Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? (6166 Views)

Janniseries Ottoman Turkish Xtian Forced Fighers / General Election Shows That ALLAH Is Greater Than Xtian Gods / Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Nobody: 5:04am On Jan 06, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

*coughs side comment*
I always say paul was an educated fraud cashing in on the rave of the moment
*comment ended*
Me thinks the situation in corinth plays a major role in deciphering that piece of biblical code smiley
If paul was living today and writing this in new york he might have said something different.

beggars belief why u're even commenting anyway. If he's a fraud why is that of paramount concern to you that you must interject more garboil?
My friend go find someplace to relax.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by busybein: 5:05am On Jan 06, 2009
so just because i comot hiaaa for 2 mins una wan finish my wesley abi?

wesley no mind them jare,make them talk tire,their talk no dey convincing enoff
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Nobody: 5:09am On Jan 06, 2009
WesleyanA:

I grew up in a tolerant environment. We went to my extended family's town every year during ileya (Ramadan) and celebrate with them. That didn't make us any less christian. Even the house (flat) we lived in was muslim and christian and we all interacted and got along. One of the families had a christian mom and muslim dad and there's nothing wrong with their marriage, in my opinion at least (unless you're talking about spiritual divorce when you mention 5 husbands lol).

If only "tolerance" were a ticket to heaven. My sister . . . read what Christ had to say about denying family to follow Him. Read what He said about bringing a sword between father and son, read Christ's statement about those who He refered to as His mother, brothers and sisters.

Unfortunately we live in a world where it is now easier to "rationalise sin" under the guise of being "open minded". Look i'm the first to tell you i'm no better than you, we are all striving to make heaven by God's grace . . . but the truth has to be said sometimes.

You can live with sinners from tomorrow till Jesus comes . . . if you are a sinner no heaven for you. The bible is plain . . . i repeat before you label me a bigot . . . i didnt write the bible. If you have issues with it go take it up with Jesus.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:15am On Jan 06, 2009
@david
Hey dude quit being a bigot, you see your name for dia Isi kada cheesy
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Nobody: 5:16am On Jan 06, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

@david
Hey dude quit being a bigot, you see your name for dia Isi kada cheesy

I think i need to buy all of you a dictionary so you don't misuse words you just see someone else use.
If Paul is a fraud, why are you bothered with him? Its such a simple question . . . no bigotry there. Its just like me saying Chris doesnt exist and yet i spend 24hrs of the day talking about him . . . sounds a little crazy.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by WesleyanA(f): 5:23am On Jan 06, 2009
davidylan:

If only "tolerance" were a ticket to heaven. My sister . . . read what Christ had to say about denying family to follow Him. Read what He said about bringing a sword between father and son, read Christ's statement about those who He refered to as His mother, brothers and sisters.

Unfortunately we live in a world where it is now easier to "rationalise sin" under the guise of being "open minded". Look i'm the first to tell you i'm no better than you, we are all striving to make heaven by God's grace . . . but the truth has to be said sometimes.

You can live with sinners from tomorrow till Jesus comes . . . if you are a sinner no heaven for you. The bible is plain . . . i repeat before you label me a bigot . . . i didnt write the bible. If you have issues with it go take it up with Jesus.

lmao. @ deny family to follow him. lol hahaha
why not accept family and follow him at the same time? shocked or better still, bring family along on the trip (if they agree).

busybein:

so just because i comot hiaaa for 2 mins una wan finish my wesley abi?

wesley no mind them jare,make them talk tire,their talk no dey convincing enoff

I tire o. lol
I will just commot from this topic i guess. tongue
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Nobody: 5:28am On Jan 06, 2009
WesleyanA:

lmao. @ deny family to follow him. lol hahaha
why not accept family and follow him at the same time? shocked or better still, bring family along on the trip (if they agree).

See hia, i say take it up with Jesus . . . shebi you know better than Him now.

Mark 10:28-31 28 Peter began to speak to him, “Look, we have left everything to follow you!” 29 Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, there is no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the gospel 30 who will not receive in this age a hundred times as much – homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, fields, all with persecutions – and in the age to come, eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

“If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple” (Luke 14:26).

