Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses (124779 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Why We Cheat On Our Spouses – Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
carefreewannabe:

1. The fact that women initiate majority of the divorces is not because they can afford it or because they get rich after divorce. ([s]They do it because men suck and the marriage institution as well. Joking[/s] grin)

2. These are the stories the media uses to catch your attention and they exist but they are not representative of the majority.

3. In fact, single mothers, in Germany, the UK and the USA are far more likely to live in poverty than married women.

1. Technically, women suck, men eat. Let's be clear on that. tongue. And when I say afford, I really mean, they stand to benefit from the process.

2. Oh, please. Mainstream media is relentless in pushing the feminist agenda. If anything, these sorts of cases are severly under-reported. tongue

3. Single mothers due to never been married is quite a different demographic from single after divorce Carefree. That latter cash in at the right time to live it up and go on vacations on the ex husband's dime.

The west is filled with fatherless children who are the ones who continue to make such silly laws, such as VAWA.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 6:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
mutter:
When you have nothing to live for, then you have everything to die for!

The fact that it keeps happening shows that the men are not all suddenly going mad.

A man that had worked so hard brought his much younger wife here to Germany, when they come to church the wife was so rude to the man, perhaps because she was better educated. I quickly grabbed hold of her and drew her aside. I warned her that her husband was respected in this community and if she ever tried it again where I was I would shred her to bits. Foolish girl!

These greedy bitches accept a man they do not love and are ashamed of just to get out of Nigeria and then they want to ruin the man.
Do you know that these men have worked so hard for so many years! Received all kinds of insults from society and then you bring this young girl and she gives you the final insult to let you know you are = 0.
How many of them come here with nothing and soon the man is out of his own home on the streets and having to pay maintenance.
When the study in America, they are able to do so because the man brought them there.
Nursing is not even a good paying job, like any menial job you can gather money if you work enough hours. While they are at work they cannot perform as wife`s so of what use is the work if it does not benefit the family?

No matter how educated or how much money they have a woman must humble herself and treat her husband with the utmost respect in all situations. That is not just good for the man but also for the children. The children are raised in an environment where the learn respect and manners.
That is what you get when a man that has struggled for years gets dragged into the mud in his own home. A man that has struggled and faced discrimination and abuse outside. Treat him like a king at home so that he can feel like the man he is, that will give him the strength to keep struggling.
Instead these women get rude, function like they don`t have a family, neglect the welfare of their husbands and homes and go running after the dollars.

What did the husband in your story do to his wife?

What prompted the rudeness?
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 6:06pm On Feb 03, 2015
freecocoa:
Not Necessarily about that, I just imagined your face while you were typing that, and I saw how my brother who is a Ronaldo freak, would react at someone insinuating a woman could really love cr7 and not his money, you might not really get it sha.cheesy

OK

I really want to get her point

This guy had a kid via surrogate
Is one of the richest sportsmen in d world
Had a long relationship with a model though over now

I don't need to know him personally to know he does not want one woman to shaft him Like they did tiger woods

carefreewannabe:

Cristiano Ronaldo.
There is a reason why many rich men marry rich women and why rich women marry rich men; to make sure that they partners are not after their money. Let's talk about Nigerians though, Nigerian men don't mind that the young 20-year-old girl overlooks their wrinkled skin and pot-belly for money. grin
Cool...
Are u saying Irina sharyk is as rich as cr7
So why did he not wife her

4 years relationship or more

cococandy:
actually if they do decide to leave, they will still get the house and maybe the kids too. So them not leaving is a sign that they hope the marriage will work out.
It is the men who go off the handle because their slaves are not bending to their wills and then go on a shooting rampage.

So the law is fair in your opinion
Men losing all they worked for...

Timbuktou:
Don't mind these ones abeg. Most of them, dia market done sour tey tey.

Stale Bobo juice..Lol
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by soulglo: 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2015
Pansies. The system is fair. My man is a lawyer and he says this over and over again. The system is fair. I know women who pay child support. They try just as much as men to get away from paying. An african women called from Florida to get legal advice from my man about keeping the children so she does not pay child support. She's a nurse working ungodly hours. The husband chose to quit his job because he felt the children were paying the price of their moms selfishness. Fast forward to last year and they are done with the marriage. She does not want to pay spousal support or even child support. Well in most states she would have to pay. Nobody cares that she's a woman. She cannot escape it. I don't even think she cares if the kids are with her but in sure she'll want them with her if she can get away from paying child support. My ex friend grin who pays child support tried to use me to reduce her child support by claiming her daughter came to my daycare and she spent so and so. Heifer, I don't care if the court is asking you to pay 3000.00 a month. Sell your freaking Cadillac and drive a corolla then maybe you can pay the child support. The system is fair. Justifying killing in anyway over spousal rights or the rights of innocent children shows just how depraved these people are. Madonna should have killed Guy Ritchie when she had to pay him 80 million for a marriage that did not even last a decade or maybe Ludacris' baby mama should just go kill him now because he has primary custody of their child. I wish sperm was giving out based on people's character.

