Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner (25898 Views)

If You're Studying Any Of These Courses You Aren't In School - NUC / Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle / 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by SeunWedsLinda(m): 7:10am On May 22, 2016
Op, save for fluid flow and engine drawing, I found all other courses you listed there simple.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by ATMCARD2(m): 7:10am On May 22, 2016
Skoopy:
For every graduate of engineering, you must have gone through most of the courses I will list below, if not all. This courses are so important that it is near impossible to graduate without having a fair knowledge of them.

1) Thermodynamics : this is the study of heat and temperature in relation to energy and work. The desire to improve on the efficiency of steam engines lead to the development of this course. Terms such as enthalpy, entropy, energy and pressure will be used often in the said course. Thermodynamics have four basic laws, but this cannot be handled here.

2)FLUID MECHANICS : This has to do with the study of fluids (liquids and gases), it is divided broadly into two, FLUID STATICS and FLUID DYNAMICS. With the former taking care of fluids with no sheer stress( ie fluids at rest) and the latter handling fluids in motion. Base on flow, we have compressible and in compressible fluid whose difference lie in their rate of flow with density change. Two most common but very important theories include those of newton's on viscosity and archimedes on floatation. Applications include in aviation sector, shipping / maritime, refineries, production of breweries etc.

3) CALCULUS / ADVANCE CALCULUS : This is an extension of further mathematics, has topics like polynomial, matrices and determinant, integration and differentiation and the most feared of virtually all engineering students Laplace transformation. The application of which cannot be under -estimated.

4) DESIGN/ STRUCTURAL DESIGN/ EQUIPMENT DESIGN/ PROCESS CONTROL.

5) TECHNICAL / ENGINEERING DRAWING. Before any construction/ fabrication work is carried out, it most be properly represented on paper with dimensions.

All engineers on naira land, how many of this courses did you pass through? None engineers who love the profession are also welcome.
.I. rep FUTO.To all d FUTOITES here,i greet.

3 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 7:11am On May 22, 2016
Liebnitz:
Nice one, I've passed through Calculus...Engineering Mechanics 205 and Engineering thermodynamics...CHE201..OAU...A silly course filled with formulae...but still an "A course"...laplace transformations and fourier series loading.
done with both tongue
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by preggi(m): 7:14am On May 22, 2016
It is great to be an Engineer.

Circuit Theory and Analysis
Engineering "Drowning" Drawing
Fields Theory

Only few men are wired to be Engineers.

I Rep FUTA
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 7:16am On May 22, 2016
smh @ kids
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Ahmedie28(m): 7:17am On May 22, 2016
Applied Electricity. Engineer in Society Engineering Economic.
should also b added
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Tellemall: 7:18am On May 22, 2016
dejavski:
Fourier series, Runge Kutta(that one na die!!!), - advanced calculus
Bernoulli equation, compressible flow
- fluid mechanics
Zeroth, First, 2nd and 3rd law of thermodynamics, carnot cycle, rankine cycle, vapour power cycle, clausius-clapeyron equation..
Power transmission, cams, gears and gear train, governors, gyroscopes- Mechanics of machines
Turbomachinery
Refrigeration cycle
Viscous Flow theory(one of the most difficult courses cry )

Shout out to all Mechanical Engineers in the house!!
#respect

When did the Runge Kutta become something deadly? That is one of the best parts of mathematics. Likewise the Laplace transformation.

2 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 7:19am On May 22, 2016
In my 400lvl 1st semester, I've done all those courses listed. Feeling blessed!

1 Like

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by RHARPHELLE99(m): 7:23am On May 22, 2016
Oh my oh my..... FLUID MECHANICS N THERMO.... those courses ehn... OP u didnt mention heat transfer
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by pkang: 7:24am On May 22, 2016
a) Engine Drawing
b) Instrumentation, Measurement and Control
c) Fluid Mechanics
d) Introduction to Engineering Materials
e) Introduction to Electrical and Electronics Engineering
f) Workshop Practice
g) Machine Design
i) Entrepreneurship
j) Technical report writing
k) Plant Design
l) Ordinary Differential Equation (ODi Egwu)
m) Engineering Thermodynamic (Thermo Demonic)
n) Engineering Analysis
o) Industrial Studies
p) Engineering Law and Management
q) Strength of Material

.....rep FUTO cool

FUTO I hail o.
Hmmmmm the lecturer who handled Strenght of Materials in my time was dam good n not wicked only to die two weeks after we wrote his course. He is the only n till today no one can fit into his knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by mamaafrik(m): 7:25am On May 22, 2016
dejavski:
Fourier series, Runge Kutta(that one na die!!!), - advanced calculus
Bernoulli equation, compressible flow
- fluid mechanics
Zeroth, First, 2nd and 3rd law of thermodynamics, carnot cycle, rankine cycle, vapour power cycle, clausius-clapeyron equation..
Power transmission, cams, gears and gear train, governors, gyroscopes- Mechanics of machines
Turbomachinery
Refrigeration cycle
Viscous Flow theory(one of the most difficult courses cry )

Shout out to all Mechanical Engineers in the house!!
#respect
i can neva forget that name"NAVIER STOKE EQUATION" in fluid mechanics.wait,i'm i the only one who did that "theory of elasticity course?",they should have included that course in Quran,lotta alif ba ta.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by martineverest(m): 7:25am On May 22, 2016
Those are mechanical engineering courses, not general engineering

2 Likes

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by MsGlobalwonder(f): 7:25am On May 22, 2016
Liebnitz:
Nice one, I've passed through Calculus...Engineering Mechanics 205 and Engineering thermodynamics...CHE201..OAU...A silly course filled with formulae...but still an "A course"...laplace transformations and fourier series loading.
hmmm.. OAU... wink dept? Year? I may just know you grin
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by olaitoro(m): 7:28am On May 22, 2016
ATMCARD2:
.I. rep FUTO.To all d FUTOITES here,i greet.
that school is a hard knot to crack, courses like

Heat and mass transfer,

Engineering analysis,

Engineering thermodynamic (thermodemonic),

Ordinary differential equation (odiegwu),

Strenght of material,

Material failure analysis etc.,

always shape and mature boys to men.

