Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses (124687 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Why We Cheat On Our Spouses – Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by nike4love: 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
This write up makes no sence,i dnt knw why we nigerians like to disgrace our nation b4 the whole world.of all the nations of the world naija is among the least that commits homicide nd suicide.u most nt look 4 reasons to paint naija black before the world,america itself has more criminals than any other nation but u wil never hear it frm her citizen.it time for nigerians to wise up nd stop been f..lish.every country has its ups nd downs.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 6:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
ladygogo:

clown! cheesy abegi! you dont expect the chidinma you left in Ituku 25 years to still be the same person. Heck, the Coogar of 25 years ago isnt the same Coogar. Besides, most of the couples in this article have a wider age difference , are you telling me the men started dating them when they were in diapers!

she's still the same - we still talk regularly and as soon as i can afford the list her parents sent to me, i am heading off to ituku to complete the marriage rites.

chidinma's perseverance wows me. any women that can stay steadfastly by me all these years in the midst of back-breaking temptations deserve my engagement ring. i don't want chidinma to join witchcraft cos i dumped her.

Anyway, when the time comes I trust you wont go back to the village to pick up some random girl. hehehehe.

i will surprise you.
i am sending you a personal invite for the trado-wedding. some of us are too honest to ditch our childhood girlfriends. cheesy

SirShymexx:
@Coogar
I've got a webseries for you that's like The Wire - it's about Flatbush in Brooklyn. Acting isn't that professional, but the script is cray. Once you watch the first and 2nd episodes, you won't stop till you watch the whole series. grin
Also, you should be able to relate easily cos it's somewhat like what goes on in London bits as well.

what's it called?
are you sure it's not the one channel 4 did last year? top boy?
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 6:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Is it what you read into my posts? Re-read, please.

Now tell me what a man gives up when he has kids.

Implicit in your post is that by having a child for a man
You did It for him hence your quest to be compensated for all you in giving him a child

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by soulglo: 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
Nonso23:

That is not manipulation at all. It is self preservation.
The problem with these men is their lack of education. If they knew just a little bit more maybe they will be free and their wives brooding over their failed mission.
But I disagree. They are not weak, they only handled the situation the best way they could. Prison life, wife gone, no kids responsibility, free food and shelter in prison. Possibility of parole even. Very extreme but rational too.
It takes balls to carry out this agenda. Weakness is the last word to describe it.

Yes, as rational as Boko haram. Who does not have reasons for doing what they do. Armed robbers have their reasons too. The man who breaks into a home and rapes the madam of the house at gun point had his reasons too. Get real Abeg. It takes strength to overcome issues you are dealing with. A weakling picks up a weapon and kills others. In fact I have more respect for the ones who kill themselves. These idiots cannoy but they will get patted on the back inspite of the fact they have taken lives. Exactly the way they got patted on the back simply because they existed. Keep patting them on the back. All the way to the electric chair.

3 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Have women here not gone through worse in Nigeria? Did these women go on shooting spree like their male counterparts abroad? Please you are clearly justifying murder by constantly pointing at the women. I wonder what the views here would be if it were women doing the killing. No matter what a woman does to you, no matter how acidic her mouth is to you, you dnt commit MURDER madam!! You dnt!! stop with the justification!!

I personally have this view about Westerners. I feel, a whole lot of them have mental problems innately. They only wait for the "right time" to strike.

Whatever the woman did, can never be enough reason to murder her. Our Nigerian women- go through a whole lot in marriages...they don't go on killing sprees.

6 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by InvertedHammer: 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2015
/
A good number of those women come from poor families.

When they make $80k/yr, for their mind they are "Folorunsho Alakija" or Oprah Winfrey.

Bedside nursing sucks and could be depressing. But most immigrants are more interested in the dollar signs until they finally get to do
the work. It sucks more if one's background is not in healthcare.

They tend to forget that it is not necessarily how much you make, but how much you keep at the end of the month.

\

3 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by dammytosh: 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2015
mutter:
When you have nothing to live for, then you have everything to die for!

