Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? (11130 Views)

Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by sima(f): 2:50am On Oct 04, 2008
i reli dislike long distance relationship. .
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by A40(m): 3:39am On Oct 04, 2008
Long distance relationships suck i am talking from experience angry
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by k1banty(m): 9:51pm On Oct 04, 2008
A-40:

Long distance relationships suck i am talking from experience angry

i agree with you

there are some truth you will never find out behind you, so you absence might be taken for granted.

phone calls (video calls inclusive), text messages, a visit once a while won't make it work.

Some are lucky, it works for them while for others it may not work.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by dumodust(m): 12:04am On Oct 05, 2008
That out of sight, out of mind thing finally works to the relief of everybody.for short term separation, it may work.but for long term, Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold, Do i need to finish this quote
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by freezze(m): 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2008
cool It depends on both of you. But I would like to believe that it myte be more crious when you are married with kids. But Gfee to Bfee,. Nope I cant say how it would look like. As For Outta syte could eventually lead to outta mynd. Any way I keep one Old aunt as a Gfee at Warri while am Based In Lag. So Brothers and siters It might work for you and not work for me. Good luck. CIAO
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 05, 2008
@All
It does work,but it depends on the both of you

And constant calling can be the right solution in such a relationship.

But really if the girl is not trustworthy dont think about it.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by tRoOE(f): 6:41am On Oct 06, 2008
[size=13pt]hmmmmm long distant relationship is not easy oh, if both couples are not mental,emotional andphysical strong, they will not last.
The key to survive is communication(phone,text,web e.t.c),trust and prayer, it not going to be an easy journey but with God all these are possible kiss kiss.
heheh but am glad the LDR is almost over 4 me kiss kiss, it all worth it at the end of the day
[/size]
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by soulamanne(m): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2008
honestly i was just thinkin of openin a topic on this cos thats what am goin thru now.it can work but it is hard!my gf and i talk trice everyday but howlong are we goin to do that.she is in lagos as well as me but she is the lock up inside house kind of girl.we ve been on for 2yrs now but i c her maybe 1ce in 2mths.she is sort of ok with the phonationship thou she sometimes seek to ee m.but me?am nt ooooooooo.all the touches smiles etc cant be replaced by the fone.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by damiso(f): 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2008
I can actually relate to this topic cos i was in a long distnce relationship and it did work.Though not easy(expensive as well u want to try how much phone calls, flight tickets to visit etc cost i dont even want to remember the money now)it works based on the level of commitment and also as someone said earlier God.I guess my husband really made me understand at some point that he really wanted to be with me no matter the physical barriers that actually existed.Gosh, we used to talk more than people who lived together.We knew what the other was doing at each particular point that people around us sometimes found it annoying(jealousy people).Like i remeber in the run up to our wedding he was talking to his bestman and i walked in.That one now thinking it was news said that he had found the their suits eventually after so much hassle and i said yea i already knew and he's like 'but he just left the shop.apparently we were on the phone througout the suit search with me giving ideas and alternatives.Even my mom used to ask if there was nothing we did not tell each other.We just knew that the best way to make it work was to communicate at all times.Fortunately i used to work in a telecomms firm in naija so i had relatively cheap calls.I am sure if he also quantified how much he spent on phone cards people would scream.but it was a sacrifice we both had to make as well as saving to travel to and fro.It was really difficult but i am glad its over now and i get to spend the rest of my life with man of my dreams.But make i no lie temptations would always arise and it did for me but i guess this where the level of commitment comes into play nad how much your feelings for that person is true.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by onyxgirl(f): 11:18am On Oct 08, 2008
it works only if theres trust
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2008
yeah as long as communication does not end
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by kaysy(m): 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2008
Yeah
   You can maitain a long distanced relatnshp and it will surely work out for real, i know what am telling you and i can't deny the reality in this fact cos am speaking from Xperince.
   All you need is to pray to be lucky with the partner you'r about to meet i.e if you should me him/her, they should range between your expectations. and now that we have internet all around us, u both shuld exchange pics to know ur fate. but if you already know yourselves, the relatnshp can go on so long as the guy is caring from a far the girl will have no choice. i know women very well,  it's what u give and how u gives it determines what and how you get it in return ok? so it works
  the girl am dating today, i met her through muzik africa and i love her so much till date,
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Andyjoy(f): 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2008
Well, right now, i'm in a long distant relationship that has lasted for three years now and its still working. But men the thing no easy at all. Once in a while he visits and vice versa. I think its based on trust, commitment and love. A lot of us dont know what true love really entails, it has to do wt a lot of sacrifice and u hv to 'suffer' for whom u love ( I used that word for some reason), it's not just a bed of roses. Love endureth ALL things. Anyway, We are still praying that we will eat the fruits of our labour. Cheers
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2008
I am in one now and its really difficult. We have been at it for about 4 months.

