Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? (31302 Views)

Can You ? / Secret Of Getting Any Man To Fall In Love With You / Nigerian Lady Travels To US For A Break, But Falls In Love With A Lebanese Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 24, 2015
texybaby:

Woww see me imagining if it happens to me...but its only really responsible guys that can manage that ooo

It can happen to you too wink

It's not really only responsible guys that keep such relationship, the truth is that if you actually fell in love with someone you've never met, before you finally meet, you would have built that feeling to an unimaginable level without any reservations.
Once you finally meet that person and the person meets your expectations to a desirable degree, that level of feeling you've developed for that person would be maintained and sustained. Sometimes it's surreal.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by texybaby(f): 6:34am On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector and justwise thats not completely true....u can always express it even on phone...ur voice n heart can say it all...bbefore u later meet n hv d heart to heart....
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by texybaby(f): 6:36am On Feb 24, 2015
kelvin100:

It can happen to you too wink

It's not really only responsible guys that keep such relationship, the truth is that if you actually fell in love with someone you've never met, before you finally meet, you would have built that feeling to an unimaginable level without any reservations.
Once you finally meet that person and the person meets your expectations to a desirable degree, that level of feeling you've developed for that person would be maintained and sustained. Sometimes it's surreal.

Ok...thats true I will see abt that

1 Like

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Cutehector(m): 6:38am On Feb 24, 2015
texybaby:
Cutehector and justwise thats not completely true....u can always express it even on phone...ur voice n heart can say it all...bbefore u later meet n hv d heart to heart....
texybaby we are only talkn based on our past experiences which is definitely true. U can't tell me two ppo wil be togeda for a stretch of 9years without seein each oda and the same feelings wich was dr in d beginin wil be d same feelin 9yrs to come. 9 yrs is even too much sef. Btw, goodmornin
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by texybaby(f): 6:47am On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
texybaby we are only talkn based on our past experiences which is definitely true. U can't tell me two ppo wil be togeda for a stretch of 9years without seein each oda and the same feelings wich was dr in d beginin wil be d same feelin 9yrs to come. 9 yrs is even too much sef. Btw, goodmornin

9yrs kooo....even those u see how many has same feelings as it was 1yr before...not in this generation...y shd u date 9years before seeing each other...anyway.... good morning...
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Cutehector(m): 6:50am On Feb 24, 2015
texybaby:

9yrs kooo....even those u see how many has same feelings as it was 1yr before...not in this generation...y shd u date 9years before seeing each other...anyway.... good morning...
iwell I its because they dnt do things dat wil always rekindle d flame dats why feelings get to die slowly. Callin evrytime and chattn myt get to seem borin on d long run
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by texybaby(f): 7:04am On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
iwell I its because they dnt do things dat wil always rekindle d flame dats why feelings get to die slowly. Callin evrytime and chattn myt get to seem borin on d long run
If u think so
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Enegod(m): 7:08am On Feb 24, 2015
vjsmiles:
ONE BOTTLE OF HENNESSEY FOR YOU BRO!
EXACTLY MY THOUGHT
thanks man
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by mirexxx(f): 7:40am On Feb 24, 2015
Osyxcel:

Why you do your mouth like that, you wan whistle?? undecided
what's ur problem? u guys can't see a post and not quote? huh?
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Osyxcel(m): 7:46am On Feb 24, 2015
mirexxx:
what's ur problem? u guys can't see a post and not quote? huh?

shocked don't take it p jor... tongue cheesy

Good morning..

1 Like

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by mirexxx(f): 7:47am On Feb 24, 2015
Osyxcel:

shocked don't take it p jor... tongue cheesy

Good morning..
limme cry undecided
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Osyxcel(m): 7:54am On Feb 24, 2015
mirexxx:
limme cry undecided

oya sorry cheesy ... do you care for a cup of coffee?? [img]http://media0./media/viXsYok1yHgS4/200_s.gif[/img]
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by mirexxx(f): 8:01am On Feb 24, 2015
Osyxcel:

oya sorry cheesy ... do you care for a cup of coffee?? [img]http://media0./media/viXsYok1yHgS4/200_s.gif[/img]
cheesy yea cry
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Osyxcel(m): 8:19am On Feb 24, 2015
mirexxx:
cheesy yea cry

Good. It'll help brighten your day cheesy, no more cry
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Osyxcel(m): 8:19am On Feb 24, 2015
Softysparky, good morning smiley
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 24, 2015
Osyxcel:
Softysparky, good morning smiley
You just dey share coffe, wey my own?