No be me talk am o. If you vex tear the page from your bible or create your own open minded heaven. no wahala abi. grin there is plenty of space for you. 9 planets . . . na only one dey occupied.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by WesleyanA(f): 5:52am On Jan 06, 2009
davidylan:

See hia, i say take it up with Jesus . . . shebi you know better than Him now.

Mark 10:28-31 28 Peter began to speak to him, “Look, we have left everything to follow you!” 29 Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, there is no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the gospel 30 who will not receive in this age a hundred times as much – homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, fields, all with persecutions – and in the age to come, eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

“If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple” (Luke 14:26).
No be me talk am o. If you vex tear the page from your bible or create your own open minded heaven. no wahala abi.  grin there is plenty of space for you. 9 planets . . . na only one dey occupied.

that's your own interpretation of the passage. My interpretation is quite different.
Jesus is talking about "sacrificing all (including yourself) to follow him." This is especially for those who get a calling from God to go into the ministry. We all know that out of the numerous candidates he only chose twelve to follow him during his life on earth.

I don't interpret the passage as "leave your family because they're unclean" more like "leave your family because you have to sacrifice your relationship with them for relationship with ME"

He even mentions the same thing in Matt. 19:21. He told the man (in his quest to be perfect) that in order for him to be perfect and fit to follow him, he as to sell all his worldly possessions. The man couldn't do it because he was rich. It's easier for the poor to enter the kingdom of God.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Lady2(f): 6:51am On Jan 06, 2009
2 Cor 6
  Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people

It is saying that we shouldn't take on an unbelievers belief, we shouldn't follow them in their paths and become unbelievers also or become lukewarm or hide our beliefs or be like them. But it in no way states that you cannot marry an unbeliever, and that you cannot associate with them. If anything this verse would be a better argument for not associating with unbelievers than it would for not marrying unbelievers, as the point of marriage is not even hinted here.

To be unequally yoked with an unbeliever is to be holy and to be yoked with them is to be unholy with them, so what leads to unholiness? Marriage with them? No, just because one is married to a serial killer doesn't mean that the person committed the crime and has a hand in the killings, and that doesn't mean that the person condones such killings.

In all the passages about being unequally yoked in the Bible, both in the Old Testament or the New Testament, yoke never referred to marriage, but to a person being holy.

A person can still be holy even while married to an unbeliever.

You're choosing to read that verse in colored glasses. It starts off by saying: "If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her".
- "If a brother has a wife" . . . It is already established here that the two people are already married. Not that the brother is going to get a wife who is not christian

And so the question still remains, how can the brother have a wife that is an ubeliever if he isn't supposed to marry one in the first place? I haven't seen a place where you answered this, but you may have so I'll read on, but if you haven't please answer.

Because it says do not YOKE yourself. Yoke means to join, bond, unite etc. . . Duh

Joining, bonding, unity does not take place only in a marriage. One is bonded, united, and joined with the parents should we choose to be unequally yoked with them?
Seriously yoke does not pertain to marriage alone. Yoking takes place in friendships and partnerships, yup even in business. You are united as friends or as business partners, should we now not have unbelieving friends.

The scope of yoking is broad and not restricted to marriage, so should we also not have these other forms of yoking?
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by ttalks(m): 9:51am On Jan 06, 2009
Let's put it this way:
Even if 2 Corinthians 6:14 was not refering strictly to marriage as many people here are saying, doesn't its content still forbid marriage to unbelievers?

2Corinthians 6:14
(14)  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Doesn't its content suggest that there isn't supposed to be any close or binding union between believers and unbelievers?
Now we know that marriage has binding and very close unions between its participants.Then wouldn't those believers who decide to marry unbelievers be going against this commandment?

