Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? (33412 Views)

Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? / Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? / Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by mensdept: 3:02am On Feb 08, 2015
Seriously? Is this a big deal
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by ynkthomas: 4:27am On Feb 08, 2015
MadCow1:

You must be a 'MotherFhucker'.. angry

You got aroused at the sight of a breastfeeding mother t!tt!es?! You will be in front of me on the Queue to hell fire on judgement day.. angry

You were wrong.. The mother has a right to breastfeed her baby when the baby is hungry. Inside church o, Molue or where ever..

The problem is not the woman, it's you who got aroused at the sight of a lactating t!tt!e that should be stoned..

Guy, you are funny. I'm laughing hard after reading through your profile.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by drnoel: 4:40am On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:
Behind the pew I sat this morning during morning mass, some noise filtered into my ears. Taking a look backwards, I saw a young nursing mother with a big "well-ovallized" bosom breastfeeding her baby.

I must admit, I lost concentration on the mass proceedings for a few minutes.

After a while, I turned back again and told her that it isn't proper for her to breastfeed her baby inside the church.

Her response was, "my baby is hungry, why won't I feed him?"

And my rejoinder was, "you ought to have done that outside the church building"

Whether she took the correction in good faith or not I wouldn't know because I never looked back again.

In your candid opinion, who was right, myself or the lady?

What were ur eyes doing there? Bros u have sinned. Go ask God 4 forgiveness.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 4:41am On Feb 08, 2015
Wrong.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by AreaFada2: 4:57am On Feb 08, 2015
The booob's entire circumference was on show.[/quote].

So you took your time to survey the radius, diameter, circumfrence and leghth of the equilateral triangle that could fit into the circle? shocked
And she was even sitting behind you. Meanwhile sermon was going on.

Haba! Habatically!

She's just a mum at that point, not some sexy chic revealing stuff.

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 5:13am On Feb 08, 2015
drnoel:

What were ur eyes doing there? Bros u have sinned. Go ask God 4 forgiveness.

Go and reread the Op.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 08, 2015
Ridiculous question.

We are Africans. Our mothers breastfeed their children. So...nothing wrong.

If you find it strange...

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by manck2: 5:32am On Feb 08, 2015
sad tongue[i][/i]
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 5:39am On Feb 08, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

No that is giving into pressure and making the world more rotten

The best recourse is to do wat is right and wat you feel like. If the man behaves like animal, let him be treated like one too.

Next time if men like the op look bak and stare at a suckling child, the mother must scream Pervert!!!! At the top of her lungs. Then op can face the public.

So you wish death upon me?

Why Pagan?
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 5:44am On Feb 08, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Ridiculous question.

We are Africans. Our mothers breastfeed their children. So...nothing wrong.

If you find it strange...

Let them also do that during board meetings.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by otil1: 5:49am On Feb 08, 2015
ireneidiva:
Its very wrong. She should go outside or go home.

You won't know how far her home is, dear. It could be 10bus stops away. A hungry or irritated baby should be fed, no delay.

The wisdom of our seniors -in my church (in my village), there are sections for men, women, and the choir.

See the prob of modernity.

Op and others plus church ushers, pls know the different genders and age groups have different needs. Even squeezing yourself in the midst of girls (as a boy) or pack of boys(if you are a girl have potential to distract.

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by sammieguze(m): 5:56am On Feb 08, 2015
Am sorry.... To all nursing mothers who act such....

IMO, i look at them lyk..... Goats coz only lower animals do that. No offense please. God gave you diicks and pvussy to go and multiply yet i dnt see you pple doing it in d public. So, why breastfeed in d public?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 08, 2015
mutter:
Abeg remove you eye and concentrate on your mass.

Why should she go outside to breastfeed. Do you know that breast feeding can go on for ages and you want the woman to miss the service because she is feeding the child God gave her.

No better place to breast feed a child than in God`s presence.
God smiles and is gladdened to see her do so.

It is God`s house and not yours!

The important thing is that it is pleasing in his eye.
He is probably more disturbed about people entering his house in tolerant and unclean.

