Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers (26948 Views)

Gana's Kidnap Gang Led By A Woman Busted In Benue. Photos / Bride Trying To Abort Pregnancy In Uganda Busted / Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by 100Cents: 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2015
APC again ?
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by jaz(m): 3:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
i bought #2500 fuel at total filling station one evening along ikorodu road after palm grove, i could barely see the numbers on the meter as it did not light it up. when i started my car, the meter had hardly moved up. i was like what the hell. but then how do i prove any wrong doing
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Untainted007: 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
Similar event happened to me at NNPC station at 2nd Rainbow bus stop along Oshodi Apapa exp road. After buying snacks at the tank and tummy fast food at the station. I told the attendant to sell PMS worth 1500 naira. After he did, I started the car and the digital fuel gauge showed fuel worth 700 naira or there about. Immediately, went out of the car and asked of the manager, but the station supervisor attended to me and shunned the guy from talking, he accused him to av cheated on me. He quickly told him to complete my fuel if he still want his job. It was like a dream, the attendant asked me to reverse my car. Lo and behold, he completed my fuel with little jara and begged me dat he will explain wot happened wen next I come around. But as for me, come again ko, come next time ni.

1 Like

Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by omoalaafin: 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
That particular Mobil Station is notorious for cheating clients
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
kingboy:
I have to say that this act is synonymous with Mobil filling stations especially the one at Gbagada.
I'm not saying others are not culprit but these are my experience with Mobil. I've sworn bit to ever purchase PMS from that filling station.
Noticed it too at Mobil opp U.I. @Ibadan. The driver ahead of us had bought N2,000 worth of fuel, and when my bus driver told the attendant to sell him N4,000 fuel, instead of returning the meter to zero, the attendant continued directly from where he stopped for the previous buyer and ended up giving us only N2,000 worth of fuel. Of course the driver didn't notice and it didn't really register in my mind until the driver started complaining later about "how fast" the fuel was going down!
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by radesunbo(m): 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2015
it happened to me at the mobil on the express
the guy said he sold 1000 naira ,i said ok no problem
i then told him to sell full tank which was about 6000 or so
i then asked him how much ,he just ignored the first sale by himself
cos i had it in mind that he would explain to his manager how my car would take so much fuel about 7000k fuel

shine your eyes my people
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by sesal: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
My Experience. This happened at NNPC mega station on sapele road in benin city. I asked the female attendant to sell N5000 worth of fuel into my car. At exactly 1500 mark, another attendant, a male this time just made a remark " oga it looks like your front tire has gone down a little". i was surprised with the comment because i just left the vulganizer service shop before the filling station. I reluctantly move forward to check the tire,saw that it was ok and came back to the meter all in the space of about 10secs-15secs. On getting to the meter, i saw it 5000 blinking on it. i was again surprised, knew something didn't add up but i paid and drove away. one thing for sure was that i knew where my fuel gauge was suppose to be for a 5000 fuel. After driving for about 5 minutes and my gauge dint rise, i turned back and return to the filling station. i called the guy that distracted me and stated shouting in the presence of other motorist who queued for fuel. 3 other male attendants came to join us and asked me to lower my voice and not to report to their manager. they promised to fill my tank with the balance which i told them was 3000. after the 3000 fuel, checked my gauge and was satisfied, i left the place. Even the licensed filling stations and the government owned NNPC are part of the scam.

1 Like

Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Christine01(f): 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
Imanuelle:
This is exactly why I have refused to buy a car.

I'll wait until I know a fuel station with honest attendants.

grin grin cheesy
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Armanee: 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
News to me... thanks OP. wink
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
That is their Normal practise, they have done that to me severally and infact i am getting tired, i will fight them when next this is done to me again
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
Christine01:

grin grin cheesy

Shhhh... wink
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
OpraMenu:

GUY NO DE DECEIVE YOURSELF , YOU NEVA GET MONEY. Simple !

On code. grin
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
joshdgr8:
lollzz you are kidding better wake up

Seriously ?
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by tayo60(f): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
At Total filling station today, I was scammed. Av vowed never to buy fuel there again.
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Shiifi(m): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
Said buhari
#Change x coming
#sai buhari
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by jaz(m): 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
i think i should just avoid mobile entirely looking at the number of complaints
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by jaz(m): 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
Untainted007:
Similar event happened to me at NNPC station at 2nd Rainbow bus stop along Oshodi Apapa exp road. After buying snacks at the tank and tummy fast food at the station. I told the attendant to sell PMS worth 1500 naira. After he did, I started the car and the digital fuel gauge showed fuel worth 700 naira or there about. Immediately, went out of the car and asked of the manager, but the station supervisor attended to me and shunned the guy from talking, he accused him to av cheated on me. He quickly told him to complete my fuel if he still want his job. It was like a dream, the attendant asked me to reverse my car. Lo and behold, he completed my fuel with little jara and begged me dat he will explain wot happened wen next I come around. But as for me, come again ko, come next time ni.

but for us who simply top up on ur fuel level, how do we know when we've been scammed?
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Dammyjohn(m): 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
Nikapetrelli:
No be today d cheating start nw
E don tey!
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Dammyjohn(m): 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2015
Those attendants of cheating.They will all be jailed one day.
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Zaikon(m): 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
onadana:
Total filling station here in Kaduna..are very good at ripping customers off.Some motorist avoid them like a plague.Little wonder you see less cars there yet people are willing to queue in another filling station just across the road.

