Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances (6584 Views)

OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! / APC In Panic Mode Because Agbaje Will Win In Lagos – Fani- Kayode / “buhari Will Die In Office, Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos Guber Election” – Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by tonychristopher: 7:22am On Jan 28, 2015
ezugegere:
The person that posted this trash must be high on cow dung! Is it by force to support Association of Political Criminals? Must I support Arewa Progressive Congress? No! I won't support Aggressive People Congress! I am from Kogi state doing business in Lagos. I'm tired of unreasonable extortions in the name of taxes! What exactly has APC been doing with the huge taxes they're collecting from us? Lagos state is richer than 15 states put together. What has Fashola to show for the huge IGR? Sharing in with Tinubu, abi? MY VOTE IS FOR JIMI! You will be supprised when PDP takes over Lagos state. The fraud called Fashola will be exposed and the world will see!

They think its only Igbo thing
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 7:34am On Jan 28, 2015
FreeGlobe:

your rants would have been useful if you channelled this energy on your native state of osun. its a pity that after these rants, you will still pay your rents to an igbo landlord in Lagos, still seek job from an igbo run company, still buy goods from an igbo, still be deported to osun by the next governor as Fashola has done. What you should know is whether Agbaje or Ambode you must be bound to perform this task or be thrown out. If you had channelled this energy to

You are a dullard!

How can I covet what is mine? what I control?

If I can be against a Yoruba candidate because of ibo support, what of if the candidate is now ibo?
Can you now see you are non-starters?

Igbo landlord? Igbo company?
Delusions or wishful thinking?

It's only Igbo traders I know.

I hope you deactivate this moniker when Ambode wins. I'll so mock you...
Nonsense!
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 7:38am On Jan 28, 2015
Balkan:
my son, fashola won bc igbos voted for him. Igbo vote + yoruba half vote = Jk winning. Igbos will now take their rightful position in Lagos the agenda is working

Fashola won because ibos voted for him?
Yet you need half of Yoruba vote for JK to win?
Can't you see you are just a dull fellow?
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 7:43am On Jan 28, 2015
BuddahMonk:
We will be contesting in no man's land Lagos but anyday a yoloba will dream of that in East we will kill him and dump his body on Ezu River or Okija Shrine cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Sharrap!
Who even wants to contest in a barren, unfruitful, erosion-devastated land.

Keep contesting and failing in Lagos. Some Yorubas will always feed fat on your folly.
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 7:49am On Jan 28, 2015
Remarkable:

If you are "pissed off" because an Igbo man is a commissioner in Lagos state..., what will you do when the PDP candidate wins and more Igbos are appointed, runs for office in LGAs etc and get elected... buy more (cheaper) land in Lagos .. and so on and so forth... something tells me you will go the Awolowo route... of course buying the otapiapia from an Igbo man.

NL won't miss you smiley

The PDP can't win! Why are you guys so unnecessarily optimistic?

ibos' open support for Jimi Agbaje has ruined his chances.

This thread is to create awareness among undecided Yorubas.

Are you a learner?
Bloody ingrates!

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 28, 2015
VirginFinder:

The PDP can't win! Why are you guys so unnecessarily optimistic?

ibos' open support for Jimi Agbaje has ruined his chances.

This thread is to create awareness among undecided Yorubas.

Are you a learner?
Bloody ingrates!

better speak for yourself.Jimi is a lagos indigene unlike Tinubu,Fashola and Ambode!!! Lagos state indigens would vote in their son.This is not just an igb only affair.Even other non-yoruba residents of Lagos would vote for Jimi.

Ambode is no match for Jimi!!! all those shouting ambode are just doing so because of sentiments
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 8:04am On Jan 28, 2015
chukwudi44:

better speak for yourself.Jimi is a lagos indigene unlike Tinubu,Fashola and Ambode!!! Lagos state indigens would vote in their son.This is not just an igb only affair.Even other non-yoruba residents of Lagos would vote for Jimi.

Ambode is no match for Jimi!!! all those shouting ambode are just doing so because of sentiments

Oh, so now you know Lagos has indigenes? It's no more a no man's land? lol

Jimi Agbaje is in the wrong party and openly backed by the wrong people. That's his undoing.