The fact that it keeps happening shows that the men are not all suddenly going mad.

A man that had worked so hard brought his much younger wife here to Germany, when they come to church the wife was so rude to the man, perhaps because she was better educated. I quickly grabbed hold of her and drew her aside. I warned her that her husband was respected in this community and if she ever tried it again where I was I would shred her to bits. Foolish girl!

These greedy bitches accept a man they do not love and are ashamed of just to get out of Nigeria and then they want to ruin the man.
Do you know that these men have worked so hard for so many years! Received all kinds of insults from society and then you bring this young girl and she gives you the final insult to let you know you are = 0.
How many of them come here with nothing and soon the man is out of his own home on the streets and having to pay maintenance.
When the study in America, they are able to do so because the man brought them there.
Nursing is not even a good paying job, like any menial job you can gather money if you work enough hours. While they are at work they cannot perform as wife`s so of what use is the work if it does not benefit the family?

No matter how educated or how much money they have a woman must humble herself and treat her husband with the utmost respect in all situations. That is not just good for the man but also for the children. The children are raised in an environment where the learn respect and manners.
That is what you get when a man that has struggled for years gets dragged into the mud in his own home. A man that has struggled and faced discrimination and abuse outside. Treat him like a king at home so that he can feel like the man he is, that will give him the strength to keep struggling.
Instead these women get rude, function like they don`t have a family, neglect the welfare of their husbands and homes and go running after the dollars.

God Bless Your Mother.

This is not you talking but years of good training and thank you for accepting the training.

No man Should Kill A Lady For Any Reason. Let Her Go. There Are a lot of Better and Right Thinking Ladies like mutter

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by SirShymexx: 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
soulglo:

Please be my guest and make a table then post here. Please feel free to post examples of women who earned more than their spouses and still collected spousal support. I'm waiting. I don't have time for sentiments. I'm going with facts. Please for my sake when you are going on one of your legendary emotional rants use italics. Then when you switch back use regular font. That way I can bypass the bullshit and get to the one sentence that really has any bearing on what you quoted

Lol. Apart from being logical being a myth in ya world - it also seems you've added acute glaucoma to it. That's double whammy of being incapacitated. Italics and emotional rants? - hysterical. When did I start posting in italics - apart from the few time I referenced articles (which I seldom do btw)? Emotional rants? - you must be confusing yaself with me - you need to go find ya tampons, it seems it's that time of the month again. grin

On spousal support: I know you have reading and comprehension problems, but go back to my previous post on where I cited a ratio of over 1000:1. That's inconsequential since the overwhelming majority of men earn more than women. When the ratio is that big, it becomes negligible.

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Implicit in your post is that by having a child for a man
You did It for him hence your quest to be compensated for all you in giving him a child

I never said, I did it for him and I never said I should be compensated for giving him a child.

I should be compensated for giving up on my career since somebody has to. And since he is not ready to make this sacrifice, he has to make another one. Fair enough.
He hasn't given up on anything and therefore the divorce does not affect him. I have given up on my career and will have to start all over, possibly not having the chance to catch up again.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by abbey621(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I personally have this view about Westerners. I feel, a whole lot of them have mental problems innately. They only wait for the "right time" to strike.

Whatever the woman did, can never be enough reason to murder her. Our Nigerian women- go through a whole lot in marriages...they don't go killing sprees.

I have to disagree with you, is it not in Nigeria where we see several cases of Women hiring assassins to kill their husband, is it not the same Nigeria where women patronize witchcraft just to control their husband or preserve their marriage? The cases pointed out by the OP is far and few, it represents a minority when we look at the number of married Nigerian couples living abroad. Individual personality matters a lot in these cases, a combination of a weak/violent man mixed with a stress filled situation.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by SirShymexx: 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2015
coogar:

what's it called?
are you sure it's not the one channel 4 did last year? top boy?

It's not "Top Boy". Top boy is a UK thing, with Asher D and Kano.

It's called: money and violence. Just youtube it.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Whatever the woman did, can never be enough reason to murder her. Our Nigerian women- go through a whole lot in marriages...they don't go killing sprees.

