Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893386 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jckson: 8:17pm On May 17, 2015
have anyone used this doctoresparati? Please i need help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 8:21pm On May 17, 2015
Honestly I needed that layover on our way back cos it paid off. After 14hrs flight to dubai, we had time to rest, eat well, freshen up. But goin our transit time was less than 3hrs.

segbas:
Whites...
I said over 2 years ago...
I dont knw their policy now. And I have not been flying them lately....
but mind you... no flight is free... your baby will either pay for a service or the other. My wife flew Emirate with our eight months old girl in April 2013. She had her own bad and 7kg hand luggage. While I paid just QR.220 as against her mum of QR. 2900 then. I dont know if the info is not correct now but as of then... very very correct.

But I think their layover fom flight from Nigeria is long for a pregy or a nusing mother..... dts should be the only concern.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 8:47pm On May 17, 2015
Thanks shelly, it also states that I have to pick either FedEx ups or DHL. Is dat compulsory and any difference from there regular post methods.heard they charge as high as 50 dollars. but am currently in Maryland and I need to send it to Washington right.. Which of themy do you think is best and not costly.

Also need to know if I can buy a return ticket for my baby on the day of my flight.need advice on how best to save cost.
Or a one way ticket.

Thanks

shelly23:
Yeah it's not the most straightforward process. You're better off just buying a money order instead of trying to pay with your card (they'll ask you to register the card by scanning and emailing your bank statement, passport, etc)
When you get to the payment page, choose the money order option and you'll see the instructions on what to do next.
If you get confused, call their customer service number.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 9:00pm On May 17, 2015
Amother4life:

Why do we then wonder why Nigerian's are subjected to all sorts of aggressive interviews.

Is the op a nigerian?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadasther: 9:01pm On May 17, 2015
please check previous pages and read through, its obvious you just started on this page to read. you would get answers from the previous pages of this thread, if the answers your looking for are not there, then feel free to ask the specifics so that the house can be of help

jckson:

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 9:24pm On May 17, 2015
ifax:

Is the op a nigerian?
I believe so. He may be a resident in a different country though. I believe this site is for naija people and my advice is tailored exclusively towards my naija people . If op is from somewhere else he should have said so even though the fraud in question trumps nationality regardless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 9:32pm On May 17, 2015
You don't have to use DHL or FedEx. I used priority mail from USPS, the envelope was $5.95 and it got there in 3days, you can use priority express if you want it to get there the next day. Just ask for a tracking number. Innovate will send you an email to confirm receipt. Print the email and include it in the package you're sending to the embassy, that's your proof of payment.

For your baby's ticket, call the airline first to know the price and then pay at the airport, to avoid any surprises.

demiiii:
Thanks shelly, it also states that I have to pick either FedEx ups or DHL. Is dat compulsory and any difference from there regular post methods.heard they charge as high as 50 dollars. but am currently in Maryland and I need to send it to Washington right.. Which of themy do you think is best and not costly.

Also need to know if I can buy a return ticket for my baby on the day of my flight.need advice on how best to save cost.
Or a one way ticket.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 9:35pm On May 17, 2015
They won't even let you buy one way since your baby doesn't have a Nigerian passport, only a Nigerian tourist visa. Buy the return and get a refund for the return leg when you get home. That's what Delta advised me to do.

shelly23:
You don't have to use DHL or FedEx. I used priority mail from USPS, the envelope was $5.95 and it got there in 3days, you can use priority express if you want it to get there the next day. Just ask for a tracking number. Innovate will send you an email to confirm receipt. Print the email and include it in the package you're sending to the embassy, that's your proof of payment.

For your baby's ticket, call the airline first to know the price and then pay at the airport, to avoid any surprises.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anupopo: 9:39pm On May 17, 2015
Hi Shelly23, how's your baby doing?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 9:39pm On May 17, 2015
ifax:

Is the op a nigerian?