I know some people will throw up the question:Why then do we have unbelievers as friends?
Ok then, let's decide to cut off all our ties from unbelievers because of that command(although the bible does not say this grin).
Now,after cutting off all ties with unbelievers, does it in anyway now suggest that it is acceptable for a believer to marry an unbeliever? Of course not

This scenario I presented is described thus;in case it isn't understood :

The arguement by those who are saying it is ok for an unbeliever and a believer to get married is based on the fact that 2 corinthians 6:14 is not restricted to marriage or is not even talking about marriage but is referring to associations.
If that is the case,it automatically means it doesn't give room or accept marriages between unbelievers and believers because marriage can never come about without association first taking place.

So, busybein,lady,welsley,etc, whether you argue that it is not talking about marriage or not restricted to marriage alone,the end of it all is that it still does not promote marriage between believers and unbelievers because;according to your arguements,it is restricting associations between believers and unbelievers.
And we know that marriage definitely involves association between its participants.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by ttalks(m): 10:10am On Jan 06, 2009
Being unequally yoked describes a situation where the two involved in the yoke are not on the same page about the yoking issue.
Marriage involves having a common sense of values and an equal yoke between its participants.
Unequal yoking occurs when two individuals with different outlooks on the joining factor are put together.
Just like yoking a mule and a goat together to plough a field.That field is definitely going to be unevenly ploughed and the animals involved will definitely be in constant discomfort because they are not evenly/equally yoked.
A horse with another horse = equal yoking
A goat with another goat = equal yoking
A horse with a goat = unequal yoking

The whole concept about 2 corinthians 6:14 is that we should not get involved in a situation with unbelievers where we are left with no choice but to go along or bear the brunt with their decisions whenever they make them.
In situations like friendship and plain associations we have choices as to whether or not to go along or bear the brunt of their decisions or actions,but in marriage, we have no choice.So, marriage is the clear issue at stake here.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by mnwankwo(m): 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2009
  Since you claimed to have been a bible believing Christian before your change to the grail message, explain to us briefly what you think made you to be a bible believing Christian? you don't need to quote the scriptures, a simple narration will do.  And permit me to ask one more question, you do not have to answer this if you don't feel like it, what faith or convictions do you expect your children to have?

Hi again Olaadegbu,

I do not make claims. I do not believe in giving my personal spiritual journey because it is not necessary to understand my position on issues. Besides such personal testimonies are irrelevant to how a man stands before God. Thus I will not answer your question on my spiritual journey. Your second question is quite relevant and I will answer it. I am blessed with a son. My wife takes my very young son to a penticostal christian fellowship here in Norway. I do not in any way interfer with the spiritual decision of my wife and it is her decision that he takes our son to her christian church. I am indifferent to what church my son will go, that is his decision to make when he grows up. My duty as his father is to live according to the laws of God and demonstrate through my life and my activities what it really means to be a servant of God. Love God with all your heart and love your neighbour as yourself is the supreme commandment of God. My duty is to live according to this commandment. The virtues of love, humility, truthfullness, compassion, chastity, kindness etc are the consequences of living according to the laws of God and these virtues belong to no religion but purely an expression of living according to the laws of God. When through your activities, that is your actions, words, motives, thoughts, intution live according to the commandments of God, then your children, your wife and indeed all that cross your path will have a living example of love, harmony, beauty, justice, compassion, kindness, humility, heroism etc. It is this living example of what a real servant of God is that should be the foundation for their own journey for the search and recognition of God. Thus my duty is to live according to this supreme commandment of God and and my children will automatically sense and live this supreme commandment. Thus my children can decide for themselves which earthly faith they want to join and I welcome their decision as long as in their activities they live by this supreme commandment of God. Thus he can become a penticostal pastor, a catholic priest, an ahherent of the Grail Message, a Budhist etc and that is well with me as long as he lives the laws of God. Thus I have no problem with whichever faith he will choose but I will have a problem with him if his activities  he practices evil activities including lies, pride, idolatory, lust, envy, etc

I have no intention of converting my spouse or my children or indeed any person that cross my path since each person is free to decide for himself or herself where his or her path leads him. I have often said that a christian is one who lives according to the laws of God, that is one who loves God and love his neighbour. Whatever earthly religion they attach themselves is irrelevant to me. The duty of a husband and father is to love his wife and children as God loved his creatures. And in homes where this love exists, beauty and indeed heavenly harmony reigns supreme.  I am not theorising but it is what I am experiencing and what others that I know of are experiencing too. Marital bliss is easy to experience if intending couples marry one God destined for them. Good and evil are not determined by religious inclination but how ones activities is in synchronism or in contradiction with the laws of God. Look around you and you will get confirmation of this statements. Among all religions, their are good and evil people and that should be a pointer that goodness and evil is not determined by religion.

