Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures - Agriculture (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures (214613 Views)

Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / Green House Tomato Production / Cassava Production And Processed Products Made From Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by lanre2009: 10:40am On Jan 02, 2016
jethro2:
Thanks so much.
I appreciate every of your comment.
I also promise to keep the forum update on more techniques for tomato production as I progress.
Thank you

Nice to see your post after such a long time. Any updates as per the February 2016 training
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:57am On Jan 02, 2016
Thank you sir.
The training will be starting by February 1st - 26th
To participate:
One month. N25,000
2 Weeks. N15,000
1 week. N10,000
Accommodation will be provided.
participants take care of their feeding
lanre2009:

Nice to see your post after such a long time. Any updates as per the February 2016 training

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 11:06am On Jan 02, 2016
Agathabishen:
Good day house, my friend planted tomato in a net house, he bought the nursery from some israelites. He have started harvesting but he is having a problem is that the plant in some ridges will just turn brownish and die off. Please what should he do? Thanks
Tomato is a very delicate crop that requires maximum care and management.
It has several diseases and pests that needs to be prevented from onset.
I am sorry about your friend lost but one needs to learn the basic before venturing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2016
You are highly welcome sir.
Our next training will be coming up by February 1st - 26th.

Ebyokoro:
I cannot believe that I finally got a thread on nairaland that held me spell bound from page 1 to page 21! weldone madam Jethro and the rest of you great guys. I'll be getting in touch with you shortly but I am looking at a slightly different tomato farming sha...great work people, and happy and prosperous new year to us all
Ebyokoro:
I cannot believe that I finally got a thread on nairaland that held me spell bound from page 1 to page 21! weldone madam Jethro and the rest of you great guys. I'll be getting in touch with you shortly but I am looking at a slightly different tomato farming sha...great work people, and happy and prosperous new year to us all
ambisrael:
Thank you all for the information in this thread. Once again, i say thank you.
I will looking out for your next training programme. I have read through this thread from page 1 to 20 or 21.
God bless you all. IJN.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Pavore9: 11:12am On Jan 02, 2016
@jethro2, it is been a while l last saw your posts! cheesy
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by eddyhaze(m): 11:15am On Jan 02, 2016
Happy new year to u. Please what about those that can't make the training due to some reasons? Do u make this into a CD and sell? Your response will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 11:23am On Jan 02, 2016
Pavore9:
@jethro2, it is been a while l last saw your posts! cheesy
@ Pavore9. I have been here and there preparing for new season. We thank God for health and life.
But I am fully back by Gods Grace.
Thank you sir
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 11:29am On Jan 02, 2016
eddyhaze:
Happy new year to u. Please what about those that can't make the training due to some reasons? Do u make this into a CD and sell? Your response will be appreciated. Thanks
We don't have CD yet. May be in the near future. We will keep the house informed.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Pavore9: 11:34am On Jan 02, 2016
jethro2:

@ Pavore9. I have been here and there preparing for new season. We thank God for health and life.
But I am fully back by Gods Grace.
Thank you sir

You are welcome. Do you have any idea of anyone growing butternut squash in the South west?

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 11:37am On Jan 02, 2016
Pavore9:

You are welcome. Do you have any idea of anyone growing butternut squash in the South west?
None that I know of.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Pavore9: 11:42am On Jan 02, 2016
jethro2:

None that I know of.

Okay, thanks.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 11:45am On Jan 02, 2016
Pavore9:
Okay, thanks.
All pleasure
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 11:58am On Jan 02, 2016
Want to learn tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, radish etc
step by step practical on farm training?
Be your own boss.
Let's create job together
Join us for the 1st batch of our on farm vegetable
practical training.
We will take you through all the challenges
1. Soil management
2. Nursery making
3. Pest and diseases control
4. Staking/trellising
5. market access for your crops
6. Irrigation process
And so many others
Location. Ago Amodu, Saki East LGA of Oyo State
Duration: 1st - 26th February 2016
Participatory fee
For a month N25,000
2 weeks. N15,000
1 week. N10,000
Accommodation will be provided for the duration
Participants take care of their feeding
contact 08064688501, 08188540096 or
mail adesola_yinka@yahoo.com.
www.facebook.com/
entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by tundebabzy: 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
jethro2:
Want to learn tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, radish etc
step by step practical on farm training?
Be your own boss.
Let's create job together
Join us for the 1st batch of our on farm vegetable
practical training.
We will take you through all the challenges
1. Soil management
2. Nursery making
3. Pest and diseases control
4. Staking/trellising
5. market access for your crops
6. Irrigation process
And so many others
Location. Ago Amodu, Saki East LGA of Oyo State
Duration: 1st - 26th February 2016
Participatory fee
For a month N25,000
2 weeks. N15,000
1 week. N10,000
Accommodation will be provided for the duration
Participants take care of their feeding
contact 08064688501, 08188540096 or
mail adesola_yinka@yahoo.com.
www.facebook.com/
entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative

