Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium (52073 Views)

Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account / Governor Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium For Campaign / Panic As Presidential Guards Shield Jonathan From Gun Salute Drama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Reference(m): 6:35am On Jan 18, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Governor Amaechi is acting within the law

The stadium is not yet completed. A president with a so called PhD should know the health & safety implications of conducting a campaign in such a venue.

Unlike him and his cronies, the APC will not endanger the lives of Nigerians like he did with Immigration recruitment exercise. The APC values the lives of Nigerians.

The PDP can campaign on the streets like they have been doing so far.

In your haste you didn't read the part where it said your party has used it twice already. Even if work was still going on it will have been more dangerous then Mr. APC agent.

My take on these petty squabbles is simple. You simply reap what you sow. Two double terms of unbridled 'PDP in power' has set the stage for this. Even people now wish to return to Egypt and Pharoah Obasanjo when they see a very different President. It is the all-action APC that has cashed on this. Once more civility suffers but since people are so hungry, Pharoah appears a decent chap after all....and the viscious cycle extends.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by cole265(m): 6:42am On Jan 18, 2015
AreaFada2:

You know Atiku has many marabouts (babalawos) according to OBJ. Some of them from other African countries sef. Spell wouldn't be strange. Otherwise, how can a failed dictator, thrice rejected 72 years old (possibly football age sef) will start exciting people? What's he gonna offer now that he wasn't trusted to have ability to in 2003, 2007 & 2011? A man so rigid with poor people skills that he was kicked out by his underlings in only 20 months. And he got no clue of it. Nor had anyone in his circle to save him. ORIGINAL CLUELESS.

Only difference I see is that he now uses Rivers State money to dress in different ethnic group attires & uses SW media propanda machine. Packaging & repackaging. Dazall. grin.

If he wins sef, he will revert to his rigidity and narrow world view, keep Tinubu, Boi-boi Danfo driver Amaechi and others at armslength, start relying on Majority Northern NASS members (who will naturally close ranks) to scuttle any impeachment moves orchestrated by Tinubu & co.
I dey laff o.

It is not voodoo...no bi juju at all. you no what the magic and secret of the love for Buhari is,...it is the hatred for GEJ as a result of his association with corrupt individuals, bad leadership, disregard for human lives, misrule, etc

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by CzarChris(m): 6:46am On Jan 18, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

The stadium is not yet completed. A president with a so called PhD should know the health & safety implications of conducting a campaign in such a venue.

Unlike him and his cronies, the APC will not endanger the lives of Nigerians like he did with Immigration recruitment exercise. The APC values the lives of Nigerians.

You well at all? So amechi & APC have the license to endanger people's lifes having used that stadium twice.
I don't think you know,but that your stup!d statement above is actually an indictment on the APC for violating safety regulations.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by ddefoe: 6:50am On Jan 18, 2015
noblezone:

If what you have spewed here is true, then Jonathan is legend!
It means we can now correct the horrible mistake of the criminal called Luggard

Long Love Biafra.
Long live ND Republic.
my brother if the article is true, Jonathan need not to have bothered himself contexting this election, he would have outrightly gone ahead with it. We need to be careful what we write on socia media
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 18, 2015
patrickmuf:
Some folks just come online and spew thrash, when Buhari came to calabar, Imoke refused to grant the APC permission to use the UJ Esuene Stadium, guess what? APC didn't complain, the party went ahead to use a secondary school field...
In all, what is good for Buhari is also good for GEJ... Shikena!!!

Is buhari the president or commander in chief? we are talking about the president and commander in chief here. even if you dont like his adminstration just keep quite and use ur pvc. we are busy supporting trash that will come back to hunt us.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Reference(m): 7:01am On Jan 18, 2015
talk2rotman:
There is too much conscious or unconscious coddling
of graft by this President. If former Head of State, Gen.
Ibrahim Babangida, believes that his administration
should be considered an angelic being regarding
corruption compared to Jonathan’s, then this
administration must be the unrepentant Lucifer of
larceny and a dashing baron of daylight robbery that
ever existed in the annals of Nigerian history. We all
remember Babangida and his men. When the President
said that corrupt government officials will not see the
four walls of a prison under his authority, it was an
announcement that depraved minds will always have a
free pass with him. Incarceration of those adjudged
corrupt, Mr. President, is a very powerful deterrent for
those who steal public funds.