12 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by freecocoa(f): 6:10pm On Feb 03, 2015
coogar:

how many can you count??
this is where hypergamy comes into play. women have always played it smart from the outset. marry a rich man & kick him out after a while to take half of his belongings.

well, monsters are made, not born!
how did he suddenly become a monster? you take a man's house, his kids, his cars and half of his assets - what else is there to live for?

the richer party loses half & in most cases, the man is the richer party. you really think a naija wife would initiate divorce when she is the one that would lose half of her assets? grin cheesy na those kind wives nice pass. even if her husband is bringing mistresses to the house, she would turn the other cheek.

so you like the "real" man? cheesy

case closed then!
some of the stuff some husbands have suffered in the hands of their wives abroad is more painful than what that evil housemaid did in uganda.
I can count o but let's forget about that, cheesy and stop making it sound like all these women never loved their husbands, we don even deviate from OP sef.

I disagree, some monsters are born, I know a very wicked man who almost killed his wife, history has it that, he has always been mean/hard hearted even as a child, you want to tell me you'll blame his behavior on his wife? Go jor. angry

Now that's funny, but I don't think any sane woman would stay in such marriage, women are human beings with feelings o, how anyone puts money over their well being and sanity beats me.

I like the "real" man na, see this guy o cheesy.

Iro o, The man can fight, he is and adult heck! they can defend themselves against anything and killing someone who angered you, isn't self defense.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 03, 2015
carefreewannabe:

It obviously isn't. Tell me how your parents would react if your sisters lived with a man without getting married.
I mean that cohabitation is marriage(after a number of years) is reality, not how people would react to it.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. Technically, women suck, men eat. Let's be clear on that. tongue. And when I say afford, I really mean, they stand to benefit from the process.

The benefit how? You assume that most women marry rich men, which is a fallacy. Financial problems are one of the top reasons for divorce, which contradicts your thesis that women initiate divorce due to the money they get out of it.

Most women don't get much or anything.

Moreover if the problem was money or the loss of it after divorce, then there is something called prenuptial agreement. Problem solved.

2. Oh, please. Mainstream media is relentless in pushing the feminist agenda. If anything, these sorts of cases are severly under-reported. tongue

Yeah, and women who had to put up with disadvantages and injustice after marriage are overrepresented in the media. Yet, on NL we only see the sad stories of men from the West. grin

3. Single mothers due to never been married is quite a different demographic from single after divorce Carefree. That latter cash in at the right time to live it up and go on vacations on the ex husband's dime.

The same applies to women who are single parents due to divorce / separation.

The west is filled with fatherless children who are the ones who continue to make such silly laws, such as VAWA.

Yes, from Nigerian men who impregnated women to get their papers. grin

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
cococandy:
Nne they know the truth.

That's why 60percent of them who married wives to suit their long planned out schemes will always have problems.

What do they expect before? Greedy men meet greedy women. Greedy men looking for milking factories, greedy ladies wanting to go abroad. Lobatan!! And they expect the marriages to last or not to turn dysfunctional. These men are as lazy as hell, go about asking specifically for nurses to marry. You will think its because the nurses are so pretty and neat in order to try to understand the attraction to these females. Not knowing these uneducated men, with usually nothing to show for their long stays abroad, want to be baboons to eat while their monkeys (wives) work and work their lives out (monkey dey work baboon dey chop mentality). When they see how things are not going in their favour with their wives wanting to be in control of the finances they bring, they turn around and accuse them of being unsubmissive and cheats. And trust the nigerian woman to act like a roman in rome. The white man's land favours women. Lobatan! The men get frustrated and resort to murder. All these acts are typical of jobless men. Look at the age differences between the men and their wives. They strategically select ladies that are half their ages. You know why. And these ones in this forum are here arguing crap to justify rubbish because their secrets don leak. I dnt even think we need to argue on this.