Hello. I emailed you about your next training but you didn't reply. Anyway, this post answers my questions. Thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
tundebabzy:

Hello. I emailed you about your next training but you didn't reply. Anyway, this post answers my questions. Thanks
It must have been an omission on my side.
Please pardon me
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by tundebabzy: 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
jethro2:

It must have been an omission on my side.
Please pardon me

No problem ma. I call you later to reserve a seat after I plan. I'll be coming from Katsina plus I have a full time job so I won't be able to make the one month class.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:05am On Jan 04, 2016
tundebabzy:

No problem ma. I call you later to reserve a seat after I plan. I'll be coming from Katsina plus I have a full time job so I won't be able to make the one month class.
You will be highly welcome sir
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by patrickkkk: 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2016
Happy new year to everyone in the house. I have been following this post from first page to the very present page. I appreciate the contribution of everyone and that of madam Jethro. pls Jethro I have a tomato business proposal that I would like to execute but needs advice from you since you are knowledgeable in this tomato business. Pls can I have your email address? I guess it has been a long time you used your whatsapp.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by patrickkkk: 1:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
Happy new year to everyone in the house. I have been following this post from first page to the very present page. I appreciate the contribution of everyone and that of madam Jethro2. Pls Jethro2 I have a tomato business proposal that I would like to execute but needs advice from you since you are knowledgeable in this tomato business. Pls can I have your email address? I guess it has been a long time you used your whatsapp.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
Email is adesola_yinka@yahoo.com . I have not been on whatsapp for some time
patrickkkk:
Happy new year to everyone in the house. I have been following this post from first page to the very present page. I appreciate the contribution of everyone and that of madam Jethro2. Pls Jethro2 I have a tomato business proposal that I would like to execute but needs advice from you since you are knowledgeable in this tomato business. Pls can I have your email address? I guess it has been a long time you used your whatsapp.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by agroronnie: 4:26am On Jan 07, 2016
Hello everyone,
Am currently working on a proposal to cite a small project hydroponic greenhouse farm as close to a city as possible to reduce carriage costs. main products include tomato, peppers including scotch bonnets and capsicums. I currently have all greenhouse dimension sketches and cost estimates worked out and i believe my team and I can construct at least 5 standardized greenhouse tunnels along with a drip irrigation equipment with importing any component.
The model believes in breaking the cartel and selling direct to end users and smaller mass market retailers by building a loyalty scheme with retailers and of course at slightly cheaper prices as well as larger standardized retailers who require constant supply all year round. We intend to build pack houses and wash bay facilities in order to deliver hygienically packed fresh farm produce to the market all year round, basically we want to revolutionise the food packaging and material handling of fresh produce by packaging the same quantities that make up a basket of tomato/pepper in separate 5kg standard crates selling at cheaper unit prices/ bulk discounts.
Easier to access as the farm is cited as close to the city as possible.
The idea is to site this project in the South to make cheaper food available in Southern markets reducing sourcing food from the north and saving costs for retailers.
We sort of got torn in between citing the farm in Rivers state or Lagos state. If we choose lagos state, feasibility studies show that the farm will be best sited in a developing area perhaps Ibeju/Awoyaya axis to guarantee a "future city farm" in a few years time. However, similar ideas are short for Rivers state although there will be a mass diversion of customers from Abia, Imo, Rivers, South east and south south markets patronizing the local farm and as such would save cost of transportation to the North and reduce sourcing from the north.
Please, I would like your opinions on best location between these two places or any other as long as it is in line with the "Southern food production" concept.
And also does anyone know the estimate of how many tons/kg of tomatoes that can be produced from an acre (6 plots) of land under a greenhouse model and of course most of our capital will be geared towards acquiring an acre of farmland in the target area.
smiley All opinions are strongly welcomed.
Thank you
Ms. Ronnie

