Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (317394 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
Shebarh:
life is just ok... wbu.. oga dee since morning no update.. u no try gahnnnn
Cut me some slacks na... Today is sunday, I deserve to stay away from typing na... Tomorrow, we resume
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
D9ty7 I couldn't agree more, NL spirit is gone for this of you who don't understand read All In A Circle again, there was life in it, motivation for dee to go on, but I don't see that here. But Dee that's not enuf reason to leave na embarassed we will organise memorial for your retirement tongue
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
tecno4life:
D9ty7 I couldn't agree more, NL spirit is gone for this of you who don't understand read All In A Circle again, there was life in it, motivation for dee to go on, but I don't see that here. But Dee that's not enuf reason to leave na embarassed we will organise memorial for your retirement tongue
That's it bro.
But retirement ke? I am not retiring yet, how old am I? Moreover, this is one thing I enjoy doing and my life, joy and happiness revolves round pen and paper. Nairaland was in existence before I joined as a writer, when I leave, Nairaland go still remain. Soldier come soldier go, barrack remain.
Who knows maybe I am going into being a published writer? Hardcopy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 6:11am On Jun 15, 2015
D9ty7:

And the ban wey u go chop ehn! Oga s.eun sef plead on ur behalf.
I knw d story has taken a lot of time, probably because Nairaland has lost it, the spirit is dead... This might be my last work here, so, am trying to move unto greater things... That explains why the story is dragging.

Baba, i understand. Lets make this last story a memorable one grin grin

I didnt get Thomas concluding part, dunno what i did wrong.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 6:52am On Jun 15, 2015
D9ty7:

That's it bro.
But retirement ke? I am not retiring yet, how old am I? Moreover, this is one thing I enjoy doing and my life, joy and happiness revolves round pen and paper. Nairaland was in existence before I joined as a writer, when I leave, Nairaland go still remain. Soldier come soldier go, barrack remain.

If you go into hardcopy contact me on WhatsApp, in fact when you love tell me where you are going I can't stay without your stories. U are right, when you leave no will still exist, but it will not be the same. cry
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 6:56am On Jun 15, 2015
D9ty7 you dey send Thomas family to some of your fans you no send for me cry wetin I do na?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:23am On Jun 15, 2015
stuff46:

Baba, i understand. Lets make this last story a memorable one grin grin

I didnt get Thomas concluding part, dunno what i did wrong.
No vex abeg. To say I forgot is an understatement. I'll hit you up later in the day.

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:24am On Jun 15, 2015
tecno4life:
D9ty7 you dey send Thomas family to some of your fans you no send for me cry wetin I do na?
You dey follow The Thomas ni?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 9:24am On Jun 15, 2015
Dee man.... No vex bout d Derailing, na just say me n my boiz (Onemansquad n stuff46) are gettn bored
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 9:52am On Jun 15, 2015
D9ty7:
I just dey look all of you derailing my thread. If the mods hit you with ban, no complain o.
dee wat happened na,, frm no 9 of d thomas family is nt opening
Its saying page nt found
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 9:53am On Jun 15, 2015
seconded
tecno4life:

If you go into hardcopy contact me on WhatsApp, in fact when you love tell me where you are going I can't stay without your stories. U are right, when you leave no will still exist, but it will not be the same. cry
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 10:04am On Jun 15, 2015
NL is still instresting to me tho..but just dat d literature section and romance section is now very boring.. its only d9ty7,Juliet and tiffanyj dat is making it interesting and when dis writers r done with der work den d lit section is going to be WACK
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by labaski(f): 10:11am On Jun 15, 2015
D9ty7:

No vex abeg. To say I forgot is an understatement. I'll hit you up later in the day.
dee dee dee.. Na 3 times I call u ooo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2015
kwencypresh:
dee wat happened na,, frm no 9 of d thomas family is nt opening
Its saying page nt found
Click next
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 10:34am On Jun 15, 2015
D9ty7:
Click next
k
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:43am On Jun 15, 2015
kwencypresh:
k
working?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by daveP(m): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
D9ty7:

That's it bro.

(walks out of strategic peeping zone. Approaches the stage and claps twice, the wall on the stage moves and spins slowly to reveal An Orchestra Band all in sky blue regalia with a touch of yellow. He takes the wand and the band chants Handel's famous "Halleluyah" Chorus in unified vibrancy) Finally!!!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
D9ty7:
working?
nop
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
daveP:

(walks out of strategic peeping zone. Approaches the stage and claps twice, the wall on the stage moves and spins slowly to reveal An Orchestra Band all in sky blue regalia with a touch of yellow. He takes the wand and the band chants Handel's famous "Halleluyah" Chorus in unified vibrancy) Finally!!!
daveP?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by daveP(m): 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
D9ty7:

dave.P?
D9ty!! grin

that moment when gareth bale brightened Wales' chance of qualification. I share that kind of moment wif him thus d ^^ dram.......