Let's hope not. I have seen some Indians and Arabs on this thread also.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by teeboy95: 10:03pm On May 17, 2015
Please can Someone in the House help me with

DR. Glenn Morgans Email-

I am trying to contact him and start the process as i want to apply for visa in July am due in sept.

Your help will be most appreciated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 10:06pm On May 17, 2015
Tvegas:

Let's hope not. I have seen some Indians and Arabs on this thread also.

If he has a 5 year visa, I doubt he's a nigerian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SAkale: 10:08pm On May 17, 2015
Please advice me on this,I am using Klm(airfrance), was told its better to send someone Here in Nigeria to buy when the baby comes To buy a return ticket.

Please did anyone use a wheelchair to ease the traveL?

quote author=shelly23 post=33837382]They won't even let you buy one way since your baby doesn't have a Nigerian passport, only a Nigerian tourist visa. Buy the return and get a refund for the return leg when you get home. That's what Delta advised me to do.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 10:49pm On May 17, 2015
Pls mihs mamas when we say monterra and ocotillo apartments aint furnished, what exactly do you mean? does it mean that i wont v a bed and i cant cook? pls i want to know cos i will be travelling soon n am yet to decide on where to stay embarassed

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 12:06am On May 18, 2015
Thanks so much. Just Wat I wanted to confirm. That means wen coming back, I can v 3 boxes checked in (1 for baby n 2 for me)
Nita2013:
With emirates ur baby is entitled to one checked in bag of 23kg and a diaper bag off 5kg.

I flew Emirates last year November to naija with my baby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 12:07am On May 18, 2015
Thanks n well noted!

segbas:
Your baby will have her own luggage as normal baggage..... my wife flew emirate to Doha, over 2 years now while our daughter was still an infant... she was given normal baggage....

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:12am On May 18, 2015
ifax:

If he has a 5 year visa, I doubt he's a nigerian
I don't think he is a Nigerian but he might be resdent in Nigeria, the only people that I have heard with 5 years visas to the u.s in about a year are non Nigerians residing in Nigeria ,because I learnt the standard became two years ever since.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Arisbel(f): 12:36am On May 18, 2015
bambini:
Pls mihs mamas when we say monterra and ocotillo apartments aint furnished, what exactly do you mean? does it mean that i wont v a bed and i cant cook? pls i want to know cos i will be travelling soon n am yet to decide on where to stay embarassed

I can only say for Legacy suites, it is furnished with Wifi, swim,ing pool, gym, spa, but does not have pillows, pots, spoons, forks, plates, cups. The environment is cool, quite, beautiful and clean. Am enjoying my stay cos other Mamas gave me a lot of stuffs like pillows, pots, plates etc and good orientation which made my life here easier.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by babyspice: 2:11am On May 18, 2015
Based on his responses, i have a stong feeling he is not Nigerian. I could be wrong.
Amother4life:

I believe so. He may be a resident in a different country though. I believe this site is for naija people and my advice is tailored exclusively towards my naija people . If op is from somewhere else he should have said so even though the fraud in question trumps nationality regardless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 6:23am On May 18, 2015
Shelly that depends on d airline I guess. With emirates I bought a one way ticket for my baby at $50. And he had only naija visa.

shelly23:
They won't even let you buy one way since your baby doesn't have a Nigerian passport, only a Nigerian tourist visa. Buy the return and get a refund for the return leg when you get home. That's what Delta advised me to do.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 6:39am On May 18, 2015
@demiiii
If you're in Maryland and would have to go through the stress of buying a money order, why not just get a nigerian passport instead of getting a visa.
Had my baby last year in Maryland and got baby's naija passport in two hours at the embassy.
#myopinion

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by larab6: 7:47am On May 18, 2015
Goldenheart88:
@ goldenheart88 please are you still using Dr Fares?

