Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,487 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private (1996 Views)

Reasons Successful Women Hardly Find Companions / Boyfriend Is Finding Out Details About Me From An Unknown Source. Help!!! / 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 10:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
I know women gossip alot! I know women can get chatty with their girlfriends and sometimes get carried away and talk about some personal details about thier life. I also understand that girls need to confide in their girlfriends sometimes to empower each and so. What I can't understand is why do most women find it so hard to keep some personal details about their relationship private? I believe there are somethings that should stay private between couples and not between gf and gf, gf and family, gf and coworker and more.

I have broken up with someone because of this before and she begged and begged. I warned her about this several times. NL Am I crazy to expect some parts of my life to remain sacred with my gf or wife? Is this asking for too much?

1 Like

Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
They like comparing who has the best bf in their cliq...
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by iceberylin(m): 10:53pm On Jan 20, 2015
So you just wana tell us your A hot cake undecided
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 20, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
Linqsz:
They like comparing who has the best bf in their cliq...

Lol! To see who has the most problems.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 20, 2015
No op! you're not asking for much. i personally think it's wrong talking about relationship with friends, i mean a little brag could do, but the juicy details, i keep that to myself

1 Like

Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by AfricanApple(f): 11:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
iceberylin, be nice smiley
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 11:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nneka123:
No op! you're not asking for much. i personally think it's wrong talking about relationship with friends, i mean a little brag could do, but the juicy details, i keep that to myself

Then I am afraid to say! IF you are telling the truth then you must be the last of your kind.
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
justmag:

Then I am afraid to say! IF you are telling the truth then you must be the last of your kind.
is that a compliment?
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
Same also apply to guys, but mostly ladies, mst of em end up losin thr bf to their to frnd wen they don't knw to zip. Thr mouth
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2015
malonephills:
Same also apply to guys, but mostly ladies, mst of em end up losin thr bf to their to frnd wen they don't knw to zip. Thr mouth

Ohhhh I can testify to that. I kno Three cases where a gf lost her bf to her friend! And it had a lot to do with what she said.
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 11:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nneka123:
is that a compliment?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
justmag:

Ohhhh I can testify to that. I kno Three cases where a gf lost her bf to her friend! And it had a lot to do with what she said.
I know many will gain from this thread
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by Maamin(m): 12:15am On Jan 21, 2015
Gossip alert!!!
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by Babe2sure(f): 12:33am On Jan 21, 2015
@OP, some things are best kept private, including the juicy part of ones relationship. Disclosing it to friends should be a NO NO. A lot of people have ruined their relationships/marriage through this. I don't know why some ladies/women still refuse to learn from others experiences. But a person who has a loose tongue, has got it, you know.
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by prettyjo(f): 12:38am On Jan 21, 2015
only kiddies does that.
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 12:45am On Jan 21, 2015
prettyjo:
only kiddies does that.

I have seen older women do this. The worse part is most women don't even know they are doing this until it's too late.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 12:48am On Jan 21, 2015
Babe2sure:

@OP, some things are best kept private, including the juicy part of ones relationship. Disclosing it to friends should be a NO NO. A lot of people have ruined their relationships/marriage through this. I don't know why some ladies/women still refuse to learn from others experiences. But a person who has a loose tongue, has got it, you know.

its the private and sensitive issues I can't seem to understand. What do they expect t to gain from sharing that? Envy from friends? Respect?
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by prettyjo(f): 12:58am On Jan 21, 2015
justmag:

I have seen older women do this. The worse part is most women don't even know they are doing this until it's too late.
its true shaa
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by Babe2sure(f): 4:43am On Jan 21, 2015
justmag:

its the private and sensitive issues I can't seem to understand. What do they expect t to gain from sharing that? Envy from friends? Respect?