I have read contributions and argument are swelling to and fro with respect to what is agreement. Agreement refers to the spiritual qualities of the intending couple which express themselves as personality traits or values, pride or humility, love or hatred, chastity or unfaithfullness, anger or serenity, heroism or cawordice, hearlessness or compassion, purity or impurity, truthfulness or lies, addiction or dettachement, materialism or spirituality, selflessness or selfishness, harmony or disharmony etc. A couple whose values or personality traits or aspirations are for love, selflessness, humility, compassion, kindness, obedience to the commandments of God are on the same frequency and thus in agreement and what ever religion they adhere to has no relevance. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by osisi3(f): 3:08am On Jan 07, 2009
maybe the poster don give the girl belle sef and we're here arguing
where is he?
he made a single post and returned to incubate the chic in question
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by JJYOU: 10:56am On Jan 13, 2009
*osisi*:

maybe the poster don give the girl belle sef and we're here arguing
where is he?
he made a single post and returned to incubate the chic in question
chei
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:06pm On Jan 13, 2009
m_nwankwo:

Hi again Olaadegbu,

I do not make claims. I do not believe in giving my personal spiritual journey because it is not necessary to understand my position on issues. Besides such personal testimonies are irrelevant to how a man stands before God. Thus I will not answer your question on my spiritual journey.

The reason why I asked is for me to know whether you really know what is meant by the terms "born again" and "bible believing Christians" because many assume that they know the meaning but what they really mean are "Church goers", "nominal Christians", "Christians by name only" etc.  You do not have to give your own personal testimony if you don't want to but you can still give us a brief explanation of what you think who a Christian is.

m_nwankwo:

Your second question is quite relevant and I will answer it. I am blessed with a son. My wife takes my very young son to a penticostal christian fellowship here in Norway. I do not in any way interfer with the spiritual decision of my wife and it is her decision that he takes our son to her christian church. I am indifferent to what church my son will go, that is his decision to make when he grows up.

That is fair enough.

m_nwankwo:

My duty as his father is to live according to the laws of God and demonstrate through my life and my activities what it really means to be a servant of God. Love God with all your heart and love your neighbour as yourself is the supreme commandment of God. My duty is to live according to this commandment. The virtues of love, humility, truthfullness, compassion, chastity, kindness etc are the consequences of living according to the laws of God and these virtues belong to no religion but purely an expression of living according to the laws of God.

And where did you get those laws of God that you live by, the Bible which you don't believe is the Word of God?  Apart from our consciences that alarms us of what is right or wrong the Bible is the source of the moral laws of God for us to live by and to ask for the grace of God to abide by them and for it to be written on the table of our hearts.  Doing good works would not be sufficient because God expects us to be 100%, He expects perfection as His standard of holy living and since we cannot achieve that by our strength because if we break one we break all.  Jesus Christ came to fulfil this law by living by it and dying the vicarious death so that we can qualify through His own righteousness, since our best efforts are like a filthy rags before Him.  Your good works may be good for your family, friends and foes but it is not good enough for the righteous and holy God.

Looking at a flock of white sheep against a dirty, dusty background would seem to us that the sheep are very white but if you view these same set of sheep against the background of snow you will see that the sheep's white woolly clothing is not white afterall.  So we should not judge our righteousness against others that we see around us but based on God's own standard.

m_nwankwo:

When through your activities, that is your actions, words, motives, thoughts, intution live according to the commandments of God, then your children, your wife and indeed all that cross your path will have a living example of love, harmony, beauty, justice, compassion, kindness, humility, heroism etc. It is this living example of what a real servant of God is that should be the foundation for their own journey for the search and recognition of God. Thus my duty is to live according to this supreme commandment of God and and my children will automatically sense and live this supreme commandment. Thus my children can decide for themselves which earthly faith they want to join and I welcome their decision as long as in their activities they live by this supreme commandment of God. Thus he can become a penticostal pastor, a catholic priest, an ahherent of the Grail Message, a Budhist etc and that is well with me as long as he lives the laws of God. Thus I have no problem with whichever faith he will choose but I will have a problem with him if his activities  he practices evil activities including lies, pride, idolatory, lust, envy, etc

The Scriptures says the just shall live by faith.  Without faith it is impossible to please God.  Abraham the father of faith did not have to become a good man to please God, God imputed righteousness on him because he believed God.  God is looking for righteous men not good men because no one is good or righteous outside God's own righteousness and goodness.  It is only those that God makes righteous that can become righteous and holy and after the Holy Spirit has imputed God's righteousness upon the believer then good works that are products of this righteousness can be acceptable before the Almighty God.  We cannot bribe God with our self righteousness or "good works" these may please men but not God.

m_nwankwo:

I have no intention of converting my spouse or my children or indeed any person that cross my path since each person is free to decide for himself or herself where his or her path leads him. I have often said that a christian is one who lives according to the laws of God, that is one who loves God and love his neighbour. Whatever earthly religion they attach themselves is irrelevant to me. The duty of a husband and father is to love his wife and children as God loved his creatures. And in homes where this love exists, beauty and indeed heavenly harmony reigns supreme.  I am not theorising but it is what I am experiencing and what others that I know of are experiencing too. Marital bliss is easy to experience if intending couples marry one God destined for them. Good and evil are not determined by religious inclination but how ones activities is in synchronism or in contradiction with the laws of God. Look around you and you will get confirmation of this statements. Among all religions, their are good and evil people and that should be a pointer that goodness and evil is not determined by religion.

Jesus summarized the whole law into one word which is Love.  God is love.  He is the source of genuine love.  For you to be able to love God with all of your heart, soul and strength and to love your neighbours as yourself you will need the source of love in your heart.  It is not by your effort that you can love.  If you say that you love God why don't you love His Word, the Holy Bible?  You don't believe that it is the Word of God and in it you will find eternal life.  To love your wife the way Christ loved the church will take the grace of God through faith.  If your wife is truly a child of God as you claimed how is your marriage a bliss when you cannot pray together, worship God together in the Spirit and Truth? or fellowship in the same place?  Have different values and worldviews?  Unless what you meant was that you are the only one enjoying the marriage.

m_nwankwo:

I have read contributions and argument are swelling to and fro with respect to what is agreement. Agreement refers to the spiritual qualities of the intending couple which express themselves as personality traits or values, pride or humility, love or hatred, chastity or unfaithfullness, anger or serenity, heroism or cawordice, hearlessness or compassion, purity or impurity, truthfulness or lies, addiction or dettachement, materialism or spirituality, selflessness or selfishness, harmony or disharmony etc. A couple whose values or personality traits or aspirations are for love, selflessness, humility, compassion, kindness, obedience to the commandments of God are on the same frequency and thus in agreement and what ever religion they adhere to has no relevance. Stay blessed.

In as much as these values may be superficially similar but if you scratch the surface you will find out the vast differences because the sources are miles apart.  Guess who will suffer the most when a goat and a sheep are yoked together? The person above and the other below who gets pulled down or is it up?  The righteous and self righteous that are yoked together whose will gets done?  God's law says that do not be unequally yoked together with an unbeliever.  If the foundation be destroyed what can the righteous do?
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by mnwankwo(m): 4:17pm On Jan 13, 2009
@Olaadegu

