Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) (29969 Views)

Most Girls Cause Their Relationship To Fail Becos Of Stubornness / Guys Are The Major Reason Most Ladies Are Still Single- Emusmith / Tight-Corner Situations Lovers Put Their Partners Through:Emusmith & Oliviaarims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2015
Sub-Topic
10 Areas Guys And Ladies Should Work on In Their Relationship (Emusmith Vs Oliviarism)

Hi everyone. In few hours time, we will be entering into the New Year. Looking back, there were pleasant and unpleasant scenarios in our relationships.
Oliviaarims and I, Emusmith, in this Collabo-thread wants to pinpoint some areas in our relationships, both Guys and Ladies should pay closer attention to in this coming year 2016.

Without much ado, from the Guy's Angle I'll list 10 areas:

Guy's Angle:

1. Guys, devote more time to understanding your lady.

Different strokes for different chicks. She needs you to understand what she isn't saying. If you love her, you will won't fail her.

2. Don't take her love for granted
If you think you can now misbehave just because you've gotten her to fall in love with you; that's childish and immature, with all due respect. Instead, love her and say it often. That fertilizes relationships.

3. Be open to your girl.

Let her trust you. Lying tells her you ain't ready to trust her. Start from the small things to the big ones.

4. Don't be a player who sleeps around: but one that takes responsibility

Don't be a "player" who sleeps around. Responsibility is one thing you can't dodge if you wanna tread this path.

5. Arguing with her is an error.

Ignore her rash words. Ladies can talk. Two wrongs can't make a right. Be the man. Be the bigger person.

6. Enticing her with money and not being able to maintain that is foolishness

I would suggest you be plain and not exaggerate. Let her know your worth when you notice her commitment to the relationship.

7. Surprises can be wrongly-timed

She likes surprises but ensure it's at the right time. Don't take her to a place without pre-informing her of "her roles". That's will be an embarrassment.

8. Spend on her

Have you heard? You can give without loving but you can't love without giving. If you love her, you won't have to let her ask everything. If you're not giving her, you're giving someone else.

9. Effective Communication

Talk to her before making major/minor decisions. It tells her you care. Sometimes say, "I'm telling you firsthand, haven't told anyone else." She becomes you confidante. Your shelter, so to speak.

10. Learn not to remind her of her past when there is a quarrel

This is so unfair. Nothing hurts as much as this. Let her know that you love her despite her past life. Please do.

Thank you. #Hands the mic over to Olivia#

Olivia: Yes, nice points. smiley
Relationships are a vital part of human existence, man necessarily being a social animal.
It's however a bit unfortunate that some people just don't seem to get it right. They go into countless relationships, which almost never lasts longer than the flicker of a candle light before it dies off.

From the Girl's Angle.

1. Be Indispensable:

Don't make yourself unnecessarily scarce, because soon enough, he'll fill up the role you were supposed to be playing. That holds him down.

2. Be Polite.

Some girls are just naturally rude and uncourteous in their manner of talking. Know how to make your requests, without making them sound like commands.

3. Be Calm

Listen. When there's an argument between u two and he's saying something, that shouldn't be the time for u to be struggling to be heard too. Remain calm and allow him finish talking before u say your piece.

4. Apologize.

When u find out that you're at fault, be quick to apologise and do it with all sincerity.

5. Make an effort to be truthful.

The more lies u tell, the less likely he'll trust u. But when u make it a point of duty to tell the truth always, he'd always give u the benefit of doubt whenever something fishy comes up.

6. Make him your buddy.

Make your significant other your realest buddy. Begin to see him as a friend. Tell him everything that can be told, even if it seems irrelevant. It would make for better understanding, closer bond,things to always talk about and fun in your relationship.

7. Don't flaunt your toasters in his face.

He already knows that you're bound to have a couple of guys wooing u. You could even discuss some of them with him and laugh together over funny pick up lines. But know the difference between telling him about your toasters for the sake of fun and flaunting it in his face to make him feel jealous and insecure.

8. Watch his ego in public.

When he's in public with you or in a gathering of friends, be careful what u say or do. It would be really embarrassing if you ignore him and perhaps turn your attention elsewhere. Let him have your full attention always. Try to take his side and defend him in an argument. 

9. Pay Close attention to the things he always wants you to do and those he doesn't want.

Being in a relationship is very much about compromise. Definitely, there would be certain things you do which pisses him off and which he's made known to you. Work on avoiding doing these things and instead doing the things he likes.