Why aren't other tribes openly endorsing any of the candidates?

ibos want to prove a point and Yorubas will humble them once again.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 28, 2015
VirginFinder:

Oh, so now you know Lagos has indigenes? It's no more a no man's land? lol

Jimi Agbaje is in the wrong party and openly backed by the wrong people. That's his undoing.

Why aren't other tribes openly endorsing any of the candidates?

ibos want to prove a point and Yorubas will humble them once again.

olodo We have original omo eko and not immigrants from Osun state like you

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 8:07am On Jan 28, 2015
chukwudi44:

olodo We have original omo eko and not immigrants from Osun state like you

hahahahaha

If I'm an immigrant in Lagos, then you are a refugee!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by nzeadachie: 9:03am On Jan 28, 2015
VirginFinder:

Sharrap!
Who even wants to contest in a barren, unfruitful, erosion-devastated land.

Keep contesting and failing in Lagos. Some Yorubas will always feed fat on your folly.
STAY AND FFED FAT ON THEIR FOLLY LAZY PEOPLE, ONE DAY IGBOMAN WILL BUY YOUR FAMILY HOUSE AND YOU WILL BECOME TENANT
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 28, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Illiteracy of the highest order undecided

If Igbos pitched their tents with Agbaje, it is because of APC anti Igbo/business/GEJ stand. cool

APC have themselves to blame for rolling out programs that are not people friendly especially programs that make us wonder why some hypocritical tribes fought for one Nigeria. grin

Thank you

Now

APC e-thugs go back to bed grin
Lolz. And u think Agbaje and bode George will serve u better? We only need the northerners and the Tivs' support and we are in AS USUAL! Did u know? Agbaje ran to PDP because Tinubu refused to be his godfather and support him..Keep deceiving urself.
Like the oba of Lagos said, PDP CANNOT rule Lagos. The gods have spoken.
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by Malawian(m): 11:14am On Jan 28, 2015
the same northerners that APC's fashola banned their primary means of livelihood in Lagos. grin grin grin

APC should start preparing their handover notes. cool cool
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 12:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
nzeadachie:
STAY AND FFED FAT ON THEIR FOLLY LAZY PEOPLE, ONE DAY IGBOMAN WILL BUY YOUR FAMILY HOUSE AND YOU WILL BECOME TENANT

ibos that can't pay their subsequent rents after the first payment want to buy someone's family house.

Who doesn't know that ibos are the worst rent defaulters in Lagos?

Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
Aloralord1:

Lolz. And u think Agbaje and bode George will serve u better? We only need the northerners and the Tivs' support and we are in AS USUAL! Did u know? Agbaje ran to PDP because Tinubu refused to be his godfather and support him..Keep deceiving urself.
Like the oba of Lagos said, PDP CANNOT rule Lagos. The gods have spoken.

You overestimate the population of non-Yorubas in Lagos. Too bad. sad

It is only on election day, you will appreciate the true population of Yorubas in Lagos. Trust me.

Ever been to the Redemption Camp during a special service? Most (the overwhelming majority) of the worshippers are Yoruba Christians based in Lagos. That should give you an idea.

PDP'll lose woefully as long as Yorubas decide not to split their vote. That's why I created this thread.

Why didn't Jimi Agbaje pick an ibo deputy to 'brighten' his chances?
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by FreeGlobe(f): 1:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
VirginFinder:

You overestimate the population of non-Yorubas in Lagos. Too bad. sad

It is only on election day, you will appreciate the true population of Yorubas in Lagos. Trust me.

Ever been to the Redemption Camp during a special service? Most (the overwhelming majority) of the worshippers are Yoruba Christians based in Lagos. That should give you an idea.

PDP'll lose woefully as long as Yorubas decide not to split their vote. That's why I created this thread.

Why didn't Jimi Agbaje pick an ibo deputy to 'brighten' his chances?
whether Agbaje or Ambode, ndiigbo will still run Lagos. Lagos indegenes do not want to associate with you lots because they know without igbos, their state will look like the state of osun or Ibadan. Go see Ibadan airport and tell me while Lagosians need owambe yorubas like you
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by nzeadachie: 11:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
VirginFinder:

ibos that can't pay their subsequent rents after the first payment want to buy someone's family house.

Who doesn't know that ibos are the worst rent defaulters in Lagos?

Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by SOUNDKING: 12:32am On Jan 30, 2015
Ghadaffi saw people like this anu mpama op, when he said ''divide this nation'' am calling on jonathan, it is either u win or you open this Cage.
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 10:18am On Jan 30, 2015
[quote author=nzeadachie post=30258350][/quote]

Lame!
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 10:22am On Jan 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

whether Agbaje or Ambode, ndiigbo will still run Lagos. Lagos indegenes do not want to associate with you lots because they know without igbos, their state will look like the state of osun or Ibadan. Go see Ibadan airport and tell me while Lagosians need owambe yorubas like you

Sharrap.

Whether ibos 'run' Lagos or not is your cup of tea.

My own is that ibos should stay off our local politics.

We rarely patronise local airports in other SW states for many obvious reasons hence their neglect. Lagos airports are good enough for us.
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by FreeGlobe(f): 10:40am On Jan 30, 2015
VirginFinder:

Sharrap.

Whether ibos 'run' Lagos or not is your cup of tea.

My own is that ibos should stay off our local politics.

We rarely patronise local airports in other SW states for many obvious reasons hence their neglect. Lagos airports are good enough for us.
certainly no igbo is concerned about amala politics. How many times have you seen igbos discussing NURTW politics of Ibadan. we don't care. Just leave Lagos for Lagosians is what we ask of you. Lagos is not your local politics.
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 10:48am On Jan 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

certainly no igbo is concerned about amala politics. How many times have you seen igbos discussing NURTW politics of Ibadan. we don't care. Just leave Lagos for Lagosians is what we ask of you. Lagos is not your local politics.

Then who's local politics is it?

Are Lagosians(not Lagos residents) not Yorubas?
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 9:53am On Jan 31, 2015
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 9:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
Happy new month.
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2015
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by jdilight(m): 10:30am On Feb 04, 2015
VirginFinder:
It is no more news that ibos have ditched their own son, Bob Okoroji of APGA, in favour of Jimi Agbaje of PDP despite the fact that they did not get the much coveted deputy governorship slot.

It's ok by me. It's all part of democracy.

However, I make bold to say that this open/glaring show of support for Jimi Agbaje by the ibo community in Lagos will be his(Jimi Agbaje's) undoing in the forthcoming elections.
If I were him, I'll caution the ibos against so doing.
The reason is that, he now looks like an ibo candidate set to dance to the whims and caprices of the ibo community who will claim to have been responsible for his victory should he emerge the winner at the polls albeit by general support.

Also, their support for Jimi Agbaje is premised on nothing else than his promising them of more political appointments in Lagos than the current APC government has given them.
Doesn't that show greed, selfishness and ingratitude on the part of the ibos? When you give ibos an inch, they ask for a yard.
Why are other tribes not openly declaring support for a candidate?

Tinubu had to create a ministry from the blue just so that an Igbo man could be made commissioner. How many more of such 'ministries' will Jimi Agbaje have to create just to please the ibos and not offend the Yorubas?

Is there any way Jimi Agbaje will give ibos more political appointments without legitimate Yorubas having to lose ground/positions?

Is that fair?

Personally, I have nothing against Jimi Agbaje and he looks like a more serious and better candidate than Ambode. Ambode can't just stop smiling unnecessarily. It pisses me off!

However, with the way ibos are carrying Jimi Agbaje on their head just because of their selfish interest, I have no choice but to throw my weight behind Akin Ambode of APC if not for anything but to prove to ibos that their '90%' population in Lagos will neither be able to give them any elective position in Lagos or decide who wins any election for that matter.

This is the feeling among majority of Yorubas and it's the reason most of them will vote for APC.
Take it or leave it.

Serving ibos the humble pie every now and then is a task that must be done!!
In Lagos, APC win! Ambode wins!! By God's grace. Amen.

Cheers.

The lgbos don't need political post in Lagos, but a protection for their businesses.

Do you know how many illegal means the state use in taking the hard earned money of the businessman in Lagos?

A driver friend could not count 3000 naira offer a week of driving his own danfo in Lagos. Either this force takes the money today or another will tomorrow.

That is one of the many travail of the Igbo man and his business in Lagos.
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
Igbos have endorsed again...
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 9:38am On Feb 18, 2015
Why are ibos so full of themselves albeit wrongly?
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 9:59pm On Feb 19, 2015
k
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 10:47pm On Feb 21, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The MOSSAD Offers To Help Nigeria Tackle Boko Haram / INEC To Start Distributing Permanent Voters’ Card / Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.