Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,468 members, 7,954,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari (21145 Views)

Hours After El Rufai Grievous Sickness & Him Flown Abroad Was Reported – See His / Nigeria Can’t Afford Forex Demand For Students Studying Abroad – Buhari / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by oludashmi(f): 1:25am On Jan 19, 2015
The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Maj. General Muhammadu Buhari, has denied claims that he is terminally ill and has been flown abroad for treatment.

The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Maj. General Muhammadu Buhari, has denied claims that he is terminally ill and has been flown abroad for treatment.

He said the reports of his ailment is baseless and untrue and are shows of desperation from the PDP members.

“There were reports that I was to jet out for medical check-up yesterday (Saturday) but here I am. I was in Nassarawa and Benue states yesterday (Saturday) and on Monday, I will be in two states.

“On Tuesday, I will be in two more states. I sincerely don’t know how they got the impression that I was sick. I had a cold but it did not stop me from going through my schedule.

“How old are you, 50 years?” He asked a reporter. “I can tell you that if we go to the field, you will not stay as long as I would.”

When asked about the PTF investigation, he said, “That one has been cleared. There was no fraud in the PTF. Gen. Obasanjo recently answered that question; he confirmed that there was an investigation and the report was brought to him and there was nothing on the ground as far as my management and chairmanship of the PTF were concerned. The person who did the investigation as President cleared me.”

He was also asked about his educational background and allegations surrounding it.

He said, “I have contested three times under the same rules set by INEC (Independent National Electoral Commission) where there is a basic educational qualification you must have.

“I was allowed to contest all these elections because my certificate was in order and there were individuals that wrote to the United States War College and the college answered them and they were published in the newspapers.

“So, I really don’t understand this desperation or misinformation that is being passed around. They will do nobody any good because our minds are being taken away from the serious issues of corruption and incompetence by the PDP.”

Source: http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/im-fit-not-flown-abroad-buhari/

The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. General Muhammadu Buhari has denied media reports that he was terminally ill and was preparing to go abroad for medical attention. Buhari spoke to reporters at the Rivers State Governors’ Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja, on Sunday. Some Nigerian newspapers and on-line publications (The Punch not inclusive), in their Sunday editions; reported that the former military ruler was terminally ill and has been flown out of the country for medical attention.

He said the reports were orchestrated by desperate individuals seeking to use it to gain undue political advantage. The APC candidate also used the occasion to debunk allegations that his tenure at the defunct Petroleum Trust Fund was riddled with corruption.

According to him, his tenure at the PTF was thoroughly investigated and the report presented to the then President Olusegun Obasanjo who recently confirmed it.

Buhari said,“(a national daily) reported that I was to jet out for medical checkup yesterday but here I am. I was at Nasarawa and Benue states yesterday; tomorrow I am going to be in two states. “The day after tomorrow, in two more states. I am doing two states per day. How they got the impression that I was sick I do not know. Although I got cold and that did not stop me from going through my schedule.”

Commenting on medical documents purportedly confirming his alleged poor state of health, Buhari said, “I don’t know of this desperation. “The issue we are telling Nigerians is that of corruption in this country for the last16 years the PDP has literally destroyed this country. “This is the issue and what has my health got to do with that one, have I been sick on daily basis? And (that) document has been put on paper, on tweeter that I am sick and the ABU (Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital) said they are forged documents. This desperation is beyond my understanding.”
source: http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-denies-health-concerns-foreign-trip/

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by CCsurplus007(m): 1:36am On Jan 19, 2015
Good health to the General. After february 14, you would rest well in Daura Kastina

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:27am On Jan 19, 2015
Good health to you till the election is gone. I want you to see how oga Jonathan go take win the election. So good health Sai buhari

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by Purposeciti: 2:27am On Jan 19, 2015
This is quite hilarious,
This is getting funny and unlucky as the days are unfolding.
Gross mismanagement of information,
what sort of politics is this?
This is quite disheartening.
People,we'd do better if we start expanding beyond these kinds of politics.