10. Lastly, quit the "forming."

Like seriously, we girls like to form a lot. I agree it's necessary in certain occasions, but there's really no need doing that with your significant other. Let him know that you're his "personal person".. No styling, no fronting. Feel free to fart in his presence (but please, not after eating beans and egg). Eat eba with him. Get into a bus with him if he can't afford a cab at that point in time.. Go to the market with him to buy foodstuffs. Buy ur ice-fish freely. U can't cook with chicken and beef all the time.

Above all, try to be original and have the mindset of making your relationship work. The mind really, is the starting point.

Emusmith: Well said Oliviaarims, the mind is the starting point. Love starts from the mind and ends through our actions. In this year, 2016, let's do all we can to making sure our relationships stay stronger, heading towards marriage.

Happy New Year in advance!

131 Likes 30 Shares

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
Like I will Always Say/Type; There are No laid Down Principles For Things like This! No Routine! No Law!

Just let things Go "Naturally. The ONE meant for you will Stick with You NO MATTER WHAT.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Omotayor123(f): 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
See love!! grin
Nice one OP! @Olivia I love your points, well analysed.

Wish you both a prosperous new year and everlasting relationship!

5 Likes

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by ijustdey: 5:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
a happy new year to you emusmith & Oliviaarims

to the ladies stop being a pest.....
to the guys stop being a mugu or father Christmas...

use your head when in the relationship and not your emotions

3 Likes

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
Omotayor123:
See love!! grin
Nice one OP!

OPs...not Op grin
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Omotayor123(f): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
emusmith:

OPs...not Op grin
You guys are one tongue

2 Likes

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by dollyjoy(f): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nice writeup!!
If only we will put into practise what we read or writesad!!!
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by misspicy(f): 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
This will be interesting cheesy

who is gonna be my date?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
dollyjoy:
Nice writeup!!

If only we will put into practise what we read or writesad!!!

Thanks. Nice dp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Rapmoney(m): 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
The nature of things up here is really amazing. What more can I say? Emusmith, are u the same as the moniker u tagged? Na wa o!
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
Rapmoney:
The nature of things up here is really amazing. What more can I say? Emusmith, are u the same as the moniker u tagged? Na wa o!

Thanks Rapmoney smiley
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hehehehe grin grin grin

Nice one ops cheesy

Erm...Naijaboiy tongue
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Omotayor123:
See love!! grin Nice one OP! @Olivia I love your points, well analysed.
Wish you both a prosperous new year and everlasting relationship!
Lol. Thanks. Wish u same, too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
RexKex:
Like I will Always Say/Type; There are No laid Down Principles For Things like This! No Routine! No Law!

Just let things Go "Naturally. The ONE meant for you will Stick with You NO MATTER WHAT.

What happened to ur former acct?
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Laveda(f): 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
Wow..nice points.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
Oliviaarims:

What happened to ur former acct?
New year! New Me! New Moniker!grin.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
Laveda:
Wow..nice points.
Thanks
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
Well detailed & concised.

Thumbs @OPs
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
RexKex:
New year! New Me! New Moniker!grin.
Hahahahahahahahahah. Very funny... And of course too cliché.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Hahahahahahahahahah. Very funny... And of course too cliché.
You never told me You ... ** Coughs**.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
RexKex:
You never told me You ... ** Coughs**.

Never told you I.....?
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by dharay99: 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
angry

numb5, don't argue
wid her? Mtcheeeew...crap!

1 Like

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Never told you I.....?
Let's Not Derail Your Threadgrin.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
ijustdey:

a happy new year to you emusmith & Oliviaarims

to the ladies stop being a pest..... to the guys stop being a mugu or father Christmas...

use your head when in the relationship and not your emotions
A prosperous New Year to you, too... smiley
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by macaranta(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
Good points,will apply some in 2016.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by hatux: 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
Very well outlined, good points btw ...
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by ronald4lif(m): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
I don't like this thread. Why is everyone agreeing to everything said. We need opposing views. It's boring when everyone is on same page. undecided

Digging for blunders. sad

1 Like

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by ClassCaptain(m): 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
Collabo Threads
Good and Innovative ...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
ronald4lif:
I don't like this thread. Why is everyone agreeing to everything said. We need opposing views. It's boring when everyone is on same page. undecided

Digging for blunders. sad

I like your point, Ronald cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
ClassCaptain:
Collabo Threads

Good and Innovative ...

Thanks cheesy
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
No.5 of the first part sounds soo cool.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Melancholy(m): 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
Wow! What a perfect collabo of emusmith and olivia. Ending the year with evergreen relationship update. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reactions As Massively Curvy Pantless Lady Seduces Men, Bares Her Vagina / Men Make Love With Their Wives And Have Sex With Their Girlfriends - Reno Omokri / Why Is It That When You Borrow From A Guy, they Want Sex In Return?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.