In my penultimate post, I have answered your relevant questions on marriage. Thus I have no need to answer your new post. Wheather or not you think I know what a christian is, is of no importance to me. Equally irrelevant to me is wheather you consider me an unbeliever or consider my wife not to be a bible believing christian. I am also indifferent to wheather you consider what I do to be self righteous. I do not believe that the bible is the word of God. But those who believe so are entitled to that and I respect whatever any man sincerely believes. Marriage is a choice that people make. All I have done is to offer what I know to be the basis of a genuine marriage. Whatever discussants do with my advice is their own choice. Thus, those that consider themselves believers can go on and marry people they consider to be believers etc. and reject the proposal of those they consider unbelievers. Happily, marriage is a good school of life that does not take much long to return clear verdict to married couples on wheather their decision to be married is correct in the sense of the laws of God. It does not take much long for incompatibity and disharmony to becove evident in ill concieved unions. Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2009
The poster and others who are interested in knowing whether a Christian and Muslim can get married. The right question should be "who is a Christian?" It is only after we answer this question that we can know what to do according to the scriptures. The tract below answers this important question and removes the misconceptions and misunderstanding as to who is and who is not a Christian. It is only after the foundation has been laid before we can wisely build.

The questions are often asked, “Who is a Christian? How do I know a Christian if I meet one? Does every Matthew, Luke, or John pass for a Christian? Is everyone who raises up his hand in response to a preacher’s call to repentance a Christian? Does everyone who passes through the church isle to the altar pass for a Christian? Are all those in church pews during church services Christians? Who is a Christian? Finally you may ask, “Am I a Christian?”

A soul winner on evangelism met a drunk drifting down a lane. In his attempt to help him discover the true purpose of living’ he asked, “Are you a Christian?” The answer came quick and sharp “What do you think I am? A Pagan?” This is a pitiful point.

A brilliant preacher full of energy and zeal got the pass mark of his congregation. But his life at home showed a pattern of pride and jealousy found in the fallen angel - Lucifer.

A gifted and talented lady-soloist sings like an angel and prays like a prophet but she talks and acts with thunder and volcano in her voice. Her red-hot temper, contentiousness and confusion are marks of her presence at home or at work. Are these Christians? A ‘Niagara’ of stormy words is an indication of the absence of Christ in the heart.

Being a Christian is not a new label: It is a new life. The word ‘Christian’ first occurred in the New Testament. It was not in the Old Testament. “The disciples were called Christians first in Antioch” (Acts11:26). From the first use of a word, the true meaning and significance of the word become clear. Disciples were called Christians.

‘Disciple’ is a prominent word in the New Testament. It did not have any place in the Jewish Religion. One of the disciples in Antioch referred to as a Christian was in Jewish religion (Galatians 1:13) before he became a Christian. Living by the Mosiac code of “ordinance, touch not, taste not, handle not,” the ceremonial washing in holy water is ignorance of true discipleship and Christianity. Christianity centres on Jesus Christ - His love, life and light. A Christian therefore is the person who lives the life of Christ as revealed in the New Testament.

The New Testament opens with Jesus Christ who saves from sin (Matthew 1:21) and closes with Jesus Christ, the King who will come quickly - Revelation 22:20. Christ died to make you a Christian. He did not have to die to make you a churchgoer; you can do that on your own. But you cannot overcome sin in your natural human nature. Christ died to suffer for you-through Christ’s merit. If you confess your sins and ask for pardon and grace you will be forgiven. Peace and joy will come into your heart. You will never be the same again. Christ died to make you live - through definite faith in His precious Blood; your heart and life are changed. Christ died to reconcile you to God. Through His meritorious sacrifice, a love relationship is established between you and God. Christ died to give you a new heart and life like His. You can only enjoy a new heart at the expense of another.

The Christian life radiates the beauty of Christ’s lifestyle - humility, obedience, love, integrity and newness of life. Check up if you are a Christian. If not, why not? “Be not deceived: God is not mocked: For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap” (Galatians 6:7). Remember that “not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven.”

You can decide to confess your sins to God today and repent - make a wholehearted change of life. Ask for pardon from God in the Name of Jesus, the only one Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Believe God for His mercy. Changed and transformed, begin to live a Christian life.