Next time you see such a thing smile at the lady and appreciate her service to mankind and then mind your biz.

The nursing mothers ought to cover the breast with a baby blanket or some cloth
I also hate the sight of a breast right in everybody's face,it is distracting to onlookers and very crude
There is a discreet way to do these things,this is 2015

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 08, 2015
glogirl:
I called you a pervert because you were in church, yet you still had the time to notice the "well ovalized breasts" instead of seeing a cute hungry baby that needs to be fed. Sometimes what we see in a situation differs from what another person sees and it's an outcome of the contents of our minds.
You said you corrected the young mother but you don't know if she took your advice. Well, my advice to you is to purify your heart and thoughts. It will help you to appreciate the little joys of life.

Please cut that out
The breast was right in front of him and everyone else
It is indecent to do that in public
People should carry a cloth and cover that breast when they whip it out
I would have said something to her too
That is totally unacceptable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 08, 2015
OmoPastor:
Christians on nairaland should refute in its entirety the unfair treatment Seun and his mods have subjected Christians to by making it impossible to comment on topics Muslims raise except you ascent to being a Muslim whereas any Muslim can easily comment on any Christian topic without consenting to being a Christian, Seun is this fair?

Leave their topics for them
Their intolerance in real life transcends to cyber life.cant you see the topics don't go past one page when it hits FP
Leave them
Why would you want to post on dry topics that look like a funeral

2 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by richfaxy: 6:27am On Feb 08, 2015
My candid opinion

1. its not a crime to breast feed in the church
2. she can't allow the baby to be crying and disturbing the congregation.
3. Most churches creates a section for nursing mothers
4. Any woman breastfeeding in church should cover her the fleshy part leaving just the nipple for the baby to suck so as not to cause unnecessary attention.

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by dadoctore(m): 6:31am On Feb 08, 2015
Most of wat I read ere is pure hypocrisy! Hw many of u men chiding d Op will be comfy sitting beside ur wife who's doing exactly wat d Op described? ITS JUST NOT RIGHT!!! Hw can a woman(a learned 1 I wana believe) in dis age n time do dat in public...much less a place of worship?? Let's cut d bullshiit talking bout d Op's wandering eyes cos we all knw he can't av been d only one who saw it(n felt uncomfy bout it) so u can imagine dere would av been sm whispers going on concerning wat d woman in question did,only tin is no1 had d guts to speak up prolly for fear of wat d Op is presently facing atm ere...n dat really is part of wat 'kills' us as a people...dis no-be-me-talk-am attitude we adopt.
My conclusion is dis...an usher(female pref) shulda done her duty dere by coming to lead d woman to a secluded area of d church whr she can feed her baby as well as pay attention to d service.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:
Behind the pew I sat this morning during morning mass, some noise filtered into my ears. Taking a look backwards, I saw a young nursing mother with a big "well-ovallized" bosom breastfeeding her baby.

I must admit, I lost concentration on the mass proceedings for a few minutes.

After a while, I turned back again and told her that it isn't proper for her to breastfeed her baby inside the church.

Her response was, "my baby is hungry, why won't I feed him?"

And my rejoinder was, "you ought to have done that outside the church building"

Whether she took the correction in good faith or not I wouldn't know because I never looked back again.

In your candid opinion, who was right, myself or the lady?

Mind yourbizwhack you sex depraved fiend.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by dadoctore(m): 6:34am On Feb 08, 2015
babyosisi:

Leave their topics for them
Their intolerance in real life transcends to cyber life.cant you see the topics don't go past one page when it hits FP
Leave them
Why would you want to post on dry topics that look like a funeral
Cmon tho I'm a christian I'll admit ur comment is a lil cruel n incentive...emphasis on d last line.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by dadoctore(m): 6:35am On Feb 08, 2015
babyosisi:

The nursing mothers ought to cover the breast with a baby blanket or some cloth
I also hate the sight of a breast right in everybody's face,it is distracting to onlookers and very crude
There is a discreet way to do these things,this is 2015
I totally agree wit u on dis!

