Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 (36125 Views)

Emefiele To Senate: Nigeria’s Economy In Deep Crisis / Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari / Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by sammyj: 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
LOL!!! grin grin
100Cents:

You have no likes here after how many hours

Nigeria cannot grow based on lies. APC was founded on lies and dissatisfaction. Every bad political news about arson or killing has APC name on it. Stoning the Presidents convoy is a new comer, thanks to APC.. I am sure if it were Buhari, he will order his army boys to shoot at sight anybody who stones his convoy.

How do you expect Buhari at 73years old and without certificate to come and rule us ? It is very unfair what you youths want to do to yourself. GEJ is industrializing this country gradually more than any other former leader. He is bringing back agriculture, rails, car manufacturing to mention a few.

And these are the pivots of the economy.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by millionaireman: 3:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
hazyfm1:
hahahahaha
laughing in chinese
IMAGINE! EVEN ISIS 2[size=4pt]ND[/size] HEAD OFFICE (IRAQ) IS 4TH ON THIS LIST

[size=18pt]Nigeria! Always growing on paper but in reality? The nation is a joke! A failing state.[/size]

This one is a Mr. Simpleton. Political stability is hardly a measure of Economic growth. Nigeria is at war with internal enemies, still its economy is growing. That's no mean achievement by the incumbent govt. If you do not appreciate that, the outside world appreciates it.

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by wildikeman(m): 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
Make una no rise. Make Cnn and IMF dey whine una head. Yeye country.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Tats(m): 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
100Cents:

Let me explain growth and rate to you.

Using a 5 year old kid, what is his growth in height like ?

For a 10 year old kid, what is his growth in height like ?

For a 25 year old man what is his growth in height like ?

Nigeria and those other listed economies are growing at a fast pace like 5 year and 10 year old kids because they haven't attained full capacity. Yes, and a large portion of their masses still experience hunger and lack of infrastructure and basic amenities.

But for a developed ( fully grown ) economy like United states, they can be likened to that 25 year old man that has attained his full growth capacity in height, by the time he is 26 or 27, he doesn't add any significant height again, but his citizens are enjoying. Economies like US and UK grow annually at figures like 2%.

Do you need further explanation on this ?

Thanks but I don't need your explanation because I understand all that.

So can you tell me what year our citizens will start enjoying life as others if we continue to grow at 7% every year?
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
uokocha70:

Well, I have and use health insurance in Nigeria. I have been using it since 2008. My wife uses also, as a matter of fact she just gave birth on the 20th and I did not have to pay a dime because of her insurance. I am about to register the baby for insurance too. So that is working now really.

The coverage is just 5 percent Sir
I would know!
A few federal civil servants and their dependents being covered by social insurance does not a NHIS make

Our road to Universal Health Coverage is looong and a joke really with the kind of NHIS scheme that we have. 5 percent!!

Lawd.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by PlutoLA(m): 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
Akon419:
is like that in every country. Even in America which has the largest economy, there ar still some poor among them. You are poor does not mean every Nigerian is poor. Take advantage of the growing economy and start something for ur self instead of talking trash

Dude your response was really immature,the guy has spoken the fact of the matter not trash. Of course there are poor ppl in America but can' you compare the numbers to that of Nigeria?! 3rd Fastest growing economy and stuff is still expensive out there,economy is growing yet the naira exchange rate is bad,fastest growing economy and minimum wage is still 18k,so the guy is right in saying we are not enjoying the growth!
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by jzdoberman: 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
clevvermind:
you can say that again. especially those apc supporters. they don't see anything good in Jonathan.

They prefer to be governed by Oluwole Party led by a leper.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Akpan107(m): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
vatoslocos:
Have we not been experiencing fast economic growth in the last 10 years? Has it translated into any meaningful development on ground? China and Qatar both have responsible leadership.
The support for Buhari and APC is fast dropping on NairaLand. Even 50 ''Like'' you guys hardly get.

Make una just give-up. Game over!!

2 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by dougivilla(m): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
But if the news was something like 'Nigeria, projected to be amongst the top 5 poorest nations in the world in 2015" you would have come here to celebrate it! I don't get it, is it that some of us do not like hearing anything good about our nation Nigeria or we are just plain saddists,... always angered by cherring news?
uokocha70:
Modified:
This made front page, so let's talk now.
It is very good for the economy to grow. However talk is cheap. We don't want all these paper stuff. Is it too much to ask for tangible things?
Example:
1. Building a system that ensures teachers’ salaries are never delayed at all levels; Primary to tertiary.
2. Building infrastructure. This is the one we feel every day, and the one that gives governments their highest ratings.
3. Solving all these issues with incessant strikes, which is currently at its highest with this government. Government hospitals are on strike, and the judiciary is also on strike.
4. Giving us a clear blue print of where you are heading in the next 4 years. Not when things happen by chance you quickly claim it and when bad happens, you blame it on your enemies and distractors.

