Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? (3291 Views)

See The Chat Between Two People Who Shared Intimacy At The Club (photo) / What Kind Of Man Would Be Fit For Me? / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by dearie(m): 7:40am On Aug 20, 2006
That two people are in love does not necessarily mean they are good for marriage.

Do you believe it? Then what determines longevity in marriage?
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by dondele(m): 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2006
love determines it. love, respect and tolerance.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by Seun(m): 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2006
The original post is very true. Love is just a feeling, but marriage is about compatibility. If you must fall in love, fall in love with someone that's compatible with you. For love to be rewarding, you need to choose correctly.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by dondele(m): 9:26pm On Aug 21, 2006
i believe there aint no formular out there for love cuzz if there is, i sure wud have got it by now.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by Seun(m): 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2006
There's are many good formulars for a good relationship, which naturally brings feelings of love.

There's no formular for shallow love. Fortunately, that kind is not important except in movies.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by GNature(m): 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2006
@dearie

I think what you are saying is that if two people are in
love, is it still possible for them to be unfit for marriage?

To me, Love is a major component for marriage. But there are
other things to consider. For instance, may be neither party are
mature enough for the union. Or neither one of them is
financially stable.

Plus, may be the couple have not known each other long
enough. Either way, I think people should not just jump into
marriage as soon as they feel they are in love. Give the
relationship time to develop. smiley
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by Busta(f): 12:11am On Aug 23, 2006
thats weird, but kinda real. two pple in love does not warrant marriage. hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by ZuluNation(m): 12:15am On Aug 23, 2006
Busta:

thats weird, but kind of real. two people in love does not warrant marriage. hmmmmmmmmm

Good point, I was once in love with a Hausa girl a very long time ago, but we knew we could never get married no matter how much we loved each other.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by Busta(f): 1:02am On Aug 23, 2006
Hey Zulu, where u 4m if she's hausa?
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by ZuluNation(m): 1:24am On Aug 23, 2006
Busta:

kool!

grin grin Just kidding I'm Igbo.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by chinani(f): 5:23am On Aug 23, 2006
dearie:

That two people are in love does not necessarily mean they are good for marriage.
Absolutely true! People change and if the people in love have not "Come into themselves" if they are not very mature 25-28 then after couple of years of marriage they may not be as compatible & problems will develop.

dearie:
Then what determines longevity in marriage?
Love, very much so. But also the ability to complement each other, to be friends! To settle disputes well (w/o hurting feelings). To be honest! To be vulnerable!!!
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by crito(m): 6:40am On Aug 23, 2006
i share that pinion too,two people in love if they are not compatible,they may not be fit for marriage. grin grin grin
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by Seun(m): 7:18am On Aug 23, 2006
Chinani, what do you mean by "the ability to be vulnerable"? Is that good or bad?
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by chinani(f): 7:39am On Aug 23, 2006
Seun:

Chinani, what do you mean by "the ability to be vulnerable"? Is that good or bad?
Good.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by Seun(m): 7:47am On Aug 23, 2006
How can "being susceptible to physical or emotional injury" be good? It sounds like a weakness to me!
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by Oracle(m): 8:33am On Aug 23, 2006
Itz possible that two people in Love do not get to settle down as Husband and Wife.
But LOVE should be the foundation of any relationship that will end up in Marriage
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by babonboard(f): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2006
It is quite true that two people in love might not be fit fo marriage but Love should always be the foundation of marriage.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by charm01(m): 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2006
Its so unfortunate that what most of us use as a yardstick for marriage is feelings which wanes or fade away with time.Many people who claim to be in love during dating and courtship realize they fall out of it soon after honey moon.As important as love is IN marriage it should not be totally based on mere feelings.The realization of the fact that responsibility demands that i take care of my partner and see to making him or her a better person keeps any couple tied to the vows of marriage.So also is the issue of destination so Germain when considering who to marry.Many C.E.O's fall in love with their secretaries because they feel more comfortable talking about their business with them whereas their wives know no jack about their husbands business.The result of this is that the man prefers to communicate with the secretary and ignores the woman at home. There and then,the wax that binds them together melts gradually.So love is just one of the elements that keeps a marriage,others include,responsibility,communication and, destination. wink
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by Anabib(f): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2006
The Long and Short Story here is all about COMPATIBILITY