3 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by ify84(m): 6:40am On Feb 08, 2015
Ok, this woman sat near me on a bus and the baby was very impatient... And the journey still far.... The woman of course did the needful, breastfeeding her baby.... I turned and saw breast and baby, I admired the baby and not d breast because...

In a bus, will u also asked the driver to stop for her to go outside to breastfeed the baby..

Married women breast shd be of no value to any young man

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Aystarz: 6:42am On Feb 08, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Indecent, but I've never bothered myself with that.

Just that a modest mother should prepare a bottle for her child if she knows there won't be a place "private" for her to br.eastfeed. Especially with the male folks around, they are males and shouldn't be put in awkward situations with things that could easily be avoided.

Now, here's a woman who isn't subjective about the whole situation. Great input .
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by dadoctore(m): 6:45am On Feb 08, 2015
Saucekide25:
Get up to #5000 discounts and Swift Delivery when you order items on Jumia.com[Pay on Delivery]...To place your orders Call or Whatsapp (08122204769)or e-mail me via (Eonuegbu1@gmail.com).
Wait ooo,is it d same Jumia dat hasn't delivered just 2shirts to me since early last year even afta dey called to confirm my order?? #justcurious

2 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Kei144(m): 6:49am On Feb 08, 2015
Tit. 1:15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.

Any male who is disturbed by a woman breastfeeding her child in the church needs sanctification.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 08, 2015
grin grin grin

Hilarious thread indeed. grin
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Joel3(m): 6:51am On Feb 08, 2015
what if i bring out my dick inside the church to scratch it. Will ladys get distracted?

Is that ok in their sight

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by KillerBeauty(f): 6:52am On Feb 08, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

SEXUAL REPRESEBTATION BECAUSE OF THE WEST AND YOU WOMEN MAKING IT A SEX OBJECT!

MADAME THIS IS AFRICA! OVER HERE BOOBS ARE JUST MAMMARY GLANDS.
This is africa of the new age/modern africa/21st century africa. Most women in africa don't go out with their chest bare anymore like it use to be in prehistoric times. Or when was the last time you saw women in your neighbourhood walking around barechested.
Also the female boobs has always caught the fancy of the male eyes like it caught the eyes of the op. Like it or not to men the boobs is part of their sexual fantasy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by slimmingcare(f): 6:54am On Feb 08, 2015
Your church should have a nursing mother section but if not,just take your mind away from such.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by productad: 6:55am On Feb 08, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Firstly, It's not about balls but common sense.

You can't compare a man chastising a woman / a man chastising a man, to a woman chastising a man. Do you know what's happened to the few women who tried to tell your fellow men off for being so anti-social?

Secondly kindly explain how you owe society and God that? Who / what is society?

How and what do you owe God with regards to a woman doing what God naturally endowed her with, for her baby? You went to church to hear the word of God, and not to oogle at the poor mother feeding her child. Rather than concentrate on your primary purpose for being there in the first place, you spent a fraction of your time lusting after the shape of her b.reas.ts and hating on her for feeding her baby.

If you were so uncomfortable, why didn't you do the decent thing by changing seats or better still, going to sit outside, away from "temptation"?

Women have been br.eas.tfee.ding their young since time immemorial and that isn't about to change because some man finds it difficult to keep his JT in check.

Efemena, defender of 'misunderstood' wives on Nairaland!

But this time, you are so wrong!
I'm sure she won't miss a thing by leaving with her baby to a quiet corner outside to breastfeed her baby for a few minutes, then come back to sit.
After all, the baby will feed for a couple of minutes and keep quiet and start playing again or even sleep off.
It is not proper. Simple!

*case closed*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 08, 2015
dat must b catholic church i guez,she is wrong as u thought...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Female Traditionalist: My Greatest Regret In Life Is Going To Church / I Disguised As Beggar To Teach Christians Kindness – Fr Thaddeus Ilechukwu / All Haters Should Proceed To Hell - PA To Pastor David Ibiyieome Address Haters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.