Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,449 members, 7,830,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (317477 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
Its in the blood so John-paul dont blame your son. I just love the uniqueness of the boy, he seem not to be concerned of whatever lovato would do to him. Afterall, he is already recruited in the army. grin

The days D9ty7 would be published on the national daily's is close by. Keep on the good job my brother.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 5:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
Frontpage? Isssorait. After 47pages and over 30,000views. The supermod who moved this to the frontpage, thank you o. In other news, updates loading to celebrate this frontpage. How you see am?

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by alabig(m): 5:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
The crux of the epicenter is that d9ty7 is waxing stronger. What would be the fate of paul after meeting his ex-boss?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
D9ty7:
Frontpage? Isssorait. After 47pages and over 30,000views.
The supermod who moved this to the frontpage, thank you o.
In other news, updates loading to celebrate this frontpage. How you see am?

Waiting impatiently!b embarassed
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
i was here
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
Neephemie:
Viewing this topic: morgba ( f ), OJILLEX ( m),
Mrbee21 ( m ), Wandungu ( m), todayguest ( m ),
mordtonia( f ), churchilllala , kaysman2( m ),
kennes10, malonephill ( m ), Yavala , Teespice ( f ),
Sammyjay4411 , Pinkiedearie ( f ), ticybee ,
best4best ( m), ehmusshogun ( m ), ebonysmoot( f ),
Neephemie( f ), vugaman ( m ), TEEWHY10 ( f ),
provost , DinhoMVP, Enifome5 , thronekid and 52
guest(s)
Abeg u pple shud comment o. Its nt gud 2 chop nd clean mouth
I don't just comment. I only critique and our boss scribbling is perfect.
Ride on, sir.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kenwins(f): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
D9ty7:

Seriously starving bro.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
#typing
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by labaski(f): 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
D9ty7:
#typing
. may inspiration flow in for u and may ur fingers type d best updates..
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 9:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
D9ty7:

Oops! I'll dance shoki, azonto,etighi all at d same tym.#Grabs sit, waiting impatiently#
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
--continuation--
Mark and Tina sat in the Porsche and spacious living room belonging to Rtd Major General Tukur. Mark didn't like to be kept waiting, but sitting in this exquisite living room, he could go days without moving an inch.
The living room floor was tiled in a cream coloured and brown polka dotted tiles which matched with the brown suede sofas which had white pillows to match. There was a total of four couches in the living room, two three seater couch which was directly opposite the dining table and two one seater couch had their backs turned to the dining table. Mark was seated beside his colleague, Tina who seemed restless. The reason behind which Mark couldn't fathom.
Mark loved the set up and the interior decoration of the room, everything looked, cheap, porshe and classy. Above all, a typical african traditionalist was Tukur, as several framed pictures of shrines, festival, tourist attractions flooded the opposite wall.
"Is that not the Ikogosi warm spring?" He asked tapping Tina lightly on the lap.
"Yes it is." Tine snapped.
Mark was taken aback. He tried to remember if he had in any way wronged her, but his thoughts only made him look stupid. Tina who was full of life thirty minutes ago while they were giving out instructions to the other members of the team. "Maybe it is just mood swing." He concluded.
"Which state is it located?" He asked still staring at the frame which was hung on the wall.
"Why don't you move close too the picture, there you will get a clearer view and know the state where it is found." Tina replied.
Mark stared at the beautiful ebony lady beside him.
"Are you okay?" He asked calmly.
Tina threw a nasty look at him which could be interpreted as did-I-tell-you-I-am-not-okay.
"You've been acting strange, hope you are good." He added quickly.
Tina hissed silently and continued starring into space, such that she wasn't aware when Mark stood up to go take a closer look at the pictures.
As he stood in front of the pictures, he could imagine himself carrying his little child on his shoulder and Kimberly walking in front on the rocks with their picnic basket. How beautiful such a sight must be, but first, he needed grace from Kim. He knew he over reacted, and he was ready to atone for his sins, provided he was able to reduce the workload on his desk.
As Mark made to return to his seat, his eyes caught some family pictures involving human just beside the artwork collection. Curiousity got the better of him as he took five steps till he was directly in front of the picture. Sitting on an old chair was a man in his forties and a young woman in her thirties was sitting beside her husband and a little boy who looked so much like the man sat on the woman's laps and a young girl of about two years old sat on the man's laps. A closer look at the picture told him how much semblance he bore with the man in the picture. Beside the picture to the right was another family picture, where a father, mother and their three children were all photographed. At the side of the frame was inscribed; [/b]MAJOR GENERAL EZE AND FAMILY--HEAD OF STATE, 1985-1987--[/b]
Mark stared at the picture with keen interest and returning to the first family where he saw someone who looked like him, he saw a paper sticking out from underneathe the frame. He picked it up and read to himself; Colonel Mark Ashimolowo 'Anthony'-- De facto leader, 1985-1987.
Mark could feel his jaw tightened after reading the family name. Could this be the family whose completion he never enjoyed? Could this be the family he should have grown up with.
[b]But, do I have a sister?"

