Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner (25945 Views)

If You're Studying Any Of These Courses You Aren't In School - NUC / Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle / 10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by sergiolefty(m): 12:27pm On May 22, 2016
mytym:

Ajee is known by all...
How is electrode and ojo.
F.k ojo nd akande loh deh skul presently.....they re doing der masters in canada I guess
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by coldFLARES1(m): 12:28pm On May 22, 2016
Skoopy:
For every graduate of engineering, you must have gone through most of the courses I will list below, if not all. This courses are so important that it is near impossible to graduate without having a fair knowledge of them.

1) Thermodynamics : this is the study of heat and temperature in relation to energy and work. The desire to improve on the efficiency of steam engines lead to the development of this course. Terms such as enthalpy, entropy, energy and pressure will be used often in the said course. Thermodynamics have four basic laws, but this cannot be handled here.

2)FLUID MECHANICS : This has to do with the study of fluids (liquids and gases), it is divided broadly into two, FLUID STATICS and FLUID DYNAMICS. With the former taking care of fluids with no sheer stress( ie fluids at rest) and the latter handling fluids in motion. Base on flow, we have compressible and in compressible fluid whose difference lie in their rate of flow with density change. Two most common but very important theories include those of newton's on viscosity and archimedes on floatation. Applications include in aviation sector, shipping / maritime, refineries, production of breweries etc.

3) CALCULUS / ADVANCE CALCULUS : This is an extension of further mathematics, has topics like polynomial, matrices and determinant, integration and differentiation and the most feared of virtually all engineering students Laplace transformation. The application of which cannot be under -estimated.

4) DESIGN/ STRUCTURAL DESIGN/ EQUIPMENT DESIGN/ PROCESS CONTROL.

5) TECHNICAL / ENGINEERING DRAWING. Before any construction/ fabrication work is carried out, it most be properly represented on paper with dimensions.

All engineers on naira land, how many of this courses did you pass through? None engineers who love the profession are also welcome.
I searched your list for Mathematical Modelling. Chai! I don't know what relevance the course seeks to serve but it always made me sad and almost made me mad.

One absurd. course that made Okoh, (PhD) of the Uniport feel like he had the formula for operating the universe.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by mytym(m): 12:43pm On May 22, 2016
sergiolefty:

F.k ojo nd akande loh deh skul presently.....they re doing der masters in canada I guess
Masters??

I mean Dr. Adedapo Ojo, heard is an associate professor now.

Electrode is Dr Akanbi
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 22, 2016
preggi:
It is great to be an Engineer.

Circuit Theory and Analysis
Engineering "Drowning" Drawing
Fields Theory

Only few men are wired to be Engineers.

I Rep FUTA
electrical engineering?
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by martineverest(m): 12:48pm On May 22, 2016
olaitoro:

kreyszig,

eastop and mcConkey

bro, you really (read) jark, for you to use the book written by this authors.
haha...... Had/have library...... Read to stupor.... Only dat the school never rewarded me.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 22, 2016
Just finished with 100lvl.

Tasted.
Applied thermo-D (cool course)
Calculus. cry

Lemme add..
Applied electricity
Cirtcuit theory
Semiconductors.

iRep EEE
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Retarokeroro(m): 12:59pm On May 22, 2016
Engrpj:
You no God Created Men, but few of them became Engrs..... Proud to be one... After offering 98 courses cool

Reps Unimaid......

UNIMAID for real, M B umaru and Fasiu......Lmao you go fear Mech. Eng.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by tibaonnet: 1:07pm On May 22, 2016
This remind me of these courses: STATISTICS IN ENGINEERING. There is this topic that scared us that time & we rename that course by the name of that topic ''POISON'' but I like the course when it comes to construction of ANOVA TABLE, REGRESSION & CORRELATION. God saved me, I managed to scale through. Also this course, NUMERICAL METHODS. I hate this topic under it RINGE KUTTA METHOD, especially when you're taking about 4th, 5th......orders. But I like SIMPSON'S RULE, GAUSS-SEIDEL ITERATION, NEWTON GREGORY FORMULA....
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by oc2fish: 1:10pm On May 22, 2016
1940 theories in 2016.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by ukandi1(m): 1:10pm On May 22, 2016
a) Engine Drawing
b) Instrumentation, Measurement and Control
c) Fluid Mechanics
d) Introduction to Engineering Materials
e) Introduction to Electrical and Electronics Engineering
f) Workshop Practice
g) Machine Design
i) Entrepreneurship
j) Technical report writing
k) Plant Design
l) Ordinary Differential Equation (ODi Egwu)
m) Engineering Thermodynamic (Thermo Demonic)
n) Engineering Analysis
o) Industrial Studies
p) Engineering Law and Management
q) Strength of Material

.....rep FUTO cool

Esut did all. Ordinary differential equation is not a course, its just one of d topics in engineering analysis.
ESUT ALL D WAY
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Emergencyluck: 1:14pm On May 22, 2016
Engine Drawing, industrial Electronics, Thermo, workshop practice, applied electricity, Circuit theory, ODE 1 n 11, Quantum mechanics n others.
I rep Industrial Physics. FUAM
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Udochee(m): 1:19pm On May 22, 2016
engineering analysis... what relevance has that course added to my life? NOTHING. tis well sha. really enjoyed reading textbooks from those Indian authors.
what more can i say Love an Engineer, Love the World
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by sergiolefty(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2016
mytym:

Masters??

I mean Dr. Adedapo Ojo, heard is an associate professor now.

Electrode is Dr Akanbi
electrode loh dey around also....nd d only prof I knw of is prof aborishade......

