Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? (46276 Views)

Where Was God On September 11th? / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? / If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Laws of physics didn't just coincidentally fall in line , there's a reason behind that - God

That's blatant god-of-the-gaps fallacy. Do I have to explain why that's wrong too?

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:33am On Mar 08, 2015
DProDG:

I think you mean climate change

you keep misunderstanding some of my posts bro , swerving out of context sad ... the people that had measles died because of their genetic variations . Selection makes it possible to bring forth a completely healthy man which is non susceptible to diseases that are able to hinder his continual survival in his environment as regards to what I earlier meant..you grab this new side we dey now ?

you were a christian before right? give me tough questions ... lets see the root of the problem

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by musicwriter(m): 4:36am On Mar 08, 2015
DProDG:

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people from the 17th century believed in God. It was the best, if not the only explanation to the phenomenon they observed. If that doesn't answer your question,,, Newton pioneered classical physics. There were dozens of religious scientists who enquired about the universe prior to him. The only difference is he was more vocal about his religious beliefs and of course his works are one of the most important in physics today.

There have never been anytime in the history of man that 99% of people believed in God. There have always been as many atheists. As a matter of fact, believing in God could've got many a death sentence within that time. There was no other person that paved the way for Isaac Newton "empirically. It was all talks and speculations until Newton emerged. Once inspired by God as he was sitting under an apple tree and an apple fell on his head, that was the beginning of physics. Isaac Newton created physics, and also a branch or mathematics called calculus.

Meanwhile, you didn't answer my question.

Again, do you think it's a coincidence Isaac Newton believed in God?.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by walozanga(m): 4:38am On Mar 08, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Exactly! Man first came before any "god". Give yourself the credit for once wink.

Wat credit. Then who created man
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 4:44am On Mar 08, 2015
fitzfrankses7:

Please kindly educate me on paranormal activities

Personally I don't believe in the supernatural(I think this should have been clear from my previous posts) but I'm open to the idea. In other words, I think everything has a scientific explanation. Because we do not know how something happened, doesn't mean ghosts exists.

I've heard a lot of supernatural/paranormal claims and a vast majority have been debunked/proven false and/or understood. I'll admit there are some that remain mysteries...for now

Some people believe in ghosts/ogbanje/mamiwater etc because they've had 'encounters'. These are all subjective things and I'll have to experience them myself(I have, some) to believe. Not to mention people aren't always honest and my little knowledge about how the brain functions and how easily it can be manipulated make me acknowledge that what we sometimes percieve as supernatural might be our brain messing with us.

If you've had an experience and seek real answers, I'll strongly suggest you ask scientists(or a rationalist/sceptic) rather than a pastor 'fore they can always make things up or even use it as a means of exploitation.

Sorry for the bloated explanation but hope it helped grin

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by otipoju(m): 4:55am On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:

All gods have the same origins - the imagination of man.

And where did man come from and where is he headed
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 4:57am On Mar 08, 2015
musicwriter:

There have never been anytime in the history of man that 99% of people believed in God. As a matter of fact, believing in God could've got many a death sentence within that time. There was no other person that paved the way for Isaac Newton "empirically. It was all talks and speculations until Newton emerged. Once inspired by God as he was sitting under an apple tree and an apple fell on his head, that was the beginning of physics. Isaac Newton created physics, and also a branch or mathematics called calculus.

Meanwhile, you didn't answer my question.

Again, do you think it's a coincidence Isaac Newton believed in God?.

Lol dude, I'm pretty sure believing in God was the 'it thing' then and getting excuted was for the opposite reason. Maybe not everyone in history have believed in the same god but EVERY medievil civilisation had their own religion. This was before the time of Darwin, just after the crusades, when people probably argued about the shape of the earth as they do with evolution now. So it's nothing unique about a scientist from then believing in God.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 5:04am On Mar 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

you keep misunderstanding some of my posts bro , swerving out of context sad ... the people that had measles died because of their genetic variations . Selection makes it possible to bring forth a completely healthy man which is non susceptible to diseases that are able to hinder his continual survival in his environment as regards to what I earlier meant..you grab this new side we dey now ?

you were a christian before right? give me tough questions ... lets see the root of the problem

Lol, I was never devout so the reasons I left religion isn't really deep and I'm not ready for a reconversion. Let's just say I'm close-minded to anything outside of science. Religious beliefs just couldn't fit in so I dropped it.

You already know my take on the beginning of the bible(creation story). Everything else falls apart from there and that's really bad for a 300+ page book. Read my post on paranomal activities if you wanna know more about my stance.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by sufido123: 5:08am On Mar 08, 2015
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

― Epicurus

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by brianibok: 5:16am On Mar 08, 2015
These comments....lol

Definitely on team created by intelligent design. The one thing that should be pointed out is the way we, as 3d life forms experience time (linear) is or may not be true in other dimensions. Our understanding of a 'beginning' or 'end' is finite and could all very well be irrelevant in other planes.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by musicwriter(m): 5:17am On Mar 08, 2015
DProDG:

Lol dude, I'm pretty sure believing in God was the 'it thing' then and getting excuted was for the opposite reason. Maybe not everyone in history have believed in the same god but EVERY medievil civilisation had their own religion. This was before the time of Darwin, just after the crusades, when people probably argued about the shape of the earth as they do with evolution now. So it's nothing unique about a scientist from then believing in God.