And just then, Rtd Major General Tukur strode into the living room, flanked by armed soldier.
"Hello Gentleman." He said to Mark who immediately left the pictures and walked over to their host.
"They look alike." Tukur joked and everyone bursted into laughter. "How are yoy my lady?"
"Am fine sir." Tina replied.
"N.A.T.U right?" He asked and Tina nodded in the affirmative.
"A cool agency, just what we needed id you ask me." Tukur remarked. "How is Andrew?"
"I suppose he is fine. He is no longer director at N.A.T.U." Tina replied.
While Tina was discussing with the possesive Tukur, Mark has his insides turning.
"Where is my family?" He asked himself. "mum sure has a lot of explaining to do."

--to be continued-
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by barackodam: 10:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
like seriously??.??

the inevitable is about to happen, i bet it, grace wont be able to tell lies, she'd just burst into tears, that is if Mark would ever get to ask her the question.

Lets go there bro!!!!!!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
One more update for the day. #typing
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by KingzPen(m): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
Check your tenses, Sir... And try to show more than tell the story... Less words but meaningful words would do the magic...

Example, you wrote:
Mark and Tina have been seated in the porshe and spacious living room belonging to Rtd Major General Tukur. Even though Makr hated to be kept waiting, but sitting down inside the living room, he kind of doesn't mind to be kept waiting for a while longer.

Could be better written:
Mark and Tina sat in the Porsche and spacious living room belonging to Rtd Major General Tukur. Mark didn't like to be kept waiting, but sitting in this exquisite living room, he could go days without moving an inch.

My 2 Kobo...

2 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
--continuation--
Jimmy walked out of his office with a sheepish smile on his face.
"Hey Mag." He called at his secretary who was working furiously on her computer. "Mag." He whispered standing between her and the window. This singular act forced Magaret to raise her head up and there she saw her boss smiling.
"Jim."
"Weldone." Jimmy said calmly.
All her life she has never seen someone as crazy as Jimmy. Despite the fact that he was at her mercy, regarding all he had planned out for the company, the Managing Director and his wife. And Magaret being the only living soul who knew about it all, he still felt confident speaking to her. Maybe she was just a toothless bull who lacked the courage to report Jimmy to the authorities, but who would believe her.
"You going out?" She asked after a minute of intent staring.
"Yeah. Are you drooling?" Jimmy asked.
"Why should I? You are not handsome, so forget it." Magaret replied jokingly.
"You know, I sometimes wonder how you will end up living your life." Jimmy said sitting on one of the two chairs in the office.
"Tell me more." Magaret smiled abandoning whatever she was doing on her computer in the first place.
"I mean, you sleep with me, as well as several other men. You might just end up marrying an old man who would die months after the wedding or someone in the lower class who would depend on you for everything. Your life seemed messed." Jimmy explained.
Realising how much damage he had done to Magaret whose countenance has changed, but the smile was still there.
"That was too harsh haba!" She said trying to sound normal, but deep down, Jimmy knew she was hurt.
"Just airing my opinion." Jimmy rose up, adjusted his tie. "How do I look?"
"Ugly." She laughed.
"See you later." He said as he made for the door.
"What would you get for me?" She asked pouting her lips like a kid begging for chocolate candy.
"Actually, am headed to the top floor. I need to see the CEO. But during the lunch hour, we could drive to town to see what we can get."
"Good idea! But, why do you want to see the CEO anyways?" She asked.
"I bet you don't wanna know." With this, he bounced out of the office.
Only a few people in the company have direct access to the CEO. While Jimmy was not supposed to be anywhere near the CEO, but since he was friends with the CEO's son-in-law, he was accorded respect.
Magaret knew Jimmy was up to no good and she vowed to launch a counter attack if he tried playing funny.
------------------------------------------
Mark Anthony was standing at the centre of the living room where Danny Lovato was seated to the left and John-Paul seated to the right.
"Paul, I wasn't expecting this from you. You should have proved you loyalty till the end." Anthony said.
"I did. Even after the coup, I went to Enugu, hoping to see you in Udi, but it was a futile attempt. I even went to Ogun state to see if you are in your family house, but sir, no one knew your whereabout. I was in contact with madam Grace for a decade after the incident as we exchange letters, but she never explained things to me. And I concluded that you are with her in America, from where her letters are always from." John explained.
Anthony was far from being satisfied.
"But you knew about the coup. Why couldn't you notify me? You knew that Eze was going to be toppled that night at Dodan barracks, but you kept mute and you were even with me until the last minute when Ahmed arrived with his boys. Paul, you were standing behind my wife and I inside the living room before she asked you to excuse us.... Paul, you were not loyal." Anthony poured out.
"I was loyal until the last minute. But the pressure to deliver your head was too much at the last minute. The coup plotters were everywhere and there was no way I could prove my loyalty without being killed." Paul explained like a weakling. Truly, he was a weakling before the now weak Mark Anthony. Afterall, the hand that moulded you have the power to destroy you.
"What can I do to redeem my loyalty. My son must not be inducted into Lovato's army." John-Paul pleaded to Anthony.
Anthony smacked his lips.
"There is this Mark Ashimolowo at N.A.T.U and another Christina James working with him. I want Christina's head and I want Mark here alive before the end of next week, then you have your son alive, failure to achieve that means your son will die and we return to how things were before." Anthony instructed.
"That's very easy. They work with me indirectly." General John Paul smiled for the first time.
"It is settled then." Lovato enthused from where he sat.