1. Pray everyday especially before you go out in the morning and before you sleep in the evening.
2. Read the Bible everyday especially in the morning before you begin the day and before you sleep in the evening. (Start with the gospel according to John)
3. Fellowship with Bible-believing Christians.
4. Be conscious of the presence of Jesus EVERY TIME; therefore, do not do whatever will displease Him.
5. Send for more tracts to give to your friends as you share your testimonies with them.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Leilah(f): 8:40pm On Jan 15, 2009
I am born muslim and my husband is a born christian. We both don't practice any religion. I had to stop going to mosques because of gossiping arab women. I just put it on the long finger. I konw I will have to deal with it one day.

Does the almighty want to split up familes?
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by olabowale(m): 12:01am On Jan 16, 2009
@Leila: You dont hve to go to mosque to observe Salah. And you dont have to go to arabic mosque in England to be in a mosque, either. Sister, you have no excuse. Instead of helping your husband to attain higher level of God consciousness, you are not even trying to go down, in your own spirituality.

Allah is the One you need. Talk to Him. Supplicate to Him. Seek His Mercy. He is Most Forgiving, Merciful to all.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by folkzy(f): 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2009
Listen Carefully!!!

1. Never chose an unbeliever as your future partner, I mean never, never ever. When you say you will convert him later, that is the most dangerous gamble that you can ever engage in. James4v13-15 makes it clear, you don't know tomorrow. Only God knows tomorrow. Oh! He is very nice, only that he is not yet born again. Oh she is a very courteous girl, only she is not yet born again. Don't choose the devil. But let me tell you the truth my children; if you marry the right person, then heaven have started for you on earth, if you marry the wrong fellow, hell have started for you on earth. [I] Am praying for all the youth here tonight, you will not marry the wrong fellow in Jesus name.

[Y]ou are a child for God, you are standing on the rock and somebody is in a miry clay and you say I will pull him up. Let me tell you mathematically you are standing on the rock and somebody is a miry clay, the probability that you will pull him up is fifty, the probability that he will pull you down is also fifty, fifty and if he is stronger than you good bye. Never, don't even think about it, don't choose an unbeliever.

2. Don't choose a baby Christian. He got born again two months ago. You want to marry a [baby]? You don't even know whether his salvation is genuine.

3. I will take a step further and this is for you my daughter[s]; a man is at his best during courtship.
A man is at his best during courtship; You are my sweetie, you are my honey, That is what you are suppose to hear during courtship. Immediately after marriage all his hidden faults comes to the surface. There is a saying; they say love is blind; it is marriage that opens it eyes. That man that is pretending to be an angel," there is nobody like him, he is very generous, very caring, very patient" wait till he gets what he wants.

So if somebody is suppose to be at his best during courtship and during courtship he begins to quarrel with you. You should know straight away that there is no way here. The elders have a saying; they said the eye that will last till the evening, it will not begin to give trouble in the morning. So if you have already entered into a relationship, if you are in courtship and you are already settling two or three quarrels go and pray again. To before warn, is to before harm.

4. When you are going to chose and he/she says is a Christian, he has been born again for three years or more. I beg you chose within the fold. You know why? So that you will be speaking the same spiritual language.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by folkzy(f): 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2009
Because born again doesn't mean the same thing everywhere, there are born again robbers, there are born again 419(fraudster). Let me give you an example, some years ago in one of the universities where I go normally to go and teach them and fellowship with the. We declared a fast and then one day one of the "born again lecture" was testifying, he said I have been fasting; I use to smoke 17 cigarettes per day now I smoke only fifteen.

Abraham said in Gen24v1-4, he said to his servant, don't get a wife for my son from among these people, go and get from among my people. Marry within the fold; so you will be speaking the same spiritual language.

5. Now my daughters, whatever a brother may say. Keep yourself pure and holy during courtship. I will tell you why.

(A). there will be plenty of time for sex after marriage.

(B). don't sell yourself cheap. Am a man I am talking to you as a father, men don't have regard for women, when they say let's do it and she says yes. They will say what [is] the difference between this one and a harlot? Hen! but we are going to marry any way, listen to me my daughter, you are not even sure of marriage until the very day, until the pastor says you are husband and wife, you cannot be sure.