For your information, Newton and co scientists in the scientific revolution era were also always challenged by atheist scientists even then. I'm sure you don't know what you're talking about people being killed for not believing in God cause historical facts shows people at that era were being killed for simple things as reading the bible in England!. Please Google the era people were being killed for reading the bible in England or and the Roman empire and other parts of the world.

I will end it here since you don't want to answer my question.

Good night/ morning
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by vale20: 5:17am On Mar 08, 2015
God is an uncreatable creator

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by hotice01: 5:20am On Mar 08, 2015
....if you ask me,na who I go ask.....
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Solozzo(m): 5:24am On Mar 08, 2015
Horus:

If God created the universe simply for the Earth he wasted a lot of material on the project. There are an estimate 100 billion solar systems in our galaxy and over 1 million galaxies in the universe. That's a lot of material just to maintain one, healthy planet. Even if God is all-powerful, he is either a very poor planner or we have seriously misidentified our significance to him.

Good observation! Imagine wastage of millions of sperms in order for one to fertilise an egg.

Until we are able to understand the reason, and not only the how we came to exist we cannot understand the concept of god. Attributing existence of things to god signifies our mental laziness and frustrations.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by arimahoseloka(m): 5:24am On Mar 08, 2015
Horus:

If God created the universe simply for the Earth he wasted a lot of material on the project. There are an estimate 100 billion solar systems in our galaxy and over 1 million galaxies in the universe. That's a lot of material just to maintain one, healthy planet. Even if God is all-powerful, he is either a very poor planner or we have seriously misidentified our significance to him.
really? God a poor planner? u mean u look @ the world and solar system and u say God is a poor planner? Na wa o. this Ur reasoning I really don't have anything 2 say 2 u sha.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Solozzo(m): 5:30am On Mar 08, 2015
Jameselias:
And to make matter worse where were u before u were born.?

That's simple question. Half of you existed an ovum/egg in your mum and the other half was a sperm in your dad.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 08, 2015
musicwriter:

For your information, Newton and co scientists in the scientific revolution era were also always challenged by atheist scientists even then. I'm sure you don't know what you're talking about people being killed for not believing in God cause historical facts shows people at that era were being killed for simple things as reading the bible in England!. Please Google the era people were being killed for reading the bible in England or and the Roman empire and other parts of the world.

I will end it here since you don't want to answer my question.

Good night/ morning

I'm not sure you can name any atheist scientist of that era. Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't mind being corrected. It's odd you claim most scientists from the past were atheists and currently, most are theists while the reverse is the obvious case(check the links I posted). I know enough about the inquisitions to point out that cathars were the ones killed and by the catholics. Never heard of atheists persecuting theists in medieval times. I've answered your question, TWICE.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 5:37am On Mar 08, 2015
arimahoseloka:
really? God a poor planner? u mean u look @ the world and solar system and u say God is a poor planner? Na wa o. this Ur reasoning I really don't have anything 2 say 2 u sha.

You do realise that most of the earth and obviously the rest of the known universe is unhabitable, right? If not for innovations and technology, we'll probably be extinct. If your God really created this world for us, he did a really bad job.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Solozzo(m): 5:47am On Mar 08, 2015
macof:

It's much more hilarious to note that you claim it's impossible for something to be made out of nothing but quick to conclude ur god came out of nothing and created the universe out of nothing

Quite moronic if u ask me

Science claimed that the universe came out of nothing about 14 billion yrs ago. There was no space and no time before the Big Bang. So what led to the Big Bang? There may have been a concentrated infinitesimal point of energy, perhaps a previously collapsed black hole, signifying the foreverness of existence. Thus God may have no beginning too.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Solozzo(m): 6:00am On Mar 08, 2015
macof:

Oh pls make it clear. How a thing can exist outside space and time, more so how it speaks and interacts with u Christians from far away outside of space
is there even an outside to space? such things only exist in our imagination

How about the Big Bang? Something must have existed outside space and time that kicked off the expansion and creation of energy, hydrogen , lithium and some beryllium with space and time. Quantum physics adopts some of tge principles that religion talks about. For example existence of energy and particles in two places at the same time; achieve speeds faster than light; come into existence from nothing.

The universe appears disorderly but there us a background of order and purpose. The descriptions of gods and spirits are primitive origins of quantum physics.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 08, 2015
See atheist everywhere I don't know why they don't just have simple logic in them they're even worst here most of the people here don't believe in God... Remember Gods not dead...
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 08, 2015
Solozzo:

How about the Big Bang? Something must have existed outside space and time that kicked off the expansion and creation of energy, hydrogen , lithium and some beryllium with space and time. Quantum physics adopts some of tge principles that religion talks about. For example existence of energy and particles in two places at the same time; achieve speeds faster than light; come into existence from nothing.