My dear it doesn't deter anything. If you want to use Buhari as a case study the facts are: there were scandals immediately they introduced the import restriction regime (or whatever it was called). If you were an importer and you had to see this person and that person it involved heavy bribery and several cartels in rice, cement, wheat similar to what we have with the fuel subsidy thing. The customs went haywire and many of the billionaire ex-customs officers were born then.

I admit this government has done next to nothing in tackling corruption in any way but if you think it will die down because a 'select few' are jailed then abeg lower your Buhari fuelled expectation. Nothing fundamentally changed in 1983-85. Nothing changed during the PTF years. The carparks and offices of Afri-projects resemble that of say NDDC today, like the floor of the stock exchange, trading contracts, privileges and rent seeking.

At the end of the day if he gets into power your excuse (and this is as certain as a central bank cheque) we will have heard before and it goes like this. 'IT IS NOT BUHARI THAT IS CORRUPT, BUT THE PEOPLE SURROUNDING'....when you see that things still do not work.

The change you seek is in collective values for the common aspiration of all Nigerians. Jail may deter the undecided. They don't change the criminal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by jpphilips(m): 7:04am On Jan 18, 2015
childish of Amaechi, Is Jonathan a Rivers tax payer?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 18, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Mehnn u are a funeral. Did u even read the post before commenting?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by oweman: 7:09am On Jan 18, 2015
[quote author=DenBosch post=29884241]Hello great nairalanders pls i need your financial help to solve to problem which is been affecting me since d turn of the year...I need this cash to get my academic life bk in shape(Shelter)... There's no business i could venture in that would yield maximum return at this moment, beside am in sch nw and i have very limited time to work.. The money i need is #20,000 to settle my bills..Any financial help would be greatly appreciated...May God bless and reward u all.[

FREE ADVICE

go to your state sectariat of the pdp tell them your situation and how you need cash from either the stolen oil money or from the campaign fund .
Just do as you are told and you will be pleasantly amazed at the rspond .
GOOD MORNING ALL .
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by nwosueugeneken: 7:20am On Jan 18, 2015
pay back time jonathan stoped amaechi not to enter ekiti during ekiti state governorship election

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by jpphilips(m): 7:22am On Jan 18, 2015
Reference:

My dear it doesn't deter anything. If you want to use Buhari as a case study the facts are: there were scandals immediately they introduced the import restriction regime (or whatever it was called). If you were an importer and you had to see this person and that person it involved heavy bribery and several cartels in rice, cement, wheat similar to what we have with the fuel subsidy thing. The customs went haywire and many of the billionaire ex-customs officers were born then.

I admit this government has done next to nothing in tackling corruption in any way but if you think it will die down because a 'select few' are jailed then abeg lower your Buhari fuelled expectation. Nothing fundamentally changed in 1983-85. Nothing changed during the PTF years. The carparks and offices of Afri-projects resemble that of say NDDC today, like the floor of the stock exchange, trading contracts, privileges and rent seeking.

At the end of the day if he gets into power your excuse (and this is as certain as a central bank cheque) we will have heard before and it goes like this. 'IT IS NOT BUHARI THAT IS CORRUPT, BUT THE PEOPLE SURROUNDING'....when you see that things still do not work.

The change you seek is in collective values for the common aspiration of all Nigerians. Jail may deter the undecided. They don't change the criminal.

At what point will an adult like you, (ie if you are one) speak with facts?
You people sound so empty that I have stopped blaming poor education for it, I blame the quality of brain most of you were born with.

Buharinomics refused to take foreign loans exactly what is killing Jonathan today, as a result, we ran short of foreign exchange.
Imports was taken over by government who in turn allowed dealers to buy from Govt, people who hoarded govts imports to push prices were severely dealth with.

I am sure a dumb soul like you don't know that the Banks cannot store or save FOREX past 2weeks now under Jonathan.

In the end Naira remained apar with the dollar and inflation flattened at 5%.
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by AreaFada2: 7:27am On Jan 18, 2015
cole265:

It is not voodoo...no bi juju at all. you no what the magic and secret of the love for Buhari is,...it is the hatred for GEJ as a result of his association with corrupt individuals, bad leadership, disregard for human lives, misrule, etc

Did you witness Buhari's regime?

When he was head of state, I met him briefly at a university campus. He said all the good things. But he had a repressive regime. No press freedom. A close relative/journalist got harrassed & sacked just for investigating govt shinanigans. Nobody dared to write about his regime.
What we know now about GEJ's govt is due to press freedom. Some true, some fabrications.

