Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? (31291 Views)

Can You ? / Secret Of Getting Any Man To Fall In Love With You / Nigerian Lady Travels To US For A Break, But Falls In Love With A Lebanese Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Cutehector(m): 10:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
justwise:

Absolutely possible though the sooner you meet in person the better, long distance relationship creates a lot of problems especially when you are so in love with that person but can only hear her voice, chat or video calls, else frustration and insecurity will destroy it.
dats tru. Ur right$ d sooner dey meet d berra. Some girls can delay d meeting eh. Gvn u flimsy excuses. Wat stops u frm meetn someone u met onlyn few days after u guys had a conversation. Nothin. But u wouldn blame some people, over shyness dey worry dem. Sooner, d chemistry dies down all because one party ddnt consider makin efforts while d other party was makin efforts for dem to meet in person.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justwise(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
Cutehector:
dats tru. Ur right$ d sooner dey meet d berra. Some girls can delay d meeting eh. Gvn u flimsy excuses. Wat stops u frm meetn someone u met onlyn few days after u guys had a conversation. Nothin. But u wouldn blame some people, over shyness dey worry dem. Sooner, d chemistry dies down all because one party ddnt consider makin efforts while d other party was makin efforts for dem to meet in person.

It's harder when you are not living in the same continent but seriously in love....cost of traveling and visa come into it. As time drags on little argument turns to anger and wrong things said....there is a very tiny line between love and hate....very blurred....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by ronald4lif(m): 11:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
justwise:

It's harder when you are not living in the same continent but seriously in love....cost of traveling and visa come into it. As time drags on little argument turns to anger and wrong things said....there is a very tiny line between love and hate....very blurred....

Justwise baba always been refreshing reading you over the years, especially in the travel section. Baba I hail ohh
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Cutehector(m): 11:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
justwise:

yeah dats tru. So many good friendships hav died down due to prolonged chattn online. Sometimes, d people u reaaly like are very far away frm you while those u'v already met in person dnt mean dat much to you. Dats d irony of life. U tend to be wishin why such people aren't nearby in ur locality.

1 Like

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by whizqueen(f): 11:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
It has been happening since time immemorial n will continue to happen. So its very possible.

1 Like

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
whizqueen:
It has been happening since time immemorial n will continue to happen. So its very possible.
winnnnch ooo, go to bed. It is already late in the night. tongue
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by whizqueen(f): 11:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
FriedPlantain:
winnnnch ooo, go to bed. It is already late in the night. tongue
Hiiiiian.... i jes came in na grin
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justwise(m): 11:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
Cutehector:
yeah dats tru. So many good friendships hav died down due to prolonged chattn online. Sometimes, d people u reaaly like are very far away frm you while those u'v already met in person dnt mean dat much to you. Dats d irony of life. U tend to be wishin why such people aren't nearby in ur locality.

That is just the hard truth...online chat is good and can also be an issue, you can't retract when you typed and sent in anger, your emotions and body language can not be transferred through chat...people tend to remember those hurtful words than the good ones...
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Cutehector(m): 11:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

That is just the hard truth...online chat is good and can also be an issue, you can't retract when you typed and sent in anger, your emotions and body language can not be transferred through chat...people tend to remember those hurtful words than the good ones...
d ladies espcially. Its hard to express one's feelins thru d fone cuz d oda person might not get the point ur tryna make. U nw end up hurtin urself instead only becaus u feel he or she doesn't understand u
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
whizqueen:

Hiiiiian.... i jes came in na grin
You sure? Na you I being dey wait for since sef, me know say you go wan branch here before una meeting go start. 2:am go reach now, I still dey wait you once una don finish una meeting , you go still branch diary section go settle for the night. grin
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by UEDIBO: 11:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
WILL YOU BE MY LIFE PARTNER?
texybaby:
Woww sounds interesting but it hasnt happened to me though
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justwise(m): 12:02am On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
d ladies espcially. Its hard to express one's feelins thru d fone cuz d oda person might not get the point ur tryna make. U nw end up hurtin urself instead only becaus u feel he or she doesn't understand u

I'm guilty of that...I tend to guide my feelings religiously just to avoid been seen as too pushy but some ladies don't like that though.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Cutehector(m): 12:06am On Feb 24, 2015
justwise:

I'm guilty of that...I tend to guide my feelings religiously just to avoid been seen as too pushy but some ladies don't like that though.
not only u, me too. U knw, its so painfull wen u can't express ur feelings the way it ought to be without diluting it just because u think she may react negatively. But be that as it may, if u ask me whch I prefer, chatn or a heart to heart talk, I'd go for the latter.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Sexystella: 12:11am On Feb 24, 2015
Rare but it do happens. I met my Ex online
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justwise(m): 12:20am On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
not only u, me too. U knw, its so painfull wen u can't express ur feelings the way it ought to be without diluting it just because u think she may react negatively. But be that as it may, if u ask me whch I prefer, chatn or a heart to heart talk, I'd go for the latter.

