the interview.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 12:20am On Feb 06, 2016
Rayhut:
For those that are in Nigeria hoping to come to Germany and make money while going to school,it is very difficult, just stay back in Nigeria because if you come here, you will drop out of school and at the end of it you may not get the money because those that are working full time pay upto 35% tax and by the time you pay house rent and feeding the money will remain small.We don enter am be say we don enter am no come join us unless if your condition is so bad in Nigeria, if not you will join us to wail. By the time you pay working tax from 19% to 35%,television and radio tax, insurance,house rent, feeding, all the money don kaput

The total German tax is actually 15.7% and not up to all d figures u put up. This 15.7% include d summation of ur health insurance called Kv -Beitrag abt 8% , ur pension contribution called PV-Beitrag and ur tax called RV Beitrag. I was in Aok office today to discuss abt my health insurance and all these was explained to me in details. D good thing is once u start working full time, u don't pay d bulk of ur monthly health insurance premium alone again as ur employer pays 9%, u pay 8% which is deducted straight from ur salary and d govt pays d rest . I went dia with d mind of cancelling my contract cus of d high 171€ monthly fee but was told no need cus a company I started working for in January registered me not as a student but as a full time worker meaning all I need to pay is 8% of wateva I earn even if na 50€…

See as belle sweet me today
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 12:38am On Feb 06, 2016
nevilbot:

The total German tax is actually 15.7% and not up to all d figures u put up. This 15.7% include d summation of ur health insurance called Kv -Beitrag abt 8% , ur pension contribution called PV-Beitrag and ur tax called RV Beitrag. I was in Aok office today to discuss abt my health insurance and all these was explained to me in details. D good thing is once u start working full time, u don't pay d bulk of ur monthly health insurance premium alone again as ur employer pays 9%, u pay 8% and d govt pays d rest . I went dia with d mind of cancelling my contract cus of d high 171€ monthly fee but was told no need cus a company I started working for in January registered me not as a student but as a full time worker meaning all I need to pay is 8% of wateva I earn even if na 50€…

See as belle sweet me today

Lucky u... grin cheesy

Govt pays d rest ..if ah hear...u pay the balance 7.5 % while ur employer contributes the balance....

Then pension contribution 18% (9% employee and 9% employer )or so of ur gross income...

Unemployment insurance 3% (1.5% employee and 1.5%employer)of ur gross income

Nursinf insurance 2.5% (1.175% employee and balance employer) of gross income

Church Tax....abt 1% or so...

VBL

Income tax insurance then depends on ur tax class...this is the only deduction that varies(depends on class) the rest is fixed...as a young guy (single) u prolly will contribute btwn 38-40% of ur gross income.....

http://www.gtai.de/GTAI/Navigation/EN/Invest/Investment-guide/Employees-and-social-security/the-german-social-security-system,t=allocation-of-contributions,did=6730.html

But as a student u wnt pay such taxes if u earn less than 800 euros durin sch term and for holiday jobs there is a tax waiver..other than that...forget it u must contribute all dat stuff there.

Well the system is well structured! And there re loads of benefits.

All d best pple.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Souljaboi1: 8:12am On Feb 06, 2016
ishokunleyahoo:
I read your comment about using NIPOST, AM PLANNING to use NIPOST in Kano after certifying my documents in abuja, pls how reliable is it?... Thanks

If you're still in Abuja, just send it from there. There is no functional NIPOST at the Aminu Kano Airport. Sending from their office might cost you more and most likely still delayed.

On a lighter note, which school is that. Most applications ended in January.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 9:29am On Feb 06, 2016
Happy birthday to Honourable Seyi.. wishing him LLNP !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 9:46am On Feb 06, 2016
Cindino20:

Lucky u... grin cheesy

Govt pays d rest ..if ah hear...u pay the balance 7.5 % while ur employer contributes the balance....

Then pension contribution 18% (9% employee and 9% employer )or so of ur gross income...

Church insurance ....abt 1% or so...

VBL

Income tax insurance then depends on ur tax class...this is the only deduction that varies(depends on class) the rest is fixed...as a young guy (single) u prolly will contribute btwn 38-40% of ur gross income.....

http://www.gtai.de/GTAI/Navigation/EN/Invest/Investment-guide/Employees-and-social-security/the-german-social-security-system,t=allocation-of-contributions,did=6730.html

But as a student u wnt pay such taxes if u earn less than 800 euros durin sch term and for holiday jobs there is a tax waiver..other than that...forget it u must contribute all dat stuff there.

All d best pple.

u only pay church tax if u tell them u are a christian wen u went to get ur tax class. i told them i am a Jehovah's witness and i dont belong to any of their nominal churches so y will my money be taken to fund wat i dont belive in. so they put me under no religion class and i dont get to pay to fund dia churches
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lakesidepapa(m): 9:55am On Feb 06, 2016
Ahhh. My boss@Honourableseyi. Happy birthday to u bro. Long Life And Prosperity In Uplifting and With Great Value. Wa last bi first bank.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 10:35am On Feb 06, 2016
nevilbot:

u only pay church tax if u tell them u are a christian wen u went to get ur tax class. i told them i am a Jehovah's witness and i dont belong to any of their nominal churches so y will my money be taken to fund wat i dont belive in. so they put me under no religion class and i dont get to pay to fund dia churches

my oga , how far naa....? I just dey fill your update ooo... kudos bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 10:37am On Feb 06, 2016
Cindino20:

Lucky u... grin cheesy
Church insurance ....abt 1% or so...
VBL
All d best pple.
cindino how far naa? Nice update !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 11:28am On Feb 06, 2016
sonyville:

cindino how far naa? Nice update !

