Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) (34000 Views)

Imo State: SOS: Rochas Okorocha Come To Our Rescue: PHOTOS / Agbaje’ll Soon Be Declared Lagos Gov – PDP / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by hensben(m): 9:46am On Feb 25, 2015
Idiataqueen:
No na goat they live there
ah! I for say.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 25, 2015
Fashola's trumpeters have landed grin grin grin grin grin grin
If na Federal Government project now you see them bare their fangs undecided
My street aint better either sad, I bet if it starts raining heavily, we gotta use skates to pass. In Lagos, it's dust and more dust...in rainy season....it's flood, muddy and slippery streets amplified sad sad sad

And Fashola's mouth keeps widening to his ears dragging his nose along with it grin grin grin angry
Quote me k'o gba epe le ku rere cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Tymax(m): 9:49am On Feb 25, 2015
When they tell them to stop throwing refuse into the gutters they'll laugh at you. Look at the dividends. If rain water cannot flow in the gutter, it must be swell up and cover the roads.

When rain starts, some people that live up the street will joyfully bring out their dustbins and empty them into the drains not caring about those who live "downstream". If you keep your gutters clean, water will flow. The soil of this place does not have a high water table.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 25, 2015
sunnyflakes:

D DEMON ALWAYS DEFENDING APC JUST BECAUSE IT IS HAPPENING IN AN APC STATE. YOU ARE SO PATHETIC. LET ME HEAR YOU CRY WOLF WHEN ANY PDP STATE EXPERIENCE FLOOD. THOUGH I DON'T PRAY FOR SUCH TO HAPPEN!
foool! Where in my post did I defend anyone? Are you sure you read my comment very well?

onye ara!
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by UncleJudax(m): 9:50am On Feb 25, 2015
Petersideman:

Tell me what needful should he do, build a drainage, demolish the building and tell them to evacuate and you criticise him abiii. .
Now I see why western powers said we are too demanding..
We are too demanding? Why do we like mocking ourselves?
Obviously, there are no drainages there, and doing that will not require evacuating anybody. Make una de fear God o.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by pinkhill(f): 9:50am On Feb 25, 2015
well said
berem:
Akowonjo have always been experiencing flooding since time immemorial. it's not that there are no drainages there. It's either the drainages are not well channeled or the people living in that area always throw dirts in the gutters that blocks the flow of water.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Beadex1(m): 9:51am On Feb 25, 2015
johnmartus:
rubbish attention seeker you see something terrible in your resident which i believe your local government chairman does not aware of it talk on state government instead to write a letter to your loca govt council you decided to come to social media to discredit the working governor? you're just a pathetic fellow
u are more pathetic.........where ws the chairman ,house member or the governor of borno when chibok Gals were taken....aPC de blind bat party..............Wat a silly party.....hate dem Wid passion

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by babestella: 9:52am On Feb 25, 2015
afuye:
[size=16pt]Sycophant and Bootlicker[/size]

Typical of APC supporter. So what are you? A houseboy, shoe shiner and laundry boy for Lagos looters. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by queensmith: 9:53am On Feb 25, 2015
berem:
Akowonjo have always been experiencing flooding since time immemorial. it's not that there are no drainages there. It's either the drainages are not well channeled or the people living in that area always throw dirts in the gutters that blocks the flow of water.

Well then Fashola has fallen short, this should have been top priority on his transformation agenda, not only is this unsightly, it's expensive and it's also dangerous, this is how diseases spread. The buildings also present a hazard if water is seeping into the structure.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by repogirl(f): 9:54am On Feb 25, 2015
Choi!! Eko ti baje pata pata..... APC wey Neva finish change tiny Lagos, na Nigeria Dem wan do, mtchewwww!

4 Likes

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 25, 2015
Eko ni baje oooo, cheesy cheesy

See una life, APC. Useless party. All una propaganda nor work this time. Even Aresa dey google picture of abroad to justify the flood, undecided.

If na Jonathan now dem go attack am with cutlass and shovel,

una see una life?? Just look at your life APshits... so na dis tin una wan do for federal government? In collaboration with una slavemasters... Tufia, angry angry God forbid bad thing.