The universe appears disorderly but there us a background of order and purpose. The descriptions of gods and spirits are primitive origins of quantum physics.
I don't understand anything in what you posted..
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by arimahoseloka(m): 6:07am On Mar 08, 2015
DProDG:

You do realise that most of the earth and obviously the rest of the known universe is unhabitable, right? If not for innovations and technology, we'll probably be extinct. If your God really created this world for us, he did a really bad job.
my brother u don't know what u are saying. I am a geographer and let me tell u. God did an impeccable job. He did an absolutely breathtaking and marvelous job on this earth.
it will interest u 2 know that what u are calling a waste for example the 9 planets, its a necessity for the existence of earth. they act as a kind of gravitational force holding the earth together and other planets.
what do u think will happen. if 4 example one of the 9 planets is blown 2 bits. or the moon is destroyed.

do u think it will all be well on earth here, considering the fact u believe God created many "wastes". look @ Antarctica 4 example a place totally covered in ice. do u think that also was unnecessary. now let me tell u. that Antarctica u see regulates the weather and climate of the whole world it is what is keeping the planet cool. are u not seeing the way environmentalist are panicking over global warming?

even the volcanoes, deserts, the vast ocean floors are all important. if I should start explaining their importance one by one. I would end up writing a book here on Nairaland. even Ur own shit. has an importance.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:14am On Mar 08, 2015
God was created by thé imagination of man .
Man came from physical particles that attained consciousness over billions of years !

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Solozzo(m): 6:15am On Mar 08, 2015
DProDG:

Our belief that God created the earth for us is a pointing to our narcissism. Nature gave all creatures equal chance through evolution to develop the best qualities to help them survive. For now man is just the new kid on the block ; others have gone. New ones would come when man goes. Man have existed for over two million years ; call him homo erectus, homo habilis, homo ergaster, Homo sapiens, they were all humans. We simply lack the humility to accept them as our ancestors.

A poser: did God create man in his image or man created God in our own image?

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by olawale3525(m): 6:17am On Mar 08, 2015
No beginning, No end, Jalal
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 08, 2015
arimahoseloka:
my brother u don't know what u are saying. I am a geographer and let me tell u. God did an impeccable job. He did an absolutely breathtaking and marvelous job on this earth.
it will interest u 2 know that what u are calling a waste for example the 9 planets, its a necessity for the existence of earth. they act as a kind of gravitational force holding the earth together and other planets.
what do u think will happen. if 4 example one of the 9 planets is blown 2 bits. or the moon is destroyed.

do u think it will all be well on earth here, considering the fact u believe God created many "wastes". look @ Antarctica 4 example a place totally covered in ice. do u think that also was unnecessary. now let me tell u. that Antarctica u see regulates the weather and climate of the whole world it is what is keeping the planet cool. are u not seeing the way environmentalist are panicking over global warming?

even the volcanoes, deserts, the vast ocean floors are all important. if I should start explaining their importance one by one. I would end up writing a book here on Nairaland. even Ur own shit. has an importance.

Lol...I'm aware of the importance of the gold I shit cool
My point is, according to you guys, God is omnipotent, right? He could have simply created an earth that didn't require all that to sustain life but rather 'wasted materials' on them. Also, it doesn't change that most of what he supposedly created for us on earth are eitert unfavourable or would simply kill us

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Horlufemi(m): 6:19am On Mar 08, 2015
God created time&space. His own time is the prime reality.

and we are not products of evolution. we are created brings to reproduce according to our kind.

God cannot be ruled out because we can not see the past and we weren't there. We could be creation of an alien race. but we are dedicatedly not here by chance. evolution requires more faith than religion itself. evolution only sees physical features of life forms but the cells are a different matter entirely.

scientifically speaking there is a creator but most don't know who or what it is.

I do. He is Jehovah.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Solozzo(m): 6:21am On Mar 08, 2015
Oduduwaboy:
God was created by thé imagination of man .
Man came from physical particles that attained consciousness over billions of years !

What is consciousness? How do brain nurotransmitters, nurons and other elements inside lead to awareness, capacity to introspect, plan, save data and process them to make sense come into existence? But the big question is why are here.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 6:23am On Mar 08, 2015
Horlufemi:
God created time&space. His own time is the prime reality.

and we are not products of evolution. we are created brings to reproduce according to our kind.

God cannot be ruled out because we can not see the past and we weren't there. We could be creation of an alien race. but we are dedicatedly not here by chance. evolution requires more faith than religion itself. evolution only sees physical features of life forms but the cells are a different matter entirely.

scientifically speaking there is a creator but most don't know who or what it is.

I do. He is Jehovah.

Would you like me to tell you why that is bullsh#t?

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by listenersky: 6:24am On Mar 08, 2015
Our God is the only God.You can't compare anybody or anything to him.he's the beginning and he's also the end.he's the man of War,the lion of the tribe of Judah.so I pity you if you are trying to investigate him.The man that owns the air that fills your lungs everyday.Maybe when you start paying for the air,then you will know God is not a God u can investigate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Youths Beat Fake Pastor In Cross River, Burn His Church (Photos) / 85-year-old Reverend Iloh Remarries 74-year-old Wife (photo) / Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.