Yes I had my toddler on my laps and my hand luggage in between my legs resting on the foot pedal of the wheel chair. Yes the porter waits for you to finish everything including luggage claim, and till u catch your ride. Just prepare your tip for the porter. And yes, he will be the only one attending to u. You can't get two porters.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by larab6: 8:15am On May 18, 2015
Happymom001:
Hello my lovely people, has anyone given birth in New Jersey area before, it seems collection is slow here, about 6-8weeks and for other states it seems faster, please any former new jersey mama's or papa's pls chime in on how you have gone about it. Thanks all

@happymom001 please did u use Dr Fares,if yes please how was your experience?if you dont mind u can drop your email so i can contact you pleaseeee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by aye88: 8:52am On May 18, 2015
Beryl15:
@demiiii
If you're in Maryland and would have to go through the stress of buying a money order, why not just get a nigerian passport instead of getting a visa.
Had my baby last year in Maryland and got baby's naija passport in two hours at the embassy.
#myopinion

Did you book an appointment with the embassy or you justwalked in? Pls how did yougo about the process

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Whites: 8:56am On May 18, 2015
jckson:

Please do yourself a favor and read through the thread. Many people have used them, and most of them have come back here to share their experience.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Whites: 9:01am On May 18, 2015
tobitee:
[quote author=bbaby84 post=3I

Thanks a lot for sharing your story. I appreciate. I also can't think of leaving her behind but I will be going on my own. Hubby will be staying back in Nigeria to take care of business. My concern is this; I have no relatives in US. I will be going to El paso or Phoenix( from research on this thread). That's why am asking if anyone has gone that route before and how did they cope especially when hospitalised.

It's going to be very tricky traveling alone with a toddler and with no support system whatsoever. If your husband cannot travel, perhaps you can maybe have your mom or MIL accompany you? Either way you will need some help, especially when you go to the hospital to have your baby.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 9:13am On May 18, 2015
Hi mummies, please help a sister grin

lala4sure:
Please houston bound mother (using dr fagbohun and oakbend medical centre) help a sister with affordable accommodation. I am leaving by 2nd week of june and i need accommodation as my initial accommodation plan just flopped. plssssssssssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Whites: 9:23am On May 18, 2015
lala4sure:

Hi mummies, please help a sister grin

Soul Care and Precious Cedars have been mentioned before for those considering Houston. have you looked into them?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 9:48am On May 18, 2015
[But i need to apply online first? Fill and post to the embassy.I am applying for a passport and not a visa.
Did you fill any form before going to the embassy
. Or you just walked into the embassy and filled the form.

quote author=Beryl15 post=33843888]@demiiii
#myopinion [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 9:57am On May 18, 2015
Did u call delta or you just got to the airport on the day of your departure and you bought a return ticket.

Am using delta. I called them but d lady said I couldn't get a one way ticket but she wasn't sure if they could get it for me at d airport counter.

Need advice from recent traveller's on how they went about it.

Nita2013:
Shelly that depends on d airline I guess. With emirates I bought a one way ticket for my baby at $50. And he had only naija visa.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 10:08am On May 18, 2015
I will advice you go with someone. Being here without a relative or help is terrible. Even with a relative, I still felt d vacuum of my immediate family members.

You will need them for moral and emotional support, and assistance with post delivery.

I currently have serious back pain but no 1 to massage it for me. Just imagine so many other things I need.
Also sometimes the hospital staff may become smart or overlook some errors by including in your bill what you were not give during and after the delivery process. Only a family member can help calculate how many drips u were give and drug.

Can go on and on guys

[quote author=Whites post=33847241][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 10:18am On May 18, 2015
chloe7:
I don't think he is a Nigerian but he might be resdent in Nigeria, the only people that I have heard with 5 years visas to the u.s in about a year are non Nigerians residing in Nigeria ,because I learnt the standard became two years ever since.

Only a few countries like saudi/Jordan/Pakistan/egypt and ghana I think get 5 year visa. Others get 10 years, others a year or even less. And some, like us 2 years.

He said he is in the UAE

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.