Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! - Literature (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! (152258 Views)

...Puns to get your brain juices flowing........(photos) / Life Is Short (no Pun Intended) - Ebook / Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
cool

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 10:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
wink

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by okabe(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2017
DaimlerBen:
wink
my own gf said from her calculations we don't have chemistry so we won't work out...well, I just laughed cos I figured she was probably bad at maths grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by smileshinz(f): 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2017
Staring at him intently, she took off her BRA slowly, with BRAzen boldness, like one from BRAzil. Then she knelt to take him in her mouth; the sound he made can only be compared to that of a BRAying donkey, as he closed his eyes in lustful prayer to Eros
Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by Decentpee(m): 2:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
Don't spell PART backward, it is a TRAP grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2017
I know this crazy guy who was infatuated, as it turns out he was mad in love
Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
(Boy toasting girl)
Boy: The word for today is "legs".
Girl: So what?
Boy: So, why don't we go back to my place & spread the word?

#MovieQuotes

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2017
Have you eaten in your dream?
That's food for thought.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by okabe(m): 12:45am On Aug 14, 2017
my doctor friend said you can differentiate a boy from a girl by pulling down their genes

11 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
I will polish the rim of my wheel.
That's lip service.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 12:34am On Aug 19, 2017
Cannibal: someone who's fed up with people.

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 12:43am On Aug 19, 2017
There's a theory that no two people see a colour the exact same way.
Does that mean that colour is a pigment of your imagination?

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by orimion(m): 1:08am On Aug 19, 2017
DaimlerBen:
There's a theory that no two people see a colour the exact same way.
Does that mean that colour is a pigment of your imagination?
yep, you really shouldn't trust your dyes!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by Ephort: 9:35am On Aug 23, 2017
Our president ran out of office because or rats. He has started his ""rat race" again; busy doing nothing".

I thought he was a cat of nine lives, how come he is running from common rats?

I'm not surprised that the undoings of the party loyalists have recently been RATified.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 24, 2017
Q: Who says sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me?

A: A guy who has never been hit with a dictionary.

Q: How do you make a fire with two sticks?

A: Make sure one is a match!

Q. Why did the banana go to the hospital?

A: Because he wasn’t peeling well!

Q: What’s the slipperiest country?

A: Greece!

Q: Why can’t you say a joke while standing on ice?

A: Because it might crack up!

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by okabe(m): 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
Epp me abeg, what do prostitute_s like more, pounds or pennies?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by Leovibes(m): 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hoes aint loyal farmers will be heading to the farm, but the are facing home.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by Eke40seven(m): 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
Anyone who wants to learn how to make good puns should listen to lil Wayne, he makes use of this tool well....

Check out this rap from the song, "Motivation" where Kelly Rowland featured him.

"Uh, girl I turn that thing into a RAIN-FOREST
RAIN ON MY HEAD, call that BRAINSTORMING
Yeah this is deep, oh, but I go deeper
Make you LOSE YOURSELF, and FINDERS KEEPERS
It go green light, go Weezy go
I like to taste that sugar, that sweet and low
But hold up wait, new position
I put her on my PLATE then I do the DISHES
She my motivation, I’m her TRANSPORTATION
Cause I LET HER RIDE, while I DRIVE HER CRAZY
Then I just keep going going, like I’m racing
When I’m done SHE HOLD ME LIKE a CONVERSATION Weezy baby"

Genius!!

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
Eke40seven:
Anyone who wants to learn how to make good puns should listen to lil Wayne, he makes use of this tool well....

Check out this rap from the song, "Motivation" where Kelly Rowland featured him.

"Uh, girl I turn that thing into a RAIN-FOREST
RAIN ON MY HEAD, call that BRAINSTORMING
Yeah this is deep, oh, but I go deeper
Make you LOSE YOURSELF, and FINDERS KEEPERS
It go green light, go Weezy go
I like to taste that sugar, that sweet and low
But hold up wait, new position
I put her on my PLATE then I do the DISHES
She my motivation, I’m her TRANSPORTATION
Cause I LET HER RIDE, while I DRIVE HER CRAZY
Then I just keep going going, like I’m racing
When I’m done SHE HOLD ME LIKE a CONVERSATION Weezy baby"

Genius!!
Yea. Vector, Yun6ix n Erigga play with words too.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 5:19am On Aug 25, 2017
WHIZKIDEFE:

Yea. Vector, Yun6ix n Erigga play with words too.
Also M.I & Jesse Jagz. I'm not so sure about Erigga.
There's this guy that raps in Hausa, do you know his name?
Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 5:21am On Aug 25, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 5:29am On Aug 25, 2017
Optimus is seven letters.
Optimus is Prime!

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2017
DaimlerBen:

lol have you being sleeping on erigga , Nigeria's sickest pidgin English lyricist?

mehn grab a chilled bottle of you fav and listen to this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxNXSM2p_LM

underrated misunderstood but not underpaid!
Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
DaimlerBen:

I guess you don't much about Erigga cos he isn't too popular compared to M.I, VEC n 6ix.. But if you listen to his tracks you'll understand wat i'm talking about. Just dat he flows in pidgin n he is very RAW.. I'll post some of his lines for you some other time.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by dsaintJ4Real(m): 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2017
Eke40seven:
Car puns

If you work with HYUNDAI, you will have to work on your ACCENT.

**referring to the South Korean car maker Hyundai and one of their product ACCENT and the way Koreans speak.

Permission to remember word the above smiley :

If you start work with HYUNDAI, you may have to go to work with an ACCENT.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
WHIZKIDEFE:
I guess you don't much about Erigga cos he isn't too popular compared to M.I, VEC n 6ix.. But if you listen to his tracks you'll understand wat i'm talking about. Just dat he flows in pidgin n he is very RAW.. I'll post some of his lines for you some other time.
rasojie:

lol have you being sleeping on erigga , Nigeria's sickest pidgin English lyricist?

mehn grab a chilled bottle of you fav and listen to this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxNXSM2p_LM

underrated misunderstood but not underpaid!
Shuoo! Erigga na my area boy oh.
What I mean is he doesn't use puns (not that I know of).
Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 1:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
I gave out my vacuum cleaner, all it was doing was gathering dust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
Q: Why did the orange stop in the middle of the hill?

A: It ran out of juice!

Q: What do postal workers do when they’re mad?

A: They stamp their feet.

Q: Why are the floors of basketball courts always so damp?

A: The players dribble a lot.

Q: What starts with E, ends with E and only has one letter?

A: An envelope.

Q: What is at the end of everything?

A: The letter G.

Q: What nails do carpenters hate to hit?

A: Fingernails.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 8:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
DaimlerBen:

Shuoo! Erigga na my area boy oh.
What I mean is he doesn't use puns (not that I know of).
smiles.. Na local one he dey use, listen well, you go decode

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by DaimlerBen(m): 8:54pm On Aug 26, 2017
White boards are remarkable.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by okabe(m): 1:46am On Sep 02, 2017
and that was how Cameroon came to Nigeria and it was FOUR NOTHING

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! by SantiRAMBO: 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2017
ShakurM:
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

You digg?

I like European food so I decided to Russia over there because I was Hungary. After Czech'ing the menu I ordered Turkey. When I was Finnished I told the
waiter 'Spain good but there is Norway I could eat another bite'.

My mum seems to be so perfect that i wonder whether the only poor trait she gat is a painted picture

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (70) (Reply)

Mr Right / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / Take Me As I Am - A Love Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.