Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,222 members, 7,849,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't (30454 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / 10 Ways To Know A Girl Has Lost Her Virginity / Five Ways To Tell If A Girl Has Grown To Being A Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
You are the jobless one because u took your time to read other people's comment.! Adult Fool!!!
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Sorry to say, but me think that "you are foolish" You must have done something to lead her on. it either u slept with her once or u showed signs of interest in her before she noticed you. Guys will never change!!!
I think English is not hard 4 u to read and understand, pls read d post again

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
AreaFada2:

That doesn't really work. From my experience. She's sure that he's free. Such a friendship never ends well. Never an amicable ending.

It takes a lot for a girl to give unsolicited green light. Girls take rejection very badly. We guys are used to girls playing hard to get and all.
If you move to a place you both won't see often, better.

In my case, I changed jobs about a month after I sat her down to politely say we both CAN NEVER be lovers. But even that one month was like hell, she won't greet me or answer me. That's how bad it can get with girls.

@Lizabeth25,

usually you don't have to have led her on. It is usually that you're just a carefree and genuinely, respectful person. The type she wants but never gets attention from. Being close to you now, she wants to grab your attention by all means. If that fails, she tells herself "I'm not gonna let this one get away from right under my nose". She becomes bold and starts making it obvious. Usually, others in your environment notice it before you.

Surprisingly, you will be the only guy or one of the few who never asked her out. Funny world.
Yea dude...I didn't ask her out
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by 2scorehigh(m): 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
evegran:
Op you're clearly not ready to break up with her.
It is such a weird relationship, I can never get myself entagled in such. I'm too concerned about details and making sure everyone knows their part.

If you wanna break up with her, you're gonna have to tell her you're not interested in being her boyfriend or lover- you simply wanna be friends and if she cant be that, then you're sorry-you guys cant be anything. For crying out loud you're a man. Funny I have this weird feeling that you're a loner and she's the only one who has your time-so you still want her around and wanna be friends not an intimate thing.

Or simply, have another girl over and introduce the other girl to her as your girlfriend, kiss, touch and show love to the other girl in her presence. She'll totally get the message. But smh some girls are desperate tho! Scary!

Hmmm... easier said than done! You think she'll get the message, huh? You think that will solve the problem?

Hmmm... the way I see it, by doing it the way you suggested, you are just inviting more trouble for the guy and the new girl in question because these types of girls who are so lovestruck are the types that will tell a guy that she will drink poison unless he accepts them and they can go to any extent to carry out her threats.
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
i have come cross this saying before and it makes no sense to me,how can someone have a cap and did not have a head,in place it goes this way ..there are two matchets in mazi elekere's house,the sharp one does not have a handle and the one that got a handle is not sharp
Akkord4gov:
Hmmm
While in other threads,some men are really searching for love.This is what yoruba will call,person wey get head no get cap,person wey get cap no get head...lol
My advice,I really eulogize u that u haven't taken the advantage of her feelings for u to have sex with her,this will make any breakup easier.Talk to her in a very matured and manner way,let her know that she is d best of all women but u find it difficult to develop feelings for her.Let her know that if u both continue like this,she will be at the receiving end.Kiss her and firmly call it quit
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
coolbis:

See bros, am a married woman and i hav experience. Use dis ur transfer wisely, explain things to her, she might get hurt now, but with time she will understand and even respect u 4 not taking advantage of her instead. The earlier u let her go the better
So what's ur stand now?
Should i tell her my mind or I should use d distance to stop picking her calls?
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by Charbless(m): 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
Shag her and thank me later. U'll luv her like haven
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
Dear Op

Break up with that girl asap, even if its tonight. If she's stupid, she'll do something to herself, let her cry her eyes out now while its still early. Let her have a headache, let her hate men, let her hate you.

One day, she'll understand where you were coming from, it hurts to be with someone who just likes you than loving you. From a girl's point of view, dumping her would do her some good, don't even be her friend again coz that will give her hope that you two can still fix things, let her feel the pain. She'll understand one day.

Talking from experience.
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by gfullmoon(m): 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
There's something this guy is not telling us here,and that's the naked truth. He has taken advantage of her emotion,for if he had not he couldn't have bordered for our advice here than tell the girl he's not interested. Tell it to the birds!
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by dy90210: 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
Whether u break up with her now or later,the result is till d same,so I advice u tell her ur true feelings now...and stand firm,she might cry and all that ,but with time she will get over it.
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by Akkord4gov: 10:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
movingforward:
i have come cross this saying before and it makes no sense to me,how can someone have a cap and did not have a head,in place it goes this way ..there are two matchets in mazi elekere's house,the sharp one does not have a handle and the one that got a handle is not sharp
U need to understand proverb my dear.Not having head doesn't mean his head is cut off,ther is more to its meaning dan just literary meanin u are given to it
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by coolbis: 11:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
figo77:

So what's ur stand now?
Should i tell her my mind or I should use d distance to stop picking her calls?

Withdraw urself from most of d things u do, like calls and not showing much care like u used to, wen she starts reading d handwritting on d wall and complains, den u explain to her, if she still refuses to understand, dont let it bother u, and dis time arround no matter wat she doz dont go back on ur decision, let her know u mean wat u said and d decision is final. If she hurts, she will definitely get over it.

I know she has sensed dat u have pity 4 her and will do all sorts of things to make u change ur mind, just maintain ur stand.
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by gentlechyke(m): 11:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
evegran:
Op you're clearly not ready to break up with her.
It is such a weird relationship, I can never get myself entagled in such. I'm too concerned about details and making sure everyone knows their part.