love is not the Major criteria for marriage.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by walex4luv(m): 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2006
Well, I believe the most important yardstick used in knowing the right choice in Marriage is Love. I think LOVE is the Primary qualification and all others qualities or attributes are just secondary. So, If there exist true love between both parties I can tell you they should be fit for the ALTAR,
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by dennylove(m): 10:13pm On Aug 23, 2006
yes , LOVE IS EVERYTHING!!!but,what about if they are not predestined to marry?will you FORCE them to do it?you know,there are two things in a relationship,ONE,is to say I LOVE YOU,and the TWO,is to keep the WORDS, I LOVE YOU, AND THE PROMISES THATS FOLLOWS.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by soldjaboi: 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2006
Love is definitely enough reason for marriage, most of us feel were in love but sit down in silence and darkness and think what you have. i have a girl whose miles apart , she never calls and whenever i challenge it shes always like if i dont call pls do call and find out , y do laodies have to take the balck seat and watch the boi do the streesss of making teh relaptionship work out. its not fair. our naija sisters arent so good in relaptionships they just watch you do it and think if you are ryt, always wishin for the better, am one of those few who dont bliv in marriage coz ladies are never willing to giv u their hart 110 % . feel me brovas, be realists and youll never be hurt. definiteli love is not enuff reason to marry but if you do feel it so hard, then gp for that sista.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by dennylove(m): 1:46am On Aug 24, 2006
There are thingS that can hinder you from marrying your partner
1, lack of communication
2, showing no interest
3lack of loving n caring
4lack of time spending
5lack of respect
6lack of appreciation E.T.C
you will lose everything if you are in LOVE, but don't know how to ACT.

1 Like

Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by meshach: 3:39am On Aug 24, 2006
To me i feel, Love is the ability to cope with the negative part of the opposite sex.

So i think when two are in love its determins who love each most and then sky is the limit
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by lamis(f): 9:10am On Aug 24, 2006
[color=#770077][/color] cool When twompeople areTRULY in love they should consider living together till death do them part.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by thupsie(m): 10:12am On Aug 24, 2006
i have totally agree with charm1 he has just said it all, i mean the Bilble tell mi that GOD is LOVE so what we are all saying is that ,we can only have feeling for each other as the time the relationship is starting and by gruadual process it becomes LOVE through good responsibility!
Thank You
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by lunafish(f): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2006
What determines longevity in marriage?

Knowledge of your personalities, pasts, goals, families, wants, needs, perspectives.
An ability to be independent of each other in a way that compliments your lifestyles; couples who spend too much time together don't last, omit each others' dreams and build resentment.
Maturity.
An understanding of your vows; not bending and breaking them to suit yourselves or hold the other person in a subordinate position.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by mgbolise(f): 9:33am On Aug 25, 2006
if two people are in love then give me a reason why they shouldnt get married.love is a true feeling and it never dies so if u are in love and u get married there are possibilities that u could remain in love till the end.dats if there is compatibility.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by tellmemore(m): 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2006
From my findings and everyday observation. I have come to the conclusion that , ' you love with your heart and marry with your head' .

Marriage is an entirely different ball game my people. What you thing is relevant when you are in love is not visible anymore when you are married.

My advise? If what you can cope with for the rest of your life in a partner is more than what you cannot tolerate then go on.

If its the other way round , run. Nothing like 'he/she wiill change'.

I like the technic my fiancee is using amyway grin
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by otokx(m): 9:34am On Aug 26, 2006
this is quite interesting.
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by Kintayo(f): 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2006
You are all right anyway, My own point of view is that for any relationship that want to lead to marriage there must be a foundation, A marriage is an institution, a house entirely, & if you want to have a solid & lasting building you must have a solid foundation, this also appear to the issue of marriage, for all & any successful marriage there must be a foundation & what is the foundation? LOVE, what did God said about LOVE? Love is patient and kind, love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. love does not demand its own way. love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance, Love will last forever, Mind you the love that will last is a real love not mere love, & if you want to have a lasting marriage you must have all it take to love a person with who & what he or she is
Re: Two People In Love May Not Be Fit For Marriage? by elektra(f): 12:11am On Aug 27, 2006
hey how can pple in love not wanna get married

thats weird
if u r in love u should be able to tolerate that persons bad habits
wxcept if it is unacceptable stuff like cheating e.t.c

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wat Shd I Get My Boyfriend On His Graduation? / Watching A World Cup Match Or Spending Time With Her? / Romance Section: Legendary Award - VOTE NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.