33 Likes

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by neocortex: 2:28am On Jan 19, 2015
Are you sure "general" ?
We won't have another Yaradua

21 Likes

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by gambit10: 2:29am On Jan 19, 2015
PDP be giving us lamba....I am voting anybody aside GEJ ... Can't stand another 4yrs under dix guy

184 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by LuckyLadolce(m): 2:30am On Jan 19, 2015
Longlive My General grin

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by LordMecuzy(m): 2:31am On Jan 19, 2015
PDP Now enjoying the role as an opposition Party

163 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:31am On Jan 19, 2015
Sai buhari till... ...

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by raumdeuter: 2:32am On Jan 19, 2015
Another PDP lie exposed

They should come up with another one.

Maybe before weekend we would hear that Buhari has ebola or hiv

164 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:32am On Jan 19, 2015
Sai buhari. The people general. After febuhari when you might have kicked the man to otuoke you will rest. Wait am I dreaming?

41 Likes

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by Bifwoli: 2:32am On Jan 19, 2015
No you ain't fit GMB,you look old and unstable like the Gobarau Minaret.

Retire inside that famed minaret in katsina it has some health benefits.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by sabretoothh(m): 2:33am On Jan 19, 2015
Pdp tho grin

9 Likes

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by fabuloustee(f): 2:34am On Jan 19, 2015
We don't know whc story to believe now, I'll hope buhari is really in gud health

6 Likes

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by eye4eye: 2:35am On Jan 19, 2015
fabuloustee:
We don't know whc story to believe now, I'll hope buhari is really in gud health

Buhari was on tv tonight in Abuja hale and hearty. I wonder why anyone would believe anything that comes from PDP camp. Is this not the same Buhari they lied last week that he fell down and injured in Calabar?

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 19, 2015
Good to see there's someone updating even at 3am. This's the time I prefer nairalanding the most.

On topic: Even on his deathbed a politician would still tell lies. I'm not surprised.

#BuhariShowYourCertificates.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by bameyi(m): 2:36am On Jan 19, 2015
My general I will start fasting for you the Lord God is your health Amen

39 Likes

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by pacodas: 2:36am On Jan 19, 2015
Diversion tactics by PDP. There should be a Presidential debate.

24 Likes

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by jerflakes(m): 2:37am On Jan 19, 2015
[size=18pt]ALL TALK AND NO ACTION.

FORGET ALL THESE EXCUSES OF PAST ELECTIONS AND "SHOW YOUR CERTIFICATE NOW IN 2015"

IF YOU HAVE USED IT BEFORE, THEN "SHOW IT AGAIN"

IS THAT A BRAIN TEASER? [/size]

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by LuckyLadolce(m): 2:38am On Jan 19, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
Sai buhari till... ...
Pls say it again grin

6 Likes

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 2:38am On Jan 19, 2015
Buhari should stop lying about being in good health.In your mid 70s you can never be in excellent health month in month out how much more coupled with the heavy politicking .
This was how your brother Yaradua and Obasanjo deceived us with phone calls and his death nearly brought the nation to a standstill .
Retire to Daura citing poor health as one of your reasons for pulling out.simple

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by henchamb(m): 2:39am On Jan 19, 2015
olisa metuh may god inflict you with ebola of the tongue

30 Likes

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by cnnamoko(m): 2:39am On Jan 19, 2015
Serious?
Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by acidtalk: 2:40am On Jan 19, 2015
JONATHAN EBELE AZIKIWE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS :

* In 2008 when Obasanjo picked you to be Yaradua's running mate who were the people that first kicked against your candidacy?

The Ijaws did. Their reason was that the 2 years as governor in Bayelsa you did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Till date, your erra is still termed the worst in Bayelsa.

* Why did Obasanjo find it difficult to sell you to his allies and PDP as Yaradua's running mate?

You Jonathan had a case with EFCC has documents proved you embezzled N9,000,000,000 (NINE BILLION NAIRA) while your wife Patience laundered $4,000,000 (FOUR MILLION DOLLARS) all these within two years.

* Ebele, who was your biggest opposition in becoming Yaradua's running mate?

The answer is EDWIN CLARK. The man who today is your mouth piece and who is pretending loves you the most.

* Azikiwe, amongst other tricks, what did you do to gather public sympathy?