Other fillings stations too are also guilty. Motorist shine your eyes.
u on point bro. In dia case just two things involve, they may welcome u wit HWMUCH U WAN BUY OR THEY SELL LIKE #25:00Kb nd stop dia machine telling u Nepa seaz da light den deh wil read for buyer as 2500 or #250 but #NEVERAGAIN

1 Like

Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by obongtunji: 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
Dispensers don't dispense air please put that at the back of your mind. What they dispense is either 10:00 if you are lucky they dispense 100:00 and they will tell you it's 1000:00. They have tried it with me several times but I'm always ahead of their game. One happened recently, I aksed the attendant to dispense 4,000 but after dispensing 100 he returned the nozzle and waited for some seconds claim they changed power from generator to PHCN, knowing fully well what he is after I didn't say a word to him. He then put back the nozzle and dispensed 3,000 and stopped, I asked why he stopped he told me he dispensed 1000 before they switched over, I told he he didn't dispense anything for that I'm only paying 3000, when he noticed I'm ahead of his trick he begged me not to be angry and a pay him his 3100 and left the place.
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Aspireahead(m): 4:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
bisdansun:

So on point. Have you worked as a petroleum attendant? Or just experience?
I'm just asking, no insult intended.
i never knew working as a pump attendant is bad until i read ur post.
Forgive my ignorance, but wat is bad about it?
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by zemaye: 4:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
men naija naa wa! i was buying fuel at mobil filling station worst part the attendant na woman as i opened the fuelling port for her before i even mention the amount she say she don put #500 shocked
i change face instantly wind down tell her the amount i want when she finish i wind up
by then her partner in crime another attendant don com 'madam no vex she don already put #500'
i just reverse the man say madam no vex,
i say i no vex na mumu una call me ba!
true the average naija fellow wan cheat you at the slightest opportunity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by armadeo(m): 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
bigv:
That's just one out of their tricks. Always patronise licensed gas stations.

Even the licensed ones play pranks. I have stopped sitting in The car to fill my tank. I don't say anything till I open my tank myself then I tell the attendant how much I want. Even with that some stations have already manipulated their pumps.

Welcome to my country nigeria .
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Untainted007: 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
jaz:

but for us who simply top up on ur fuel level, how do we know when we've been scammed?
If your fuel gauge is working, then try to know how many bars on ur fuel gauge equals to so so amount, this goes with frequent follow up on ur gauge whenever you top, upso even when u are been cheated you will quickly detect. And if your gauge is not working then OYO is ur case.
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by larrybaj(m): 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
e be like say dis lilprinze get d tin wey him dey collect from gej....remeba say e no fit turn u to one of his fmly memba neither does he giv u any contract....lolzzz grin

1 Like

Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by adebayoggt(m): 5:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
a friend fell for it @Mobil by otedola bridge.he only observed d fuel meter isn't right and wen next he went there he caught them.and he decides never to patronize them again.
**note**:wen d attendant is over-friendly a scam is on d way.
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
Aspireahead:

i never knew working as a pump attendant is bad until i read ur post.
Forgive my ignorance, but wat is bad about it?

Oga can't you take a joke?
Nawa ooooo

Sorry oooo if the tin pain you.

NB:
Working as a pump attendant is not bad.
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by kamkechi(f): 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
petrov10:
The average nigerian is a thief
that is so disrespectful! Pls speak only for yourself undecided
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by uss25dec: 6:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
you r right dude. i went thru similar situation in Wuse Zone 6, Abuja, about 5months ago. the fuel attendant put the nozzle into my car tank n after few minutes, it stopped n she showed me N1,000 naira on the pump. i asked her wat happened n she told me dat thier Gen fluctuates. she later gave me d remaining N3,000 balance dat i asked for. wen i left, i chacked my guage, i discovered dat what she gave me was not wat i asked 4. i knw my guage very well n any quantity of fuel i buy, i knw where d guage indicator/metre will b. i immediately went back to d filling station n met d assistant manager n explained wat happend. he personally apologised to me n gave me d remaining N1,000 fule dat i was short changed. since den, d manager, d assistant manager n i became frnds. any time dias fuel scarcity, i rush dia n get full tank within 5min if its available. shine ur eyes at every filing filing station pls. advice 4d wise.
Re: BUSTED: How Fuel Stations Cheat Customers by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 06, 2015
Exactly! The mobil in maryland did the exact same thing to me two months ago when i went to get fuel for my mum. I got into the barracks and told her i suspected some cheating & she confirmed it. Meanwhile she was in her uniform, ready for work. She's an army officer.
She angryly went with me to the filling station. After raking & shouting & causing havoc, they begged her profusely & sold extra 1500 fuel to us.
They dey mad for head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Bags 3 Years In Jail For Beating His Nigerian Friend Over A $500 Debt / South African Brothel Where Nigerians Were Arrested, To Be Demolished. Photos / Kano Kidnapped Children: Photos And List Of 47 More Abducted Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.