1 Like

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Osyxcel(m): 8:30am On Feb 24, 2015
softysparky:

You just dey share coffe, wey my own?

hehehe.... careful, it's very hot [img]http://media1./media/M5myuxwZaK2J2/100w.gif[/img]
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 24, 2015
Osyxcel:

hehehe.... careful, it's very hot [img]http://media1./media/M5myuxwZaK2J2/100w.gif[/img]
Thanks cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justmag(m): 8:44am On Feb 24, 2015
You can't love someone you have not met. Not possible! Anyone who says they have is just in denial. You have to understand love to say that. Now you can like someone out of curiosity of what they would be like in person. That's about it!!
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justwise(m): 8:46am On Feb 24, 2015
texybaby:

Yes you can do all that but the issue is..without meeting sooner all that nice and sweet words on phone or chat means nothing

1 Like

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justwise(m): 8:52am On Feb 24, 2015
justmag:
You can't love someone you have not met. Not possible! Anyone who says they have is just in denial. You have to understand love to say that. Now you can like someone out of curiosity of what they would be like in person. That's about it!!

You have very little knowledge of that, even before internet people fall in love before meeting through penpal.

Culturally parents match-make couples simply by showing you his or her picture....those marriages lasted even longer than what we have today.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by mirexxx(f): 8:52am On Feb 24, 2015
Osyxcel:

Good. It'll help brighten your day cheesy, no more cry
thanks dear smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by robosky02(m): 8:59am On Feb 24, 2015
softysparky:
Yes it has happened to me, we met and I am still in love with him.

is that sooooo
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justmag(m): 9:30am On Feb 24, 2015
justwise:

You have very little knowledge of that, even before internet people fall in love before meeting through penpal.

Culturally parents match-make couples simply by showing you his or her picture....those marriages lasted even longer than what we have today.

Parent doing match making is not real love to me....it's sounds like enforcement or keeping tradition alive. The only reason why these type of marriages lasted for so long is sometimes tolerance because the couple fears offending the parents or family in question.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justwise(m): 9:35am On Feb 24, 2015
justmag:

Parent doing match making is not real love to me....it's sounds like enforcement or keeping tradition alive. The only reason why these type of marriages lasted for so long is sometimes tolerance because the couple fears offending the parents or family in question.

People you meet online and fall in love are not different from people you meet in churches or work places, they are all the same people, the difference is character.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justmag(m): 9:47am On Feb 24, 2015
justwise:

People you meet online and fall in love are not different from people you meet in churches or work places, they are all the same people, the difference is character.

Agreed! We are all the same regardless of location. You do have to understand one thing though. The people you meet online can be a fabrication of their reality and the people you meet in person are more likely to have their character on display.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Osyxcel(m): 9:58am On Feb 24, 2015
justmag:

Well, I believe love is based on perception. What you believe the person is and not necessarily what the person is. I don't think it really matters whether it's online or real life...

The only thing is that it's easier for the love to die quicker if it continues online without efforts to consolidate it in real life.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justmag(m): 10:03am On Feb 24, 2015
Osyxcel:

Well, I believe love is based on perception. What you believe the person is and not necessarily what the person is. I don't think it really matters whether it's online or real life...

The only thing is that it's easier for the love to die quicker if it continues online without efforts to consolidate it in real life.

I don't understand your idea of love but you are right about making effort to consolidate it in real life. YOU HAVE to make effort To meet eventually.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by Osyxcel(m): 10:19am On Feb 24, 2015
justmag:

I don't understand your idea of love but you are right about making effort to consolidate it in real life. YOU HAVE to make effort To meet eventually.

Apart from physical appearance, you love a person based on what you think the person is (character, words, actions and inactions, e.t.c)

Why do you think some people get disappointed/heart broken when they find out who they've been in love with is not who the person really is?? It what they were made to believe.
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justmag(m): 10:25am On Feb 24, 2015
Osyxcel:

Apart from physical appearance, you love a person based on what you think the person is (character, words, actions and inactions, e.t.c)

Why do you think some people get disappointed/heart broken when they find out who they've been in love with is not who the person really is?? It what they were made to believe.

Very true! Now that's more like it. I agree with that. When you find out you hav been in love with a phony. It causes heartbreak! true love is very hard to find like the missing girls in sambisa forest
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by frankjames700: 10:29am On Feb 24, 2015
sure
Re: Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? by justwise(m): 10:46am On Feb 24, 2015
Osyxcel:

True that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Right To Give A Lady Money After A Date? / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Her Induction In Medical Council / This Is Superstory, What Is The Lyric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.