Are these too much to ask?

Yes CNN thinks our economy will grow in 2015, which is good. What we now want is what this government is planning to do to drive that growth. Where the heck is their manifesto?

uokocha70
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by ocelot2006(m): 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
vatoslocos:
Did we just start to experience economic growth? Are we even experiencing economic growth or more of jobless growth? Has the economic growth translated into poverty reduction?

Yes dumbo, we just did.

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by ocelot2006(m): 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
dougivilla:
But if the news was something like 'Nigeria, projected to be amongst the top 5 poorest nations in the world in 2015" you would have come here to celebrate it! I don't get it, is it that some of us do not like hearing anything good about our nation Nigeria or we are just plain saddists,... always angered by cherring news?

Don't be surprised. Some Nigerians just have hard ons when they hear bad news.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by olami100(m): 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
awodman:

Economic growth sends positive message to investors who'll have confidence to invest in the country leading to Jobs which will ultimately put food on ur table

How many investors will risk investing in nigeria with the problem of insecurities in nigeria..the one some have been investing since the problem of insecurities, What has been the impact of it in the lives of many graduate out of school! Well for me.. We need a change in government. #asap
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by dougivilla(m): 4:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
PlutoLA:

Dude your response was really immature,the guy has spoken the fact of the matter not trash. Of course there are poor ppl in America but can' you compare the numbers to that of Nigeria?! 3rd Fastest growing economy and stuff is still expensive out there,economy is growing yet the naira exchange rate is bad,fastest growing economy and minimum wage is still 18k,so the guy is right in saying we are not enjoying the growth!
Dude, you really need lecture in elementary economics!!! See what the old syllabus of Almajiri education, a la GMB has done to you?

2 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
mpire:

why did you edit my work?
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by ocelot2006(m): 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
tigonana:
Hmmmmm.

Stay there, cos govt will give you free food, abi?
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by olami100(m): 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
awodman:

Economic growth sends positive message to investors who'll have confidence to invest in the country leading to Jobs which will ultimately put food on ur table
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Tats(m): 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
See GDP growth for Nigeria from 2000 to 2013 according to world bank. But where has this led us to? 7.0 is not new!

2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013
5.3 4.4 3.8 10.4 33.7 3.4 8.2 6.8 6.3 6.9 7.8 4.9 4.3 5.4

source:
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.KD.ZG/countries/NG?page=2&display=default
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by PLEXPLEX(m): 4:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
This is only when GEJ continues
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by tenacous(m): 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
uokocha70:
Modified:
This made front page, so let's talk now.
It is very good for the economy to grow. However talk is cheap. We don't want all these paper stuff. Is it too much to ask for tangible things?
Example:
1. Building a system that ensures teachers’ salaries are never delayed at all levels; Primary to tertiary.
2. Building infrastructure. This is the one we feel every day, and the one that gives governments their highest ratings.
3. Solving all these issues with incessant strikes, which is currently at its highest with this government. Government hospitals are on strike, and the judiciary is also on strike.
4. Giving us a clear blue print of where you are heading in the next 4 years. Not when things happen by chance you quickly claim it and when bad happens, you blame it on your enemies and distractors.

Are these too much to ask?

Yes CNN thinks our economy will grow in 2015, which is good. What we now want is what this government is planning to do to drive that growth. Where the heck is their manifesto?

uokocha70
jonathan is workin

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by ceejayluv(m): 4:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
Tats:

Corruption is the bane of our society and you should know that. Why have an EFCC and waste public funds if it is doing nothing? I don't care whether Buhari calls it corruption or kwarrapshun, i only care about whether an individual is willing to stamp it out. He ruled this country for a period in 1984 and 1985 and should know what needs to change, even if there were many controversies surrounding his rule. It will take someone with guts to change this country. What do you expect in a country where many people only care about their selfish interest. If corruption continues and oil prices stay low, life is only going to get worse for the average man as there will now be so little left to develop the country after those in power have finished stealing budget funds.

If a minister does well, commend the minister and then say the Government of XYZ is doing well in the particular area. Doing well in one or a few areas of the economy is hardly enough. If you do well in 4 subjects of 8 in final exams in secondary school, would that get you into a University?

On a general note, its high time we all started looking at who can get us out of the perpetual mess we have been in and get our economy moving properly and not on paper. We need to get beyond tribal, religious, language, regional and other sentiments in other to move forward.
Tell the emboldened to the average northern gmb supporters who are mainly canvassing for their "brother" to be in Aso Rock strictly on ethno-religious sentiments. They've killed hundreds in the past and they're still willing to kill more for that purpose...
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by millionaireman: 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
Akpan107:
The support for Buhari and APC is fast dropping on NairaLand. Even 50 ''Like'' you guys hardly get.