6 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
mutter:

Aisha please, the woman was married to perform the duties of a wife. To submit and love her husband, take care of his home and family. They live in a system where you have to consider if the pay you get is worth employing a nanny or paying for child care.

It is the duty of the woman to cook and do the house work and she can thank God when she has a man who helps her.

Why leave your duty to do something else? First cope with your assigned duties before venturing into others.

The main issue here is that the man and kid`s are suffering neglect and the woman is sending the money home to her family or building her own empire in Nigeria.
Is that what the man married her for?

It is the duty of the woman to cook and clean while the man earns right?

Now the wife is working long hours and she is still to do all house chores and Thank God If hubby decides to chip in?

If the men know their wives should stick to house work, why don't they marry house wives WHY do they go for nurses when they know they have to work long hours which would affect their primary duties?

When the wives contribute to the family purse, why don't they reject it since it is their primary duty and will not wifey with Her own primary duty?

10 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by freecocoa(f): 6:15pm On Feb 03, 2015
cococandy:
on the average,women in the US work harder than the man. Proven fact.
Even academically they've surpassed the men.

I'm still confused when I come to nairaland and read sentences like 'all he labored for'
They think it is Nigeria where the women's achievement are swept under the carpet and Made to look like it was all the man's effort.

That's why you will see a Nigerian couple who both work and contribute equally to the home still refer to the family home as the man's house.

These naija bros here are pained they can't get away with such. That's why they go gaga and start shooting when they can't have their way like they would if they were in naija.
And this is just what it is.

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2015
Still some are still foaming at the mouth about murder being justified

I have not seen anyone say the dead deserved it

Murder is not justifiable

However this act is still occurring

What can we do or learn from it.. That's the point

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2015
freecocoa:
I can count o but let's forget about that, cheesy and stop making it sound like all these women never loved their husbands, we don even deviate from OP sef.

yes, they loved their husbands initially.......till they found another man they love even much more. what choice does a village wife have when the UK-based suitor comes knocking? grin

I disagree, some monsters are born, I know a very wicked man who almost killed his wife, history has it that, he has always been mean/hard hearted even as a child, you want to tell me you'll blame his behavior on his wife? Go jor. angry

monsters aren't born....
somebody somewhere made him a monster. women with their caustic tongue know how to push the buttons & when they get beaten, they cry for help.

Now that's funny, but I don't think any sane woman would stay in such marriage, women are human beings with feelings o, how anyone puts money over their well being and sanity beats me.

if women can stand by the roadside to do pròstitution, why won't she put money over her well-being? abeg, money answereth everything.

I like the "real" man na, see this guy o cheesy.

Iro o, The man can fight, he is and adult heck! they can defend themselves against anything and killing someone who angered you, isn't self defense.

what the father in uganda did isn't self defense. he would have gone to jail for laying his hands on the housemaid anywhere in the western world. self-defense gini? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2015
carefreewannabe:

The benefit how? You assume that most women marry rich men, which is a fallacy. Financial problems are one of the top reasons for divorce, which contradicts your thesis that women initiate divorce due to the money they get out of it.

Most women don't get much or anything.

Moreover if the problem was money or the loss of it after divorce, then there is something called prenuptial agreement. Problem solved.

Yeah, and women who had to put up with disadvantages and injustice after marriage are overrepresented in the media. Yet, on NL we only see the sad stories of men from the West. grin

The same applies to women who are single parents due to divorce / separation.

Yes, from Nigerian men who impregnated women to get their papers. grin
I know that women would marry someone who earned more ore the same as them. Those who marry less-earning men are in the extreme minority. I have a feeling the financial problems that lead to marital issues is due to women wanting to live a Rolls Royce lifestyle on a Bajaj income.

Carefree, oya wipe your lips.

Good point. The problem with this is women employing emotional blackmail to prevent the guy from going this route.

Let's agree to disagree here.

I disagree here.

Haha. Funny gyal. How many marriages are intact in the west.

I dey h abeg. Make I find sometin chop.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 03, 2015
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by ladygogo: 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
ifyalways:

I quite agree with some of your posts, however, nothing justifies murder.
Agreed, those men were pushed to the wall but ending the marriage as opposed to the wife's life is a better option.

Well, the ladies are the ones getting killed because of their greed. You know you don't love a man, then don't jump into marriage just so you escape poverty.

My sentiments exactly!

