Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures - Agriculture (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures (214022 Views)

Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / Green House Tomato Production / Cassava Production And Processed Products Made From Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by mashnino(m): 6:29pm On May 20, 2016
ishayaauta:
kebbi state

Oga ishaya...

I am interested in this greenhouse farming of tomatoes

so i want to ask.. did you build yours locally

or a company constructed yours for you

because the cost i am seeing from this Dizengoff guys is not even funny

and you were talking about net house and how it is not good in the north

can you please explain further and then the best practice one should take when they want to build green house in the north?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by mashnino(m): 6:30pm On May 20, 2016
This question is directed to the real farmers out there..

When you want to plant tomatoes under green house, do you still need a nursery?

I know the question might sound dumb but i am just a newbie..
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 8:47pm On May 20, 2016
mashnino:
This question is directed to the real farmers out there..
When you want to plant tomatoes under green house, do you still need a nursery?
I know the question might sound dumb but i am just a newbie..
Yes. you still need to nurse your tomatoes. Nursery is compulsory for some certain vegetables
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by mashnino(m): 10:33pm On May 20, 2016
jethro2:

Yes. you still need to nurse your tomatoes. Nursery is compulsory for some certain vegetables

ok thanks..
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Tycoflu(m): 3:53pm On May 21, 2016
jethro2:

Just finished going through the thread from page 1. I will be part of this June training by his grace. Just wished I heard about the training since I passed out of NYSC July last year. it's never late sha.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:39pm On May 21, 2016
Tycoflu:

Just finished going through the thread from page 1. I will be part of this June training by his grace. Just wished I heard about the training since I passed out of NYSC July last year. it's never late sha.

Like you said, its never too late
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:40pm On May 21, 2016
mashnino:
ok thanks..
You are welcome
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by ishayaauta(m): 6:49pm On May 21, 2016
mashnino:

Oga ishaya...

can you please explain further and then the best practice one should take when they want to build green house in the north?
yeah i Build mine, and it is easy. u can google search on how to make it, n also watch some youtube videos. I bought the polyethylene leather @ 8,500 per 10kg in birnin kebbi, it would be better to view an original green house yourself. use shade net as your roof if not the heat will burn ur tomatoes and whatsapp me 4 further questions I'm hardly on nairaland this days
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by mashnino(m): 11:36pm On May 21, 2016
ishayaauta:
yeah i Build mine, and it is easy. u can google search on how to make it, n also watch some youtube videos. I bought the polyethylene leather @ 8,500 per 10kg in birnin kebbi, it would be better to view an original green house yourself. use shade net as your roof if not the heat will burn ur tomatoes and whatsapp me 4 further questions I'm hardly on nairaland this days

Yeah ur number...
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by ishayaauta(m): 1:44am On May 22, 2016
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 8:42am On May 22, 2016
What our Farm Manager Free Training entails.

Our training session will be covering

1. The construction of green house using local materials such as bamboo, teak etc.
Participants will be involve in building the screen house

2. Growing different vegetables in green house.
Vegetable such as
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Peppers
Cabbage
Onions
Beet roots
Cauliflower
Brocolli
Lettuce etc

3. Marketing the vegetables.
Hotels, restaurants and supermarket are paying enormously for organic vegetables.
Our products are purely organic.

4. Farm Manager job placement:
Yes. We have clients that needs experience hand on farm.

They require farm managers that can work with little or no supervision.

We assure you of good salary package, accommodation and others.

Terms and condition apply.

Duration
June, July and August

Farm Settlement Location
Ago Amodu, Saki East LGA of Oyo State.

Resumption Date
June 5th 2016.

We can only accommodate 30 participants.
its first come first serve.

We made accommodation arrangement for participants for the 3 months at the cost of N15,000.

Registration is in progress.
To register call 08188540096
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by mashnino(m): 8:08pm On May 23, 2016
Ms jethro.. Isn't there a way you can package all or most of these things into an ebook.. Especially that of the green house...

Because three months is hard to let go off..

Even 10k i will buy i don't mind
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:36pm On May 23, 2016
mashnino:
Ms jethro.. Isn't there a way you can package all or most of these things into an ebook.. Especially that of the green house...
Because three months is hard to let go off..
Even 10k i will buy i don't mind
@ My oga. Sure you can get a lot of information online for less.
The aim of the training would have been defeated if we venture into eBook.
Farming and agribusiness is practical.
Its easy to understand eBook when one have the practical experience no matter how little.

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by mashnino(m): 12:54am On May 24, 2016
jethro2:

@ My oga. Sure you can get a lot of information online for less.
The aim of the training would have been defeated if we venture into eBook.
Farming and agribusiness is practical.
Its easy to understand eBook when one have the practical experience no matter how little.

