Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi (48162 Views)

IGP Idris Visits Wike: "You Disrespected Me By Withdrawing MY CSO" - Wike / Charging Of Phones Infront Of My Office In Badagry This Morning / The 8 Key Achievements Of President Buhari At 100 Days In Office - By Nnawetanma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Trut(m): 7:35am On Jan 26, 2015
texalux:
Wot do u expect frm a frustrated presdent? I dont blame him no matter how hard u try mr ebola Jonathan u must fail, sai Buhari!

When you a child speak, you go know. What you wrote doesn't make sense undecided

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Bluepamex: 7:36am On Jan 26, 2015
jmoore:
He should report GEJ to Obama.
grin

Amaechi, learn from Rochas. You talk too much.
No let him take Gej to the court that he shut down in Rivers state for about two years now.yeye dey smell
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Opinedecandid(m): 7:36am On Jan 26, 2015
Could someone ask Amaechi these questions: :-
Who is occupying the higher Office in Nigeria?
Who is the Boss and the Surbordinate, respectively?
Who was the first to disrespect who?
Who is supposed to take others from who and who supposed to be loyal to who?
Infact, Nairalanders, WHO DO YOU THINK WILL LAUGH LAST?
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by killuminati(m): 7:37am On Jan 26, 2015
Jonathan is a very lawless monkey who thinks he's living in an animal kingdom.. The king of the jungle, General Lion Mohammadu Buhari will show him pepper very soon.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by pupsyd: 7:38am On Jan 26, 2015
which kind yeye office?
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 26, 2015
Yinka Odumakin, the former spokesman of
(APC) Presidential Candiadate, Muhammadu
buhari, has said that the main opposition party,
APC thrives on lies and has spent a lot of money
on propaganda
to deceive Nigerians.
Odumakin stated that the APC has exploited the
media and propaganda to bewitch Nigerians. He
urged Nigerians to think deeply and reflect on
the antecedents of APC leaders, adding that
prominent chieftains of the party were at one
time or the other key stakeholders in the PDP.
He said, "Tambuwal is PDP speaker,
governorship candidate in Katsina State, Aminu
Bello Masari, was PDP speaker. The man they
are propping up to be Senate President, Bukola
Saraki, was a PDP governor for eight years and
senator for four years before they form New PDP.
Rotimi Amaechi, was PDP speaker for eight
years. Even Obasanjo, their navigator was PDP
president for eight years. Same for Segun Oni,
Oyinlola, El-Rufai and many others."
"Today, if APC says they can make a chicken to
fly like an eagle, many Nigerians will believe
them because APC has the media capacity to do
that. They have mastered the strategy of
propaganda to colour the thinking of our
people".

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Forwetinnah: 7:38am On Jan 26, 2015
Chai..see who dey talk about disrespect? Chai..chai..chai!! Ameachi thinks he's the President of Nigeria already...i pity for APC o, this dog will definitely bite them one day
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by cronus: 7:40am On Jan 26, 2015
Una no smart at all. You people don't think he did it on purpose because he knew they would force their way in?

All na strategy. After elections when they dispute the results they will saw "after all you saw how they used soldiers to take over a stadium forcefully, much less the ballot boxes".

Did you see Amaechi make any serious effort from stopping them using the stadium. It's a setup they don't even know they walked into.

Do you know how many stadiums are available in Port Harcourt. Talk less of this one that is not even in the center. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 26, 2015
UchihaMadara:

This made my day
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:42am On Jan 26, 2015
dBard:
Amaechis b.s is just too much..
Absolutely NO regard for the office of the president.
one of his stooges actually came on radio to say the state government is on d same level with d f.g ,and no one has authority over the other.

Well,this is the authority..
GEJ has acted well f once.
Ask any secondary school student that does Government to teach you centralization (unitary) and decentralization (federalism and confederalism).

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by austinbrown: 7:42am On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi is a mad man
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 26, 2015
UchihaMadara:
Amaechi should have stood his ground, oh well, they say "He that runeth, will liveth".

Why you wan kill itachi now .....
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Ask any secondary school student that does Government to teach you centralization (unitary) and decentralization (federalism and confederalism).

