Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,747 members, 7,837,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses - Family (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses (124943 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Why We Cheat On Our Spouses – Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 7:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
bukatyne:

All women killed by their husbands commit martial infidelity or paternity fraud?

Are these two offences worth killing a spouse for?

I am seriously wondering why abused Nigerian wives don't snap

It must be something in the water they are drinking undecided

men don't get pregnant & thus cannot bring bastârds into the house to defraud their wives with.

the difference is glaring

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by raumdeuter: 7:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
babyosisi:

Half of the assets in the marriage
He gets half, I get half
Why isn't that a fair deal
We share the assets and the liabilities

Both contribute something, you only get what you contribute. Seeking what another person worked for is greed and parasitism

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by mutter(f): 7:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
bukatyne:

All women killed by their husbands commit martial infidelity or paternity fraud?

Are these two offences worth killing a spouse for?

I am seriously wondering why abused Nigerian wives don't snap

It must be something in the water they are drinking undecided

At a time I prayed the man would fall in battle . no joking. However the irony of life is that we have a very good relationship now. After I left him he apologised so often. I forgave because I had to let it go.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 05, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 05, 2015
raumdeuter:

Both contribute something, you only get what you contribute. Seeking what another person worked for is greed and parasitism

Thankfully the law doesn't see it your way

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by raumdeuter: 7:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nonso23:

The real reason is how many of them can even land an european or non nigerian man except for the deadbeat jail loving black americans?
Very few.

How many of them would actually date an African American or how many AA would actually date them.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by mutter(f): 7:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
babyosisi:

I actually loved mamaput FYI
going through your posts,you sounded like here in places

grin cheesy cheesy

Well that is nice to hear. I actually know her since we were kid`s as I said I know allot of people that fit that description.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
raumdeuter:

If children are too young then take them to baby sitter and both parents pay for it.

Would you leave your kids who cannot yet speak with strangers? I wouldn't.

She take maternity and was getting paid during maternity moreover it comes with the desire to be a mother, You cant desire to be a mother and later turn around to say you should be compensated for motherly duties

She wasn't paid the same money, the money you get on maternity leave is much less. Moreover, she missed opportunities to be promoted.

I can because the father has duties too.

WHat sacrifice? The money the child was spending who got it? the house the wife was living someone is paying for it, the food everyone is eating is not free.

Is he paying for all of it alone when she is on maternity leave? Probably not.

Besides, why won't he stay at home and let her work?

The man makes money and spends it on the family. Money he could have used on himself or even work less hours if he ditn have that many mouth to feed.

The woman on maternity leave spends money on her family too, just that after divorce, it is difficult for her to have the same career prospects her ex has because he never stayed at home.

But he is not complaining to be compensated for choosing to marry and have a kid its the other partner wanting to be compensated for achieving what she has desired for years

He would if he was in her position. Let us change. Stop thinking like cavemen, let your talented, highly educated, wives continue with their promising careers and see what you will say if divorce takes place and after you had left your job for 3-9 years, depending on the number of kids. wink
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2015

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nonso23:

But it happens a lot and one party is robbed legally to satisfy the vandetta of the other.
No sane woman will request for payment for her child, that is objectification of the baby and an insult to procreation. If she knows she is not cut out to be a true mother she can always choose to remain childless.

Have you smoked again?
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
ArewaSweetheart:

Abi ooo, since that is what is in vogue now. cheesy
BTW, if it is okay to kill the goose, then it should also be okay to kill the gander. cool

Exactly. grin

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
raumdeuter:

So where is the disagreement. ?

From posts that follow, you now see that most women actually want more, Not only to take care of the child but enter marriage to profit financially

Chairman, i am of the idea that the woman should be rewarded while taking care of the kids, to at least the age of 18 when she/he is an adult . . . That is all, i wont suggest for the woman to milk the man till the man is dead . . .
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
mutter:
Wait she left something very personal on a public forum and babyosisi only used a post on a public forum. She didn't use something she was told in private on a public forum so i don't understand how that was immature.

We all know this is a public forum and if you decide to air out your own dirty laundry there anyone can make a comment and remark on it. Which is why its always best to leave your private life to be just that, private!

What is very personal when the identity of the posters are not disclosed.

So when a woman speaks out about her abuse it is called - airing out her dirty linen.

Good to know!
Next time I advice women to try and endure the abuse and stay in their marriage because abused women do not have any respect I can refer them here. We indeed have a culture of silence.

