Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! (11780 Views)

Girls Ever Been Embarrassed Visiting A Guy? Share Your Experiences / Guys, Ever Been Embarrassed For Visiting A Lady? Share Your Experiences / Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by mito: 3:57am On Feb 28, 2010
Most Haitian people and people of haitian descent that I know are very attractive ex: Wyclef, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Maxwell, Garcelle Beauvais, Lloyd Banks, Usher,Trina McGee-Davis, Michaelle Jean etc. They are very nice, well-behaved, fun to be with, and their food are so sweet. However, I came across few Haitian-Naija couples.

Why? How do you feel about dating/marrying them?
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by mito: 5:30am On Feb 28, 2010
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by platinumnk(f): 6:04am On Feb 28, 2010
one of my very close friends is haitian, and i met this hot chocolate haitian boy in houston! loved his smooth accent!
the haitian culture is not much different from 9ja.
Most are decendents of Igbos.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 6:07am On Feb 28, 2010
^^Actually we caribbean folks are more congolese.

Big ups to my Haitian relatives, Caribbean men rule. (my opinion). I've dated a Haitian, very sweet guy but they have tempers! Btw I am west Indian and I know my ppl Lloyd Banks is one of us but he is Puerto Rican however Usher and Trina are American.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by mito: 6:13am On Feb 28, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

I know my ppl Lloyd Banks is one of us but he is Puerto Rican however Usher and Trina are American.[/b]

Lloyd Banks, Usher and Trina fathers are from Haiti.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 6:15am On Feb 28, 2010
One of my best friend is Half Haitian half yoruba, she said she's not going for either Nigerian or Haitian man grin
Men of same species, dnt blame her cry

Goes to show that Naija men would do any woman of any nation.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by platinumnk(f): 6:31am On Feb 28, 2010
@Msdarkskin- actually they were decendents of igbos from the slave trade.
my father told me that many haitians songs are exact olden igbos songs we sing.
and there are words spoken in haiti that come from igbo land.
and also Haiti was one of the first countries to recognize Biafra during the Civil war, as a link with their "kindred"
they also was supplying weapondry to Biafra troops as well.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 28, 2010
I am not saying they aren't part Nigerian as all of us Caribbean folk have some Nigerian roots however we are also of Congolese descent which is evident in our music and dance styles.

as for Lloyd banks, usher and trina. i doubt it but i will look it up.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by mito: 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2010
FL Gators:

shocked grin grin grin
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by 190: 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2010
platinumnk:

one of my very close friends is haitian, and i met this hot chocolate haitian boy in houston! loved his smooth accent!
the haitian culture is not much different from 9ja.
Most are decendents of Igbos.

more like yoruba's!
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2010
190:

more like yoruba's!

You are right, Cubans (especially) and their Haitian neighbors have more Yoruba than Igbo. Thats a known fact.

1 Like

Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2010
Oh dear Gawd. . . grin
I saw this coming. . . .

Actually, me and my Haitian RA have more taste in common, almost same food and dress sense, and humor sense kiss
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2010
Ok I searched Trina is one of us too you are somewhat right, her mom is black American and her father is Dominican (same Island as Haiti but on the opposite Spanish speaking side) so she is "kind of Haitian" (same roots) but Usher's mom AND dad (who was in the army) are black American. Im not trying to call you out I was just adding. I don't see why Haitians and Nigerians couldn't try it out. undecided Though alot of Caribbean folk are weary about "mixing" with Africans when they do it's a beautiful thing.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by skfa1: 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

I am not saying they aren't part Nigerian as all of us Caribbean folk have some Nigerian roots however we are also of Congolese descent which is evident in our music and dance styles.

as for Lloyd banks, usher and trina. i doubt it but i will look it up.

Now im happy, at least somebody from Jamaican knows where she is originally from. I do agree with the music and dance styles cause it is obvious but tell me about the hair please as in the long hair, how come many people have it? most Africans have short hair. I still have more questions pls if you dont mind me asking.  smiley  smiley
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by bluespice(f): 6:39pm On Feb 28, 2010
skfa1:

Now im happy, at least somebody from Jamaican knows where she is originally from. I do agree with the music and dance styles cause it is obvious but tell me about the hair please as in the long hair, how come many people have it? most Africans have short hair. I still have more questions pls if you dont mind me asking.  smiley  smiley

fallacy
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by skfa1: 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2010
bluespice:

fallacy

no
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by sjeezy8: 11:08pm On Feb 28, 2010
I have alot of cousins who are half hatian.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by sjeezy8: 11:37pm On Feb 28, 2010
skfa1:

no

haha lmfao african girls with their short brittle hair- what they call long is like shoulder length hahah.- I hope I dont marry one.

