Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner (25937 Views)

If You're Studying Any Of These Courses You Aren't In School - NUC / Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle / 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by bennymark(m): 3:39pm On May 22, 2016
I did all during a 5year academic window

kobenol:
Let's call that "CALCULUS" ENGINEERING ANALYSIS. It's the all encompassing toolbox for problem solving. Modules include Convolution theory, Second order non-linear differentials, Advanced Matrices (Choleski's & Gaussian) etc.
FLUID MECHANICS Pressure equations from Pascal's law is applied in advanced Hydraulics Engineering to facilitate Pipeline Water Supply Schemes, Open channel drains, canals, Reservoirs, Water Enbankment etc.
STRENGTH OF MATERIALS modules introduces Forces, Stress, Moments of Inertia, Torsion, Shear, Deflection in materials and structures.
ENGINEERING MECHANICS..Magnitudes of forces, Support reactions, Resultants, Vectors, Tension/Compression.
More Later...
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Alexk2(m): 3:42pm On May 22, 2016
That's true but there is more.

I rep better by far.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by gidjah(m): 3:44pm On May 22, 2016
you are pretty correct my guy, FOURIER , RUNGE KUTTA na serious die,i still remain abnormalm till date,... thanks to ENGINEERING!.Most of you here, even the full time engrs on this forum wont understand. YOU kow that kind thing, when Daddy, mummy, younger bros, elder bros,all are engrs.... you must know book die o!
dejavski:
Fourier series, Runge Kutta(that one na die!!!), - advanced calculus
Bernoulli equation, compressible flow
- fluid mechanics
Zeroth, First, 2nd and 3rd law of thermodynamics, carnot cycle, rankine cycle, vapour power cycle, clausius-clapeyron equation..
Power transmission, cams, gears and gear train, governors, gyroscopes- Mechanics of machines
Turbomachinery
Refrigeration cycle
Viscous Flow theory(one of the most difficult courses cry )

Shout out to all Mechanical Engineers in the house!!
#respect
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by icankel: 4:07pm On May 22, 2016
I think all the Engineering lecturers are really tough but i beliv ANSU engineering lecturers r tougher. Thank God were now telling a gud stories...proud to b an Engine guy
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by dejavski(m): 4:16pm On May 22, 2016
gidjah:
you are pretty correct my guy, FOURIER , RUNGE KUTTA na serious die,i still remain abnormalm till date,... thanks to ENGINEERING!.Most of you here, even the full time engrs on this forum wont understand. YOU kow that kind thing, when Daddy, mummy, younger bros, elder bros,all are engrs.... you must know book die o!

Lol!! If I hear say I know book. I be average guy for class back then oh
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by dejavski(m): 4:19pm On May 22, 2016
Tellemall:

Yes , but it's one of the easier aspects in numerics. I enjoyed the brain play and flow with it.

Maybe the person who taught you made it seem tedious. And please, don't call them goons again. grin
Unilag goons grin cheesy

Did u attend unilag? I yes then u should know of a certain Dr fashanu. He took us then...you'll never hear a word during his lectures, the only time he tries to be audible is when he shouts "are you with me"
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by tibaonnet: 4:26pm On May 22, 2016
darkhorizon:

Are you kidding me,those courses you mentioned above are big bonuses,and are easy. Like I said earlier you just need to grasp the basics.
No wonder you 're not given a mug.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by comrChris(m): 4:34pm On May 22, 2016
martineverest:
Those are mechanical engineering courses, not general engineering
not true, chemical engineers offer those courses too

1 Like

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by ExpressBooking(m): 4:47pm On May 22, 2016
Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics are mostly for Chemical and Mechanical engineering. Though in our days at UNIZIK we did Mechanical Production Engineering (MPE) and we were the last set to offer that as it was split into two separate courses,Mechanical engineering and Industrial Production Engineering

1 Like

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Tellemall: 5:08pm On May 22, 2016
dejavski:

Did u attend unilag? I yes then u should know of a certain Dr fashanu. He took us then...you'll never hear a word during his lectures, the only time he tries to be audible is when he shouts "are you with me"

I did not attend unilag. But your lecturer sounds funny. grin
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Tellemall: 5:08pm On May 22, 2016
dejavski:

I did not attend unilag. But your lecturer sounds funny. grin
We
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 22, 2016
Why una dey mention my moniker always
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Engrpj(m): 5:32pm On May 22, 2016
Retarokeroro:

UNIMAID for real, M B umaru and Fasiu......Lmao you go fear Mech. Eng.
for real man.... Mechanics and Thermodynamics..... na die oooo Doz dayz
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 22, 2016
Foundation Engineering, Soil Mechanics,Thermo BY MAGIC..,laplace jagbanjatis., etc.... If i catch Isaac Newton for heaven ehm. I go beat am ehn nor b small cos himself follow for all wahala....
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by suleiman419(m): 5:34pm On May 22, 2016
Aerodynamic
Hydrodynamics
Thermodynamics
Bioresources engineering
Farm machinery

Team ABU Zaria,Agric engineering
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by lekzey(m): 5:45pm On May 22, 2016
Thermodynamics, engineering mechanics, fluid mechanics, engineering drawing, strength of material
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by isken: 5:55pm On May 22, 2016
great
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 22, 2016
Any BSc in mathematics
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by mroyato(m): 7:17pm On May 22, 2016
dejavski:

Lol at the 'are you with me'..that's actually the part of the class I won't forget soon.

Bros which dept you finish from
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by dejavski(m): 8:06pm On May 22, 2016
mroyato:

Lol at the 'are you with me'..that's actually the part of the class I won't forget soon.

Bros which dept you finish from

Mech Engr.

U?
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 22, 2016
martineverest:
Engineering mechanics related courses are the most interesting and hardest courses in engineering

What about E/E related courses?
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by mroyato(m): 10:21pm On May 22, 2016
dejavski:

Mech Engr.
U?
Mech too...
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by dejavski(m): 8:41am On May 23, 2016
mroyato:

Mech too...

Nice one which set?
Mine is Mech '12
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by preggi(m): 3:52pm On May 23, 2016
Jobia:
electrical engineering?

Yes EEE
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by preggi(m): 3:59pm On May 23, 2016
cutelover19:
well, I went through
materials science, strength of material, fluid mechanics, applied mechanics, advanced calculus and numerical analysis, circuit theories 1 & 2, engr drawing, engineering mathematics, control engineering, signals and systems, programming, analog electronics, logic circuits, digital signal processing, workshop practise, instrumentation and measurements, EM fields and waves, antennas and wave propagation, optical communication, Telecom engineering, computer networks and internet, network security, wireless communication, entrepreneurship, management and law, computer hardware, satellite communication, digital image processing, undergraduate thesis, telecommunication standards and policy regulation. and many I can't even remember.
I rep telecommunication engineering,
FUTMINNA.
FutMx....how is Prof Lizzy and I hope she is still in the dept?
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by kingsleyezeugo(m): 7:28pm On May 23, 2016
i did all these courses as an food sci n tech student
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Frankamah11(m): 11:24pm On May 23, 2016
Fluid mechanics and structural design..,,na die!!!
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by vickychuk(m): 1:47am On May 24, 2016
Nothing more annoying than being told to derive an already existing formula.... Engr offor quiz be like:
1 Derive the Carnot equation
2 Prove that the earth is on positive entropy.
3 without using steam table find the dew point temperature when a molecule of methane is combusted at 1800KPa.
and blah blah blah...
You have 10 minutes.
*5 mins into the quiz he shout submit your script *
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by cutelover19(m): 12:28pm On May 24, 2016
preggi:

FutMx....how is Prof Lizzy and I hope she is still in the dept?
yes o
she's very much around. very strict but nice woman
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by fweshlee(m): 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
gidjah:
Fourier series,Laplace,Taylor series,Runge Kutta all na cake cos I love analysis......See fluid mechanics
And Vibration na Die........e get one Euler proving chai!!! I wan die
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by fweshlee(m): 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
Where Ladokites........products of Baba Oladeji
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by agoadiv(m): 10:20am On Aug 02, 2016
Precel1:
I rep chemical engineering #UNIUYO
wow, wad level r u in this course

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNIZIK Reacts After Facebook User Advertised Its Admission Slots For Sale / How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard / 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.