Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? (46276 Views)

Where Was God On September 11th? / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? / If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by lolaxavier(m): 2:35am On Mar 08, 2015
Amefrica:

'Has' not 'have'

Thank you jare. The guy just dey chew 'have' for mouth like kolanut.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Temysteve(m): 2:44am On Mar 08, 2015
Our God is a supernatural God.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 08, 2015
evesdon4u:
I honestly pity you OP, I want to assure you that if you follow down this path of devilish enquiry, I bet you that the thunder that will strike you very soon will not be of this world!

Isn't it embarrassing that most theist openly admit that their religion opposes sincere enquiry and research. If that's not close-mindedness and fear of knowledge, then I don't know what is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 2:47am On Mar 08, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

"If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down." --------- Uncle Darwin

I think avian respiration gives uncle Darwin a run for his money.

I don't know much about the avian RS but now you've brought it up I won't mind looking into it.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:57am On Mar 08, 2015
When rapture takes place , the atheists be like ... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by musicwriter(m): 2:59am On Mar 08, 2015
DProDG:

Simply an opinion with no supporting evidence. If I decide to argue that Krishna would truly "be" all the time, how is it any different?

And that's the concept of omnicient collapsing in on itself.

Krishna is beyond matter because she's a spirit

Did he also reveal himself to Stephen Hawking? Belief in God and science are two seperate things. One is based on faith, the other, evidence.

It's odd that I actually agree with your closing statement; it was, but I do not see the relevance. If anything, it backfired and ended up discrediting most rerligious beliefs. Bye smiley

Yes, science isn't competing with religion neither is religion competing with science. Agreed, there're 2 different things with different views. This's why I don't even like to engage in this sort of argument cause it's a waste of time and energy. At the end of the day it's rather about what you believe, and what I believe.

Having said that.............

Steve Hawkins is a baby scientist. All his works including Einstein's were based on Newtons works.

And, you're wrong that it used to be because many scientists still do believe in God today. Many centuries after Newton and Copernicus and others died astronauts read the bible on the moon.

They began reading the bible on the moon when they got there for the first time and was shocked to discoverer the state of the moon was as desolate, almost as described in Genesis.

The first men on the moon reading Genesis chapter 1 - 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwI4s97S_fQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5QwuYKIgQ

More details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8_Genesis_reading

You folks always feel embarrassed when reminded scientists who do believe in God.

These are facts. And all you have to do is deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by olayem01(m): 3:12am On Mar 08, 2015
God has been existing befor the age of time
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by tevinsolt: 3:15am On Mar 08, 2015
My mind is the only resource I have in understanding my surroundings. If everything I have witnessed in Life has been created by someone, it a big leap of faith to think a more intelligent higher being created us. for the short sighted bozos, there can't be infinite regression of causes, the first cause uncaused is what I call God.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Kay17: 3:22am On Mar 08, 2015
IS it a coincidence for God to possess both an omnipotent will and a creative mind?

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by fitzfrankses7(m): 3:22am On Mar 08, 2015
I would like to be educated by atheists on paranormal activities... Had enough of theist views

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:24am On Mar 08, 2015
DProDG:
Again displaying misunderstanding of basic principles of evolution. If you really wanted to know all these, you know where to find more precise explanations, but since you can't navigate the internet, let me help you.

By 'millions of testing' I believe e was referring to natural selection, not sure, maybe better wording would have been good. Yes, there are 'failures' in evolution, hence NS. Also, there is nothing like a 'perfect* combination', only a suitable* one.

I didn't create my theory. IF YOU HAD read a biology textbook on symbiosis prior to this, you wouldn't have said that. It's another guiding force in evolution and explains the bee-flower relationship you're talking about perfectly so I'll assume you're willfully ignorant for this.

Exactly, "humans like us". How do you expect the same specie of primates to posses extremely different physical structures? IF YOU HAD researched that, you wouldn't have bothered asking. Eskimos have a modified homeostasis that helps them cope with the cold. It's significantly different from that of people from temperate climate. Same case with people that live on high attitudes, eg Tibetians(they posses more red blood cells etc), people living in desert regions, etc. You should know that the timescales for evolution involves millions of years(millions of generations) so for any more structures or speciation to be observed, it'll 'take a while'. Again, willfully ignorant or I'll just assume you searched and did not find explanations, so there. You're welcome.

Wow wow wow! If you were in primary school I'll understand but I highly doubt that. Nope, Europe's temps even in summer(3months long) hardly ever compares to that of most of Africa. Europeans aren't going to 'turn black' just because it gets hot in July, same for blacks turning white in January. Even with a more severe climate, it'll still 'take a while' thanks to the long time scales evolution proposes as mentioned above.