The men should also ask themselves why they are going to marry some random girl in the village. What's wrong with the women in their immediate environment?
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
Carefreewannabe

Prenups are still subject to reasonableness

A judge can overrule a prenuptial if he deems it to be overly disadvantageous to the woman
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2015
ladygogo:

My sentiments exactly!

The men should also ask themselves why they are going to marry some random girl in the village. What's wrong with the women in their immediate environment?

Did u read the post u quoted at all

The girls are greedy marrying obodo oyibo man who is as their fada age
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by freecocoa(f): 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2015
coogar:

yes, they loved their husbands initially.......till they found another man they love even much more. what choice does a village wife have when the UK-based suitor comes knocking? grin

monsters aren't born....
somebody somewhere made him a monster. women with their caustic tongue know how to push the buttons & when they get beaten, they cry for help.

if women can stand by the roadside to do pròstitution, why won't she put money over her well-being? abeg, money answereth everything.

what the father in uganda did isn't self defense. he would have gone to jail for laying his hands on the housemaid anywhere in the western world. self-defense gini? cheesy
I don tire biko, blame it on women, they are everything wrong with the world. angry

The man was defending his defenseless baby, the law can understand that, this grown man on other hand, shooting his wife because of an argument is madness, he should be locked up and the keys thrown away.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2015
cococandy:
on the average,women in the US work harder than the man. Proven fact.
Even academically they've surpassed the men.

I'm still confused when I come to nairaland and read sentences like 'all he labored for'
They think it is Nigeria where the women's achievement are swept under the carpet and Made to look like it was all the man's effort.

That's why you will see a Nigerian couple who both work and contribute equally to the home still refer to the family home as the man's house.

These naija bros here are pained they can't get away with such. That's why they go gaga and start shooting when they can't have their way like they would if they were in naija.

God bless you!! And these are the reasons the lazy a$$ men flare up and go on shooting spree. Very lazy men i tell you!! I am sure they are in this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by ladygogo: 6:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
soulglo:
Pansies. The system is fair. My man is a lawyer and he says this over and over again. The system is fair. I know women who pay child support. They try just as much as men to get away from paying. An african women called from Florida to get legal advice from my man about keeping the children so she does not pay child support. She's a nurse working ungodly hours. The husband chose to quit his job because he felt the children were paying the price of their moms selfishness. Fast forward to last year and they are done with the marriage. She does not want to pay spousal support or even child support. Well in most states she would have to pay. Nobody cares that she's a woman. She cannot escape it. I don't even think she cares if the kids are with her but in sure she'll want them with her if she can get away from paying child support. My ex friend grin who pays child support tried to use me to reduce her child support by claiming her daughter came to my daycare and she spent so and so. Heifer, I don't care if the court is asking you to pay 3000.00 a month. Sell your freaking Cadillac and drive a corolla then maybe you can pay the child support. The system is fair. Justifying killing in anyway over spousal rights or the rights of innocent children shows just how depraved these people are. Madonna should have killed Guy Ritchie when she had to pay him 80 million for a marriage that did not even last a decade or maybe Ludacris' baby mama should just go kill him now because he has primary custody of their child. I wish sperm was giving out based on people's character.

GBAM!! Lobatan!

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by cococandy(f): 6:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

OK

I really want to get her point

This guy had a kid via surrogate
Is one of the richest sportsmen in d world
Had a long relationship with a model though over now

I don't need to know him personally to know he does not want one woman to shaft him Like they did tiger woods

Cool...
Are u saying Irina sharyk is as rich as cr7
So why did he not wife her

4 years relationship or more

So the law is fair in your opinion
Men losing all they worked for...

Stale Bobo juice..Lol

i still don't get the phrase 'men losing all they worked for'
It is a lie. Only in Nigeria (nairaland to be precise ) does one hear it.

Property is shared equitably.
The man worked
The woman worked
In whatever ways they deemed appropriate at the time.

Then when they have problems
They want to divorce and their props are shared fifty-fifty or in the appropriate ratio depending on their case peculiarities.

Where does the man get off to feeling cheated?

All he worked for as in? The woman didn't do anything all their married life? She didn't bring money? She didn't keep the home front ? She didn't take care of the family and kids? Something you can't equate to money.

Yet somehow this man worked for it all his life and the wife just sat down in one corner and stared?

Why do they like to hype their contributions as if the wife didn't do anything to improve the marriage? Even the ones that have not paid 5yrs out of their mortgage wil be claiming 'all they worked for'

Rolls eye undecided . Mtchew

Pls the law is not sentimental nor patriarchal.
It doesn't understimate the woman's efforts like our naija system does.