(C). Not only that, sin committed during courtship, always hinder prayer after marriage. You sinned during courtship, you got married, problems/challenges comes and then you kneel down to pray and the devil will say "with what mouth are you praying"? Can't you remember this, this and this. Sins committed during courtship will be waiting for you during marriage.

That is not to even mention there is something called AIDS. I saw one advert; it says HIV AIDS never show for face. That beautiful sister, do you know the kind of danger lying under, that brother, do you know what he is carrying. Don't kill yourself.

6. There are some of you who say, well I know how to discern who to marry, and we will just toss a coin. And then you select two sisters and say God, the light complexion one is the head and the black complexion is the tail. So I want to toss the coin, whichever is the two you have chosen for me and you are tossing the coin between a witch and mummy water[mermaid]. Don't do it that way that is not the way God chooses. I pray for you once again, you will not choose the wrong fellow in Jesus name.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by folkzy(f): 12:30pm On Jan 16, 2009
7. Now there is something that you have learn[ed] now, I don't know where you learn[ed] it from, you call it dating, it is a way of checking you out, let's go and eat somewhere and I will check you out. How can you be so childish; you are dating me, you want to check me out, and do you think I will be so stupid as to show you my ugly side? How can you be so childish?

We are just dating, we are just seeing ourselves specially, and before you know it you are in the trap of the enemy. Don't check out, pray instead, call to the one who knows all details, call to the one from who m nothing can be hidden. What if we call on him and he didn't answer, I preached a sermon [s]ome fifteen years ago, titled when God is silent. I have told one of my sons to make one thousand copies, so those of you who are youth can get one somehow. Because many a times when you say God is not speaking, God is speaking only it is you that you are not hearing. You don't want to hear, this is the fellow I want [you] to marry, so you are saying if you want to talk say yes. Get the tape it will help you, to know what happen when God is silent.

8. Let me tell you my children, marriage is for keeps. As far as the word of God is concerned, it is only death that can separate them according to roman7v2-3. But the court can divorce us, it is the court that did its own, God has not done. The word of God says those who God has join together, let no man, no woman, no parent put asunder. Marriage is forever. you are old fashion daddy, after all you've been Married for 41 years.

Okay let us assume that divorce is allowed, at least you will agree with me that divorce, destroy your C.V. when they day are you married, single or divorced? If you marked divorce, you signal to your employer; here comes a failure. They may not say so, but the moment they see divorce, they know here is somebody who could not make marriage work. Every marriage has its challenges, but divine love gives victories, Turns every challenge to testimonies. Once you marry, you are married forever until either of you dies.

9. Now let me say a word to those of us who are of marriageable age but are not married. Some of us who thinks we are getting up in age, therefore we should hurry up;

Now let me tell you those of you boys who are of marriageable age who are still checking people up. Let me tell you, time will pass you by, there is an age a man gets to and it is of no longer any consequence.

So let me tell you boys, if you are of marriageable age, you have a good work, don't marry if you don't have a job, job comes before marriage. Those of you who marry, and it is your wife that is feeding you, go and pray again. The bible say two are better than one, you boys go and marry. Bible says if two agrees concerning anything on earth, it will be agreed in heaven. The bible say one will chase a thousand; two will put ten thousand to flight.

As for you girls, who think maybe you are getting on in age, I agree that two are better than one, but believe me honestly, it is better to be single in Christ, than to be married to the agent of the devil. There are some lazy boys out there; no job, nothing, no responsibility and they are looking for girls who will become bread winner for them.

They will sit down at home watching TV, the girl will go and work and you said, once they call you Mrs. No be Miss. Be single and be confident. You never can tell, God may be preserving you for someone special. It will be well with you in Jesus name.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by AmInspired247(m): 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
Marriage/Relationship will not work in an environment,where there is a conflict of VALUES,BELIEFS & GOALS(VBGs). If a bird marries a fish,where will they make their home? If Mr. Water marries Miss Fire,how will they live Save yourself from future pain. It is not worth it! ‪#Quick‬Downloads™101

Learn more@ http://aminspired247..in/2015/04/fela-durotoye-how-to-become-woman-of.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Using The Fear Of Hell / I Don't Understand God / The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.