Fustration Under Tension and Overstress FUTO

aka: Ihiagwa Boys High School Owerri.

Material and Metallurgical Engineering rep.

1 Like

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by mamaafrik(m): 7:30am On May 22, 2016
They tell us "you are a designer",shoooooooooo,me i neva see any sturm lovielle ,frobenius,torsional equation ,bending moment or any laplace equation since we finish ohhhhhh.

1 Like

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by olaitoro(m): 7:30am On May 22, 2016
pkang:

FUTO I hail o.
Hmmmmm the lecturer who handled Strenght of Materials in my time was dam good n not wicked only to die two weeks after we wrote his course. He is the only n till today no one can fit into his knowledge.

pls, hope is not Dr. Onwuka of CIE
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by engrfemi(m): 7:35am On May 22, 2016
Hello, I don't mind getting some1 that can put me through on revit and orion software. Pls contact me via femi.tobi@yahoo.com or 07066257281 pls. Lagos...!!!
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by martineverest(m): 7:36am On May 22, 2016
Engineering mechanics related courses are the most interesting and hardest courses in engineering
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Lloydmario(m): 7:36am On May 22, 2016
I passed all of them, but I hate technical drawing (TD) back then!
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by duchess02(m): 7:41am On May 22, 2016
Wat abt engineering maths, Laplace transform.
I had A1 in thermodynamics back den
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by impregnable10(m): 7:41am On May 22, 2016
Guy, e no easy ooo
From introduction to engineering, the lecturer gave 1 hr to answer about 50 theory questions. na 1 unit course oo

Applied mechanics, all those radius of gyrations

Strength of materials, all those bending moments & sheer forces

Fluid mechanics

Engineering analysis, where I asked God for E, He gave me D. You must buy textbooks you don't even need oo. For me there are E's that are better than A's

Computational method oo, 4 units course

In fact there are some courses that when you remember it, you will be asking yourself how did you passed these courses.

I rep MOUAU computer engineering graduate.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Deboxoxo(m): 7:41am On May 22, 2016
Pls can you prescribe explanatory textbook for some of those courses like Thermo, Calculus, Engineering maths, etc
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Jamean(f): 7:43am On May 22, 2016
What about "Strength of materials" undecided
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by martineverest(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2016
engrfemi:
Hello, I don't mind getting some1 that can put me through on revit and orion software. Pls contact me via femi.tobi@yahoo.com or 07066257281 pls. Lagos...!!!
go to computer village in Lagos, ask for revit tutorials... They are numerous

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by kikies(m): 7:44am On May 22, 2016
Instrumentation & Control
Laplace Transforms..................Lawd as if I was bin taught Latin at first,Bt later got used to them,thank God.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by ralphsoo(m): 7:45am On May 22, 2016
I studied Food Science and Technology. I did all those courses
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Coldfeets: 7:47am On May 22, 2016
... And after making use of Steam table, calculating all the Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors, solving complex number, doing the Laplace transform, Karnaugh mapping, and reading Theraja from back to back, you still end up as a marketer for GTBank.

Engineering students in Nigeria, sorry.

Ha ha ha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by baysan(m): 7:47am On May 22, 2016
oluwa Thermo Chai i fear dat course d lecturer who taught us made matter worst proudly comp Engr
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by kikies(m): 7:47am On May 22, 2016
mamaafrik:
They tell us "you are a designer",shoooooooooo,me i neva see any sturm lovielle ,frobenius,torsional equation ,bending moment or any laplace equation since we finish ohhhhhh.
As if na wetin w go dey do for work b that mtchewwwww
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 7:49am On May 22, 2016
starting from numerical analysis (gauss siedel law,jacobi,cholesky),to advance engineering math,fourier series, Laplace transformation,..hmmmm I remember theraja theraja(electrical) too,lattice parameters(met n mat),fluid mechanics,assembly drawings,strength of materials (bending moment n shear force)...engineering is really interesting
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Deeman87: 7:50am On May 22, 2016
Engineering Economics,
Engineering Chemistry,
Theory of Machines,
Applied Electricity,
Material Science,
General Engineering Laboratory,
Workshop Practice,
Strenght of Materials,
Computer Aided Engineering,
Engineering Thermodynamics,
Engineer in Society,
Engineering Mathematics,
Fluid Mechnics,
Logic and Philosophy,
Engineering Management and Law,
SWEP (Student Work Experience Program)
Proudly FUTMINNA Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering 2010 Graduate

1 Like

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by martineverest(m): 7:55am On May 22, 2016
Deboxoxo:
Pls can you prescribe explanatory textbook for some of those courses like Thermo, Calculus, Engineering maths, etc
advance k.A Stroud,
Thomas' calculus: Early transcendentals
Advanced engine. maths by kreyszig

Fundamentals of thermodynamics,çengels and boles
Applied thermodynamics by eastop and mcConkey

Thermodynamics by rajput

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu / Handsome Nigerian, Onuaha Bags A Gold Honor As An INTERN In L.W CHIROPRACTIC,USA / UNIZIK Reacts After Facebook User Advertised Its Admission Slots For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.