I have no idea what you meant with the remote and TV. Evolution occurs as a result of genetic information acquired. That's pretty much the most obvious thing to know about it and yet you seem to miss it.

It's ridiculous you compare reproduction with evolution. Shows how much you know about either of them.

Yes, fossils are, and you say they aren't because...? And please, anything but quotes from the bible. Why not read a real book(a science book) and quote from it? If you really want to challenge evolution, at least ask REASONABLE questions or just ones that do not have obvious explanations. No one said the theory is perfect, there's a lot we still do not know and understand. Why not start from there? I'm not gonna start on how ridiculous the bible is, I'll leave that for another day.

There's a high PROBABILITY that aliens exist, just haven't been discovered yet. I'm wondering how that's relevant. I hope you're not going to bring up area 51 and tinfoil hat crazy sh#t.

And what's wrong with that? If I re-wrote something that gives a better understanding and you can't tell what's wrong with the analogy...how then is it wrong . You've been using the internet for a long time so I expect you to know more.

Never said they were all silly, was referring to yours in particular. Learn the definition of a SCIENTIFIC THEORY. The only reason they aren't accepted by people like you is because they contradict beliefs you hold dearly. Unfortunately, science is not based on beliefs. I know science is not a popularity contest either but while some "scientists" deny evolution(for whatever biased reasons), I'm pretty sure more than 99.9% agree with it.

Lol...make me look silly? Sorry but it's too late for that 'cause I've already done that to you. I'm glad your at least current enough to know about the underground oceans found. Kudos! Googling 'transitional fossils' will really help you. You're tending towards the god of the gaps, big mistake. Which facts concerning the BB or Evolution have been disproven please? No dumb questions, cite sources this time.

walahi I just saw this now , and you still don't make sense to me . EVOLUTION IS A THEORY . And stop telling me to read a science book because you garnered your knowledge from youtube videos and dumb atheists' sites .They way you regurgitated these "facts" from the internet also find their opposite (which will be my response ) ... and wait

-ben carson is a christian and was one of the world's best neurosurgeons(science) ... a hell of other scientists are christians
-google heatwave in europe
-il create a thread on pre-adamic creations
-just like you get immune to diseases like chicken pox, the bodies of the eskimos "got immune" to the cold conditions
-its obvious you don't know what natural selection is all about , keep shut

=[size=16pt]What happened before the big bang ?[/size]

Diseases are still threats to the survival of life , natural selection hasn't got any answer to this yet --man should have evolved to withstand diseases according to natural selection
... more are coming still ...

Its obvious you skipped the parts you couldn't answer ,now go back and do your homework and answer in bits . Am enjoying this walahi grin grin grin

When rapture takes place , atheists be like...

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Kay17: 3:26am On Mar 08, 2015
Mattpopson101:
“In the beginning . . .” is when time began! There was no time before time was created!

There was no “before” God created. There was not even “nothing”! There was God existing in eternity.

Baba GOD just dey flex on his own

God is the great “I AM.” He exists in eternity. He was not created.
King James Bible Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

But you would agree with me that 'before' the Creation and 'during' the Creation, are two separate events, right? If you don't agree with me, then you must believe they are the same event. If you agree with me, then how can you conceive both events without the aid of time.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 3:30am On Mar 08, 2015
musicwriter:

Steve Hawkins is a baby scientist. All his works including Einstein's was based on Newtons works.

Never said my man New-T wasn't 'da sh"t', the dude's got a damn unit named after him! But saying Steve is 'a baby' just 'cause his works are based on previous established scientific facts sounds like a joke. Newton paved the way in which other scientist today follow. That's how science works. Did you expect his laws to be discarded and Hawkings to start from scratch? He is arguably the greatest scientist of our time and I believe that's a big deal for a man in a wheelchair and a robotic voice.

And, you're wrong that it used to be because many scientists still do believe in God today. Many centuries after Newton and Copernicus and others died astronauts read the bible on the moon.

The first men on the moon reading Genesis chapter 1 - 10.

More details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8_Genesis_reading

WOW! You mean 'Murica the most religious country in the west had Christian astronauts in the 60s? shocked
Although it's not a big deal, A LOT of scientists are atheists so you're wrong.
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/242880059_Leading_scientists_still_reject_God
http://www.pewforum.org/2009/11/05/scientists-and-belief/

You folks always feel embarrassed when reminded scientists who do believe in God.

This are facts. And all you have to do is deal with it.