If you wanna break up with her, you're gonna have to tell her you're not interested in being her boyfriend or lover- you simply wanna be friends and if she cant be that, then you're sorry-you guys cant be anything. For crying out loud you're a man. Funny I have this weird feeling that you're a loner and she's the only one who has your time-so you still want her around and wanna be friends not an intimate thing.

Or simply, have another girl over and introduce the other girl to her as your girlfriend, kiss, touch and show love to the other girl in her presence. She'll totally get the message. But smh some girls are [b]desperate tho[/b]Scary!
They are everywia dear.especially with handsome huzzler dudes like we.still have one stalking me seriously.
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by ddeola: 3:40am On Feb 21, 2015
Run for your life !!! grin grin grin
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 21, 2015
Hmmmm....see professionals giving advices!

figo77:

Yea dude...I didn't ask her out
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by Eljay24(m): 6:48am On Feb 21, 2015
figo77:
Hello guys, I'm passing through this right now and don't know what to do. I have a girl that is forcing herself on me but I have no feelings for her.
Right from d time that we saw each other, i never developed any feelings for her. It's not that she is ugly and flat, she is OK, but yet I don't like her more than friendship stuff

She is my hall at school, staying with her Friend, she came to my hall last year ending and since then she has been turning green lights, u should know what I mean.

I find it hard to cope with her maybe because I'm seeing her everyday and it's like we're living couple's life which I hate. I thought of breaking up with her but my friends are like it's wrong to break up with a girl in this kind of situation. Dz girl loves me so much but I don't. D day I told her I wasn't interested, all my hall mate knew something was wrong, she cried so much that I have to go and tell her I was just testing her faith whereas I was so fed up of d relationship.

I will soon be transfered from dz town to another.. It's how d system is...I will go to another campus to continue my course. Someone is like when d distance is there, that I should not call her often maybe once in a week dat it's better dan breaking up with her to avoid hatred. Why another friend said it's when I go I will start developing feelings for her but I think that's not possible but he said that's what will happen.
I think of changing my number and every details of me that she knows

I've not have sex with her buh she is ready to give herself if I ask her but I made sure I didn't have sex with her cos I have no feelings for her.

She thinks I love her but I'm just playing along not to cause any damage

D question I want to ask u guys is what can I do?
How can I break up with her without causing hatred??

I strongly believe she really likes you but all the same, you still need your space to help you concentrate on some other parts of your life. You got to give her a little break to think of what she really wants and if she's really into you, maybe some days explain to her that you aint breaking up with her, just some days, tell her it will make the relationship stronger.
With that you can get some breathing space to think ass well as have time for yourself, and she too would do some thinking.

Please do not take advantage because she loves you and sleep with her, even though she's giving willingly, you'd get more respect from her that way later in the years when she's wiser.

And when the two of u are together for now. .. I don't know what u guys discuss but let it be more of you trying give her advice or inspire (who knows She might probably stop seeing you as a lover but a brother) grin

One last thing I think is that she's probably naïve and new to relationships, that she can't control her emotions, to me someone has to be able to control themselves even when they are on the verge of been heart broken, that's maturity, and you need someone who's matured for a relationship tho*
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by dammizz(m): 6:56am On Feb 21, 2015
There are no specific rules in dealing with this kind of issue. Just want to share my thoughts:
1. I deduce from the post that Op is a gentleman maybe Godfearing too, which is what keeps the girl interested. She continued to beam green lights while ignoring ur own momentary red alerts not necessarily because she's cheap, in fact she may have some toasters. She's locked down by something, may be ur gentlemaness
2. What's her family background like? Some, due to their dysfunctional background attach themselves to a man that is perceived to be different from the man in their bad experience.
3. If u care so much about not hurting her, could it be that u like her? She may have few attributes u don't want in ur future wife; maybe she talks too much or her desperation makes u think she's after ur destiny, just examples. Trust me there are no perfect ladies out there, if her good qualities outweighs the bad ones, then consider her.
4. Never date her out of pity. Its a major law. If after all, ur feelings for her do not grow, I believe the solution is around the corner; yeah, the distance. She'll do everything to keep ur heart, like calling frequently, visiting on weekends, etc but u don't necessarily need to return the favour. She'll tell u about her toasters and how he turned them down. Don't date her because u don't want her to hurt herself, most times they don't.

Finally, if u can find a space for her in ur heart, u may settle with her because she's into u perhaps for good reasons. If not, Maintain ur distance. Give her chance to meet someone else but don't be jealous if he meets someone cool & u no longer gets her attention like before cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 21, 2015
gentlechyke:

They are everywia dear.especially with handsome huzzler dudes like we.still have one stalking me seriously.

Hmm are you that handsome?
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by markbutcher: 10:29am On Feb 21, 2015
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by gentlechyke(m): 8:04am On Feb 22, 2015
evegran:

Hmm are you that handsome?
I think.That's what my Pastor tells me.
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by ArcToyin(m): 5:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
Op, i think you show stand on your opinion. Your friends have their own lives to live too. If ou dont like a food you shouldnt be forced to eat it cos its natural.. You only know her physically but not metaphysical.
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by peteruuu(m): 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't by Osasmd: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
Akkord4gov:
Hmmm
While in other threads,some men are really searching for love.This is what yoruba will call,person wey get head no get cap,person wey get cap no get head...lol
My advice,I really eulogize u that u haven't taken the advantage of her feelings for u to have sex with her,this will make any breakup easier.Talk to her in a very matured and manner way,let her know that she is d best of all women but u find it difficult to develop feelings for her.Let her know that if u both continue like this,she will be at the receiving end.Kiss her and firmly call it quit
Good peice of advice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Guys Cannot French Kiss! / She's Pregnant For Me Even When I Told Her Am Not Ready / 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.