Will definitely go for heart to heart, the longer you spent chatting the far too much you disclose which will then become a referencing point during those unnecessary arguments
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Cutehector(m): 12:24am On Feb 24, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Will definitely go for heart to heart, the longer you spent chatting the far too much you disclose which will then become a referencing point during those unnecessary arguments
yeah dats right. Well I think its past my bedtym. Make I try sleep. Long day tomoro. Goodnyt. I wonder why ppo say goodmornin durin 12am. D night is already at its peak by that time tho. I guess mornin starts wen dawn sets in.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by mirexxx(f): 12:32am On Feb 24, 2015
yea and i met him undecided
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
U dnt need to mEet someone befor u love the person. No one has met God yet we love him in spirit.and that is d same technique wen u fall in love it dat guy or girl who captivates your heart buh u aint met yet . So if u ask me, yes, I'd say its possible.
next time u don't compare God with Man....don't even try it!....it's a sin...FACT!
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 24, 2015
Yeah....happened last year!....we met and everything ended there....why?...'coz i least expected what I saw!...don't lemme go into details

1 Like

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by whizqueen(f): 3:44am On Feb 24, 2015
FriedPlantain:
You sure? Na you I being dey wait for since sef, me know say you go wan branch here before una meeting go start. 2:am go reach now, I still dey wait you once una don finish una meeting , you go still branch diary section go settle for the night. grin
Meeting jes end now sef wink I dey go dah end make i go drink small pami before i go haus. You go like follow? grin
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 24, 2015
Yes it has happened to me, we met and I am still in love with him.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 4:01am On Feb 24, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

You are right.

1 Like

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by kelvinmuffins3(m): 4:18am On Feb 24, 2015
Well it might be happening to some people but shit I don't believe such. This life self
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Osyxcel(m): 4:19am On Feb 24, 2015
mirexxx:
yea and i met him undecided

Why you do your mouth like that, you wan whistle?? undecided
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 5:17am On Feb 24, 2015
Tallesty1:
Abia.......

Listen, it is easy to feel like you've fallen in love with someone have never met but the truth is, your mind is just telling you lies. There is absolutely no someone unless there IS. The person you haven't met could be anything. You can't call it love until you have seen the person.
i know wen am in love, we really loved each oda b4 we met,it wasnt like we av nt met,we wer flowin as if we av seen each oda b4...its because it has neva happen to u b4,if nt u wil kno wat am talkin abt....it does.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 24, 2015
MimeeTee:
Yeah....happened last year!....we met and everything ended there....why?...'coz i least expected what I saw!...don't lemme go into details
because she was neva truthful to u online.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Cutehector(m): 6:00am On Feb 24, 2015
MimeeTee:
next time u don't compare God with Man....don't even try it!....it's a sin...FACT!
receive sense

2 Likes

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 6:13am On Feb 24, 2015
ilotriouzAY:
Can you fall for someone you've never met? Maybe you met on social networks , but you've never met the person

I know a guy that fell in love with a lady in another branch of the same company, spoke on the phone for so long and had never seen her picture because there was no social media then. When they finally met in a dinner party organized by the company, it was as if they've dated for years.
They finally got married within 6 months of meeting each other.

So Yes you can fall in love with someone you've never met.

1 Like

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by texybaby(f): 6:18am On Feb 24, 2015
UEDIBO:
WILL YOU BE MY LIFE PARTNER?
Life partner strAIGHT away...abi u wanna experiment falling in love online....go ahead
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by texybaby(f): 6:21am On Feb 24, 2015
kelvin100:

I know a guy that fell in love with a lady in another branch of the same company, spoke on the phone for so long and had never seen her picture because there was no social media then. When they finally met in a dinner party organized by the company, it was as if they've dated for years.
They finally got married within 6 months of meeting each other.

So Yes you can fall in love with someone you've never met.

Woww see me imagining if it happens to me...but its only really responsible guys that can manage that ooo
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 24, 2015
From what I've noticed, people that fell in love without meeting each other first tend to have stronger bond that those that met face to face before dating.
Just an observation...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by vjsmiles: 6:30am On Feb 24, 2015
Enegod:
I think the best you can do is fall in love
with your perception of them. 99.99% of
the time our perceptions of things are not
the reality though. I suppose and have
hope for that .01% being possible though... undecided
ONE BOTTLE OF HENNESSEY FOR YOU BRO!
EXACTLY MY THOUGHT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Right To Give A Lady Money After A Date? / This Is Superstory, What Is The Lyric / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Her Induction In Medical Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.