And most importantly it considers the kids first before the two adults who need to get their act together.

Hence the parent who is always available for the kids will the house because the house belongs to the kids. It is their birth right.usually it is the mothers but I've seen cases where the man got the house because he was able to prove that he has always been more available for the kids.
But mostly in general the house is split 50-50 with one party buying out the other.

No law is out to favor any gender.

Our naija brothers are so used to female suppression that fairness seems like unfairness to them.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2015
ladygogo:

My sentiments exactly!

many of these men left their girlfriends in the village to hustle abroad. i left chidinma in ituku almost 25 years ago. she was my first love in primary school. if i go back home to marry her then it's because i'm a control freak?

freecocoa:
I don tire biko, blame it on women, they are everything wrong with the world. angry

yup!
right from the garden of eden. it was all peaceful until a woman arrived in eden.

The man was defending his defenseless baby, the law can understand that, this grown man on other hand, shooting his wife because of an argument is madness, he should be locked up and the keys thrown away.

he wants to be locked up. he didn't run away. he handed himself in. he would rather be in jail than let an ingrate pïss all over him in the name of a flawed system.

good for him. let the greedy wives claim their child support in heaven. murder-suicide is now very common & this is mostly from caucasian males. if the law is fair, the men won't have to turn the gun on the wives, the kids and themselves.

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2015
ladygogo:

My sentiments exactly!

Some random girl they know nothing about o. Thinking she is some naive girl who knows nothing. Forgeting that these same girls will act like romans in rome. Some men can be very f00lish and Naive. The belief that they can control these women is the cause. when things dnt go their way, they get frustrated and start shooting. I dnt even know why these men wait until they are sooooo old to marry sef. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2015
cococandy:
i still don't get the phrase 'men losing all they worked for'
It is a lie. Only in Nigeria (nairaland to be precise ) does one hear it.

Property is shared equitably.
The man worked
The woman worked
In whatever ways they deemed appropriate at the time.

Then when they have problems
They want to divorce and their props are shared fifty-fifty or in the appropriate ratio depending on their case peculiarities.

Where does the man get off to feeling cheated?

All he worked for as in? The woman didn't do anything all their married life? She didn't bring money? She didn't keep the home front ? She didn't take care of the family and kids? Something you can't equate to money.

Yet somehow this man worked for it all his life and the wife just sat down in one corner and stared?

Why do they like to hype their contributions as if the wife didn't do anything to improve the marriage? Even the ones that have not paid 5yrs out of their mortgage wil be claiming 'all they worked for'

Rolls eye undecided . Mtchew

Pls the law is not sentimental nor patriarchal.
It doesn't understimate the woman's efforts like our naija system does.

And most importantly it considers the kids first before the two adults who need to get their act together.

Hence the parent who is always available for the kids will the house because the house belongs to the kids. It is their birth right.usually it is the mothers but I've seen cases where the man got the house because he was able to prove that he has always been more available for the kids.
But mostly in general the house is split 50-50 with one party buying out the other.

No law is out to favor any gender.

Our naija brothers are so used to female suppression that fairness seems like unfairness to them.

Next you will be vexing when we say marriage benefitts women

Don't worry marriage is dying gradually

We will see the avenue you guys will use to bleed people of money

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2015
soulglo:

You are a lucky woman. I would have slapped the madness out of your head for daring to interfere in what has absolutely nothing to do with you. Tear her to shreds lol. You must have sized her up and thought she would put up with your crap. If she's as crazy as you want to paint her she would have been the one to tear your nosey ass to shreds for interfering in her marriage. If anyone needs yo check her, it should be her husband. Concentrate on your own husband and stay out of people's marriages. I'm seriously not kidding. I would have kicked you in the head for even pulling me aside and trying to talk to me about my husband. You have lost your mind

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The goody two shoes syndrome is worrying her. grin

7 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2015
Timbuktou:
I know that women would marry someone who earned more ore the same as them. Those who marry less-earning men are in the extreme minority. I have a feeling the financial problems that lead to marital issues is due to women wanting to live a Rolls Royce lifestyle on a Bajaj income.

Let's say a woman who makes 1500$ a month marries someone who makes 2500$ a month. How does it make her rich after divorce?
Let us talk about middle class families and not some insanely rich people who are not the majority.