I bam like bama...when u dey ball in now?...come collect small cold before winter finish grin cheesy
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 11:30am On Feb 06, 2016
nevilbot:

Yea u re right ...I think its only R.K and evangelical christains that pay kirche steuer.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BYACHEM: 11:36am On Feb 06, 2016
adeboye1000:

Yes,Use black pen.I applied for blocked account yday too.Make sure ur doc is complete.2 filled deutche bank application forms(u must not fill 10,11,12,13),2 copies of admissn leta,2 copies of d data page of ur Intl pasport and 4,400 naira.U don't need any coloured fotocopy and u do not need paspot fotograph.Make sure u re dere as early 7am.
Good day bro, Am new in the house. Please will like to make some enquiries or better still clarification. On the DB block account form what will I write for disposition sum , also for no 10,11,12 will I write the date and town/city? Kindly clarify. Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BYACHEM: 11:38am On Feb 06, 2016
Good day All, Am new in the house. Please will like to make some enquiries or better still clarification. On the DB block account form what will I write for disposition sum , also for no 10,11,12 on the form will I write the date and town/city? Kindly clarify. Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tiofat: 11:42am On Feb 06, 2016
Pls I need enlightenment on fund transfer into my block account. We all know the restrictions on foreign currencies in Nigeria now. Thanks for ur anticipated info
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
Tiofat:
Pls I need enlightenment on fund transfer into my block account. We all know the restrictions on foreign currencies in Nigeria now. Thanks for ur anticipated info

Oga, the question you asked have been answered some 3-5 pages backward. you should cultivate the habit of reading some few post backward.. Trust me, you will never regret it.

For blocked account funding, Go to any bank.. preferrably Union bank, Stanbic bank, access bank, fidelity bank, zenith bank and sterling bank.

Union bank charges higher than other bank but transfers between 5-7 working days max while other banks takes more or even lesser days.

Just go to any of the banks and inquire about Form A transactions for Invincible goods and services

Regards !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BYACHEM: 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
Eke40seven:

You were not properly guided, when filling the Deutsche Bank blocked account opening form, never, I repeat never fill a German address, it makes it automatically null and void or at least incomplete. Google your area's postal code, you will find it.
Good day bro, Am new in the house. Please will like to make some enquiries or better still clarification. On the DB block account form what will I write for disposition sum , also for no 10,11,12 will I write the date and town/city? Kindly clarify. Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BYACHEM: 1:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hello House,

Please will like to make some enquiries or better still clarification. On the DB block account form

1. PAGE 3.... Address supplement c/o

2. what will I write for disposition sum ?

3. Also for no 10,11,12 will I write the date and town/city? Kindly clarify. Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BYACHEM: 1:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
Tiofat:
Thanks all. I got confirmation of my block account today. Pls what is the next step after funding the account number

Please will like to make some enquiries or better still clarification. On the DB block account form

3. Also for no 10,11,12 will I write the date and town/city? Kindly clarify. Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
BYACHEM:

Leave c/o blank.

Dont fill the deposision sum....u only fill if its different from 8040euros.

Fill in the date u plan to submit d form at the embassy ...town/city....Victoria Island will do....dont sign u will sign infront of V.O.

Note :Make sure u re using the updated form with tax Id (Tax questions).I ve no idea what u will fill in this column tho'

All d best.

Stop spammin the thread bro

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olusmarth(m): 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hello rooms. , p p p a Shegen visa to Italy pls how easy is it to cross to Germany? As i'll be going very soon.....
justwise:
Please continue posting your Q&S here, Part 1 is now 480 pages and too long to read through for many people.

Part 1 is here for reference purposes: https://www.nairaland.com/676173/german-embassy-visa

Thank you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BYACHEM: 2:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
Cindino20:

Leave c/o blank.

Dont fill the deposision sum....u only fill if its different from 8040euros.

Fill in the date u plan to submit d form at the embassy ...town/city....Victoria Island will do....dont sign u will sign infront of V.O.

Note :Make sure u re using the updated form with tax Id (Tax questions).I ve no idea what u will fill in this column tho'

All d best.

Stop spammin the thread bro

Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
olusmarth:
Hello rooms. , p p p a Shegen visa to Italy pls how easy is it to cross to Germany? As i'll be going very soon.....

You can travel from Italy to Germany without any prob because they are both schengen countries.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JustCare: 2:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
Good day guys, it's been a while...over a year now. Is anyone in the house eyeing any science undergraduate course admission for next year? I want to identify with such persons.

Eke40seven and Cahnellven I lost your Nigerian mobile contacts which i usually use to reach you guys on whatsapp, please how do i get your contact now? my mail address is browmbest@gmail.com
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by royaldok: 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
Is there anyone currently living in or have information about life in Aachen? Information with respect to availability of jobs and cost of living would be appreciated.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
lakesidepapa:
Ahhh. My boss@Honourableseyi. Happy birthday to u bro. Long Life And Prosperity In Uplifting and With Great Value. Wa last bi first bank.

dolpaz:
Happy birthday to Honourable Seyi.. wishing him LLNP !!!

Thanks bosses for making my day. God bless you richly

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.