But the duration is just the obstacle..

Would have registered asap.. My main problem right now sef is the green house.. How to construct it with local stuffs and all
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by realwizzy97: 4:22am On May 24, 2016
Dekoraj Farms battery cages-The first free cage design that allows easy manure cleaning,and a unique design in the world,good tier spacing.
Semi mechanized poultry farm set up,pen house construction,industrial and agricultural engineering etc
Good innovations is our pride
,contact no-07060920379
3000 birds capacity farm in Ogbun village,Ogere,with a unique in frame design for easy manure management done by Dekoraj Farms,call us today-07060920379
Dekoraj farms-we are coming up with another semi automatic manure scrapper design that allows poultry farmers to manage their manure cleaning easily without electricity,also a defeathering machine that uses pms instead of electricity,we will look for all possible ways to improve agriculture with innovation
Dekoraj Farms-
Deluxe (electrogalvanized) automatic battery cages for laying birds
120birds-60,000naira(7-10years),
96birds-50,000naira(7-10years)
120birds-80,000naira with complete accessories(7-10years)
96birds-70,000naira with complete accessories
(7-10years lifespan),
120birds pvc coated-90,000naira with complete accessories(8-11years)
96birds pvc coated-80,000naira with complete accessories
(8-11years lifespan)
premium(hot dip galvanized)_120 birds-110,000 naira(20-25years)
96birds-110,000(20_25years)
standard salient features
automatic Tip drinker with cups(reducing water droppings),increased vaccine utilization,increased productivity, micro water filter making water safe for drinking ,0.5 micron.
first and unique inframe galvanized angle stand in the world(that allows easy passage for manure cleaning good tiers spacing to avoid droppings on each other,excellent foot rest for birds,reduced egg crackings to the barest minimum ,standard and portable cages feature ,our cages are built with international quality standards,buying standard cages from us will give you automatic insurance for cages,we will maintain your cages for you making sure they are still intact for years,we will help you maximize your farm space and get good and well ventilated caging structure and easy access.if you buy more than 20 cages you will get 1egg collector.
(We also do repairs for cages and sell fairly used one's depending on customers choice)
The more the cages you buy the more the discount you get
Get commission on clients that comes through you.
Prices are negotiable
Office Address-3 Awobona street,Iju Ishaga,Lagos State.
07060920379,08073852579, e-mail-dekorajfarms@gmail.com
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by TOLUWAYEMI(m): 9:47am On May 24, 2016
Madam Jethro, pls what's the difference between determinate and indeterminate tomatoe?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by mashnino(m): 9:45pm On May 24, 2016
TOLUWAYEMI:
Madam Jethro, pls what's the difference between determinate and indeterminate tomatoe?

i think determinate seeds have a fixed duration where they will keep producing tomatoes for you

while the indeterminate can go on for upto a year sef.. hence indeterminate

i think i am correct sha.. let madam coman answer you fess
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by abbyode(m): 11:52pm On May 24, 2016
Wow.................
Cant believe I read through the whole of these pages from page 1.
Good info and efforts from Jethro.
I will definitely come for a guest training in your farm in June.
Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of 3 months (painful), not even 1 week.
However, I will arrange to spend like 3 or 4 days. I hope to get an overall overview of the act.
I will contact you before then.
Once again, I like your initiative and your energy in delivering this. God bless you...
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by hasami: 8:27am On May 25, 2016
jethro2:

1. The construction of green house using local materials such as bamboo, teak etc.

Vegetable such as
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Peppers
Cabbage
Onions
Beet roots
Cauliflower
Brocolli
Lettuce etc

Hotels, restaurants and supermarket are paying enormously for organic vegetables.

Duration
June, July and August

Farm Settlement Location

Resumption Date
June 5th 2016.

We made accommodation arrangement for participants for the 3 months at the cost of N15,000.

goodmorning...pls when is the deadline for registration and payment for accomodation? will the training cover water melon cultivation?

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 2:57pm On May 25, 2016
abbyode:
Wow.................
Cant believe I read through the whole of these pages from page 1.
Good info and efforts from Jethro.
I will definitely come for a guest training in your farm in June.
Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of 3 months (painful), not even 1 week.
However, I will arrange to spend like 3 or 4 days. I hope to get an overall overview of the act.
I will contact you before then.
Once again, I like your initiative and your energy in delivering this. God bless you...

Amen
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by whitecloth: 11:42am On May 26, 2016
jethro2:

Duration
June, July and August

Farm Settlement Location

Resumption Date
June 5th 2016.