END OF CHAPTER 11
¤¤GOODNIGHT GUYS!¤¤

3 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
KingzPen:
Check your tenses, Sir... And try to show more than tell the story... Less words but meaningful words would do the magic...

Example, you wrote:
Mark and Tina have been seated in the porshe and spacious living room belonging to Rtd Major General Tukur. Even though Makr hated to be kept waiting, but sitting down inside the living room, he kind of doesn't mind to be kept waiting for a while longer.

Could be better written:

My 2 Kobo...
Na you be the baba for this game. Thanks boss!

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Sirme411(m): 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=Slimzjoe post=31183608]Ben Maurice Reminds me of a Certain Coward who is dead Now undecided[/quoteTalkin of Ojukwu ryt?.....tot Dee said....no dentin of Igbo Tribe
]
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=Sirme411 post=33293769][/quote]

I didn't mention any name....Did I? By the Way, I'm Ibo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
Na real kasala be this o. Well done bro.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princessadeola(f): 11:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
good one....... Good night
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princessadeola(f): 12:13am On May 01, 2015
Happy New Month
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by emmabest2000(m): 12:34am On May 01, 2015
Following
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by HRHF: 12:49am On May 01, 2015
am still way behind.. onemansquad and stuff46 hope una dy tidy the group.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 2:08am On May 01, 2015
stuff46:
Lol

Never heard of something like break in marriage? Onemansquad is that true? I know you to be a skirt chaser?
I thot u wer under treatment for ur chronic womanisin?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by HRHF: 2:45am On May 01, 2015
mama peace ur working nights totally not good for u so go to sleep
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by HRHF: 2:46am On May 01, 2015
Lilyomi:

I thot u wer under treatment for ur chronic womanisin?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kingphilip(m): 5:24am On May 01, 2015
omotalkie:
Dis Mark eh! Blunt fellow he is. At least he shudve told d wife to find any nearest hotel around and lodge till he's thru with wateva he's doing. Has he forgotten she's pregnant? Seems he never loved her anyway. He's in love with Tina already. Ride on Dee, I dey follow u everywhere u go lyk MTN
madam hwfa

Where dem throw u go
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kingphilip(m): 6:35am On May 01, 2015
Nice catching up with this piece I think u should just fix what kingzpen has said n it'll b just an Inch perfect

Nice work boss
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Holluwaphlexy(m): 7:15am On May 01, 2015
Op Hope Xay Dz Tori Wey We Dey Read So No Go End Up Half Way Lyk #the-Thomas-family,
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 7:21am On May 01, 2015
stuff46:
Lol

Never heard of something like break in marriage? Onemansquad is that true? I know you to be a skirt chaser?
if u no take ur time *u tink say na evrybdy b like u undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 7:23am On May 01, 2015
HRHF:
am still way behind.. onemansquad and stuff46 hope una dy tidy the group.
cos i don suggest 2 sweet stories 4 u 2 go read ,u no wan cum grp agn undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Sirme411(m): 7:41am On May 01, 2015
Slimzjoe:
His children are working for Anti terrorist unit??
And he's a terrorist......Dhix movie go badt!!
Nd Hu told u it's A Movie??

Sipping my Juice Ride On Oga Dee

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.