MzDarkSkin:

You are right, Cubans (especially) and their Haitian neighbors have more Yoruba than Igbo. Thats a known fact.

yessir
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by platinumnk(f): 12:49am On Mar 01, 2010
@ms darkskin- i was going to bombard this thread with links and quotes but sha. No point
the haitian goverment itself clamined themselves from igbos during the biafran war. the speech is online. im pretty busy now so i cant pull links but you can search on google.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by blandyne(f): 1:04am On Mar 01, 2010
mito:

Most Haitian people and people of Haitian descent that I know are very attractive ex: Wyclef, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Maxwell, Garcelle Beauvais, Lloyd Banks, Usher,Trina McGee-Davis, Michaelle Jean etc. They are very nice, well-behaved, fun to be with, and their food are so sweet. However, I came across few Haitian-Naija couples.

Why? How do you feel about dating/marrying them?

People always seems amazed once they found out about my ex-boyfriend and I (we broke up a month ago  cry cry cry) I'm HAITIAN , and of course he's Nigerian. Some of them we're speechless when meeting us, others thought we were "interesting". There's not a lot of couples like us, don't know why.

I'll never forget my mother's face when i told her i was dating a Nigerian man grin grin grin It was so funny, she freaked out telling me that African men are chauvinistic polygamous and arrogant; that he will marry as many woman as he wants and i'll live in a house with my husband's concubines. . . .Please note that she said "African men" not Nigerian because most Haitians don't care which country in Africa you are from, they just refer to you as "African". I had to explain to her that not all "African men" are polygamous. To cut a long story short, she ended up liking him. 

FL Gators:

One of my best friend is Half Haitian half yYoruba she said she's not going for either Nigerian or Haitian man grin

Goes to show that Naija men would do any woman of any nation.

Your friend is kinda right, there's not that much difference. Haitian men are big time liars, well some of them. They know how to soothe or seduce you with their words, so are Nigerian men in reference of what I've seen on NL. I know some of you will kill me for saying this, but Haitian men are far more romantics. This is based on my personal observation, not talking only about my ex, but also one of my good friend whose Ghanaian.

@ Plat and MzDarkSkin
It's true that Haitians are Igbos descents, however we come from Congo and Benin as well.  

FL Gators:

Oh dear Gawd. . .  grin
I saw this coming. .  . .

Actually, me and my Haitian RA have more taste in common, [b]almost same food [/b]and dress sense, and humor sense  kiss

Yes the food is similar. I don't remember the native name for this dish, but he used to cook me some beans, they are so tasty. In Haiti we have this same dish but we don't put that much meat in it. Nigerians like to combine all kind of meat and fish, we do not.  Jollof rice is what haitians call "du riz rouge", it means red rice,  Oh I luuuuuuuuv Nigerian stews, no wonder i gained weight ( he always cooked for me, which was a plus 'cause Haitian men don't cook  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed). . . .Eba we call it "tomtom" but it's only eaten in one part of Haiti which is the southwestern part of the country; and they eat it there just like you guys, just dip it in okra stew and swallow it. lol
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 01, 2010
This is abt the men, somehow it always gotta turn tribal, interracial, etc. Awan Alainisese lol

@Blandy
^^^ I agree with you dear, both Naija men an Haitian men, well. . . . no comment
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 01, 2010
Now im happy, at least somebody from Jamaican knows where she is originally from. I do agree with the music and dance styles cause it is obvious but tell me about the hair please as in the long hair, how come many people have it? most Africans have short hair. I still have more questions pls if you dont mind me asking.    

skfa1 Definitely. In Jamaica we are a mix of different African ethnic groups AND we are racially mixed with the native Taino/Caribe Indians, east indians, chinese, spanish, etc. so we come in all shades and hair types some of us have short coarse hair and some of us are very African in features but our hair is definitely not negroid and the length down to our backside. It's all in genetics. I study Africa so much it's like I am obssessed. It is so true we Caribbean folk come from all over the western coast of Africa. I've even researched the ethnic make up of Jamaicans (i highlighted the highest percentages):

I will look up Haiti  wink

And to Blandyne, we west Indians are too mixed to know exactly where we came from but one thing is for sure that Congo in our blood boy lol, got us wining like no other! Big up.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by sillyboy(m): 1:16am On Mar 01, 2010
People always seems amazed once they found out about my ex-boyfriend and I (we broke up a month ago    ) I'm HAITIAN , and of course he's Nigerian. Some of them we're speechless when meeting us, others thought we were "interesting". There's not a lot of couples like us, don't know why.