Confused Man.... what kind of english is this....seems you ve the same Certificate problem as ur master Buhari
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Could someone ask Amaechi these questions: :-
Who is occupying the higher Office in Nigeria?
Who is the Boss and the Surbordinate, respectively?
Who was the first to disrespect who?
Who is supposed to take others from who and who supposed to be loyal to who?
Infact, Nairalanders, WHO DO YOU THINK WILL LAUGH LAST?
Go ask a student of Government to teach centralalization and decentralization.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Garrithe1st: 7:47am On Jan 26, 2015
So many youths who claim to be educated still do not know that State Governors are not Subordinates to the President in a Federal System. This is semi-illiteracy or perhaps a hangover of military rule.

Anyway GEJ once again shows his lack of sound judgement and the dearth of good advisers around him. He has fallen into a trap set for him by Amaechi and history will remember him as one who used the Armed forces to fight in behalf of the PDP.

Sai GMB/PYO 2015.

#Ihavedecided...

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by richardomoko: 7:48am On Jan 26, 2015
This dodo no get sense. Okponu after u go claim say GEJ na weakling. Popular in the eastern part of Nigeria during festivals you have a situation where the smaller masquerades come out to dance and display but when it is the turn of the bigger masquerade to show, the smaller ones scamper for cover and hide themselves else!
Monimatic:
The Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said that contrary to President Goodluck Jonathan’s claim, the President is not interested in a free and fair election.

Amaechi, who was reacting to soldiers’ occupation of the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium ahead of the Jonathan’s political campaign in the state on Wednesday, said the action of the President was an indication that he (Jonathan) was opposed to democratic norms.

The governor, who spoke in Government House in Port Harcourt on Sunday, explained that it was wrong for President Jonathan to order soldiers to take over the state-owned stadium, even when approval was not given by the state government.

He argued that a President should have respected the position of the state government in an ideal federation, particularly after telling the Peoples Democratic Party to use the Liberation Stadium.

Amaechi said, “Why is the President insisting on using the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium after we have told the PDP that work is currently going on there? It is unfortunate that the President is preaching one thing and doing another thing.

“If the President is truly interested in the conduct of a free and fair election, why did he order armed soldiers to forcefully take over a state government-owned facility when it was not given to him or the PDP?

“Why should a President elected in a democratic election, serving under a democratic dispensation order soldiers to take over a state-owned stadium? In an ideal federation, the President is supposed to respect our position, essentially after we asked them to use the Liberation Stadium at Elekahia, in Port Harcourt City.”

In a related development, the state PDP Chairman, Mr. Felix Obuah, confirmed the party’s readiness to use the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium on Wednesday.

Obuah said in a statement signed by his Special Adviser, Media, Mr. Jerry Needam, that the reason given by Amaechi on why he refused the party’s request to use the stadium was unacceptable.

The state PDP chairman argued that the stadium was built with state funds, maintaining that the facility was only conceptualised when Amaechi was a member of the PDP.

He, however, challenged the governor to name any capital project that he implemented since he defected to the APC in November 2013.

Obuah told members and supporters of the PDP to turn out in their large number to welcome the presidential campaign train in continuation of President Jonathan’s bid to earn a second term.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-not-interested-in-free-polls-amaechi/
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 26, 2015
maverick24:
truth be told I'm not a fan of GEJ or PDP but ameachi didn't try too. He's taking it too personal and immature. Howver, Sai buhari for a renewed Nigeria. God bless
how is he taking it personal?? Do u know that Gov Dickson of Bayelsa state is in a fracas with patience because of her domineering tendencies.Amaechi did nothing,if he did something, it was supporting pres Goodluck 2011 election.Goodluck fears his wife, eg chibok crisis,she had no right or duty organising that press conference(shes'snot just educated).Do you see Michelle obama behaving lyk dat? GEJ shld act lyk a man and stop creating enemies 4 himself.Amaechi brought infastructural development 2 Rivers state,better than peter odili.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Garrithe1st: 7:49am On Jan 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Go ask a student of Government to teach centralalization and decentralization.

The level of illiteracy in this nation is worrisome. Basic SS1 government class is sufficient to enlighten any educated person on these issues.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by owobokiri(m): 7:50am On Jan 26, 2015
mekaboy:
U get office?

Ask am o o oh
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:50am On Jan 26, 2015
kaycid77:

Confused Man.... what kind of english is this....seems you ve the same Certificate problem as ur master Buhari
Read again and then give yourself a big knock on the head.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:52am On Jan 26, 2015
Garrithe1st:

The level of illiteracy in this nation is worrisome. Basic SS1 government class is sufficient to enlighten any educated person on these issues.

cheesy
The problem is shocking.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Diligence: 7:53am On Jan 26, 2015
With Wike taking over as Governor of Rivers, and with Jonathan returning to complete what which he has started...where will Rotimi Amaechi be...? I guess by now, he wld hv perfected plans to jet out b4 his tenure elapses...
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Forwetinnah: 7:53am On Jan 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Nigeria is a federal state, not a unitary state. All the components parts get their power from the Constitution, not the centre.