3 Likes

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Ebyokoro: 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
agroronnie:
Hello everyone,
Am currently working on a proposal to cite a small project hydroponic greenhouse farm as close to a city as possible to reduce carriage costs. main products include tomato, peppers including scotch bonnets and capsicums. I currently have all greenhouse dimension sketches and cost estimates worked out and i believe my team and I can construct at least 5 standardized greenhouse tunnels along with a drip irrigation equipment with importing any component.
The model believes in breaking the cartel and selling direct to end users and smaller mass market retailers by building a loyalty scheme with retailers and of course at slightly cheaper prices as well as larger standardized retailers who require constant supply all year round. We intend to build pack houses and wash bay facilities in order to deliver hygienically packed fresh farm produce to the market all year round, basically we want to revolutionise the food packaging and material handling of fresh produce by packaging the same quantities that make up a basket of tomato/pepper in separate 5kg standard crates selling at cheaper unit prices/ bulk discounts.
Easier to access as the farm is cited as close to the city as possible.
The idea is to site this project in the South to make cheaper food available in Southern markets reducing sourcing food from the north and saving costs for retailers.
We sort of got torn in between citing the farm in Rivers state or Lagos state. If we choose lagos state, feasibility studies show that the farm will be best sited in a developing area perhaps Ibeju/Awoyaya axis to guarantee a "future city farm" in a few years time. However, similar ideas are short for Rivers state although there will be a mass diversion of customers from Abia, Imo, Rivers, South east and south south markets patronizing the local farm and as such would save cost of transportation to the North and reduce sourcing from the north.
Please, I would like your opinions on best location between these two places or any other as long as it is in line with the "Southern food production" concept.
And also does anyone know the estimate of how many tons/kg of tomatoes that can be produced from an acre (6 plots) of land under a greenhouse model and of course most of our capital will be geared towards acquiring an acre of farmland in the target area.
Thank you
Ms. Ronnie

Ms Ronnie I am very much interested in this project particularly too and I'm totally all in for the southern axis food production. let's discuss on email and probably set up a meeting point for fu4ther discussions. my email is ebyokoro@gmail.com. please send me yours or send me an email and let's start from there... cheers
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by agroronnie: 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Alright will inbox you

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 2:48am On Jan 10, 2016
Registration has started for the February training. Dry season farming is now We have only few slots contact no is 08064688501
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
On farm Vegetable Practical and Agribusiness Training
Venue: Ago Amodu Saki East LGA of Oyo State
Time Table For February 1st - 26th
1st week. Tomatoes
Hot pepper
Sweet peppers
2nd week. Cucumber
Okro
Water Melon
Radish
3rd week. Cabbage
Cauliflower
Brocolli
4th week. Beetroot
Lettuce
Onion
Sweet Corn
Trainings will involve
1. Soil Requirement and Soil treatment
2. Method of planting; Direct or transplanting
3. Planting Space
4. Nutrient and water requirement
5. Disease and Pest
6. Maturity days
7. Health benefit of each
8. Storage and packaging
9. Marketing
10. Profitability.
Training fee is
A month N25,000
2 weeks. N15,000
1 week. N10,000
Payment should be made on or before the 28th of January.
For participants accommodation to be booked
For more details
call 08064688501, 08188540096.
Thank you
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by patrickkkk: 7:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hello, Jethro hope you got my e-mail.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 7:01am On Jan 16, 2016
patrickkkk:
Hello, Jethro hope you got my e-mail.
I think have attended to my mails. What is it about?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by patrickkkk: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
I have seen it!! Thank u ma, for taking your precious time to reply I do appreciate it a lot.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
patrickkkk:
I have seen it!! Thank u ma, for taking your precious time to reply I do appreciate it a lot.
You are welcome sir
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 1:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
Registration for the on farm practical training is in progress. we have few slot left because of accommodation.
The time to start is now.
Learn from someone's experience.
you can't afford to lose your hard earned fund
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:33am On Jan 28, 2016
Our first training for this year will be starting by Monday 1st of February.
You can't afford to miss out
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Newway2(m): 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hello Ms Ronnie,
Your plan is a grand one. But in all honesty, it may not work out the way you talk abt it for the following reasons (among other things):

1) You can not break the monoply of the local people/cartel with the volume of whatever your hydroponics farm will grow. It's simply too little. You can only grab your own share of the market if you do your marketing well.

2) Citing the farm along Ibeju/Awoyaya (or any high brow area) axis to me is a waste of precious resources that you cld use to have a bigger farm close to lagos. You only need to have a small refrigerated van to move the farm produce to your farmgate shop (this is an idea am presently developing). We can colabo.

3) There's no need for any wash bay/parking lot creation. You are not a relaxation centre. Why not focus on the farm set up & marketing?

4) Nobody can tell you the exact out of any farm output. Everything is an estimate because anything cld go wrong.

Most so called consultants will only want to get their fees & leave to lick your wounds/losses.

If you need further collabo, buzz me.

God bless our hustles.

Newway

agroronnie:
Hello everyone,
Thank you
Ms. Ronnie

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (39) (Reply)

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.