Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu (19983 Views)

If You Sit At Home On Biafrans Day I Will Arrest You - Rochas Okorocha / We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by babestella: 11:23am On Feb 13, 2015
whitecat2:
If you don't arrest Fashola(cos we know that's who you are you are talking about)then you are a bastardd! Omo ale yanmirin!

You want to cos trouble in Lagos, try it and burn!

Rachet police!

Why call him a bastard Igbo man (the bolded), you want to start tribal war here right? The man simply directed his men to arrest anyone who comes to the polling units with arms or anyone who have come there to start troubles that will give way to rigging and you are here talking about Fashola. I can see that LAGOS is invested by hudlums and agberos who on daily basis rob motorist on LAGOS bridges and other dark spots around LAGOS. I guess that is where you profit from and you don't want that to stop. These are touts regularly used to forment electoral violence in other to give way for electoral manipulation.
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by sayso: 11:23am On Feb 13, 2015
If GEJ loses the election,Mbu your end will come faster than you think.Always keep some % during controversy just incase.

1 Like

Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by Suljosh: 11:33am On Feb 13, 2015
Mbu your days are numbered be warned.
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by hidee20(m): 11:33am On Feb 13, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Nice one MBU.
Arrest any erring government official... Lagos must be rid of thuggery which was introduced by the Oluwole certificate forger and drug baron, with his eyes like that of frog.

clap!clap!!clap!!! you got yourself an award at aso-rock villa.Pls bring someone sensible when coming.

1 Like

Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by babestella: 11:34am On Feb 13, 2015
Fashola knows the electoral laws and rules and regulation of an election process. I'm sure he is learned enough to understand that he cannot use his office to violate or abuse the law. If he does, he might have to contend with the police authorities. Let's all be civil and peaceful during the process.
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by staymore: 11:52am On Feb 13, 2015
Mbu is a professional Police officer. I like his style.

1 Like

Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by Champele(m): 11:53am On Feb 13, 2015
idupaul:
Dumb comment from Mbu , has he forgotten that they have immunity
immunity to disobey the law?.
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by Diligence: 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
Mbu happens to be a performer who achieves results SMARTLY... Once again, he implies that if a governor who is erring/straying cld be arrested, and every hand must be on deck so collectively, we can achieve a very credible election!
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by frainc(m): 12:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
Rexxie:

da ways of da touts....
Its easy to know da agberos...
Awòn éle'wón..
grin
don't mind them
By their comment, we shall know them

1 Like

Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by badesco(m): 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
whitecat2:
If you don't arrest Fashola(cos we know that's who you are you are talking about)then you are a bastardd! Omo ale yanmirin!

You want to cos trouble in Lagos, try it and burn!

Rachet police!

Nobody is above the law, so tell Mr Governor and others to behave and conduct themselves and there will be wahala.
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by stepone(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
Gej should send this supper police to borno to first go fight BH
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by liquiddeep: 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
raumdeuter:
Can Police arrest a sitting governor who is the Chief security officer of his state and enjoys immunity
Na wetin,i wan ask be dat oh.
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by Austinio: 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
ishiamu:
The new Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 2, Joseph Mbu, has warned that a constable in the zone will arrest any governor or politician, who conducts himself or herself in an unruly manner at the polling unit during the forthcoming elections.

He said this on Thursday in Abeokuta during his official visit to the Ogun State Police Command headquarters, Eleweran, while he was addressing the policemen in the command.

Mbu told the men of the command, who would be on electoral duty to keep an eagle eye on everyone coming to the polling units to vote, stating that anyone caught with arms should be arrested instantly.

He added that he was in the Ogun police command to encourage and advise his men ahead of the polls.

He said,  “I am here to encourage, support and advise you because we have a critical part to play in the forthcoming elections.

“Our actions and activities will go a long way to decide this election, so, I have come to tell you that we must remain impartial in ensuring free, fair, peaceful and violent-free polls.

“As far as the law is concerned, we are not going to respect anybody and whoever is coming to the booth should vote and leave peacefully.