Tinubu don turn una to slaves finish, e don loot all una money finish dey deceive una say na Jonathan dey thief and under una nose e dey milk una dry., just look at your life APC

3 Likes

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by bfire(m): 9:58am On Feb 25, 2015
I know that place pretty well. Infact since 1984 when my older sister's husband use to reside there

The drainage has been reconstructed about 3times now. But the people continue to build and throw rubbish in the drainage and some waste from the main road find ways into the street
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 25, 2015
queensmith:

Well then Fashola has fallen short, this should have been top priority on his transformation agenda, not only is this unsightly, it's expensive and it's also dangerous, this is how diseases spread. The buildings also present a hazard if water is seeping into the structure.
I guess Fashola should be held responsible for clearing gutters which people dump refuse in it and thereby block free flow of rain water. Despite the radio and television jingles about educating people on the need not to pour dirts in gutters,lagosians don't adhere to simple rules.
So who is suffering it now?
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by allanphash7(m): 9:58am On Feb 25, 2015
jk is just kidding jooooor

ko lee se

he no fit do am
BLACKSNIP:
Let him do the needful if nt he would be blamed. JK is the man.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by sunnyflakes(m): 9:59am On Feb 25, 2015
ayolatun:

Exactly. The new drainages being constructed along Jakande to Ijegun axis of Lagos is already turning to dustbin. By the time the drainages have been filled with too much dirt and small rain comes, there will be flood of this manner.

Some Nigerians need to be flogged with Koboko. Is the road or drainage your dustbin? Thunder fire anybody yansh for calling government to come and fix a drainage.

I can even see dirt floating in the water in the picture.

IF YOUR ASSERTION IS CORRECT IT IS PROBABLY DUE TO A LACK OF EFFECTIVE REFUSE DISPOSAL SCHEME IN PLACE. RATHER THAN PROVIDE SUCH, THEY (ALL APC STATES) ARE ROOTING FOR THE FALL OF THE PRESIDENT..... PUT YOUR STATES IN ORDER AND LEAVE THE PRESIDENT ALONE.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by ndcide(m): 9:59am On Feb 25, 2015
Only Lagosians can change this. the opportunity is here now.

Vote out APC from government.

It's left for them anyway.

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by M4gunners: 9:59am On Feb 25, 2015
berem:
God is watching you Madam keep defending ur pay masters ok.But don't forget there's nemesis in anything we do.

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 25, 2015
Petersideman:

funny u, the governor should stop the rain abi, or what do u want him to do, demolish and build new houses, even where flood is certain, Nigerians don't yield advice not to go there, But they build houses there.....
now I don't understand why u saying he is abusing the president. .....
don't mind stubborn citizens. A person will overtly buy land and build houses in a swamp and expect the govt to perform magic when nature comes calling.

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 25, 2015
aresa:

[img]http://e360.yale.edu/images/slideshows/gallery_hurricane_sandy_new_york_flooding.jpg[/img]

^^^^^^ That's New York. A state in the most advanced country in the world...

You can not out run Nature. You jokers need to find something better to do with your silly time...

Pray tell, was this caused by a 30mins rainfall?
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by honeric01(m): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2015
anonimi:

- What is the responsibility of the Lagos state Town Planning authorities for proper channeling of the drainages?
- What is the responsibility of the 57 LGAs and LCDAs that are 101% controlled by APC for ensuring the dirts in the gutters are cleared regularly so water flows freely?

In short Fashola is a certified FAILURE and the yoke of APC on Lagosians for the past 16 years must be lifted!!!

Robot, I once lived in that area around 2008, let me tell you that there is a huge canal built at the back of Victoria street at jimoh bustop, but foolish and greedy lagosians built houses round the canal and this ended up blocking the flow of water.. the government wanted to come demolish but was sued.. so how do you help those who have refused to be helped?

Secondly, these people end up blocking their gutters with dirt's (plastic bottles e.t.c), anytime it rains, thats when they start doing cleanup from their various homes.

I moved out of there when flood spoilt my properties 2 times in a roll. (was away).

Before you turn everything to PDP vs APC as you have been programmed to do..kindly try to malfunction abit so you cab reason independently.

2 Likes

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Mene90(m): 10:07am On Feb 25, 2015
Are you still hoping on Fashola? A man who thinks he's done the best and all he can do. So its aimless to still hope on him. Fashola isn't coming

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by dangervu(m): 10:07am On Feb 25, 2015
yetunde01:

don't they have CDA'S i think the whole occupants of that area minds there business.....
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by honeric01(m): 10:07am On Feb 25, 2015
customized13:
Fashola practically neglected akowonjo axis, you can't go to that axis during rainy season. Idimu, ikotun, ejigbo, egbeda etc aren't liveable at all.

Do you even know where these areas are on the map of Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by queensmith: 10:10am On Feb 25, 2015
berem:
I guess Fashola should be held responsible for clearing gutters which people dump refuse in it and thereby block free flow of rain water. Despite the radio and television jingles about educating people on the need not to pour dirts in gutters,lagosians don't adhere to simple rules.
So who is suffering it now?