I for one do not, especially since this isn't true.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by musicwriter(m): 3:39am On Mar 08, 2015
DProDG:

Never said my man New-T wasn't 'da sh"t', the dude's got a damn unit named after him! But saying Steve is 'a baby' just 'cause his works are based on previous established scientific facts sounds like a joke. Newton paved the way in which other scientist today follow. That's how science works. Did you expect his laws to be discarded and Hawkings to start from scratch? He is arguably the greatest scientist of our time and I believe that's a big deal for a man in a wheelchair and a robotic voice.

WOW! You mean 'Murica the most religious country in the west had Christian astronauts in the 60s? shocked
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/242880059_Leading_scientists_still_reject_God

No need going round and round in circles, my friend. As I told you earlier it's all about what you believe, and what I believe. Not about facts or no facts. With all the facts in the world about God you will still believe what you want to believe, likewise myself. So, it doesn't worth it.

But why does the scientist that opened up empirical knowledge into the universe also happen to be someone that believed in God?. Another coincidence?.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by fitzfrankses7(m): 3:40am On Mar 08, 2015
DProDG:

Please kindly educate me on paranormal activities
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 3:40am On Mar 08, 2015
lolaxavier:

Thank you jare. The guy just dey chew 'have' for mouth like kolanut.

Lol @ kolanut grin
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Mattpopson101: 3:41am On Mar 08, 2015
Lmao this one wey u con talk don pass my own thinking
Kay17:

But you would agree with me that 'before' the Creation and 'during' the Creation, are two separate events, right? If you don't agree with me, then you must believe they are the same event. If you agree with me, then how can you conceive both events without the aid of time.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Kay17: 3:44am On Mar 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

My God exists outside them. It simply means God has no beginning and end, the Alpha and Omega , he made space , time , matter.

You need to change your church and witness the true God . Stop visiting street churches who have obvious reasons why they spring up !!!

Why does God create time, if time was not necessary for him?

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Kay17: 3:49am On Mar 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

walahi I just saw this now , and you still don't make sense to me . EVOLUTION IS A THEORY . And stop telling me to read a science book because you garnered your knowledge from youtube videos and dumb atheists' sites .They way you regurgitated these "facts" from the internet also find their opposite (which will be my response ) ... and wait

-ben carson is a christian and was one of the world's best neurosurgeons(science) ... a hell of other scientists are christians
-just like you get immune to diseases like chicken pox, the bodies of the eskimos "got immune" to the cold conditions

=What happened before the big bang ?Still no answer to this
Diseases are still threats to the survival of life , natural selection hasn't got any answer to this yet --man should have evolved to withstand =diseases according to natural selection

Its obvious you skipped the parts you couldn't answer ,now go back and do your homework and answer in bits . Am enjoying this walahi grin grin grin

How do you explain the biological diversity of life on Earth?

How do migratory species survive in other environments?

Is there a correlation between a species' design and its environment?

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Kay17: 3:55am On Mar 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
When rapture takes place , the atheists be like ... grin grin grin

From my understanding of Darwin's theory, all Life has a single root. But that has nothing to do with theology. God could easily have germinated the seeds of life and they naturally sprout into the diverse branches of life. The focus of the thread was to determine the nature of God along with time. In the absence of time, God must either exist in a single moment or in an infinity. Which do you agree to?

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:00am On Mar 08, 2015
Kay17:

How do you explain the biological diversity of life on Earth?

How do migratory species survive in other environments?

Is there a correlation between a species' design and its environment?
man which side are you on please , atheist ?
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by tete7000(m): 4:01am On Mar 08, 2015
Nobody created God. God existed before time began. It takes faith without which no man can please God to believe this. St. Paul says ' And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.' - (Heb 11:6). It is not by reasoning that we come to know He exists but rather by pushing our pride away and start believing. Afterwards, our understanding of His being becomes clearer to us because He rewards faith and not arrogance. He created us and our capacity to reason and He is thus too big to fit into our skull and be reasoned out. Let whoever doubts start believing first, ask God for illumination and see how much of God he/she will then come to understand.

The first tactics of the devil in luring people away is to create doubts about existence of God in their hearts. Sadly, God owes no one the duty of forcing them to be convinced of His existence. He exists and whatever anyone believes or refuses to believe changes nothing about that fact. At the appointed time, everyone will be judge by whatever he/she believes or refuses to believe. Our doubt about God will not stop us from being judged. He who have ears let him hear (Matthew 13:9)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by blym4real: 4:03am On Mar 08, 2015
lolaxavier:

Man cheesy
Anyway, just teasing...
As for me, there's no reason for me to dig unnecessarily into questions as such but at the same time, I won't go with an ideology that cannot be proven with evidence. I am a practical man. In a nutshell, the concept of god is a hollow lie.
Do you believe in african voodoo ?
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 4:04am On Mar 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.
source -wikipedia

How is the source of my knowledge relevant in this scenario. If I read about quantum physics from a grafitti in a ghetto and it happens to explain the concepts perfectly, how is it...wrong? You didn't refute anything. Only said it doesn't make sense to you, which isn't surprising.