Truly, ive found out whites are very emotional beings with a different sort of mentality towards life. A lot of disorders are found amongst them. That could account for the mental issues they face.

And Yes, there is absolutely No Excuse for one to take the life another. i wonder the many men in nigeria that would have been killed by their wives going by the logic of 'murderers' in this thread. You can see that the males commenting since the thread started are capable of such hence the justification. Have you ever wondered why its only nigerian men that are doing the killing?

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 03, 2015
raumdeuter:

I am proposing you dont give up job or career you decline

It looks the man has no choice

Would you cohabit and not marry NO

Would you marry and not have kids NO

Would you have kids and get a babysitter so you dont lose millions? NO

The only thing you want is for the man to pay for choices you made willingly not under duress

Where did I say that I wouldn't give up on marriage? I have no intention to get married at all.

I don't want him to pay for the choices I made, but be fair with regards to the choices WE made.

Prenups are known to be bendable by the law and why not a case where no one stay at home and everyone makes up to their potential?

I have already explained it.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 03, 2015

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by tpiah11: 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
A good number of those women come from poor families.

When they make $80k/yr, for their mind they are "Folorunsho Alakija" or Oprah Winfrey.

Bedside nursing sucks and could be depressing. But most immigrants are more interested in the dollar signs until they finally get to do
the work. It sucks more if one's background is not in healthcare.

They tend to forget that it is not necessarily how much you make, but how much you keep at the end of the month.

\

you are really saying nothing (or else typing without sense, because every single thing you claimed here, is commonly applicable to all immigrants, regardless of field of work.

would you turn up your nose at $80,000?

are you from a rich family? If yes, why are you hustling overseas?

which job is not depressing at some point? It all depends on the type of interaction or work dynamics which goes there.

as per your last point, overseas is credit based economy, unlike nigeria which is cash based economy ie cash and carry, which has its pros but also leads to higher rates of insecurity, armed robbery, corruption, fraud, and other social ills.

Surely you are aware of all these? But in your rush to exonerate murderers, you just had to type your two cents?

anyway, lord have mercy.

3 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2015
SirShymexx:

It's not "Top Boy". Top boy is a UK thing, with Asher D and Kano.

It's called: money and violence. Just youtube it.

i'll look it up, bro.....
i have run out of TV series to watch. any known actor there? adewale agbaje? john boyega? grin
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2015
Divorce is such a lucrative job when you are not the one who is working. I wonder why not more men stay at home, take care of the kids, divorce and get rich. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by adconline(m): 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2015
aisha2:
What happens here is what happens abroad.

Woman works with man to build a life, marries him poor, invests her money her youth her energy. Man hits it big, she suddenly isn't good enough, he throws her out and marries younger lover, she has nothing, old and tired she watches a younger woman enjoy the fruits of her labor and dies in misery and heart break.

Abroad, man hustles for years, makes enough money goes home picks a young " submissive" bride. They go abroad she sees the system goes crazy, kicks him out she doesn't need him, she earns a lot more, gets younger man, he is out in the cold, everything he works for gone with the wind, he is starting all over at 60 while pne young man is enjoying all he worked for all his life.

Its the same situation only difference is we hardly see headlines of " increase in rates of wives murdering their husband's " down here while the second one has loads of reports with people applauding and defending it
That's not entirely true.. There are more male home builders and breadwinners in Naija than abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Movesz(m): 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2015
andromida:

But why did the men marry such women? and if the women are so evil why not divorce them?

Seeing as a woman can break a man he should do his due diligence to marry a woman who is good for him and become the kind of man who can command respect from his wife so that the children can learn how to respect themselves and others.

in the us divorce is more expensive than marriage.

The problem is that there is too much freedom in the us....all in the name of fundalmental human right.

So i dnt blam the men or the girls..

That the is american style..