I'll never forget my mother's face when i told her i was dating a Nigerian man    It was so funny, she freaked out telling me that African men are chauvinistic polygamous and arrogant; that he will marry as many woman as he wants and i'll live in a house with my husband's concubines. . . .Please note that she said "African men" not Nigerian because most Haitians don't care which country in Africa you are from, they just refer to you as "African". I had to explain to her that not all "African men" are polygamous. To cut a long story short, she ended up liking him.

I use to date a Haitian girl. . . . . .very pretty and damn sexy. Her mother said the same highlighted statement when she told her am Nigerian.
My take on haitian girls is that; they are good as girl friends and not wife. THEY SHOULD NEVER BE CONSIDERED FOR A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP!!. Faithfulness and loyalty is not in their blood. so many of them has proved not able to stick to man and they are emotionally instable. As a man, just enjoy the food and sex while it last because she will definitely move on
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 01, 2010
sillyboy:

I use to date a Haitian girl. . . . . .very pretty and damn sexy. Her mother said the same highlighted statement when she told her am Nigerian.
My take on haitian girls is that; they are good as girl friends and not wife. THEY SHOULD NEVER BE CONSIDERED FOR A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP!!. Faithfulness and loyalty is not in their blood. so many of them has proved not able to stick to man and they are emotionally instable. As a man, just enjoy the food and intimacy while it last because she will definitely move on
ma dear friend, shattap dia angry
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 01, 2010
silly boy, indeed. Perfect name. What is with the Caribbean hate? I dont get it  undecided
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by blandyne(f): 1:21am On Mar 01, 2010
sillyboy:

My take on haitian girls is that; they are good as girl friends and not wife. THEY SHOULD NEVER BE CONSIDERED FOR A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP!!. Faithfulness and loyalty is not in their blood. so many of them has proved not able to stick to man and they are emotionally instable. As a man, just enjoy the food and intimacy while it last because she will definitely move on

Are you for real ? I'm speechless, This is the first time ever i'm hearing such crap. I'm not saying that haitian women are perfect, but danm you went too far. Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean that you  have to be biased.

p.s: Funny u're in NJ.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by sillyboy(m): 1:22am On Mar 01, 2010
FL Gators:

ma dear friend, shattap dia angry

lol, >>>> grin you aint serious shey u know?
MzDarkSkin:

silly boy, indeed. Perfect name. What is with the Caribbean hate? I dont get it  undecided

Am not hating oo. . . . . .am just giving advise to poor guys that cares to listen based on my humble experience. If a Nigerian man must have a steady relationship with a non-nigerian, it should be a whiter woman.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by sillyboy(m): 1:23am On Mar 01, 2010
blandyne:

Are you for real ? I'm speechless, This is the first time ever i'm hearing such crap. I'm not saying that haitian women are perfect, but danm you went too far. Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean that you  have to be biased.

p.s: Funny u're in NJ.

Are you even sure u are not my ex?. . . . .Asbury Park? . . . . .just wondering
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by blandyne(f): 1:25am On Mar 01, 2010
Helllllllllll no, i'm not. Never been to Asbury Park, i live in northern jersey. , And from your comment, i could never end up with someone like you.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 01, 2010
Whiter woman?  lipsrsealed no comment.

Out of all of my West Indian brothers and sisters I respect Haitians SOOOOOOO much because they believe in looking out for eachother. Get you a Haitian friend and you have a FRIEND FOR LIFE! Just dont frigg with them lol they DONT play! LOL.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by platinumnk(f): 1:26am On Mar 01, 2010
@sillyboy- haitians women are cool but they dont put up with crap!
my friend is one of the sweetest persons in the world!

@msdarkinskin- 34% ehh?
thats more than twice 14%
im not saying its not there but i did say "most"

nigerians dont wind? i know i can grin
thanks for posting the stats.
if it wasnt for our war, slavery, who knows sad
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 01, 2010
@ Plat those are Jamaican statistics lol. I am in the process of looking up haiti. But i am SURE Nigerian girls can dance. No question! African ppl are full of rythym!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Handle Unexpected Erection In Public? / I Am Depressed, All My Friends Are Successful Fraudsters... / What A Nigerian Man Wants In Bed [please Dont Read This If You Re Below 20YEARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.