You see I just find it amazing that it is only women that think that they can hail those stones against me, never got that from any man here.
However you must realize that I am not a teenage who is not in control of her emotions.
I speak out freely about my experiences and hope others can learn from them and also freeing myself of them. I am also not ashamed about it because I did not commit any offense. An offense was committed against me.

Well rape victims, abuse victims you have it now spelt out for you. Keep it to yourself`s and don`t wash your dirty linen in public. Your fellow women don`t like it.

Oh please!
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
Let me use myself as an example @ raumdeuter
Before I got married,I wanted to be a surgeon
That was my dream
I got married and hubby was moving abroad I followed
Children started popping out I took care of them primarily
He did a masters
Residency
PHD
Fellowships
Changed jobs
And I followed wherever he went
My career was somewhat stalled due to all the move while I supported him in his ventures
Don't get me wrong I will make that sacrifice all over again for the sake of my children and the marriage
I have no regrets whatsoever in supporting him get to where he is
His success is my success
Eventually I took my exams and got into a program and started my career but had to pick up and move when Oga was offered better positions in places.
Had times I only worked part time
Now he earns more than twice my salary,I am grateful for that
Are you telling me that God forbid,he wants to trade me for a new chassis,I will carry my small salary and waka?
Mbanu
Chukwu aju
After all the sacrifice?
Being the primary caretaker of the kids
Manning the home when he is out on travels etc
No way
There are women who did the exact same things I did and couldn't even pursue their career at all with the support of the husband that they take care of the home
What do you suggest
She should be grateful whatever she gets a.
Sorry e don't work that way bro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nonso23:

I'm not trolling this time. undecided
Reply convincingly to that post.

It's difficult to answer a post that makes little sense but I will try.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by raumdeuter: 7:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Would you leave your kids who cannot yet speak with strangers? I wouldn't.

This is pure laziness. Many kids stay with baby sitters from 2 months and nothing happens to them. Single mothers put their kids with baby sitters and they dont eat the children before they return

She wasn't paid the same money, the money you get on maternity leave is much less. Moreover, she missed opportunities to be promoted.
I can because the father has duties too.

The fatherly duties include provision and the men take care of this and after divorce never ask to be refunded the money they spent feeding the family or paying the rent. Its the greedy party who seeks these.

Is he paying for all of it alone when she is on maternity leave? Probably not.

Besides, why won't he stay at home and let her work?

Most Nigerian women dont pay for things in their own household. How many times have we seen women who would write an expense sheet and submit to the husband to be refunded. WHere does the saying "My money is my money, your money is our money" come from?

The woman on maternity leave spends money on her family too, just that after divorce, it is difficult for her to have the same career prospects her ex has because he never stayed at home.

How many Nigerian women spend on their family. A woman spends a kobo the whole world would hear

He would if he was in her position. Let us change. Stop thinking like cavemen, let your talented, highly educated, wives continue with their promising careers and see what you will say if divorce takes place and after you had left your job for 3-9 years, depending on the number of kids. wink

Nobody should stop their career, let everyone works, So we wont stop all o them from being Alakija in their workplace.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 7:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
mutter:

My dear if someone did that to my child, please call the police to save him because I am ready to die with the person.

As long as one abuser is out there justice can never be done.

But I know the other darker side too.

You sited an instance of the mother that stood up for her daughter. I can site an instance of the mother putting pepper in the Childs privates and accusing her of asking for it. I can site you examples of mothers giving their daughters into prostitution after such an incident because there was nothing left to save. I can give you instances of girls that where raped being victims of rape over and over again from different groups when they found out.

So just try and understand. The victim has been hurt already and in the course of seeking justice get hurt over over again. The feel like being raped all over again.
I don`t support abuse not physical and also not verbal.

Mutter,

I do not think you are hypocritical anymore...

I think you think different rules apply to you only and another set apply to everyone else (maybe every woman else).

If you think some women are extreme in supporting women, you go the other extreme to support men.

You will deal terribly with anyone who abuses your child yet you advice another woman to hush about hers and send the boy packing; you would not accept a man marrying you for papers/marrying another wife behind you yet you advise the woman to forgive and take the man back. A man cheats on his wife and has two kids with his gf yet you do not see why the wife should not accept polygamy...

You teach your sons men and women are equal yet most of your posts regard women as second class citizens

You had a terrible ex (even while you were good) yet you do not realize that some women might be in your shoes too.