“Anyone who comes there to campaign, even if it is the chief executive of the state, a constable at that polling booth would stop him.”

Mbu, who debunked the notion that he was sent to the zone to do a hatchet job in the forthcoming elections, said he had been a commissioner in Oyo, Ekiti, Rivers states and the Federal Capital Territory and the Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zone 7, said the current posting was not in anyway different.

But he vowed to do his job, warning that his men wouldn’t look the other way if any electoral offence was being committed.

He said, “I am here to make sure everywhere is calm; I am not here at Zone 2 only for elections. The Zone 2 must not just fail during the elections.

“I am here to make sure everything goes on peacefully, but the police will arrest anybody that commits any electoral offences.

Anybody found with arms will be arrested by the police; and anyone that cannot be arrested, we will recover the arms by force.”

Talking about his face-off with the Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi, Mbu said the media worked against him by giving prominence to the stories from the governor while they blanked him out.

He said, “I was not popular in Rivers State; you(media) made me unpopular in Rivers State. I was popular in Oyo State. I was popular in Abuja when I was CP of FCT and when I was AIG.

“In Rivers State, you people(media) were not hearing my side of the story; because the other party was richer, so you were not hearing my story.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/my-constable-will-arrest-any-errant-governor-mbu/
. pls is he the only police commissioner in this country that we can't hear word again.
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by Laid2001: 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
Pesin wey no fit arrest Amechi, want to come arrest Fashola for LAgos!
Wonders shall never end!.

If Mbu is not popular in Rivers how does he think he will be popular in Lagos!.

Mbu will not be allowed to do any rigging for his pay master here in Lagos.

Lagosians will protect their vote and No amount of harrassment or threat from the likes of Mbu will stop the good people of Lagos from carrying out their Civc duty of free and fair Election!
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by swezenberg(m): 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
MBU should just keep quiet and do what he needs to do within the law. He is calling for more trouble for himself. When the wahala in Southwest starts he won't be able to run to his master o. They will soon remote the guy if he doesn't keep quiet. Just unnecessarily calling for wahala for himself
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by vision2022: 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
Controversial Mbu has started again? Nigeria Police is for maintenance of peace and other, not for controversial assignment.

1 Like

Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by napredboy(m): 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2015
mbu it,s time for you to spread(disgrace) in south west i pity you because we are enlightened here:a word is enough
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by Ephemmm: 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2015
Chiaka:

Immunity ko, Immunity ni, Na immunity make Ameachi dey misbehave. Very corrupt men trying to fight corruption.
Im don tif tif im state money finish give APC for campaign. Please his advisors should advice him to pay salaries I beg.

Na only PH dey owe worker salaries? Tell your corrupt President to release all the embezzled allocation directed towards PDP electioneering campaign.

FG reduces allocation by 30 to 40% and you didn't see anything wrong in it. What a sentimental mind!
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by zanga420: 6:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
@ whitecat2 , What I dont understand's what some people are afraid of? Anybody whose hand is clean has nothing to fear.
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by ollyruffy: 7:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
Now you see why Nigerian policemen kill innocent people any how.

Even their boss is ill-trained.

1 Like

Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
While Mbu might be controversial, he is still responsible for law and order in the states under his zone.

My advice is that Mbu and his men play impartial security agents during the elections and ensure that no voter is intimidated.

If he can do this within his abilities then we might happily just excuse his talkative and brash public relations techniques.
Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by Duru1(m): 9:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
It apparently appears most Nigerians are loud mouthed. This Mbu dude can let his performance on the job do the talking.

1 Like

Re: My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu by ifeojobas(f): 2:28am On Feb 14, 2015
ishiamu:

Was he meant to pay? Lekki toll is even illegal know it now

1. Why shouldn't he have paid? So it is what he did that is now right?

2. If you say so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola / Kinsmen Move To Recall Okorocha From Senate / El-Rufai: FG Slowing Down Efforts Of North-West Governors To End Banditry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.