Really?? Then when it comes to Security or saving some phantom missing girls, the order must come *from the center* not the Governor who was elected 1st hand to protect his state? Please don't even bring in the SOE gist because the State Governors are still in office .If anything happens to anybody in Libration Stadium. .It is the same Ameachi that would grant negative interviews, forgetting he asked them to use that venue in the 1st place. Una try well well

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by sanc2s(f): 7:54am On Jan 26, 2015
:PI thought u said jonathan cannever use the stadium.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Hilaskee(m): 7:54am On Jan 26, 2015
It is lawless for the President and the PDP to take over the stadium without permission. This is democracy and there are due process backed with the constitution.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by sanc2s(f): 7:58am On Jan 26, 2015
Its like this Nairaland don't have Age bracket. This texalux of a person sounds like someone who has gone mad before. #sounds so frustrated

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by owobokiri(m): 7:59am On Jan 26, 2015
Juliaann:
which office?

That of the Driver-in-Chief
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 26, 2015
I think Amaechi does not understand what respect means in his tradition. Come to think of it was it not the state PDP that applied to use the stadium's facilities? How does that affect GEJ? Or is it because they are hosting him there? When the stadium was not ready why did Amaechi and the APC used it twice? Are the Rivers PDP members that requested for it not tax payers in Rivers state? If he has power let him stop the PDP from using it. It was made clear to him by Wike that if he like he should go and put his grave there they will use it. Face Wike and leave presido alone.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Bluepamex: 8:00am On Jan 26, 2015
JEITO:
You disrespected your own office by refusing to allow them use the stadium as a civilised man should. So they took it by force. This shows that power pass power.

I hope your lodge in Abuja is still in a good condition after all the meetings held there because come May 29th, Rivers state will be too hot for you o.
Tell him to count Gej out of this, that stadium was built with our Rivers Money and not Amaechi papa money or Pa Buhari's stolen 2.8billion money then ,we, the Rivers people want to use our stadium to welcome the president of the federal republic of Nigeria.full stop

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Forwetinnah: 8:02am On Jan 26, 2015
OkeEsibe:
cambridge university releases statement: HAUSA LANGUAGE WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE CURRICULUM IN 1961

BUHARI WHO IS LYING OOO?

APC D HOOLIGANS PARTY

You dey mind them...dem shaparly go form letter from Cambridge telling us booboo, forgetting we still have elderly people with same Cambridge certificates alive to tell us the truth. shocked The people silly sha, they're good in twisting things to suit themselves grin
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:02am On Jan 26, 2015
If not that PDP is bent on abusing the peace pact signed in Abuja, I see no reason why it refused to make use of the Liberation Statdium, Elekahia, Port Harcourt. It is not far from Airforce Base, which the President's plane can land in, and then drive to the stadium. As a secondary school student, I used to walk from the stadium even beyond Airforce Base down to Presidential Hotel.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by fleet7(m): 8:02am On Jan 26, 2015
DaBullIT:

[size=20pt]They sought and he said no , GEJ's action is a typical abuse of power, the fact that Amaechi Said no , presidency should have found another venue and non of this would have happened, but the voices in GEJ's head told him

Haba , a whole you , you are the president for God's sake , this amaechi is a small boy to you, Oya command them to force the gate open and put soldiers everywhere, You are the Commander in chief joor

and the mumu just did that, You want to borrow something from someone even if you were the one who gave the person the thing initially, if the new owner says no , then accept no and look elsewhere, forcing what you want out of people is what we call Alonilowogba and that's what GEJ IS [/size]

Another illitrate that doesn't understand the diffence between federal and state power.Go back to school and read about federalism,and don't come and show your ignorance in puplic Amaechi the claim hard man let him enter the stadium then he will know if its his father's money they used to build the stadium it or government money that got approved from the center

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bafarawa: N4.6billion I Received From Dasuki Was For Spiritual Purpose / Meet The Poor People Paid N5000 Every Month By Nigerian Government / List Of Senatorial Candidates Submitted By APC To INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.