1 Like

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by ezemme(m): 1:42pm On May 22, 2016
The need for knowledge of STRENGTH OF MATERIAL can not over emphasis, with the Knowledge of shear stress and bending moment. Engineers can select the appropriate material for any design....
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by anochuko01(m): 1:44pm On May 22, 2016
I did all...but 1 and 2 Na die! Engr. Osore almost killed us
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by soloiky: 1:46pm On May 22, 2016
Yes those courses were part of our course and compulsory couses we passed thru in our first. Degree.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by segneyukk(m): 1:51pm On May 22, 2016
Yeah... I remembered.. "laplace" in advance calculus.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by martineverest(m): 1:58pm On May 22, 2016
uzo4real:
Advanced Calculus really cracked me up. Glad its all in the past though.
adv. Calculus is quite easy
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Aarenasbaba(m): 2:09pm On May 22, 2016
Although am a building student bt structures no b small thing ooooo
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Akinlekan(m): 2:21pm On May 22, 2016
imagine funaab engineering students escaped Advanced calculus which is Mathematical Method.. angryimagine funaab engineering students escaped Advanced calculus which is Mathematical Method..
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by fweshlee(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2016
Lots of Engineers in d house...most of d listed courses belongs to departmnt of mech engr whch I rep.....Advance viberation almst killed me tho
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 22, 2016
Laplace tranforms turned out to be easier than I was told. As well as every other course on the Op's list. All of which I'm taking.

Nigerian students have this annoying habit of telling their juniors how hard and difficult and tedious courses were, even to the point of exaggerating. I don't know why. And I probably never will.

anochuko01:
I did all...but 1 and 2 Na die! Engr. Osore almost killed us
case in point. grin
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 22, 2016
a) Engine Drawing
b) Instrumentation, Measurement and Control
c) Fluid Mechanics
d) Introduction to Engineering Materials
e) Introduction to Electrical and Electronics Engineering
f) Workshop Practice
g) Machine Design
i) Entrepreneurship
j) Technical report writing
k) Plant Design
l) Ordinary Differential Equation (ODi Egwu)
m) Engineering Thermodynamic (Thermo Demonic)
n) Engineering Analysis
o) Industrial Studies
p) Engineering Law and Management
q) Strength of Material

.....rep FUTO cool

Interesting courses in Engineering esppecially Elect Elect, wit Matlab nd autocad, u r gud to go.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by darkhorizon: 2:38pm On May 22, 2016
Wow,its unbelievable my comment in a thread of over a year this morning pushed it to FP.
The saying goes that someone can help you get to the promise land,he just has to be at the right place at the right time.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by faksy(m): 2:50pm On May 22, 2016
the best kind of engineering is chemical engineering as far as those courses are concern because chemical engineers play with those course from year 1to5 even on the field.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by darkhorizon: 2:52pm On May 22, 2016
tibaonnet:
This remind me of these courses: STATISTICS IN ENGINEERING. There is this topic that scared us that time & we rename that course by the name of that topic ''POISON'' but I like the course when it comes to construction of ANOVA TABLE, REGRESSION & CORRELATION. God saved me, I managed to scale through. Also this course, NUMERICAL METHODS. I hate this topic under it RINGE KUTTA METHOD, especially when you're taking about 4th, 5th......orders. But I like SIMPSON'S RULE, GAUSS-SEIDEL ITERATION, NEWTON GREGORY FORMULA....
Are you kidding me,those courses you mentioned above are big bonuses,and are easy. Like I said earlier you just need to grasp the basics.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by darkhorizon: 2:55pm On May 22, 2016
Emergencyluck:
Engine Drawing, industrial Electronics, Thermo, workshop practice, applied electricity, Circuit theory, ODE 1 n 11, Quantum mechanics n others.
I rep Industrial Physics. FUAM

Haha...Quantum Electronics,Solid State Physics and Properties of Materials,Digital Electronics,Vacuum techniques,EM waves and theory,reflectors,Acoustics,Microwave theory and application,Communications,Semiconductor Physics and Solar techology ...and so on.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by obongtunji: 3:02pm On May 22, 2016
I love Thermodynamic like Kilode.
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by darkhorizon: 3:07pm On May 22, 2016
obongtunji:
I love Thermodynamic like Kilode.

Its one of the easiest,students just shy away from it.

1 Like

Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Olaiman(m): 3:08pm On May 22, 2016
Team CHE 241.. Fluid mechanics.. #betaByFAR
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by anochuko01(m): 3:21pm On May 22, 2016
Teempakguy:
Laplace tranforms turned out to be easier than I was told. As well as every other course on the Op's list. All of which I'm taking.

Nigerian students have this annoying habit of telling their juniors how hard and difficult and tedious courses were, even to the point of exaggerating. I don't know why. And I probably never will.

case in point. grin

thank your God you're been taught by someone who knows it. I did Mech engrn....when it was time to do INSTRUMENTATIONS AND CONTROL, under which we did LA'place, the man just comes to class, talks some rubbish then leave. the man no sabi anything.... I managed to get E at the end o! I never had time to go settle down non Laplace alone when I had 10 other courses I was doing. now I regret not knowing it, coz I need it so much now.

Our lecturers are the problems we have. MAKE IT INTERESTING, THEN WE'LL LOVE IT
Re: Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner by Tellemall: 3:35pm On May 22, 2016
dejavski:

Runge kutta is a topic in Numerical methods in 400l advanced engineering mathematics(GEG 401) it's quite tedious and very tricky.
Goons from unilag will attest to this

Yes , but it's one of the easier aspects in numerics. I enjoyed the brain play and flow with it.

Maybe the person who taught you made it seem tedious. And please, don't call them goons again. grin
Unilag goons grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? / 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions / How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.