Make una just give-up. Game over!!

Circumstances surrounding Buhari's statement of result from Katsina or Cambridge - I donknow from where - must weaken even a die-hard Buhari supporter.

He who goes to equity must have clean hands: Buhari has been campaigning on curbing corruption, yet what qualifications he got before he joined the army and what qualifies him today to contest for presidency remain controversial.

Buhari is known as Muhammadu, but the statement of result obtained for him bears the name: Mohamed. These are controversial issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Lachynos2k2(m): 4:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
samxylino:
I can nev trust DAT America CNN...
dey just trying everything to make destroy buhari and get d clueless fool into DAT position again...

America knows what's at stake if buhari wins DAT election...(Boko Haram wud b defeated)....de don't want DAT to happen... de want d clueless fool again...jona won't b able to handle boko......dey just wanna send their fucking troops to Nigeria......

I hope what de did in Iraq won't b repeat in Nigeria ..

dis piece of shit z a plan....
I think the real clueless fools are your parents for not giving you proper education...after reading this news from cnn,anyone here who insults my president insults me...dat dude is my hero..gej all apc monkeys come back to dia senses.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by LewisO: 4:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
Growing economy, with no difference! undecided
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by mustymatic(m): 4:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
awodman:
https://mobile.twitter.com/CNNMoney/status/558528588207517697?p=v

Another Reason to VOTE GEJ

HaHa...d money na Audu... we no dey see am, not a good reason if u ask me
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by PlutoLA(m): 4:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
dougivilla:
Dude, you really need lecture in elementary economics!!! See what the old syllabus of Almajiri education, a la GMB has done to you?

Really? Again with yr immaturity. Well why don't you explain to me why the growing economy isn't improving all those things I mentioned,instead of throwing sarcastic comments
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by hardbody: 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
The same country they said will disintegrate in 2015. US and their mouthpiece CNN speaking from both sides of the mouth since Hijra.

This expectation of fastest growing economy, where do they expect this to happen, when we have all been blown to smithereens? Is their expectation of our disintegration not one of the reasons why they have failed and refused to sell armaments to us to fight BH? And when they even made all the noise about coming to help us find the chibok 200+ girls, they quietly left with their tails under their legs.

They should go and sit down for dirty joor. Rogue state pretending to be the World police.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by ahbey(m): 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
Another reason to vote GEJ...there's hope, the country is progressing.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Abiyeee(m): 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
Another reason to vote GEJ

GEJ till 2019
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by elisjini: 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
Statistics show that Nigeria has become the favoured destination of investors coming into Africa recording the highest investment of $8.4billion (around 930 billion). Government’s target is to attract $20 billion worth of foreign investments in three years.

The Jonathan administration has in less than two years put Nigeria on the path of economic recovery. In 2011 for instance the Nigerian economy following International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecast, Nigeria was expected to witness 5.9 percent GDP growth but figures from the Federal Bureau of Statistics in Nigeria showed that by third quarter of 2011 the GDP growth stood at 7.3 percent
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by twerkjack: 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
hazyfm1:
hahahahaha
laughing in chinese
IMAGINE! EVEN ISIS 2[size=4pt]ND[/size] HEAD OFFICE (IRAQ) IS 4TH ON THIS LIST

[size=18pt]Nigeria! Always growing on paper but in reality? The nation is a joke! A failing state.[/size]
SOMETIMES WHEN I SEE STUFF LIKE THIS, I BEGIN TO WONDER IF NIGERIA IS ANOTHER COUNTRY OR IF IM REALLY LIVING IN NIGERIA? SERIOUSLY! WHERE DOES ALL THIS GROWTH TAKE PLACE
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by vivieniwunna00e(f): 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
GEJ for life!,more progress for naija to come..regardless of all ur hypocrites rovering all ova,ur goodluck and good works will surely speak for u!
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by dougivilla(m): 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
PlutoLA:

Really? Again with yr immaturity. Well why don't you explain to me why the growing economy isn't improving all those things I mentioned,instead of throwing sarcastic comments

DEFINITION of 'Economic Growth': An increase in the capacity of an economy to produce goods and services, compared from one period of time to another. Economic growth can be measured in nominal terms, which include inflation, or in real terms, which are adjusted for inflation. If this does'nt help, I'm sorry there is nothing else I can do! We can continue political discuss anyway!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ajimobi Inaugurates APC Edo Election, Appeal Committees / Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession / Ahmad Lawan: Drug Barons Funding Terrorists, Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.