You Mr Deceitful sent people to blow up part of your house in Bayelsa to make it look like it was your political opponents. The SSS released a report which you guys later hid to debunk your dubious claim.

* Jonathan, when Yaradua made you to be in charge of negotiations with the Niger Delta Militants, who were those who objected and what was their reasons?

Asari, Tompolo, and Boyloaf. Their reason being that you are not sincere in the Niger Delta course but only after your pocket.

SHOULD I GO ON?

* What was your agreement with PDP regarding a 2nd term.

You promised and even swore you will go for a SINGLE TERM

*Why did you jail James Ibori and forced Aoandoka to go underground?

To revenge their utmost loyalty to the late Yaradua

* Did you fulfill your agreement to Tinubu and others even when they had to betray their party at that last minute in order to canvass for you.

ABSOLUTELY NO.

* How did you try to mock and tarnish Obasanjo?

You didn't only remove all his loyalist from your government, you also made sure you made his enemies your closest allies. You don't need me to start calling names right?

* Who is Jonathan's BIGGEEST Northern Ally?

Alli Modu Sherrif. The CHIEF SPONSOR OF BOKO HARAM.

AWAY FROM POLITICS.

* You promised Nigerians incentives in order to remove subsidy. Things like stable power, metro buses (in Lagos and Abuja), full road rehabilitation etc.

MR LIAR WHERE ARE THEY.

* Obasanjo's government brought GSM amongst other things, Yaradua's short time in government brought RULE OF LAW. Jonathan what has yours brought?

NOTHING EXCEPT INCREASE IN CORRUPTION.

* Never in the history of Nigeria has all institutions witnessed as much strike as yours.

*Jonathan WHERE ARE THE CHIBOK GIRLS.

* Jonathan what in Heaven's name do you need FIVE presidential jet for even with the high rate of poverty in the land.

* Ebele, the ONLY Nigerian president that tried all means to DIVIDE Nigeria along Religion and Ethnic line.

* The ONLY AFRICAN PRESIDENT THAT OPENLY CELEBRATES CRIMINALS AND EX CONVICTS. Kashamu, Alameisia (or whatever), Bode George.

* Jonathan will rather gallivant with Nollywood stars than have a session with those brains who are truly making Nigerians proud both Home and Abroad. Or better Still, compose a comforting message to the people of North East.

Nigeria as at today HAS NO GOVERNMENT.

We provide our water - borehole.
We provide our light - generator/ inverter
We provide our security - high fence/ cctv
We provide our education - private school.
We produce fuel yet pay the most in the world.
We have no motorable federal road.

A BIG SHAME NIGERIA HAS NO NATIONAL CARRIER.

HIGH Uneployment in the land.

High rate of Corruption (the CLOWN wants to curb corruption with technology).

JONATHAN YOU ARE A FAILURE!!! Even if WE give you 10 terms ( 40 YEARS). YOU WILL STILL NOT TAKE US TO THE PROMISE LAND.

FELLOW NIGERIANS : Share these on your Facebook, Twitter, Instergram, BBM, Whatsapp, And every blog and forum you know ( COPY AND PASTE ON AS MANY THREADS ON NAIRALAND AS YOU CAN. THE WHOLE NIGERIA MUST SEE AND HEAR OF JONATHAN'S LIES). Until Jonathan can answer the above questions he doesn't deserve our "clap" not to talk more of our "votes". Be warned! No known record for a successful brain transplant yet so we don't expect any state of improvement in Jonathan's cluelessnes and deceits.

152 Likes 49 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by blackpanda: 2:41am On Jan 19, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
Good health to you till the election is gone. I want you to see how oga Jonathan go take win the election. So good health Sai buhari

are u not tired of being impoverished. no job, no light, bad roads, massive corruption
i mean i dont understand how any can still want things to remain the same all because of useless sentiments based on lies, ethnicity and religion.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari by Nobody: 2:42am On Jan 19, 2015
Can Mr Integrity be sincere for once? Haba!

Who dy decieve who?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Agharese Arase Visits Gwoza & Bama IDP Camp, Donates Items (photos) / Fayose Gives Job To 51 Physically Challenged Persons, Places 100 More On Social / Wike: I Will Run For Second Term On One Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.