Envy from friends
Respect
Yes, they are part of the reasons.
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by Monicasque(f): 6:00am On Jan 21, 2015
I must say, i have also gotten my fingures burnt in the past bcoz of not closing my mouth. Especially when there is war in the union. I wud b telling my friends or sisters, shouting and fighting, and they wud assist by also getting angry, but nw bcoz wen u r angry, u only badmouth the other person and dnt say yo own bad side, ppl end up hating the poor guy and they see u as a saint bcoz dey dnt know da whole story, den wen the war is over n we r all lovey dovey, ppl wudnt understand y we r happy again, n dey wud react negatively n be nasty n judgemental and all. Sometimes dey wud even use the things u tell dem abt u n yo man against u, so i later learned dat whether its good or bad, i keep my business to myself n dnt be sharing with folks around me. It was a lesson worth learning. So i agree with the op 100 percent, dat we shud always learn to keep stuff to our selves.wat goes on btwn u n yo boo, stays between only the 2 of u.otherwise, u will suffer the consequences

1 Like

Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by iceberylin(m): 7:09am On Jan 21, 2015
AfricanApple:
iceberylin, be nice smiley
Sorry love smiley
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 7:09am On Jan 21, 2015
Monicasque:
I must say, i have also gotten my fingures burnt in the past bcoz of not closing my mouth. Especially when there is war in the union. I wud b telling my friends or sisters, shouting and fighting, and they wud assist by also getting angry, but nw bcoz wen u r angry, u only badmouth the other person and dnt say yo own bad side, ppl end up hating the poor guy and they see u as a saint bcoz dey dnt know da whole story, den wen the war is over n we r all lovey dovey, ppl wudnt understand y we r happy again, n dey wud react negatively n be nasty n judgemental and all. Sometimes dey wud even use the things u tell dem abt u n yo man against u, so i later learned dat whether its good or bad, i keep my business to myself n dnt be sharing with folks around me. It was a lesson worth learning. So i agree with the op 100 percent, dat we shud always learn to keep stuff to our selves.wat goes on btwn u n yo boo, stays between only the 2 of u.otherwise, u will suffer the consequences

You completely read my mind. This is exactly what happened to a friend of mine. When things go bad in the relationship don't be too quick to tell everything to your friends. No matter how angry you are!! I understand when things go bad you may need a shoulder to lie on. The more you talk the more you paint a picture of your bf in their heads that they may find attractive or hate.
I think private relationships will always be the best!! I have soo many friends like that and they have been together for years.
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 7:11am On Jan 21, 2015
Babe2sure:

Envy from friends
Respect
Yes, they are part of the reasons.

No woman should seek that, it just comes naturally! Except you are some attention seeker.
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by Babe2sure(f): 9:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
justmag:

No woman should seek that, it just comes naturally! Except you are some attention seeker.

Of course, we are not the same. Some people are attention seeker, so it is natural to them. Though, sometimes we may need shoulders to lean on when challenges in relationship comes, but then DISCRETION is what is needed to deal with it. Whatever you say about your partner will be deeply etched in the mind of the people you talked about him/her to and bad advices could result from there. 'Loose lips ruins relationship'
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 5:02am On Jan 23, 2015
Well said. Friends never forget discussions about each other bf. The more you talk about him the more you arm them with weapons they could use in the future. It's sooo true. Loose lips destroys relationships.
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by 53cur3m0d3(m): 5:06am On Jan 23, 2015
I remember 2007, she lost me to her cousin. cool
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by eyeon(m): 6:16am On Jan 23, 2015
You said "I know women gossip a lot" and that's just it.
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 7:23am On Jan 23, 2015
53cur3m0d3:
I remember 2007, she lost me to her cousin. cool

Ohhh no! Because she talked about u?? Lol! Same ish happened to me. She kept talking about things I had and things i was going thru then her friend started asking if they could come over and such!
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 7:25am On Jan 23, 2015
eyeon:
You said "I know women gossip a lot" and that's just it.

Yeah! But some things should just be sacred and private. Like when a girl gets drunk off her asss with her friends. Be very afraid!! She can spill everything about your relationship to her friends.
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by yemicoal(m): 10:41am On Jan 23, 2015
Some ladies cnt keep their mouths shut, and they complain of friends snitching and snatching their man. You brought it upon yourself
Re: Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private by justmag(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2015
yemicoal:
Some ladies cnt keep their mouths shut, and they complain of friends snitching and snatching their man. You brought it upon yourself

Lmaoo

(1) (2) (Reply)

NAME THREE Hillarious Romancelander And Moniker U Have Ever Seen. / WHEN Is The Appropriate Time To Say You Are Ready For Marriage(as A Guy Or Girl) / What Do I Do? A Girl I Love Is........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.