The worst part is when you start having doubts about your partners loyalty.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by maxcolino(m): 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2008
hey u guys are sounding negative why?for once u guys should stop been selfish if u guys can't i can just send the mule and test the field am very available no matter where ever u are gurl
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Emperoh(m): 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2008
I bet it all depends on who is invloved
If you are an impatient person, don't venture into it
If you find it hard to trust people, don't try it
If you are not resilient, don't go near it.

As for me, out of site is out of mind. I need her close by especially in difficult times
My heart will most certyainly tilt towards that person that gives me more attention.
Sooo it a 50 50 game. If you are emotionally strong and physically capable to withstand the situation, you can do it.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by M10: 1:49am On Oct 10, 2008
Guys,t rili does happen, work and survive,it simply depends on d couples.for over 2years my gal has been away(yankee),we talk,chat,play like she s just next house and by morning we'll see eachoda again.
Yeah,gals come and go but as soon as they i tell 'em d truth and they fly,some melt like wax b4 flame.
D truth is IT S NOT EASY.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by tRoOE(f): 2:35am On Oct 10, 2008
damiso:

I can actually relate to this topic because i was in a long distnce relationship and it did work.Though not easy(expensive as well u want to try how much phone calls, flight tickets to visit etc cost i don't even want to remember the money now)it works based on the level of commitment and also as someone said earlier God.I guess my husband really made me understand at some point that he really wanted to be with me no matter the physical barriers that actually existed.Gosh, we used to talk more than people who lived together.We knew what the other was doing at each particular point that people around us sometimes found it annoying(jealousy people).Like i remeber in the run up to our wedding he was talking to his bestman and i walked in.That one now thinking it was news said that he had found the their suits eventually after so much hassle and i said yea i already knew and he's like 'but he just left the shop.apparently we were on the phone througout the suit search with me giving ideas and alternatives.Even my mom used to ask if there was nothing we did not tell each other.We just knew that the best way to make it work was to communicate at all times.Fortunately i used to work in a telecomms firm in naija so i had relatively cheap calls.I am sure if he also quantified how much he spent on phone cards people would scream.but it was a sacrifice we both had to make as well as saving to travel to and fro.It was really difficult but i am glad its over now and i get to spend the rest of my life with man of my dreams.But make i no lie temptations would always arise and it did for me but i guess this where the level of commitment comes into play nad how much your feelings for that person is true.
[size=13pt]This sounds like my relationship, but thank God the dday is getting close, gosh i can't wait kiss kiss
still now people couldn't believe we made it through, 2nite ago one his friends was like asking hime if we've set our wedding, ahah u need to see how excited I was when my guy told them
[/size]
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by damiso(f): 8:59am On Oct 10, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt]This sounds like my relationship, but thank God the dday is getting close, gosh i can't wait kiss kiss
still now people couldn't believe we made it through, 2nite ago one his friends was like asking hime if we've set our wedding, ahah u need to see how excited I was when my guy told them
[/size]

congrats gal and i really can relate with how excited you are cos i definitely was.The fact that i knew it would be over soon really kept me going.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by ayodabo: 8:47am On Oct 11, 2008
long distance relationship is quite challenging but if u can earn that trust, it will definitly work. am into one and its three yrs old. these era of free midnight talk and cheap sms, there shouldn't be much problem. the only missing link is the physical contact but its to make u guys strong.

Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by ekong0514(m): 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2008
Spend aLL U got on phone calls!
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Ezinwannem: 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2008
itz hard but its working 4 me, damn, cant wait 2 set ma guys on ma sweetie in a month and half tongue
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2008
Every r/ship is hard to maintain, this one just needs a lil more work.
Not every mode is for everyone
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:28am On Nov 01, 2008
Communication and Trust. . . , . . . . cool
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 01, 2008
for long distance relationship it has 2 be based on trust dedication ad honesty, communication helps d boost
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Gabry(f): 8:04am On Nov 01, 2008
I once had a long distance relationship (for a year). Now it has been four years and we're still together.

1) Trust your partner in whatever he /she does and it must work both ways
2) Be truthful to one another
3) Send each other meaningful and loving and memorable sms or email or letter (Do remind him on how handsome he is and how you really appreciate him)
4) Always support each other and give each other alot of recognition and encouragement
5) Do not be so pushy. Alot of relationship do not work if you contstanly call and sms your guy like 10 or more times a day. . . . . . . . Ad if you go asking so many questions about his whereabouts, he will get very annoyed and might just leave you.
6) Try to make efforts to see each other whenever possible
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by ekong0514(m): 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2008
"for long distance relationship it has 2 be based on trust dedication ad honesty, communication helps d boost"

@ eudora, we for start one oh, Abi U no Think So? 08064733891
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by igwe11(m): 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2008
long distance relationship, yeah!!!!!! it worked for me. lol
Thank God for GSM grin grin grin
But it must has to be among trusted partners.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by abujabooks(f): 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2008
Majority do not work.

For it to work, honesty and trust is d key.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Infoseye(m): 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2008
@poster really its not easy am in one am based and work in ibadan while my babe is in Delta we hardly seen since her last visit 3months ago its best to not go into one if u not ready. As for me its like my relationship is about to hit the rocks.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by 190: 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2008
mennn i kant say if mine is workin or not so i nid ur views on this, as well, well i am into one which is 1yr 3months, shes based somewher and i am based elsewher, we c like 1ce in 2-3months and durin that time,i happen 2 see that she gets alot of toasters and guys arund everywher in her fone,some even claim 2 b her missin rib abi na shes his missin rib, so annoyin,i happen 2 b in a serious relationship rite in my home town so it dosnt really bug me bt i really love her as well,she claims they are only wastin their time and does her best 2 keep me away 4rm her fone but no matter how she tries i stil get to check whatsup wit her,she doesnt even delete the msgs, she is the daughter of a wealthy man in her state so i guess thats whats kippin me wit her, she lacks respects,maners everytin i enjoy nothin just the beauty, all d same we just still dey 1kin so what kinda relationship is dis
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by 190: 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2008
mennn i kant say if mine is workin  or not so i nid ur views on this, as well, well i am into one which is 1yr 3months, shes based somewher and i am based elsewher, we c like 1ce in 2-3months and durin that time,i happen 2 see that she gets alot of toasters and guys arund everywher in her fone,some even claim 2 b her missin rib abi na shes his missin rib, so annoyin,i happen 2 b in a serious relationship rite in my home town so it dosnt really bug me bt i really love her as well,she claims they are only wastin their time and does her best 2 keep me away 4rm her fone but no matter how she tries i stil get to check whatsup wit her,she doesnt even delete the msgs, she is the daughter of a wealthy man in her state so i guess thats whats kippin me wit her, she lacks respects,maners everytin i enjoy nothin just the beauty, all d same we just still dey 1kin so what kinda relationship is dis,she claims she love me most

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Question That Turned My Office Upside Down Today. / Kan U Date A Girl With Small Bossoms And A Small Booty / show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.