The wild wild west.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by ladygogo: 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Some random girl they know nothing about o. Thinking she is some naive girl who knows nothing. Forgeting that these same girls will act like romans in rome. Some men can be very f00lish and Naive. The belief that they can control these women is the cause. when things dnt go their way, they get frustrated and start shooting. I dnt even know why these men wait until they are sooooo old to marry sef. grin grin

Yes na. These women will continue to show them pepper.There is a cab driver here that left his dutiful Jamaican wife(which was suprising to me because you know how jamo women are) to go marry some runs girl in Naija. While studying Nursing she was planning how she was going to leave her husband with her friend, not knowing the said friend was screwing her husband. Of course, the friend told her husband about her plans, and her husband hooked her down with pregnancy. She now has three kids, devastated, screws younger men, and are now going through a divorce.

Like I always tell my Sister, it serves both parties right.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by anyanwustanley11(m): 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2015
please i need America connection visa
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by tpiah11: 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2015
carefreewannabe:
Divorce is such a lucrative job when you are not the one who is working. I wonder why not more men stay at home, take care of the kids, divorce and get rich. grin grin grin

most of your fellows who are killing their wives, are they not staying home?

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by tpiah11: 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2015
anyanwustanley11:
please i need America connection visa

dating section.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 03, 2015
tpiah11:

most of your fellows who are killing their wives, are they not staying home?

I don't know, I don't have this kind of people in my environment, you might know better.

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 03, 2015
Nonso23:

We aren't designed to be innately lazy smiley

Of course not, making fast money is not a Nigerian trait, it's Asian. grin
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by justwise(m): 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
mutter:
When you have nothing to live for, then you have everything to die for!

The fact that it keeps happening shows that the men are not all suddenly going mad.

A man that had worked so hard brought his much younger wife here to Germany, when they come to church the wife was so rude to the man, perhaps because she was better educated. I quickly grabbed hold of her and drew her aside. I warned her that her husband was respected in this community and if she ever tried it again where I was I would shred her to bits. Foolish girl!

These greedy bitches accept a man they do not love and are ashamed of just to get out of Nigeria and then they want to ruin the man.
Do you know that these men have worked so hard for so many years! Received all kinds of insults from society and then you bring this young girl and she gives you the final insult to let you know you are = 0.
How many of them come here with nothing and soon the man is out of his own home on the streets and having to pay maintenance.
When the study in America, they are able to do so because the man brought them there.
Nursing is not even a good paying job, like any menial job you can gather money if you work enough hours. While they are at work they cannot perform as wife`s so of what use is the work if it does not benefit the family?

No matter how educated or how much money they have a woman must humble herself and treat her husband with the utmost respect in all situations. That is not just good for the man but also for the children. The children are raised in an environment where the learn respect and manners.
That is what you get when a man that has struggled for years gets dragged into the mud in his own home. A man that has struggled and faced discrimination and abuse outside. Treat him like a king at home so that he can feel like the man he is, that will give him the strength to keep struggling.
Instead these women get rude, function like they don`t have a family, neglect the welfare of their husbands and homes and go running after the dollars.

Some serious truth.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by tpiah11: 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I don't know, I don't have this kind of people in my environment, you might know better.

God forbid bad thing.

I generally dont even contribute to this type of thread because i know miscreants and sociopaths will be the majority here.

but sometimes you have to do such or else craze will be accepted as normal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by soulglo: 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Apart from being logical being a myth in ya world - it also seems you've added acute glaucoma to it. That's double whammy of being incapacitated. Italics and emotional rants? - hysterical. When did I start posting in italics - apart from the few time I referenced articles (which I seldom do btw)? Emotional rants? - you must be confusing yaself with me - you need to go find ya tampons, it seems it's that time of the month again. grin

On spousal support: I know you have reading and comprehension problems, but go back to my previous post on where I cited a ratio of over 1000:1. That's inconsequential since the overwhelming majority of men earn more than women. When the ratio is that big, it becomes negligible.

YAWN. You have actually said nothing

9 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2015
Nonso23:

We aren't designed to be innately lazy smiley

beautiful response

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (48) (Reply)

Soldier Catches Wife With Another Man, Parades Them Both Naked In Public. Photos / You Went To The Gym to pick Your Wife home but u met her like This(photo) / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.