Terrorists just killed people in France, so it's global. Iss, Al qaeda etc. Yes in France, there's much mourning. But remember, in France, you don't set people on fire in the street for stealing chewing gum or gsm. Doctors in France don't need police report/permission to treat gunshot wounds. We the people are guilty of disregard for human life too, not only govt. People collect & take bribe for school admission, employment, special exam centres, etc.

We as individuals must first come to equity with clean hands.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Uncletony(m): 7:35am On Jan 18, 2015
papercoin:
Jonah is too gentle sha, permission kor permeable ni
I'll enter the stadium in a grand style nd let heaven fall.

U just made by saying it all.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by gp6liveth(m): 8:17am On Jan 18, 2015
Amaechi be careful. APC came to bayelsa and Dickson granted them Samson siasia stadium. So pls don't play politics with what does not belong to you.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by size38: 8:22am On Jan 18, 2015
Which stadium do they want to use? But Nyesom wike and his group claimed governor Amaechi did not build any stadium. That he Amaechi is using rivers money to sponsor APC and Buhari. If they are looking for where to campaign, they can go liberation stadium. For d new Adokiye Amiesimeka stadium, no access for now because they will destroy everything Amaechi has done there.
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by bcjpevo: 8:31am On Jan 18, 2015
The situation is just btw Amechi and State PDP chairman.

National PDP chairman yet to be involved. When the real drama unfold president will exercise his right.
Just wait nd see.
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 18, 2015
Amaechi is a man, you guys should watch and see in 2019, Buhari will handover to Amaechi, so ss don't worry power is coming back again, but GEJ is not the right one. He will win this election if he (GEJ) will divorce his wife and take another obedient woman because PEJ is the source of his problem.
Buhari till PEJ learn her lessons
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by cole265(m): 8:54am On Jan 18, 2015
AreaFada2:

Did you witness Buhari's regime?

When he was head of state, I met him briefly at a university campus. He said all the good things. But he had a repressive regime. No press freedom. A close relative/journalist got harrassed & sacked just for investigating govt shinanigans. Nobody dared to write about his regime.
What we know now about GEJ's govt is due to press freedom. Some true, some fabrications.

Terrorists just killed people in France, so it's global. Iss, Al qaeda etc. Yes in France, there's much mourning. But remember, in France, you don't set people on fire in the street for stealing chewing gum or gsm. Doctors in France don't need police report/permission to treat gunshot wounds. We the people are guilty of disregard for human life too, not only govt. People collect & take bribe for school admission, employment, special exam centres, etc.

We as individuals must first come to equity with clean hands.

How much of proper thinking and act do you expect from the common citizens when pple in government steal billions and flaunt it without recourse or consequence whatsoever. GEJ government those not model any sense of responsibility for the citizenry. So much frustration for those who even attempt to be upright when you listen to stories of the aviation minister, fuel subsidy, can 20 billion etc.

You talked about france and the activities of other terrorist group world wide. But you should notice the concert of these government towards the issue while Nigerian president failed to visit, commensurate and even did not belive the kidnap of the Chibok girls initially.

You also spoke about Buhary as a military head of state 30 years ago! Haba! The man has grown mentally and physically.
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 18, 2015
[quote author=oweman post=29893327][/quote]
Goodmorning Sir, i would have explored d option but d political situation here in oyo state especially ibadan is too intense for that.. Thanks
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by overlord77: 9:20am On Jan 18, 2015
mrborntodoit:
Sign of political immaturity ,amechi should grow up and stop acting like a f#ag angry

The dork is a f#ag, haven't you noticed the way he does that his stupid dance during campaigns. The dude irks me. All them Nigerian politicians are complete empty beings.
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nten: 9:27am On Jan 18, 2015
How i wish jonathan was Nyesom wike. all those gra gra were ameachi dey do na him 4 use him own nose smell him nyash by now. Jona too gentle abeg!
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by lomprico(m): 9:28am On Jan 18, 2015
Truckpusher:
That's the problem with you devils on a horse back AKA janjaweedd you guys actually lack wisdom.

How does an issue that has to do with Amaechi's refusal to grant the PDP access to the stadium showcases Jonathan as not being man enough and the problem in the North?

