Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] (40877 Views)

DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] / DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by EndiaSami: 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2015
hello sir. can i have your contact email address please. thank you[color=#990000][/color]
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:29am On Feb 16, 2015
@endiasami, please check your mail. Random construction pictures.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 8:08am On Feb 16, 2015
Week 3, Day 13 of the ongoing project, 20 pile points achieved and 24 more pile points to construct. Working towards the backfilling and german floor casting already, construction is all about planning.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 12:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
Construction work in progress, pile cap excavation ongoing and the formwork for the pilecap being worked on by the carpenter. Today marks day 14.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 5:24am On Feb 18, 2015
More pile cap excavation pictures. The structural design for this building will have a pile cap seating on two (2) or three(3) pile points for a more sturdy balance and load transfer design.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2015
Braving the weather to continue working, rain please go away, it's still February. Pile cap excation in progress.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2015
Work today has been great and the team is in good spirit. 32 pile points bored and casted, 12 more points to deliver. Pile cap reinforcement construction also in progress, casting will take place tomorrow morning.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by semitunde: 9:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nice work guys. Been a while I did pile foundation.

Guys should note the pile cap excavations. Its not in all cases that you'll need to excavate. It just depends on the finished level required. In some cases, you may even have to increase the size of the cap to make up for height if too low.

Also, this is where the expertise of those doing the piling comes to bear. If the location of the bore points are inaccurate, you'll have issues when casting the pile caps, especially the double caps.

Good job op.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 5:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
@semitundde, thank you for the clarification and information. As observed by you, pile cap excavation is not applicable in all cases and for this site, it is to make up for the uneven topography.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by princechigzy(m): 8:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
This is the second Pile foundation I am witnessing for domestic residence.
Good job BITWORKS.

Sir I want to ask, what's the depth of drill and while didn't you inprovisingly case the pile reinforcement before dropping into the bore-hole?

We are assiduously awaiting the approved reviewed plan.

I greet my Senior class prefect Hajj. Most, welcome sir.

Well done Sir, I am learning.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:26am On Feb 23, 2015
@princechigzy, thanks for the compliment.

The depth of the pile is 15meters as recommended in the soil test report, and we did not case the reinforcement due to the fact that the soil is strong enough to stay in place while casting was ongoing. Most piles using casing are done on sandy soil that might collaspe and anti-soil and casing is used.

The reviewed floor plan will be posted online soon.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 11:20am On Feb 23, 2015
Boarding and Setting of pile cap reinforcement in progress, hopefully we should have 10 pile caps casted today.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by opalu: 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
Keep it up. Good works
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 4:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
Ongoing pile cap reinforcement fixing and boarding/bracing of formwork in pile cap pit. Concrete casting in progress also. Rained a. Bit earlier for like an hour plus but we should still be able to achieve much today, Day 19.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
Casting of pile point no.42 currently ongoing and also the casting of the remaining pile caps that has been boarded with reinforcement.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
Pile no.44 boring in progress, last pile point and its been a whole new experience. The soil topography really challenged the piling team but they surged on and we will be done soon.

Pile cap casting was also done and we now have a total of 10 pile caps done and 11 outstanding, and those will be casted by Saturday.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:19am On Feb 27, 2015
Pile cap no.44 achieved last nite, thank you Lord for seeing us through all the challenges.

Pile cap excavation of the remaining points continues today and casting will be done for pile caps with formwork and reinforcement already in place today, hopefully we should round up this stage by end of day or tomorrow.

Next stage, tie-beam!

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by cleric(m): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
Forgive my lack of awareness, but is the lithography of surulere similar to gbagada, Lekki and Ikoyi that it requires piles? Can you share the cost of this piling like some of our teachers on this forum did in the past?
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by century106: 8:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
BITSWORKS:
@keziah123, kindly find the old floor plans. Its being reviewed and we will post the new ones once the review is completed and approved.
Is it just me or has anyone noticed that there's something terribly wrong with the staircase in the building plan?
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
@cleric, a soil test as mandated by LASPPPA for submission of building approval was carried out and the recommended foundation was pile(bore pile) to the depth of 15m and diameter of 300mm. Hope this clarifies any ambuiguity. The total cost is N7million+ for 44 pile points(inclusive of pile cap and tie-beam).

@century106, there is nothing wrong with the staircase, it was designed initially as a split level housing unit hence you will notice that in the way the staircase was designed but that has been reviewed to a more simplier stair runs and the split levels taken out.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 7:02am On Mar 01, 2015
Happy new month!

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by century106: 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
BITSWORKS:

@century106, there is nothing wrong with the staircase, it was designed initially as a split level housing unit hence you will notice that in the way the staircase was designed but that has been reviewed to a more simplier stair runs and the split levels taken out.
OK nice
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 9:49pm On Mar 02, 2015
New month, new week. Backfilling started today and was almost completed by end of day, formwork and reinforcement work starts tomorrow and shouldd be completed by Thursay and casting should take place on Saturday.

The piling machine were also moved out of the site today to make room for building materials and a new mixer machine.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:26am On Mar 04, 2015
New work week started yesterday, wish I could be updating this thread everyday but the heart is willing but the body tires sometimes.

The formwork for the tie-beam started yesterday and we should be done by EOD today. The reinforcement work will also start today and hopefully we should be done by Thursday and casting will take place Friday or Saturday.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2015
Reinforcement work and formwork for tie-beam still ongoing, we are working assidiously to ensure we get it right before the casting of concrete takes place, slow and steady wins the race.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
Formwork and reinforcement placement was concluded on Saturday. Casting has been planned for Sunday morning.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
Casting of the tie-beam took place on Sunday, work started at about 8am and went smoothly except for 2 occasions when the mixing machine broke down but it was just a minor fault and it was fixed within minutes. Casting ended at about 8pm and this was due to the delays of fixing the mixer.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
First milestone comprising of 44nos pile points, 21nos pile cap and tie-beam has been achieved. We achieved this in 31 working days, our actual projection was 28 working days so we missed the mark by 3 days.

Next milestone is the 2nd milestone which will comprise of the German floor and blockwork to lintel level. Our projection for this is 28 working days also, hopefully we can hit the mark this time around.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 11:01am On Mar 11, 2015
Formwork for the tie-beam has been removed and we will leave to cure for some days before backfilling starts.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 10:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
Backfilling and wetting the sharp sand in progress, we had a little rain today so it helped the process.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by archiuseful(m): 1:27am On Mar 16, 2015
Gooday gbogboile. A good job welldone sir.
Sir what is the span of the ground floor ?
Hope you allow for expansion if required sir.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by twinskenny(m): 10:17am On Mar 16, 2015
good job... the setting out was nice

weldone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Notorious Ota Land-Grabber Elijah Adeogun aka Killer Arrested In Ogun State / Qatar Begins Construction Of 500,000 Housing Units For Less Privileged In Kaduna / 4 Bedroom Bungalow Enquiries on Design, Construction and Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.