The freaking reality is that after a woman has given up on her job to stay at home and look after the children, she continues to look after the children when her husband or ex-husband has the opportunity to have a career and to make money. And the freaking reality is that MAJORITY of men cannot afford it to make up financially for the income she misses and the promotion prospect that would increase her position and income.

Let me tell you something about my own situation. If today I decided to have children and to stay at home to look after them, I would have to marry a RICH man so that I could profit from divorce. A middle class man cannot make up for the loss of the income and promotion possibilities, I would have to accept.

So if you men find the system so unfair, then let us switch the positions, stay at home with kids, look after them, clean after them, cook for them, clean the house and when I return treat me like a QUEEN because my job is more important.

And when I leave, I will tell you that I will only pay for my kids because the work you did at home has no value and the fact that you have given up on your job, your career, your promotion possibilities is YOR problem.

Carefree, oya wipe your lips.

Good point. The problem with this is women employing emotional blackmail to prevent the guy from going this route.

Let's agree to disagree here.

I disagree here.
Haha. Funny gyal. How many marriages are intact in the west.

How many are intact in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by cococandy(f): 6:36pm On Feb 03, 2015
The sensationalism I read on nairaland makes me wonder if there's a different set of laws these guys are aware of that we don't know about.

The law is anti-gender and in family issues will always consider the kids first before the two disgruntled Adults.

I notice it is our African brothers that scream blue murder the most. They just can't wrap their head around the fact that women are fairly treated here compared what they would normally be able to do back home. As in instructing the gate man to lock madam out of the house she's been contributing to for the past 10yrs. grin
All because she dared ask him what he was doing with condoms in his pocket (or something of that nature) cheesy
soulglo:

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by ladygogo: 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Did u read the post u quoted at all

The girls are greedy marrying obodo oyibo man who is as their fada age

I was only echoing what ifyalways wrote and I also added that it takes two to tango. Man wants a youthful and naive wife; girl wants a ticket out of poverty. Voila! Match made in heaven!

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by raumdeuter: 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Let's say a woman who makes 1500$ a month marries someone who makes 2500$ a month. How does it make her rich after divorce?
Let us talk about middle class families and not some insanely rich people who are not the majority.

The freaking reality is that after a woman has given up on her job to stay at home and look after the children, she continues to look after the children when her husband or ex-husband has the opportunity to have a career and to make money. And the freaking reality is that MAJORITY of men cannot afford it to make up financially for the income she misses and the promotion prospect that would increase her position and income.

Let me tell you something about my own situation. If today I decided to have children and to stay at home to look after them, I would have to marry a RICH man so that I could profit from divorce. A middle class man cannot make up for the loss of the income and promotion possibilities, I would have to accept.

So if you men find the system so unfair, then let us switch the positions, stay at home with kids, look after them, clean after them, cook for them, clean the house and when I return treat me like a QUEEN because my job is more important.

And when I leave, I will tell you that I will only pay for my kids because the work you did at home has no value and the fact that you have given up on your job, your career, your promotion possibilities is YOR problem.

How many are intact in Nigeria?

Would you take a proposal that both of you dont have any kids so no one would have the excuse of staying home and losing income?
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2015
ladygogo:

I was only echoing what ifyalways wrote and I also added that it takes two to tango. Man wants a youthful and naive wife; girl wants a ticket out of poverty. Voila! Match made in heaven!

OK..I get u
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by cococandy(f): 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Next you will be vexing when we say marriage benefitts women

Don't worry marriage is dying gradually

We will see the avenue you guys will use to bleed people of money

that doesn't address anything I typed there. How is any of that a benefit for women above men?
I dont understand.
You mean a woman getting her fair share of what belongs to her. What she worked and contributed for is a favor to her?

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2015
cococandy:
The sensationalism I read on nairaland makes me wonder if there's a different set of laws these guys are aware of that we don't know about.

The law is anti-gender and in family issues will always consider the kids first before the two disgruntled Adults.

I notice it is our African brothers that scream blue murder the most. They just can't wrap their head around the fact that women to fairly treated here compared what they would normally be able to do back home. As in instructing the gate man to lock madam out of the house she's been contributing to for the past 10yrs. grin
All because she dared ask him what he was doing with condoms in his pocket (or something of that nature) cheesy

Very true.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (48) (Reply)

Soldier Catches Wife With Another Man, Parades Them Both Naked In Public. Photos / You Went To The Gym to pick Your Wife home but u met her like This(photo) / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.