I want your answers and no matter how dumb ,give me one.
U see how fooolish u are? I gave u reason why he isnt a man now u are ranting whats d correlation. He is too weak n doesnt have the charisma fit for a president. And if ur stewpidity wont allow you see that, then I pity u. And for ur info am not an APC or that jihadist supporter. Am just saying Jona should act like a president who has power n authority for once.
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Truckpusher(m): 9:30am On Jan 18, 2015
lomprico:

U see how fooolish u are? I gave u reason why he isnt a man now u are ranting whats d correlation. He is too weak n doesnt have the charisma fit for a president. And if ur stewpidity wont allow you see that, then I pity u. And for ur info am not an APC or that jihadist supporter. Am just saying Jona should act like a president who has power n authority for once.
Your dumbness knows no boundaries.
continue in your stupidity ,I heard that it pays sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by lomprico(m): 9:32am On Jan 18, 2015
Truckpusher:
Your dumbness knows no boundaries.
continue in your stupidity ,I heard that it pays sometimes.
Truck pusher. Smh.
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 18, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Did you not read that the APC had used that same stadium several times for their campaigns? Or you just want to ignore that part?

Perhaps you were only reacting to the headline as a lot of people do, so I suggest you read the whole story before you drop your comment.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by dachpee(m): 9:43am On Jan 18, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

APC has used that same stadium twice, Governor fighting Mr. President, please bros you should not cry foul later ooo
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 18, 2015
spenca:

He said it is under maintenance "construction" therefore not available, he hasn't said you can't use it or you don't have a right to use it so take a chill n get another venue after all you chose not to use a stadium in Osun because you "wanted people to know how much osun people love the PDP " follow this way again and use the market once again for your rally .

Did you even read the whole report? It's either u decided to ignore the information found therein or you simply chose to take sides.

Allow objectivity and reasonableness to shape your future posts on Nairaland, that'll be a great accomplishment for you in public commentry.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 18, 2015
redcliff:

well, if its the state government who formally runs the affairs of the stadium and they rejected your proposal to use it, there is nothing you can do about it because it belongs to the state and not the FG.. Gej has not right over it.. Period!

I'm glad you said it belongs to the state. So the PDP members in Rivers state are not part of the state? Does the state only belong to APC members? Does Johnathan not have supporter who are citizens of Rivers state? Was the stadium built with Ameachi's personal resources or APC's finances?

Sometimes people need to be open-minded
and reasonable in their comments.

The fact is, there is clearly no excuse for this staggering uppity!!!
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by miky(m): 10:25am On Jan 18, 2015
Jona is too gentle for my liking, when was the last time you heard a Nigerian president ask for permission in a state? Please name 1? ?
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by spenca: 10:30am On Jan 18, 2015
joeboy03:

Did you even read the whole report? It's either u decided to ignore the information found therein or you simply chose to take sides.

Allow objectivity and reasonableness to shape your future posts on Nairaland, that'll be a great accomplishment for you in public commentry.

I think it's as simply as you lacking basic understanding of contextual writings for you. There can't be anything other than this
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:30am On Jan 18, 2015
I am not a fan of gej,but he is still the President so I think this is disrespectful.
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 18, 2015
lomprico:

So allowing ur citizens to be slaughtered everyday and doing absolutely nothing about it is democracy? Guy if I come n slap ur wife, beat ur kids and u do nothing about, YOU ARE NOT A MAN! And that ur wife n kids will leave you. That is the stage nigerians are now. MARK MY WORDS!

You guys keep saying "doing nothing", then I ask, what is the military doing in Borno, yobe and Adamawa? Why was a state of emergency declared in those 3 states? Why are military equipments and resources being deployed there at every other time? What is the reason for the purchase and delivery of cache of weapons and equipments recently by the FG? For what reasons were some members of the special forces sent for counter insurgency training in Russia? That soldiers are dying every other day fighting in these troubled regions, are they dying "doing nothing" or dying for nothing?

In all honesty, Does all these amount to "doing nothing" like u had earlier claimed? There is probably a lot of activity and action going on there that you and I who happen not to be in those region may not be aware of.

You may say enough is not being done, but never say "nothing is being done" cos that would be a total travesty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Fires 35 Aides In Osinbajo’s Office - Daily Nigerian / Photos Of Fayose Cutting Meat In The Kitchen / “We May Bend Our Rules To Clear Amaechi, Fashola, Others If…” — Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.