1. I noticed that while reading this thread from page 1-24 you said each participant will be entitled to ½ acre(3 plot) to practise with, but I don't see that in this year training advert, can you please clarify ma.
2. If I want to stay in Oyo after the training, are there farmlands I can access there in acres?
3. is the intending farmer allowed to farm alongside the training to generate income for himself?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 2:08pm On May 26, 2016
whitecloth:

1. I noticed that while reading this thread from page 1-24 you said each participant will be entitled to ½ acre(3 plot) to practise with, but I don't see that in this year training advert, can you please clarify ma.
2. If I want to stay in Oyo after the training, are there farmlands I can access there in acres?
3. is the intending farmer allowed to farm alongside the training to generate income for himself?
Thanks in anticipation.

1. This year training advert did not come with land offer.

2. We can give you land to farm base on some certain agreements. That will need to be discuss during the training. Terms and conditions apply

There are no other farmland for life lease or for sale around our axis. Most are community land.

3. No. The participants are expected to fully participate in the training.

You are highly welcome
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by cola: 3:40pm On May 26, 2016
@jethro2
God bless you for you selflessness

Pls enlighten me:

Does all these process about tomato also apply to pepper (ata rodo)?

1. soil type?
2. planting times?
3. nursery techniques?
4. water needs?
5. manure/fertilizers?
6. pests and diseases?
7. marketing?

Are tomatoes and pepper the same in all these areas?

if they are different in certain respects, pls can you briefly explain how pepper is different?

Thanks, sister.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 7:24pm On May 26, 2016
cola:
@jethro2
God bless you for you selflessness
Pls enlighten me:
Does all these process about tomato also apply to pepper (ata rodo)?
1. soil type?
2. planting times?
3. nursery techniques?
4. water needs?
5. manure/fertilizers?
6. pests and diseases?
7. marketing?
Are tomatoes and pepper the same in all these areas?
if they are different in certain respects, pls can you briefly explain how pepper is different?
Thanks, sister.

Yes. It requires all the process
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:22pm On May 27, 2016
Registration is on.
Limited space available.
Let's create together.

jethro2:
Vegetable such as
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Peppers
Cabbage
Onions
Beet roots
Cauliflower
Brocolli
Lettuce etc
Duration
June, July and August
Farm Settlement Location
Resumption Date
June 5th 2016.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by hybridveggies(m): 11:10am On May 28, 2016
You may not necessary need screen house erroneously refer to as green house as a starter. What you need are simple best modern practices , then you are guaranteed of success. visit to learn simple applications: www.hybridveggies.com
mashnino:

Oga ishaya...

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by hybridveggies(m): 11:12am On May 28, 2016
All your concerns would be adequately addressed in a practical ways. visit www.hybridveggies.com
martins2009:

how can i start my tomatoe farm..where can i purchase seeds
thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by hybridveggies(m): 11:16am On May 28, 2016
Your question may has well been adequately answered to suit your taste. Visit www.hybridveggies.com
mashnino:

i think determinate seeds have a fixed duration where they will keep producing tomatoes for you

while the indeterminate can go on for upto a year sef.. hence indeterminate

i think i am correct sha.. let madam coman answer you fess
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by bamigee: 12:57am On May 29, 2016
Hello Babalagzy, How many tonnes did you get from your dizengoff greenhouse

Please can I have your number. I need advice on green house farming

Babalagzy:
Just a footnote regarding Dizengoff kits:
They will NOT give you 5 tonnes or close. (VERIFIED)

We should discuss at some point the use of Greenhouses in Nigeria.
Which are better for this region? Nethouses or greenhouses??
Unfortunately, some of us have to learn the hard way because there's either no research or access to research information regarding these issues.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by hybridveggies(m): 8:14am On May 29, 2016
Friends, can I tell you the truth, you can equally thrive well planting tomatoes in an open field than spending huge sum on net house erroneously referred to as green house in Nigeria. Just learn the rudimentary through our practical inclined articles. Visit www.hybridveggies.com
bamigee:
Hello Babalagzy, How many tonnes did you get from your dizengoff greenhouse

Please can I have your number. I need advice on green house farming

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
Dear Intending Participants for the 3 months agribusiness training.

Please don't attempt coming to the farm settlement if you have not made payment for your accommodation.

We will gently turn you back.

The fact that I have send you the address did not change anything.

Yes. I have been receiving mails request from people to make payment when they come. No you can not.

We need to plan with what we can accommodate.

Please come along with your payment teller.

You can plan for when next we put up another training.

Take your time to visit the farm before then to confirm we are not scamming you.

Resumption is by Sunday June 5th.

Its serious business.
And I keep saying "No butty picking on the far"

Please be prepared for serious business.

Call 08188540096
Or 08064688501
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by dijiweb: 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
ishayaauta:

can you give me details to how the company you got the polyethylene leather from. i will be grateful.

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (39) (Reply)

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.