-Refer to my other posts on why the religious beliefs of a scientist are irrelevant and demographics of religion and atheism in the scientific community.
-It's funny you think a heatwave in Europe(currently not happening) is going to turn caucasians into negros
-Looking forward to see you reject more concepts you clearly do not understand.
-lmao! I can bet my grandma's left kidney that you made that up right on the spot! It'll be redundant to even respond to that.
- lipsrsealed

=What happened before the big bang ?Still no answer to this

Well, people that really want to know are working on it. Who said science has all the answers?

Diseases are still threats to the survival of life , natural selection hasn't got any answer to this yet --man should have evolved to withstand =diseases according to natural selection

Wow, I remember you saying I know nothing about NS, now you say this? In a population where people are resistant to say measles, those who catch it will die(well some) while those who don't will pass their resistive genes on. That's what NS says...easy as ABC but still...
It's also helpful to include that new disease causing viruses, bacteria, fungus etc evolve, hence, it's impossible to get rid of diseases as a whole.

Skipped? I quoted every single word of the bullshit you spouted. Don't try to act like you actually said something smart and I skipped it. Don't embarrass yourself any further.

When rapture takes place, atheists will be glad we won't have to deal with people like you anymore...

3 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:17am On Mar 08, 2015
DProDG:

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.
source -wikipedia

How is the source of my knowledge relevant in this scenario. If I read about quantum physics from a grafitti in a ghetto and it happens to explain the concepts perfectly, how is it...wrong? You didn't refute anything. Only said it doesn't make sense to you, which isn't surprising.

-Refer to my other posts on why the religious beliefs of a scientist are irrelevant and demographics of religion and atheism in the scientific community.
-It's funny you think a heatwave in Europe(currently not happening) is going to turn caucasians into negros
-Looking forward to see you reject more concepts you clearly do not understand.
-lmao! I can bet my grandma's left kidney that you made that up right on the spot! It'll be redundant to even respond to that.
- lipsrsealed

Well, people that really want to know are working on it. Who said science has all the answers?

Wow, I remember you saying I know nothing about NS, now you say this? In a population where people are resistant to say measles, those who catch it will die(well some) while those who don't will pass their resistive genes on. That's what NS says...easy as ABC but still...

Skipped? I quoted every single word of the bullshit you spouted. Don't try to act like you actually said something smart and I skipped it. Don't embarrass yourself any further.

When rapture takes place, atheists will be glad we won't have to deal with people like you anymore...

heatwave was to explain extreme weather conditions in europe lipsrsealed
dude that's "partial" variation not "full" selection , your answer is quite myopic ,considering I had a better reply from foreign atheists when I threw the question at them

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Agimor(m): 4:20am On Mar 08, 2015
God is a spirit who exist of his own self.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 4:21am On Mar 08, 2015
musicwriter:

But why does the scientist that opened up empirical knowledge into the universe also happen to be someone that believed in God?. Another coincidence?.

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people from the 17th century believed in God. It was the best, if not the only explanation to the phenomenon they observed. If that doesn't answer your question,,, Newton pioneered classical physics. There were dozens of religious scientists who enquired about the universe prior to him. The only difference is he was more vocal about his religious beliefs and of course his works are one of the most important in physics today.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:23am On Mar 08, 2015
DProDG:

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people from the 17th century believed in God. It was the best, if not the only explanation to the phenomenon they observed. If that doesn't answer your question,,, Newton pioneered classical physics. There were dozens of religious scientists who enquired about the universe prior to him. The only difference is he was more vocal about his religious beliefs and of course his works are one of the most important in physics today.

Laws of physics didn't just coincidentally fall in line , there's a reason behind that - God
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by AJOT99(m): 4:24am On Mar 08, 2015
Question for mad people!
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 4:25am On Mar 08, 2015
Ishilove:
Err, you don wanna go there. The more you look the less you see...

Why are you afraid of going there? Scared you will realize that everything you ever believed in is a lie?

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

heatwave was to explain extreme weather conditions in europe lipsrsealed
dude that's "partial" variation not "full" selection , your answer is quite myopic ,considering I had a better reply from foreign atheists when I threw the question at them

I think you mean climate change

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Youths Beat Fake Pastor In Cross River, Burn His Church (Photos) / 85-year-old Reverend Iloh Remarries 74-year-old Wife (photo) / Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.