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Psalmwise(m): 5:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
Skimpledawg:

We gud ova hia man.... Me just surprised dah u nt going up n down sharing beans in threads
things naim hook me down

don't worry you shall witness d return of psalmwise and his pot of beans
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2015
see u
Psalmwise:
things naim hook me down

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
dee it opened bt all of dem er d same from dat 9 to d last
D9ty7:

daveP?
pls and pls send me d concluding part
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by yettielicious(f): 6:36pm On Jun 15, 2015
D9ty7 is claiming dat life is not in this story as it was in all in a circle... Dis story is far better than all in a circle. But u were not as dedicated to it as u were in all in a circle... Duriing d days of all in a circle there was no day u did not update... I understand u av life out of. Nairaland pls try to be more dedicated nd give enough update at least an update in a day... U will see d change nd life u wish to see in this story...its my opinion though
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 6:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
Psalmwise:
things naim hook me down

Koloism grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
Its no more moving, page 22 was d last veiw page
D9ty7:

Click next
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
yettielicious:
D9ty7 is claiming dat life is not in this story as it was in all in a circle... Dis story is far better than all in a circle. But u were not as dedicated to it as u were in all in a circle... Duriing d days of all in a circle there was no day u did not update... I understand u av life out of. Nairaland pls try to be more dedicated nd give enough update at least an update in a day... U will see d change nd life u wish to see in this story...its my opinion though
You have a point there tho. But I can only be dedicated when I see the response from the readers.
You know what kept me running when I was posting ALL IN A CIRCLE? The comments.
Not just the you are the bomb comment or you are the grenade, but the differences in preferences of the readers. As early as chapter 6, some people wanted Rachel dead, some wanted her to live. By the time we got to the 16-17th chapter, no one wanted her dead again, cos she has given birth. And when no one was expecting phew! I took her life.
While some people wanted Clement to succeed, some loved the personality and charisma in the character, Kelvin(Danger-kelv)
I believe you understand my point. That time, mere reading comments from some people with different thought, I will just start typing and in 30mins, I will drop two updates.
And I won't forget the relentless efforts of Tecno4life. Jeez! Even though he was guilty of derailing the thread, I sometimes enjoy his posts.
All the above is absent in this story.
If you followed my other story; THE THOMAS. When I started, I was dropping an update or more per week, later, I switched to an update per day, then came two readers who will spend hours arguing and debating the turn of event in the story. Mere reading their argument, I will just pick up my phone and start typing.
I can't motivate myself, I can't be dedicated to something that I can't place. If the readers started commenting regularly, I will definitely update regularly.
During ALL IN A CIRCLE, waking up in the morning, I open the thread to see the comments first, cos I knew there would be at least fifteen comments, with this story, I have gone three days without opening the thread.
My dedication is up to you guys!
Jeez! This is almost the size of an update.

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 9:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
D9ty7:

You have a point there tho. But I can only be dedicated when I see the response from the readers.
You know what kept me running when I was posting ALL IN A CIRCLE? The comments.
Not just the you are the bomb comment or you are the grenade, but the differences in preferences of the readers. As early as chapter 6, some people wanted Rachel dead, some wanted her to live. By the time we got to the 16-17th chapter, no one wanted her dead again, cos she has given birth. And when no one was expecting phew! I took her life.
While some people wanted Clement to succeed, some loved the personality and charisma in the character, Kelvin(Danger-kelv)
I believe you understand my point. That time, mere reading comments from some people with different thought, I will just start typing and in 30mins, I will drop two updates.
And I won't forget the relentless efforts of Tecno4life. Jeez! Even though he was guilty of derailing the thread, I sometimes enjoy his posts.
All the above is absent in this story.
If you followed my other story; THE THOMAS. When I started, I was dropping an update or more per week, later, I switched to an update per day, then came two readers who will spend hours arguing and debating the turn of event in the story. Mere reading their argument, I will just pick up my phone and start typing.
I can't motivate myself, I can't be dedicated to something that I can't place. If the readers started commenting regularly, I will definitely update regularly.
During ALL IN A CIRCLE, waking up in the morning, I open the thread to see the comments first, cos I knew there would be at least fifteen comments, with this story, I have gone three days without opening the thread.
My dedication is up to you guys!
Jeez! This is almost the size of an update.
how do u xpct us to comment wen u hardly update.. dis is just page 65 of d story yet d story never too reach anywhere like dat... dis story is very interesting and d suspense is too much but yet uv not updated... sorry to say but d fault is also from u..at least wen u update we will comment

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by okalo(m): 9:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
Shebarh:
how do u xpct us to comment wen u hardly update.. dis is just page 65 of d story yet d story never too reach anywhere like dat... dis story is very interesting and d suspense is too much but yet uv not updated... sorry to say but d fault is also from u..at least wen u update we will comment
seconded
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2015
Shebarh:
And you just made it look like I don't update at all.
My not updating began at the end of April and even before then, you don't comment everyday, the poster who quoted you, maybe this is his first post on this thread.
You get my drift?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by lauda(f): 10:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
Deee Dearie! Please come and update Oh!
My phone developed a fault since Friday, you needed to see the way I shouted on the repairer just to get the phone today, all because of You!
pls try and update I want to know what happened to Chris, Please!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
D9ty7:

And you just made it look like I don't update at all.
My not updating began at the end of April and even before then, you don't comment everyday, the poster who quoted you, maybe this is his first post on this thread.
You get my drift?
ask and it shall be given, now you've ask, they will give it to you as you want it

Harjibolar is around

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.