Tell me what is the purpose of a government taking a portion of your salary and running the scene if not to solve these problems?

What purpose does the Government serve? If Lagosians are to clear their own gutters, create their own drainage systems and do their own flood control despite the fact that most of them are poor, tell me what we leave the government to do? Next we'll be asking them to build their own roads, trains trams and schools.

People are throwing rubbish in the gutter because there is nowhere else to throw them, how well is waste managed in Lagos? Jingles do not enforce rules, you'll probably be more successful using jingles for a band of apes.

Looking at the extent of the flooding, refuse doesn't seem like the problem - it looks more like a nearby waterway has overfilled into these areas.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Niwdog(m): 10:11am On Feb 25, 2015
@bogolobanga ur left balls dia.
When tinz go wrong in nigeria wil blame it on gej so why won't fashola take the blame.
I have neva in my life say "lagos is no mans land"
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by queensmith: 10:12am On Feb 25, 2015
Lobeez:

Pray tell, was this caused by a 30mins rainfall?

don't mind him! We're talking 30 minutes of rain and he's pulling up the aftermath of a hurricane. kmt
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by mayorkyzo: 10:14am On Feb 25, 2015
APC is working..akowonjo peeps are swimming..and goodluck is winning... grin

2 Likes

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by sunnyflakes(m): 10:15am On Feb 25, 2015
berem:
foool! Where in my post did I defend anyone? Are you sure you read my comment very well?

onye ara!

MADAM, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!! THE TIDE IS GOING AGAINST YOU AND YOUR PAYMASTERS. HAVE YOU EVER READ THE PORTION FROM THE HOLY BOOK WHICH SAYS, " JUDGE NOT".

THOUGH YOU DIDN'T ATTACK ON THIS THREAD, BUT WHY ARE YOU TRYING HARD TO DEFEND THIS GLARING INEPTITUDE OF LAGOS STATE GOVT. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR IT OR YOU ARE BEING PAID TO DO SO.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION THE WORD 'DEMON' OR 'DEVIL' IS A BREVITY FOR "DOER OF EVIL". AND IN ALL INTENT AND PURPOSE YOUR WORK OF DENIGRATING AS WELL AS OPEN DISREGARD FOR THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE GREATEST BLACK NATION ON PLANET EARTH, ON THIS FORUM, IS EVIL. THAT'S WHY I USED THE WORD DEMON. SO E DEY PAIN TO ABSORB INSULT, YET YOU JOIN HANDS WITH PEOPLE WHO DON'T MEAN WELL TO CALL A PRESIDENT CLUELESS. YOU SEE YOUR LIFE!!!
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by MooreWays: 10:16am On Feb 25, 2015
tit:
fashola and tinubu has used the broom to blind Lagosians.
i thank you internet has exposed them.
APC is finished.
fashola cannot commision street light generator again.
. Let's be constructive in our criticisms. I live around this area and the flood u see is man made. Pple dispose refuse mostly containing polytines and plastic products (pet bottles) into the drainage, builds bold offs on the drainage systems around that area. Check one of the pictures, u will understand what am saying. Its part of our responsibility to take good care of our environment.

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by cacali(f): 10:20am On Feb 25, 2015
kelvine:
For real ? Eko oni baje
For real o, this is my area. This has been the situation for years. APC has not done anything herte for us o. That's why we need CHANGE.

3 Likes

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by wummyanthoy: 10:21am On Feb 25, 2015
Fashola really tried , but d money he would ve used 2 complete d remaining work has been collectd 2 do bribe 4 obas in ondo n osun during d govnrshp election n Ambode was sacked by fashola wen he ws stealing money 4 tinubu dat ws wat caused d quarrel btw Tinubu n Fashola , we knw whr lagos moni dey go ! may God help us all, corruptn is everywhr, they r clamouring 4 change ,I wonder whr d change will come , by dos who were corruptd under pdp now using APC 4 cover ?

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by cacali(f): 10:23am On Feb 25, 2015
UncleJudax:

We are too demanding? Why do we like mocking ourselves?
Obviously, there are no drainages there, and doing that will not require evacuating anybody. Make una de fear God o.
On point o. No drainage on Akowonjo road. Anyone there was done by the landlord.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Declares For 2019 Presidency Under PDP / Tambuwal Loses In Supreme Court. His Governorship Nomination To Be Challenged / Republic Of Benin Is Not Aspiring To Be Part Of Nigeria - MFA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.