Of course, you would have supporters as long as your posts suit them.

Why you think different rules apply to you is What I do not understand.

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nonso23:

But it happens a lot and one party is robbed legally to satisfy the vandetta of the other.
No sane woman will request for payment for her child, that is objectification of the baby and an insult to procreation. If she knows she is not cut out to be a true mother she can always choose to remain childless.

A sane woman knows that a father has RIGHTS and DUTIES and she grants him his RIGHTS and demands that he fulfills his DUTIES.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by raumdeuter: 7:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nonso23:

how many AA would actually date them?
This is the real question?
Answer: the ones who live off women for their survival.

That is the main issue. As much as they say Nigerian men are terrible yet these women wont even date outside the Nigerian circle. Most dont even want to date other African men sef.

Because there is something abotu Nigerian men which they so desire and cant get from most men.

Let them marry the typical AA, na she go do all the work yet the man would take her money

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 8:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
babyosisi:

grin grin grin
Very good
Infact fantastic
Who is like unto them

Lol

Wonderful husbands!

And yet the average Nigerian girl has daddy issues according to stats

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by raumdeuter: 8:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Chairman, i am of the idea that the woman should be rewarded while taking care of the kids, to at least the age of 18 when she/he is an adult . . . That is all, i wont suggest for the woman to milk the man till the man is dead . . .

Man mi I dont understand what you mean by rewarded, what I mean is for adequate care to be made for the kids. All they need be provided for largely by the father.

If we are rewarding the separated mother financially for taking care of her own kids, how do we reward the father for financially taking care of his own kids?
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 8:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
raumdeuter:

Man mi I dont understand what you mean by rewarded, what I mean is for adequate care to be made for the kids. All they need be provided for largely by the father.

If we are rewarding the separated mother financially for taking care of her own kids, how do we reward the father for financially taking care of his own kids?

Child support . . .
If she is a woman that had to put her life on hold to take care of the home and husband and the kids, Spousal support.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
Let me go and warm the akara I brought for lunch grin
I dey come
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Child support . . .
If she is a woman that had to put her life on hold to take care of the home and husband and the kids, Spousal support.

Please my dear,are you male
Femi abi
I hope the answer is yes
It will be refreshing to know that there is one sensible male on this thread

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
soulglo:

Mutter, you are being hypocritical. You really need to stop. You want rapists to go free because society is harsh? That's essentially what you are saying. I told you I was a victim of sexual assault and that I never felt shame about it. So I was very shocked when I read that the same thing happened to you and yet you still insist that rapist should go free and keep raping. Do you even see why people are frustrated with you. You do not use your experiences to help others but to further victimize them. You will be the type to advice another woman not to report her baby's rape because of what people will say. They'll send that housemaid out of the house and unto another innocent family who will have a child experience the same horror that you and I endured. I know someone in Nigeria who's children all have herpes. They caught a maid doing inappropriate things with one of the kids. I'm willing to bet that those kids got exposed to herpes from her or one of the maids who have full access to the children. Maybe if someone else had reported it before when this maid was inappropriate that she would not have been allowed near kids. Why not use the energy you use to vehemently defend rapists and murderers to fight for a sexual predator registry in Nigeria. You are going about this the wrong way. I personally do not see your sharing as "dirty laundry" and I'll beg the person who said that to apologize. I'm sure she did not mean it. Sometimes it is good for us to share experiences. Someone else might read through this thread and decide that they must report on follow up on any cases of rape they hear about. It takes a lot for an adult to overcome the after effects of rape. Imagine what a child would go through.

Madam mutter, read and digest this whole post especially the bolded.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 8:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
babyosisi:

Please my dear,are you male
Femi abi
I hope the answer is yes
It will be refreshing to know that there is one sensible male on this thread

Yes, i am male my dear sister.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 8:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
coogar:

men don't get pregnant & thus cannot bring bastârds into the house to defraud their wives with.

the difference is glaring

And all the women killed had bastards?

Having bastards is an excuse to kill?

So much for those who say murder was not justified in This thread

3 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
bukatyne:

Lol

Wonderful husbands!

And yet the average Nigerian girl has daddy issues according to stats

You r trying too hard to be sarcastic
Don't you come to these threads mocking those who are married to naija men since as you put it you did not marry a 'naija' man

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (48) (Reply)

You Went To The Gym to pick Your Wife home but u met her like This(photo) / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.